drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ViuDsy7yb8M#t=42s
youtube.com/watch?v=3Oe7Q8OCm5I
youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jumpchain Solid: Revengeance

In tems of increasing difficulty, what's the best order for Megami Tensei jumps?

Got a question about Symbiotes. Lets say I wanna give my companions or something Symbiote powers without actually givin them a voice talking in their head, is it possible? Can I give them a surgery of somesort and allow them to access the symbiote abilities as if they themselves were symbiotes? Of course I dont plan to give them that crazy processing thing and make them go crazy, but carbon nano tube muscles and skin weaving together with a crazy bio processing power? That would be awesome.

For those of you who took the 0 cp version of the Morlock drawback in X-men Cinematic Universe, what did you go with?

Here's a version with some typo corrections, for anyone who missed it.

So far? SMT 1, Devil Survivor, Devil Survivor 2. SMT 1 is the most low powered game, and actually fairly survivable given the biggest threat to anyone not the MC are the endless legions of demons/angels/cultists. Devil Survivor is when you confine the apocalypse to a single city, give everyone, including gangsters and more the power to summon demons, unleash big name demons who target EVERYONE, not just the MC, and put a time limit of a week before everyone dies, and to add to the problems, people are slowly losing their minds. Very dangerous. Devil Survivor 2? The ruler of the multiverse wants Earth, and humanity, to die, and is erasing it from existence, while sending Angel expies to finish the job in the areas she can't simply erase. What's that you say? You managed to beat her somehow and reset the world? Good for you! You just woke up her boss, who literally controls time, space, heat, and force, and who can appoint a new Administrator, AND can unleash demon like creatures that if it weren't for the existence of a living glitch in reality(Miyako and Yamato were not supposed to exist in the same world), would be literally unkillable. The same applies to the boss as well, of course.

What about Soul Hackers and Persona's Strange Journey drawback?

Probably Persona/Soul Hackers > Devil Survivor 1 without Bels and Whistles/SMT1 > Devil Survivor 1 with Bels and Whistles > Devil Survivor 2.

Although, I base Devil Survivor 1's placement on the assumption that unless you screw things up too much, Abel will win the war by "default".

Persona with the SJ drawback is basically all of the above combined, so it's dead last until the Nocturne endjump becomes a thing.

Huh, forgot about those. Soul Hackers is slightly less dangerous than Devil Survivor, due to there being no time limit, but still incredibly dangerous for anyone unprepared. The Grigori, ancient fallen angels who gave mankind war, astrology, and other forbidden knowledge, and who fathered the Nephelim, have set up a powerful corporation that controls the futuristic city that the game takes place in from the shadows. Like cyberpunk, basically. Using an online game, they plan to capture enough souls to awaken and control Manitou, the Great Spirit, and remake/take over the world, or something like that. There is a single hacker group who opposes them, so you might want to help them. Also, make sure that the Grigori and their Phantom Society don't capture Nemissa, otherwise Manitou can't be killed.
Strange Journey is DS2, SMT 1, and Strange Journey combined. So uh, last place.

>Persona's Strange Journey drawback
NO! Just no.

Ah, sorry, I meant the Strange Journey 'Space Marines on the Artic' part of the drawback.

Oh. Well you'll still have to deal with the others, but that part is...well, it's complicated. Several demon lords, the old gods and goddesses, angels wanting to make sure everything goes JUST AS PLANNED, greedy, immoral mercenaries, a hostile environment that lacks air and is only survivable because of Demonicas, or in this case Personas I guess, and the final boss, Mem Aleph, is basically Gaia on steroids. Oh, and if you don't hurry up, the entire world will be consumed/destroyed and remade into a world of madness and Chaos.

Last, or second to last. There is some seriously dangerous shit in Strange Journey.

>DS2, SMT 1, and Strange Journey combined
And you only 300CP....have fun

Will it ever reach version 1?

Soon as I find it.

Jokes aside, only reason it's not 1.0 right now is because I'm not sure if there's anything else I want to add or need to fix. It's almost as done as it's going to get.

Have you considered adding a perk for finding things.
Or even better. a perk for losing things.

>spoiler
Like your virginity?

That's one of the new drawbacks, actually.

Why would it user? If it was at 1 that would mean it was complete, perfect, but perfection a ever moving goal, unattainable in our life time. To label it one, or say you “won” would be lying to yourself and the universe, don't be that guy user.

At least you start in the beginning so you can stop some of those from getting as bad as they do during the SMT games.

so, if you've made a jump, and later on you update it with nothing too big, just a few corrected typos and somesuch, do you still need to post the new version here?

It's a good idea to do so, yeah.

In Golden sky stories can I only help a two elders to help or more? I am a moron and I am just making sure.

Well, I was told they were designed to be somewhat modular by their inventors and even the insensate ones can do quite a lot with access to biomass, so I don't see why not with a little creativity.

A mosaic organ, especially with red surgery a la Terra Formars would be a pretty solid choice. Resident Evil has a lot of plots involving saturating diseases with specific traits so it stands to reason with the researcher capstone and virologist perks you could whip up something. There's also Gene Slamming from Street Sharks or Mad Biologist from Gargoyles to take the cartoon science approach to biology.

By the way, just curious-when Chaos eats things to upgrade does she physically chew and swallow or assimilate like goo? Found some fight scenes but no eating scenes.

Damn, V2s are crazy buff. Seemed like the only reason she lost while soloing the rest of the harem was because she kept deliberately taking hits.

Yep.

You can help as many as you like.

Your Dinotopia jump is interesting, but I have a few issues with it. First of all, it seemed a little odd that you put the Drop-In and Dolphinback as separate, when I think they could have been one category. Really, both of them involve you arriving with no preexisting ties to the island.

My bigger issue with your jump is that you are using the miniseries. It contradicts the original books in many different ways, and lacks the colorful flavor of the story.

I was already making a Dinotopia jump, books only, when I learned of your jump. As I do not consider the miniseries in the same canon as the books, I plan to continue working on my own jump to resolve this matter.

okay, fixed the dice roller on Bartimaeus after I realized that I'd been a total noob and made the range 1000-1004 years instead of the 1-4k years it should have been...

here we are.

Use your imagination. Either interpretation is valid.

and fixed a few spellings.

What are the best jumps for early chain?

"Excuse me sir, I have to check what's inside your bag before letting you pass."

"Son of man, there is not enough room in your solar system to contain all that is within this bag."

Prepare for trouble.

"Yeah yeah like I haven't heard that before now put your bag down so I can check it."

Wrong thread?

To hopefully avert the inevitable-just so we're clear, IS the miniseries, officially, in the same canon as the books or not?

youtube.com/watch?v=ViuDsy7yb8M#t=42s

I like FFTA for the ribbon bearer to avoid getting blindsided, Wuxia for some basic combat survival abilities, Red Dwarf for the anti-boredom perk so I can train 24/7, and Animorphs for those early shifting abilities. Those are usually some of the first jumps I think to visit because they are really key for developing a good baseline to work from.

Make it double.
"Alright. You asked for it, child of Adam."

"You don't need to check my bag. You're going to let me pass."

8-Bit Theater a silly little FF/D&D webcomic, and Madoka for a fun magical girl experience.

You evil motherfucker.

Sims
Scooby doo
Hollywood
Musician

"I don't need to check your bag. I'll let you pass."

That is the most obvious lie ever, both of those settings are incredibly dangerous.

*Demons start spreading all over the place*

SMT1's a good start. No big apocalypses to worry about, and the demons are pretty friendly.

Okay but seriously, The Sims 3 is pretty obvious. I'm a fan of early VtM: Bloodlines, but I wouldn't call it safe or too useful. If you're capable of stomaching it and willing to be a fucking sparkler, Twilight is a big power up. I'm not entirely certain on safety, but I like Venture Bros. and They Live to get my badass normal on soon.

Trolling aside, getting Time Stop early does make the chain much easier.

You just need to be willing to run. A lot. And not look back.

Ravenloft!

More seriously, most any of Quicksilver's jumps, Twilight if you're not bent on killing all the sparkling excuses for vampires, and Harry Potter is pretty good. LoT is ok for a couple jumps in if you're not breaking the deadlight.
My first couple jumps in order:
>Pokemon (then bodymod and warehouse)
>Twilight
>Harry Potter
>InFamous
>LOTR
>Light of Terra
From there i could kinda go anywhere.

Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs for some solid adventuremans perks, companions and a giant monster you can summon

Thanks for the suggestions, though I have to ask would the low danger drawback make Touhou a good option?

Jane here. The miniseries has several call-backs to the original series and is what I'm more familiar with. I did make sure to include a complication that puts you in the time of the original series, but I'd be delighted to see your own take on it and possibly switch mine over to a "The Miniseries" Jump.

Go right ahead.

SMT1
Devil Survivor
Light of Terra
:^)

But seriously Spyro: Classic
Any of the super mario's or nintendo jumps
Adventure time
Generic Dungeon Crawl could be an unconventional but useful start.

If you go Yokai, and don't try to measure metaphorical dicks with people? It's perfectly fine.

Or you can also fuck off to the human world, if you have the means to.

Woops forgot to link

Light of Terra truly is one of the best early Jumps. Just use the Tomb Spyder and in a few years you can blow up planets from your ship. Which pretty much guarantees your survival on 90% of the settings and stomping 80% of them.

not to mention:
>Alpha+ Psyker powers and more
>40k tier- Melee Mastery
>Load of Wyrd powers depending on your luck
>40k tier Implants and augmentations, as well as tech

>Still no Three Kingdoms Jump

Wei did nothing wrong.

> "Sir, I am a woman."
> "Oh, I'm... are you sure?"
> "Pretty sure."
> "I'm very sorry."
> "It's fine."
> "Anyway, I'll need to see your bag."
> "What bag?"
> "The bag you just... where did it go?"
> "Where did what go?"
> "You were just holding a bag."
> "No I wasn't."
> "..."
> "..."
> "Did someone steal it?!"
> "Steal what?"
> "... go ahead."

Recently in my quest to reorganize all my jumps, I realized that, between Ouran Highschool's androgyny and bishounen sparkle/cherry blossom perks (all of which I have) and Invader Zim's Tall perk (which I also have -- I wanted to be about Tak-size), there was a long stretch of time where it was actually really hard to tell my gender.
I didn't start collecting all the cute perks until way later.

That means that my companions watched me gradually morph from a dashing swordswoman into some kind of mascot character for a jRPG.

It's fun to think about.

Still no Tales of Wuxia jump, either. Great game that only just got an English translation up on steam.

>Baby Football perk

You mean the game where it's text in the sim part is still chinese and not translated right?

I've run through the entire game, pretty much. Just got the last section to do and then I get a 'you won!' screen. There are very few bits that are still in chinese, and these are tiny little multiple choice sections that couldn't be translated due to the differences between english and chinese, so they list what the correct answer is.

Anyone going 'It's all in chinese bwaaaaa don't buy it' is an idiot.

Jumpers: What does a typical episode of Jumper: The Series look like?

I am not complaining about the chinese text. I encountered it when for some reason when I lost against a bear I couldn't read what the text was saying since it was in another language. I would willingly give money for the people to get better translators or something but besides that I can easily ignore it.

youtube.com/watch?v=3Oe7Q8OCm5I

Fair enough. Guess I'm still cranky over someone threatening to rape me because I gave the game a good review on steam

Is it just me, or does the red haired woman look like female Ganandorf, and the Backhaired one is Zelda?

I'm surprised they would allow you on a plane since you are short enough to look like someone's child.

That's how how the Internet says "I mostly agree with your review, but have a few points of contention."

Point me at a setting where everything's shitty beyond compare and I'll redeem it.

yeah, I can see that.

>Warhammer 40k
>Drakengard

Akame Ga Kill
Black Bullet
Ravenloft

See

Drakengard can be solved at 3's timeline if you just seal the Flower and kill Three, Five, and maybe Four. Just let One and Two run everything forever.

Commoragh
Girl-Chan in Paradise
Fate

>Trying to fix Ravenloft

Good luck with that.

>World of Darkness (old: Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, new: Vampire the Requiem and Changeling the Lost)
>Berserk
>SCP Foundation
>Megami Tensei (see top of thread for specific jumps)

Just kill all the bad people!

Ignore the darklord who is doing just that obviously she isn't killing enough bad people hard enough

no you don't, as representative of the Imperium Romanum New Democratic scientia dracones I have diplomatic pouch privileges.

My solution to every problem in the universe is something I call the Penitence.

The Penitence isn't any specific object, operation, or force, but a combination of factors and actions depending on the circumstances.

The Penitence usually works like such; there's a few varieties of ability that are vital to the execution of any Penitence, among them specifically, are Perks that affect and changes the characters of things defeated, as well as abilities that make it so that, as much damage/force I use to defeat my enemies, they will not be killed by it.

You must employ precise, high potency, mind influencing force, to while simultaneously destroying and reforming their physical bodies without killing them, so that everyone comes away from the experience a genuinely better person.

Damn, that fits so well.

Would a Neon Conduit with the Energy Form perk essentially be a weaker version of the Glint-Glint Fruit from One Piece?

First the episode starts with the viewer hearing a talk between me and the witch.
Perhaps its about the nature of man, making a new spell or even just about the two of us watching people from the rooftops under a beautiful full moon.

And then the talk shifts about the newest fool who entered the shop to seek to make a deal with the witch. The deals sound rather fair most of the time and the payment is not ussually money...yet it is also not anything they cannot do either, there is no impossible or debilitating payment.

Then the camera shifts as the details of the deal are told to the night sky as the rather dark theme music starts to play and the scene shifts to the shop where the witch often works.
It is small and rather stereotypical, but in the side looking at the customers and the camera are three stools and on this small bar bench a werewolf often sits and drinks.
Sometimes in the intro the werewolf is a guy, other times there is another person next to him writing things, she would look human if it wasn't for the metal arms.
The scenes keep shifting, the rooftop which the viewer learns that where the gang often watches down the city from, the mysterious newly appeared castle that is haunted by undead and more.

Then sudden shift to a police investigator who is known to seek that shop.
He is on a dead-end as he investigates un-related cases of miracles happening, some say he is chasing ghosts, but the day under the moon where he saw something big growling at him and ripped apart his partner haunts him.
Tonight was a full moon and all the cases, some of which ended badly tell that to their right as they entered the shop at night, a wolf like creature was standing like a man watching them and he cannot help but remember the legends about werewolves as the scar on his chest seems to grow hot.

Each time he thinks he knows where to go, he instead gets lost, but he slowly yet surely feels like he is getting closer.
(Continued next post)

What settings offer me good Chaotic powers?

>Chaotic powers?
What do you mean by that?

I... guess. You probably wouldn't get lightspeed out of it, but a lot more utility.

imagine equal parts everyone loves Raymond, kill la kill, mysterious Joker and God, the devil and Bob except God the devil and Bob are all one person.

youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Just do randomly chaotic things like pic related.

if you mean what I think you mean you want to pick up soft physics in worm.

Why not? You would be literally turning into light.

Apart from the small detail of surviving that jump?

SMT, obviously. Webmage, 40k, Alice, and Sailor Moon has some nice chaos stuff too.

The first 10 years are the hard part, and there are plenty of perks to assist in that.

You actually have to use your brain and form a strategy for part 1.

>Wanting to do anything with 40k chaos.

Mostly because it seems like that'd be ludicrously more powerful than the other conduit Energy Forms then.