Warhammer 40k General

Roundtree fruit pastille edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

I fear I've been doing wound allocation to models in a unit out of line of sight.
If I had wounds left to allocate, but no one in LoS, I'd discard them.
Now I'm seeing the new FAQ for firing at models behind vehicles and it looks as if the wound pool can kill models out of LoS but they get a save of whatever's in the way.

>plz help

Link? I was under the impression that wounds were always allocated near to far regardless of anything but Precision Shots.

I got my girlfriend into Dawn of War recently.
Now she won't stop speaking like an Ork and making Ork jokes.

Did I do it wrong?

I'm just terribly confused.
Say my Punisher kills 6 models in the open, I go from nearest to furthest, but when I reach the models that are behind cover/armour they receive a 5+ for armour (or whatever the intervening cover was). I couldn't target the unit with the Punisher's bolters afterwards owing to LoS however.

Before hand I'd get to the point where the 6 "in the open" models are dead and stop when I did not have line of sight on anymore models.

Can someone confirm that my new interpretation is right and I'm not doing it incorrectly?

Page 35 of the rulebook.

Out of Sight
If none of the firing models can draw a line of sight to a particular model in the target unit, then Wounds cannot be allocated to it. If there are no visible models in the target unit, all remaining Wounds in the pool are lost.

That's exactly what I was playing before until a friend showed me this in the FAQ which states you can wound models out of LoS.

The FAQ literally says you need line of sight. Apply both rules. The ones you can see fully? You can kill without cover save. The ones you can see just a bit? They get a 5+ cover saves. The ones hugging the tank? They can't be shot.

The FAQ says you can only wound models out of LoS if you have indirect fire weapons.

Can psykers read minds? Is there any device that allow you to read minds?

I was told you're the guys to ask about recasts.

she wants you to pORK her like an ork.

That sounds endearing as fuck.

Get outta here GW. You aren't foolin anyone.

> An entire psychic tree called telepathy
You tell me.

Was meant for.

I don't know. How can the Inquisition have so many problems if they can read minds?

+++ New Roster (845pts) +++

++ Chaos - Khorne Daemonkin (Combined Arms Detachment) (845pts) ++

+ HQ (75pts) +

>Chaos Lord (75pts)
••••Power Armour [Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades]

+ Troops (514pts) +

>Berzerkers (162pts)
••••Bezerker Champion (29pts) [Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades, Power Armour]
••••Rules: Skulls for the Skull Throne!
••••7x Bezerkers (133pts) [7x Bolt Pistol, 7x Frag Grenades, 7x Krak Grenades, 7x Power Armour]

>Bloodletters (80pts)
Rules: Blood for the Blood God!, Daemon of Khorne, Deep Strike, Fearless
••••8x Bloodletters (80pts) [8x Hellblade]

>Chaos Cultists (142pts)
Rules: Blood for the Blood God!, Mark of Khorne
••••Cultist Champion (16pts) [Autopistol, Close Combat Weapon, Improvised Armour]
••••21x Cultists (126pts) [21x Close Combat Weapon, 21x Improvised Armour]

>Chaos Space Marines (130pts)
••••Aspiring Champion (25pts) [Boltgun, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades, Power Armour]
••••7x Chaos Marines with Boltguns (105pts) [7x Bolt Pistol, 7x Boltgun, 7x Frag Grenades, 7x Krak Grenades, 7x Power Armour]

+ Fast Attack (76pts) +

>Chaos Bikers (76pts)
••••Biker Champion (32pts) [Chaos Bike, Combi-bolter, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades, Power Armour]
••••2x Bikers (44pts) [2x Bolt Pistol, 2x Chaos Bike, 2x Close Combat Weapon, 2x Combi-bolter, 2x Frag Combi-Bolter: Range:24"|Strength:4|AP:5|Type:Rapid Fire, Twin-linked
Krak Grenades: Range:8"/ -|Strength:6|AP:4|Type:Assault 1/ -

+ Heavy Support (180pts) +

>Forgefiend (180pts) [Daemonic Possession, Two Hades Autocannons]
Rules: Blood for the Blood God!, Daemon of Khorne, Daemonforge, Fleet, It Will Not Die!

That FAQ has nothing to do with fucking wound allocation.

Any changes and what power weapons should I take?

>mfw everybody i ask about recasts says this

Care to explain?

What are kroot hounds, shapers, and riders good for?

>Kroot Hounds.

Acute Senses and initiative. Always bring one, just one, for re-roll outflank.
>Shaper

Leadership and some extra attacks. Only worth it in some situations.

Rider.

S7 Infiltration.

Why does anyone take Kroot or Fire Warriors when Gue'vesa and Crisis Suits exist?

Not him but he is right. It's only about saves. It states pretty clear that it os talking about models with los but are obscured behind a tank (25% or so). All it is saying is that the tank conveys a coversave as if it was a building

Anyone got a link for the IA11 2nd edition pdf?
Wanna see how easily my current DE can be proxied for the Corsairs

thanks, the only reason I was doubting the obvious ruling is because my friend was so adamant that it meant you could kill people out of LoS etc. Cheers.

I'd like to have Gue'vesa with somekind of infiltration rule like the Genestealers. Water Caste's spies.

Take a swimming pool. Then, using one dropper, take out some water . Thats how many possible mindreaders in the inquisition in comparison to the rest of the Imperium.

I like that analogy user.

Does anyone know, if there is some sort of fortification that stops marines from charging turn one or stops them from deep striking turn 1? It can be forg world stuff too, as long as guard can take it.

So are Scions just meant to be used exclusively as allies? They have like 4 choices in the codex. Would they go well with infiltrating skitarii and their heavy weapons?
I'll need a new army once the FAQ officially kills my Dark Eldar.

If you've got the cash or a heavy Kabal army you can always proxy them for Corsairs like i'm probably going to do m8

That and i'm waiting to see what this "8th edition" book will bring

It's because nobody actually knows any more since the recasters got more cautious, but they like to think they're in a sekrit club so can't admit they don't know.

I'll have to find the IA book that Corsair's are in but I doubt I'll find too many pick up games with that many proxies.
I just really love the models for Scions and Mechanicus and want an excuse to buy em. I also don't want to buy another army that just won't work though.

Are Gue'vesa legal again?

Were they ever not?

Lore question: are Necron infiltrators a possibility? What about clandestine bands of Necrons operating in Imperial space?

>are Necron infiltrators a possibility?

Yep, there was Necron Lord disguised as an inquisitor in the Xenology. Also the Deceiver was said to have agents within the Inquisition and Admech.

But that's all Oldcron lore.

Newcron lore has Deathmarks which are Necron spies, infiltrators, and assassins all packed in one package.

I understand that the Deciever and Nightbringer have physical models, but they really needed from a lore perspective have some active C'tan for the sake of consistency.

Imo, the big four should be whole and active, and the rest sharded.

>Having fun trying the new CSM formations
>Make lists of only those formations
>Some of those lists are really stupid and inefficient, but it's nice to have some new rules
>Win every single game because skill and experience
>"Wow, CSM are really strong now, I don't understand why you were complaining about your Codex"
>mfw

The problem was that the big four are fluff wise stronger than anything else in the game. They were as strong or stronger than the Eldar Gods, the Old Ones or the Emperor.

stupid question: Do chapter tactics only apply specifically to models with the "Chapter Tactics" special rule listed in their description or to all models in a detachment?

That's a pretty sweet jumper/scarf combo he's rocking there.

Sounds like you did it right to me, user.

I can only dream to be as handsome as he is when i'm older.

That's an interesting question.
From SM 7e codex it's only models with the CT special rule.

But in Angels of Death supplement it's worded that all models in the detachment have the bonuses of the CT, regardless of whether the model has the special rule or not.

nigga that's kawaii

>Take a single Heldrake in my shit army that's suboptimal even by CSM standards
>"No thanks, I only play friendly games"

Why is there no pdfs of the 3rd ED rule book in any of the compilations? Also if anyone has or knows where I could find it that'd be great. I've been scouring for it all night. Used to have a copy on an old hard drive I lost.

Not that stops them, but Coteaz + Aegis + Quad Gun as an allied detachment will annihilate Skyhammer

Yes, which is why you need shards for the tabletop.

stops skyhammer within 12", you mean. even if you can fit literally everything in your army in a bubble of 12", all it takes is relentless gravcannons firing from 24" to kill anything

Peace, I already asked this in the last general but got no attention so I'll try again.

I'm in the process of creating a chaos warband but I can't decide on the colourscheme to use.
The core of my warband is a spacemarine chapter which were some kind of judicators. Think demented judicators now.

I also want a colourscheme which I can use for other sub-warbands. Like a lost and damned group.

I thought of a colourscheme with grey or black as maincolour but feared it might look very bland. Maybe I should add another colour but I' can't decide which.

Anybody got an idea for a nice colourscheme?

Add some royal purple in there.

Insane Judges?
Look at irl judge uniforms - White head, Red and Black body

Nope, can't stop a Skyhammer. He's got a 12" range, average scatter is 4", Multi-Melta is armorbane within 12", and anything worth shooting is going to be at least 3" wide.

Best counter to a Skyhammer is an allied Guard squad with Conscripts abusing coherency. Or you can use Coteaz on one side and your useless Tactical squads on the other.

Then get a void shield generator, grab shouldn't be able to hurt it.

Hmm, I think that might look too Slaanesh-like, a god I don't want to associate with.

that's a good idea, strange that I didn't think of it myself. I'll look into it.

Then he pops the AV12 bubble with other guns, and you also can't get both a Void Shield and a quad gun. Fact is, Coteaz is useless against Skyhammer unless someone scatters insanely badly.

You can if you take two CADs. Actually, can you take a fortification as part of an Inquisitorial detachment?

No, Inquisitorial is just 1 HQ, 1 optional HQ and 3 optional elites.

No, inq is hq/elites only. And two CADs means two HQs and four Troops, and by that point you're investing more than you'll save. If he wants to stop turn one charges, just add a commissar to a 50-man blob of conscripts and spread the coherency to maximum

well, it says the iron hands have the it will not die rule on all their vehicles, and none of the vehicles have chapter tactics. In other places it refers to all "models" and not all "units" so i'm kinda guessing that chapter tactics applies to all units in a detachment.

Do flyer squadrons function like vehicle squadrons for movement and shooting purposes or can they move and shoot independently of each other?

like vehicle squadrons

Bright colours look well on dark canvas. Try a bright yellow, orange, blue, or green.

Flyers have restrictions on their movement. What happens if they move in such a way they have no choice but to break coherency?

Opaque orange

Change the colour of the right shoulder trim+left greave to point at different sub-factions.

Could a feral Termaguant be taken as a marine's/RT's pet?

If Total War: Warhammer becomes a huge success would you then play the inevitable Total War: 40k?

You'd have to move in such a way as to bring them back into coherency.

It'd be uncontrollable.

Just train it like a dog.

Wouldn't work, dogs have been breed over a long period to be able to be trained.

In that case find a Nid whisperer.

And also have a start poi t of an animal that's amenable to domestication.

If ancient dogs/wolves worked off of a hive mind routed in the Empyrean, we might not have been able to domesticate them at all

Is this guy worth using? I really wanna try him.

Most animals can be tamed without breeding. Positive/negative reinforcement is universal. Nids would eat you before you had the chance to try to tame them tho.

what was the penalty for making a non HQ your warlord again?

Also, what do you think of my list?

Tonka Tough 1500 point list

10th Company Task Force Formation Detachment
Salamander Chapter Tactics

2 UNITS
185-Terminator Squad, x1 Terminator Sgt, x4 Terminators, x1 HF
250-DTrans Land Raider Redeemer w/MM

1 UNIT
200-Terminator Squad, x1 Terminator Sgt, x4 Terminators, x1 Cyclone ML

Storm Wing Formation Detachment

2 UNITS
Storm Talen Gunship w/Skyhammer ML

1 UNIT
200 Storm Raven Gunship w/MM, PC

I have a chance to buy the White Scars SM collectors edition codex for £85. Should I go for it?

I don't even play 40k any more but it might be cool to have.

For me he either barely makes his points back and lives the entire game or gets wrecked immediately. He's only really reliable enough for taking out special weapon guys in squads. (Like sniping out grav users) Anything else is pretty risky or non-effective in my opinion.

You're allowed to leave behind Immobilised vehicles in a squadron, but otherwise I think you have to try to keep coherency. And Immobilised fliers have other things to worry about anyway.

Eh, if you really want.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend it. I think there's better use of £85, both within the 40k hobby and outside than a fancier packaging of the SM codex.

But I dunno, if you really want it badly, maybe it's worth it to you

looks like a fun list. Might have problems with stuff that could easily immobilize the landraider, but hey that's half the fun.

It's a nice book, but I don't think it's worth the price.

It's very possible this limited editions will came out every 2-3 years, and there is nothing inside that is really that much unique and cool that you may want it at that price.

No penalty, just for a lot of armies this means your warlord is a 1W chump.

Allied mantis warrior chief librarian + heavy artillery carriage tends to discourage reserve tactics when you face 3x pieplates.

God I hate this so much.

I started playing with some people who have come back after 5th, they flat out to refuse to play against heldrakes at any point level.

I literally own one that I converted to a fucking Tzeentch monster for my Tsons army.

I started playing in seventh, i literally have no idea why heldrakes are hated.

>i literally have no idea why heldrakes are hated.
It was because those metal pterodactyls were cheese in 5th edition.

>Not using him to explode Land Raiders

I see, if I say it's for an Imperial Guard's list would that make him more or less desirable?

Also what about the other 3 assassins?

What is the guard army that features masks, not DKK?

I think they start with M and they wear a metal mask.

Assumed that much, but I've no idea why a marine killing flamer is the epitome of broken

They used to be able to cast the Flamer template in any direction. So you Vector Strike fifteen models and then Flamer them.

I know of one IG regiment that does.

If it had the main rulebook with the custom cover too, it may have been worth it.

People (including me) payed extra to have the one with the Blood Angel on it, just because it's different.

If I need to pay for bragging rights, I want tascable bragging rights.

that looks cool, he has a righteous touch. Quite fitting

so you mean black as the main colour and bright green as secondary? I like that scheme but I don't think if it fits the warband thematically.