youtube.com/watch?v=WSM_244LREk
youtube.com/watch?v=HgWFzHRvlm8
youtube.com/watch?v=g79r90FHaAI
youtube.com/watch?v=vKBRyNNW3u0
youtube.com/watch?v=mML2fPec7xU
youtube.com/watch?v=FhJyhZsNh6A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why are you not one with the metal?

Metal's too constraining, I prefer a more freeform existance. Soul-based physiologies a best.

Jumpers, do you give yourself or your companions flaws outside of the ones given by drawbacks? Things like fears or personality quirks.
Which ones?

Got it. Anything else? I know I need a Time and Space player, but what about the others? Any must-haves or must-avoids? Do I need God Mode to win?

Because the Flesh is more welcoming, and easier to repair.

Hail Bio-punk!

I haven't even begun to touch upon the potential of the flesh. Metal can wait a bit longer.

My jumper enjoys long night time walks, time building things and the relaxing nature of the warp. Spent to long in 40k.

Of course I do. There's arrogance, carelessness, perversion, lack of drive, my Jumper used to have a fear of hights, etc. Flaws are as entertaining as they are realistic.

>Not being Nano-Organometallic master race

I am one with metal. I'm just also one with flesh. Technorganic Cyborg best.

>Not being an energy-data construct

Because I've become one with my soul.

youtube.com/watch?v=YnaSRhMB_qo

Bards are a class that's probably best to avoid if just going in with this as the first jump. They're really risky.

Take a Page only if you can afford to help them out, since they start really useless and remain so for a good long time.

Doom... might work, but won't be pleasant for whoever is unfortunate enough to have that Aspect. Rage has a high chance of insanity, so maybe not pick that either.

The other classes/aspects are mostly fine. Picking up an useful Seer or Mage will help a lot in knowing what to do.

Talk to your Denizen instead of fighting it, since you're not required to.

As for must-haves... I don't know. I wrote the jump to make everything good. I haven't even managed to finish my build because I want almost everything.

You do not need God Tier to win. It just helps.

I've got a messiah complex. Gotta save everyone I can, avoid killing people whenever I can, all that Shonen stuff. It gets me in a lot of trouble in more realistic or grimdark settings.

Jumpers, I'm about to come across multiple relatively high-powered Yandere in my chain. I don't really want them to cause too much trouble, so what are some good perks that would let me diffuse the hostilities between them and my female companions? I'm talking diplomacy perks, harem perks, or even perks that would make them lose interest in me. Sadly, I already went through Dodgeball and didn't get the perk from that, so I need some alternatives.

user don't call this a grave. Call it the future you've chosen.

Thanks for the thoughts. Guess I've got my work cut out for me if I'm interested in this. I guess I've got one last question... What Classpect would you personally go for?

I have heard people call Sekirei the harem management jump.

My jumper's prideful to the point of megalomania sometimes, lazy, easily offended, vain, possessive, and tends to switch what he's doing drastically depending depending on the jump.

...And overconfident to the point that I actually picked up a perk to be able to feel fear for legitimate threats. Because that became an actual problem.

There is a drawback in that one that has you trying to manage all the Sekirei coming after you at once. It would be a really bad thing if you don't have the Minecraft perk and Blue Feather, ten years is 120 months one feather a month is more than enough to take all of them.

tried it, the metal is strong but it is stagnant to quote someone I once knew "I do not need a wall, I will evolve armor. I do not need a weapon, I will evolve claws."
"The toolmakers might create something stronger than your armor and claws."
"Their tools stay the same. I collect. I change."

No problem, always happy to help out when my jump's brought up.

As for my own Classpect... That's one of the things I keep switching around too. But mostly I'm undecided between a Heir of either Space or Void.

Having all the Sekirei after you sounds terrible especially considering how bloodthirsty a few of them are. It's like asking for collateral damage in your general area.

That's if the event code for the rebellion is triggered user.

True but isn't it worth a "little" collateral to have such a harem?

I dunno. If you have cloning, it should be pretty easy to keep them all happy with charisma perks and just being nice to them. With all the powers and skills you can get, I'm sure you can satisfy all of them in whatever way they want, whether that be as a sparring partner, a romantic boy/girlfriend, a fellow inventor, etc. etc.

my chain is framed as a "train wreck" reality show in the vein of the Osbournes or the Anna Nicole Show, we have so God damn many qurks and flaws out the yin yang

What the hell? I swear quoted the post. anyways:

Depends on how much you like having to deal with petty fights, having to possibly pay for such collateral damage, and other things that come from having a harem of super powered women.
I'm not a supporter of cloning jumping or otherwise but that's just me.

Yeah, clones aren't you, so they're not a good solution if you want them to be your harem. That's just making male companions to pair with them, more or less.

Unless it's Wood Clones I guess.

Interesting. I was considering Page of Space before you suggested otherwise. I'm still considering Space, just not sure which. Any thoughts on the most useful Space Classes for a chain?

Ah, yes. No guarantee of it happening naturally. But if it comes up, helping him out is nice.

Not sure what exactly triggered it, since it didn't seem to have much of a role in the Jack Noir-cancer thing? As far as I remember, anyway...

Yeah I agree. It would almost seem like you don't care for them by giving them living dolls that look like you.

Have you ever helped the villains win?

I mean, sure helping the heroes might be fun some times, but what do you get from that?

If you help the heroes you might get:
>A few mortal friends, whose powers will probably weaken a few years after they defeat whatever monster they fight.
>They probably not have the resources to pay you or help you repair your gear.
>You might or not might be recognized as one, depending on the setting.
>People might or might not like you depending on your methods
>Even if you help vanquish the villain, depending on how powerful you are, people my still be afraid of you.
>Can be boring or try to limit the use of your powers. They will probably bore you to death with the 'with great power comes great irresponsibility'.
>When you come back after gaining your spark they will probably be dead or forgotten.

On the other hand, if you decide to intervine to help the villain:
>You will gain a powerful ally, probably an inmortal one. Maybe even gaining their friendship.
>They have a powerful and solid infrastructure that will help you to improve and repair your gear.
>They can make people like you, even if by force.
>You will always be seen as hero.
>They understand what powers truly is and why you shouldn't try to restrain the use of your abilities to help everyone.
>When you come back after gaining your spark they will probably be still ruling whatever place you helped them conquer/maintain, and will we be a helpful ally for your future multiversal adventures.

Hey, hiveminds are a thing. I don't see why you couldn't just have multiple bodies you could act through.

Meanwhile, in Jumper's lab...

>Unless it's Wood Clones I guess
Why did you think I made a note about them in particular?

Wait, Wood Clones are a hivemind? I thought they were just copies of you.

That was me exactly when I implanted a Union Core in my Unison Device!

Pffft...I made the rest of the freak show so why not?

I wake up every morning not asking how I'll improve myself or my Family.

I ask myself, who'll stop me?

There is a perk if you want to be a hivemind in Libriomancer. Although you're limited to 11 bodies.

Shadow Clones are just copies, Wood Clones are copies you share a hivemind with.

Because Blood and Bone are so much more useful. Pic somewhat related.
I'm likely going Page of Life because it fits my jumper decently. Meanwhile companions are going Witch of Doom, Mage of Light, Prince of Space, Bard of Time, Heir of Void, and Knight of Hope. The Witch is mostly for thematics, Desty benefits greatly from Mage, Anubis getting even more ridiculous in what he can cut is always nice, the Bard is mostly to fill the Time slot, Heir of Void goes great with Bigby's Stand (Void in general too, but especially Heir), and the Knight of Hope is mostly because I find that class combo funny.

Why are Hiveminds liked here? They always seemed horrific and disturbing to me.

>space class
>Prince
Hope you picked the Void Session drawback.

Jumpers, what plays in the background when you just go about your everyday lives?

I like being human.

Akame ga Kill by accident, too be fair Night Raid sounded like a bunch of edgy villains. boy was my face red ..... with blood

Multitasking, user.
Mo' bodies to do mo' things.

I usually just delegate to my robots, personally. I make a great manager.

What's so bad about them? It's just you acting through several puppet bodies.

youtube.com/watch?v=WY-xne33bWA

Because you're the Hivemind and control various bodies.

And that's incredible useful if you have enough multitasking perks.

That remembers me of that idea that I had of using masks to enhance people and turning them into my minions.

It worked really well.

Nah, though I do admit there will likely be some fun side effects from that, the created universe will likely be a bit odd. Probably something like Valhalla only minus the coming back. After all, it's also within the domain of a Prince of Space to bring destruction via creation. I'm more worried about the Bard of Time really.

Gourmet cells are a hell of a drug

I am just disturbed at that idea of being multiples of you. It just feel very unnatural to me.

It's not /that/ bad a choice to go Page of Space, but you're going to have a rather rough time to start with. If you grab directly useful purchases in the jump, or team members with classes that will help a lot in the early/mid game, you should be able to manage. It does mean that when you finally get going can do a big thing, through control seems to beyond them.

As for other good Space classes... personally, I like going Heir, for it's passive boosts, good power, and becoming your Aspect. But Witch gives you much more control, in return for no passive boost. Knight's good if you want to focus on combat. Mage and Seer would make the quest to create the Genesis Frog ridiculously easy, but would perhaps not be that good in the rest of the Chain.

Rogue and Thief would be very tricky, but I'm not sure exactly how they'd work. Maid and Sylph... I really don't know. They provide and heal with it, no clue if that'd be useful at all. The canon Sylph never displayed much Space-y powers, but she never went God Tier either.

Bard and Prince are probably a Bad Idea to combine with Space.

youtube.com/watch?v=WSM_244LREk
I'm a lighthearted person.

Perhaps unnatural wouldn't be a good thing to have as a reason seeing on how Jumpers travel to worlds where physics and such differ but hiveminds still don't sit well with me.

Since duplicating pods is a no-go, what if I were to fuse whoever I want to bring with a companion of mine that I don't have too much interest into? Blank the companion as much as I can, and then fuse them.

Would that be acceptable to bring non-cp purchased companions outside the Jump?

What powers do you think that a Knight of Hope would have, given how you find the combo interesting?

Remember! Thats only if you inject them! Best to take them daily!

Snorting a line and injecting that shit into your veins is the quickest way to get turn into a crazy fish person with leaves for hair.

Both of them are... problematic. Not impossible to steer right, but not exactly ideal combinations.

You're going to have to make sure to steer the Prince right, and hope the Bard goes well. Flip a coin, I guess?

Y'know, I wanted to come up with some weird and creepy eldritch jumper comeback, but it looks like everyone else has got me covered.

Um. I dunno, somethingsomething robots.
Somethingsomething cats.
Roombas?
Iunno.

youtube.com/watch?v=HgWFzHRvlm8

I'm just gonna go ahead and steal this from Sans. He sure knows how to tickle those ivories.
I realized the other day I took the "you know how to tell really terrible puns" perk from Final Fantasy 6, and that came way before Undertale in my chain, and I was so damn happy.

I think it's something about always having minions available. I dunno, I just use robots and high end cybernetics/technopathy for stuff like that.

Hey, while you're here, what exactly do Ectobiology and Alchemization let you do?

Exploiting the hopes and dreams of others. Basically being a manipulative bastard who turns your very beliefs against you while beating you down with their materialized hopes and dreams. Also gives an excuse to have a shining finger rip off for that companion.

>Bards are a class that's probably best to avoid if just going in with this as the first jump
>Doom... might work
How about Doom Bards?

>There are people that are afraid of having multiple bodies
>They probably don't have their own army of personalized Jumperbots

Yes. I still regret nothing! Taking Dread Pirate Roberts in Princess Bride, Shipmates in Muppets, and For the Evulz in Power Rangers is the best investment ever.

I'd be lying if I said I knew user.

Just take the bgm from whatever world I was dropped in. Or some sweet jazz. Or covers of aforementioned bgms. Or sweet jazz covers of aforementioned bgms.

Yeah, and don't forget about the rest of us gestalt consciousnesses either!

Wuya is one of the few villainesses I know of who actually LIKES the concept of her underling/right hand man achieving full on main villain status and forcing her into subservience. Makes her a pretty easy one to companion.

>Wuya
user you have great taste.

I sided with Law in SMT 1. I have mixed feelings about the end result.

It's my dream to exist in a form transcendent of my singular bodies limitations. A hivemind is the form that takes no matter how I go about it.

Because I'm lonely, and I want to be close to someone.

I can get every single one of those villain perks while helping the heroes.

Protip: You can get more with a kind word and empire-building perks, than just a kind word.

You're the reason Doppelgangers always feel the need to kill and take peoples places. If you could just tolerate the existence of another you, one of you wouldn't have to die!

youtube.com/watch?v=g79r90FHaAI

Anything funky, really.

Well, our true form is a hyperdimensional energy field, flames of holiness with cinders of blackest sin as fuel in an infinite kaleidoscope of unspeakable concepts coexisting in impossible yet intricately orderly patterns. All of which is only given form by the very concept of our will.

So it's not that we aren't one with the metal since using the metaphysical machinery of our soul, we can distill that energy into metal by giving form to our Grace.

But technically, we're also one with everything else.

youtube.com/watch?v=vKBRyNNW3u0

But we do tend to look like a regular dude with empty eyes of purest void so-our background music tends to be relaxing with a side order of subtle wrongness.

Can't speak for anyone else, but just the utility in having more mental processing power. You ever tried cramming all the wisdom, insight and intellect of an angel in only one brain? It's like that one scene in Scanners which for many people is all they'll ever know of that movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=mML2fPec7xU

I know.

well, yeah. we're all still folks, same as anyone. Enterprise gets a bit overprotective of us or others she cares about. Chicky has a tendency to just jump right into things without thinking. I still can't quite get how people and society works and that causes more trouble than it should. Also I stutter and have a phobia of ants.

On a related note, I took Polyglot from DC back in single-digits, because holy crap that thing's useful. Problem is that no matter what language I'm speaking, I always end up with an accent associated with rural, uneducated areas, like how a Southern accent is in American English.

So Jumpers! What quirks have come about as shall we say side-effects of your perks?

Trust me, I'm a doctor.
youtube.com/watch?v=FhJyhZsNh6A

> Not the 14 min long version of Rapper's Delight.

> No dancing midget

Best taste eldritch abomination.

The entire mystery genre no longer entertains me.
Too many detective perks.

I haven't seen Gravity Falls, is there much dangerous stuff there or would it be a good early jump?

Anyone else picture Carwyn like the Farseer from Dawn of War 2? Unlike the previous Farseers, she doesn't have boob plates. She also looks far more androgynous.

Destroy the books/bitchslap Gideon and Grunkle Stan and you should be fine.

... I don't... think so, actually?
Which is weird, because I've certainly sided with the villains a fair bit in my time. But I usually fall to the roll of flunkie as opposed to "here, I'll change the plot for you!"

Like, even when I was helping Eggman, I wasn't really helping him WIN. I was just, y'know, helping. I stood by to pull levers and cleaned up and made lunches.
I made life easier and a little nicer, but I left victory up to the one in charge, who was not me.

In the end, I was following him not to help him win, but just because I wanted to be near him.

I have a bunch of those "you're so awesome at cooking, you can make boiled water taste good" perks. Like, as in, perks that specifically say things like that, with no other major upgrades to culinary expertise.
As a result my cooking tends to consist of sandwiches and broths, or things I charred in like a minute, and yet people still praise me for it.
I am the total antithesis to Antispiral-kun when it comes to cooking, I swear to god.
Eggdrop soup is tasty as hell.

I also realized about a month or so back that, because perks would realistically follow you between altforms, between Okami's Foxy Babe (Bakeneko) and BlazBlue's Beastkin, my default form is cat.
Like, all the time.
So, it's a pretty good thing I can shapeshift.

Seeing as it’s come up, what are the best options for the “One mind, many bodies” style of hivemind?

It's a good headcanon, but I always imagined him/her to be blonde.

hey /jc/, I want to blow up the world but I don't want to kill anyone or for there to be any lasting consequences after the fact, is there anything that can help me with this?

Science perks and being a robot. Create a distributed neural network and spread it between all your drones, and you're now the borg.

Space travel and uninhabited worlds.
You never said which world.

It's not that bad. Some oddball shenanigans running around, but nothing you can't ignore as a townie.

Though on the last week of summer you're gonna wanna go out of town for the entirety of that week. Just go to the next town over, rent a hotel room, and stay there for the next seven days.
When you come back, everything's gonna look kinda fucked up, like there was some ridiculous bender of a party going on and you weren't invited, and you're gonna want to know what happened, but no. Just remember:

Nevermind all that.

And if anyone asks, you were out of town.

get a reality marble from Tsukihime or by going servant in one of the fate jumps and knockout from mount and blade now you can destroy the world of your reality marble and you won't kill anyone you don't want to

Because I had a good teacher.

>dancing midget

Oof, that was...way before our eldritch abomination days actually. But as they say, the past is another country.

Well, let's see-apart from ? We also helped the Titans overthrow the Olympians in Percy Jackson, Age of Mythology and God of War in order to bring an end to Olympian decadence. We did some mercenary work for Kane and the Brotherhood of Nod too, if that counts. In all cases we feel we've developed both strong allies and met people whose causes we can sym

...oh wait, VILLAINS! Right!

Well, during Xiaolin Showdown we actually encouraged Jack to go finish business school in order to acquire power through perfectly legitimate channels after showing him the real cost of succeeding as a career criminal. Incidentally freeing up a power vacuum for to take over as the major Heylin powerhouse.

The definition of "win" is kinda subjective, though. With both Kiara and Lilith we ended up convincing them not to go with their original plans out of enlightened self interest. In Glory's case she didn't really have that many plans after we helped her rehabillitate and take vengeance, so she ended up becoming a sort of pseudo-benefactor to our own plans to usurp the Senior Partners and abort Twilight. Esdeath tried to thoroughly beat us up a lot before the punch therapy started kicking in and she got an epiphany about why her dad raised her the way he did.

We're not even sure if Morathi counts as villain after hanging around her too much given we...used our leverage as her, uh, confidante to spearhead the unification of the Elven peoples against Chaos and made her aware of being Hekarti's reincarnation. And the Empire of the Rising Sun was a bunch of assholes anyway, so Yuriko definitely wasn't really a villain.

What am I avoiding?