Shinobi Quest #3

Shinobi Quest #3

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

pastebin.com/WiPdCqLH

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinobi Quest

Last thread, our character Tsuki Norihime attempted some teambuilding with the other members of her newly-christened Team 7, stocked up on weapons and put in a custom order. From there, she made her way home, and spent some quality time with both her father and her “butler” and instructor, Danzo.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mjjkHg5FOhk
youtube.com/watch?v=1Y80fwiSLV0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You wake from a dark, dreamless sleep. Your alarm chimes faintly in the distance- you peer outside your window, without rising from your large bed.

Still Dark. The morning twilight will be coming soon, with sunrise shortly after. You’re still a bit groggy, but not so much so that it impairs your judgement. Today is the day. Training.

You rise, slowly, shifting your thick blankets to one side. The equipment you bought yesterday is sitting on your desk, ready to be equipped for the day’s activities, with a rather plain genin uniform hanging nearby. You know from experience that many shinobi choose to dress outside of uniform, in their own signature style. Others choose to mainly stay uniform. There weren’t as many strict regulations on dress as you would’ve thought. However…

The reflection of your leaf headband catches your eye. This is what unites them all, and the only mandatory part of the uniform. This one was yours, and yours alone. You grin, filled with what Danzo would call “youthful energy”.

In a scramble, you begin to ready yourself, stretching, prepping your equipment and dressing yourself. You probably won’t have time for a full breakfast, but you’re sure Maru left something out for you. Grabbing the head protector, you tie it around the back on your head, under your hair, wearing it as a headband. Turning, you evaluate yourself in the mirror.

“A little drab, dull, drearily plain…”

The complaint comes from your mouth before you can catch it- oh well. Customizing your look can wait, you guess.

Giving yourself the final once over, and satisfied, you look outside. The sky was beginning to turn orange- dawn was near. Do you…?

1. Skip breakfast. You ate so much last night you could hardly eat a bite, anyway.

2. Stop by the kitchen to see if Maru left anything. You may not be hungry now, but it would be silly to not have a snack on hand.

>Write-In

>2. Stop by the kitchen to see if Maru left anything. You may not be hungry now, but it would be silly to not have a snack on hand.

a muffin worthy of the heiress of the Norihime clan!

>2. Stop by the kitchen to see if Maru left anything. You may not be hungry now, but it would be silly to not have a snack on hand.

SNACKS FOR THE SNACK GODDESS! MUFFINS FOR THE MUFFIN THRONE!

Anyways, anyone else hyped as fuck for the LNQ thread tonight?

What side are you on user? Kurotsuchi or Tenten?

>2
AND HE KEEPS ON SPINNING AND HE KEEPS ON SPINNING!

Neither.

FRIENDZONE THE WENCHES!

Muffins for the muffin throne.

Writing.

Who else is hoping that in this reality Danzo is just a badass old man and Ebisu or whatever the fuck our sensei's name is, is actually cool? Because I am.

Plz no Danzo, no root today

There is literally nothing wrong with Ebisu

You have time, right? Besides, who knows what kind of intense training you might go through today? Best to have a snack on hand. You exit your room, and take in your surroundings. Father’s door is shut- you’d be willing to wager he isn’t even in there. More often than not the man falls asleep in his chair whilst working- you honestly don’t remember the last time he actually slept in his bedroom. This strikes you as a bit odd now that you’re actively thinking about it, but you really don’t have the time to stand around and ponder your father’s sleeping habits.

Walking out of the hallway at a steady pace, you enter the main foyer. Hopping down the central staircase, you can hear noise coming from the kitchen. Surely Maru isn’t still awake?!

You creep up to the entrance of the kitchen, and peer inside. You are shocked with what you see inside- a veritable breakfast feast! Sure she doesn’t mean to feed you all of this! It does look good though…

You see a particularly scrumptious looking muffin, set to the side of the spread.
“Yes, this will do nicely. Is it blueberry, I wonder?....” you say under your breath. Maru’s confections were top notch- you simply needed to swipe it before the woman spots you.

Your first test.

Roll 1d100 to swipe the muffin!

First three.

Rolled 80 (1d100)

this shall be an omen

Rolled 53 (1d100)

Well, I'd prefer a choice to just walk up and ask for it, but this is okay I guess

You still planning to run back to back tonight, Wargle?

Rolled 72 (1d100)

Go

Rolled 95 (1d100)

I AM THE MUFFIN MAN!

Tsuki knows if she's caught, there is no escape. Maru is a terror beyond comprehension.

Yup, running now, tomorrow and Tuesday, as of right now. Monday thread will be later due to job obligations, though.

You're late muffin man

Great Muffin Heist is a success!
DC:65

Writing.

Rolled 5 (1d100)

also no net armor for you, atlest not untill after timeskip, if we get there.
otherwisse i'm open for requests, though i won't have much time, before next thread

Time skip Tsuki better have bigger drills

And MILF Tsuki better have even BIGGER drills.

youtube.com/watch?v=mjjkHg5FOhk

You remember your training. You peer around the corner, noting Maru’s position relative to both you and the muffin.

As she turns and walks towards one of the cabinets, you make your move. Quickly now!

You take off, making a quick roll, and then stopping just short of the end of the table.

She hums a small tune as she cooks- meaning she hasn’t heard you. Good. Patiently you wait a few more minutes, making as little noise as possible, until she turns away a second time.

You strike!

It’s yours! With the soft blueberry deliciousness in your possession, you make to flee. She can’t possibly catch you now!

As you run out the kitchen door, out to the foyer, and then out to the front lawn, you hear Maru shriek. “Tsuki-dono! You must wait! A young heiress such as yourself mustn't practice on an empty stomach! Whatever will your father think?”

That, you aren’t sure of. You don’t think anyone really knows what the old man is thinking.
“Thank you Maru! I think this will be plenty!” you shout as you take off down the path towards the village.

You’ll probably hear it later- but it’s saved you precious time. Even if Maru didn’t stuff you full of food, she'd talk your ear off for more time than you have.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You’ve kept a brisk pace, nothing too strenuous. You’ve reached the town center, and with some time to spare, no less. With Maru’s muffin stowed in your pack, you aren’t worried about food for the time being, either. Should you head straight to the memorial? Or is there something else you wanted to do?

1. Head straight to the memorial. Best not to waste time.
2. There is somewhere I wanted to go…. (Where?)

heh.. drills

>1. Head straight to the memorial. Best not to waste time.
We don't waste time.

To the memorial. I can't really think of anything else to do.

Unless someone has a better idea

Destiny awaits! And the Norihime clan is nothing if not punctual

Ebisu will probably berate us for being late even if we get there early, anyway.

>Head straight to the memorial. Best not to waste time.
while it might not be a bad thing to be fashionably late for some parties this is probably not a case where you want to show up late.

Early shinobi gets the muffin. Writing.

>1. Head straight to the memorial. Best not to waste time

>a 2nd muffin in the shadow of the first!

If you want an idea of 'ponytail drills' check out: youtube.com/watch?v=1Y80fwiSLV0

Timestamp 4:30

You head straight for the memorial. You slow down a bit too- no need to tire yourself out before training starts.

You walk down the tree lined path, into the park where the ninja memorial rests. Erected to honor those fallen in service to the village, it’s commonplace to leave flowers or other tokens in front the shrine to pay respect to the fallen. You’ve been around it before, of course, but until now you’ve never bothered to look over it. You make a mental note to give it a once over, to see if there are any names you recognize.

As you arrive at the monument, you take a look around- you don’t see anyone, quite yet. To be fair, you are a little early.

Your team and your sensei will most likely be here soon. How do you wish to pass the time?

1. Your sensei is probably already here- try to find him.
2. Simply take a moment to say a prayer to the departed.
3. Read the monument, looking for anything interesting.
4. Wait, and do nothing.

>2. Simply take a moment to say a prayer to the departed.

say hi to mom?

Then
>5. Assume everything is a genjutsu. Try to break out of it.

>2. Simply take a moment to say a prayer to the departed

Pressing F to pay respects.

Writing.

>3. Read the monument, look for our moms name
then
>1. Your sensei is probably already here- try to find him.

>3. Read the monument, looking for anything interesting.
wonder if your mom is on there?

>3. Read the monument, looking for anything interesting.

You decide to take a moment to honor the departed. These shinobi gave their lives so that you may be here today- a sentiment Danzo echos from time to time.

“Everything, for the village.”

You send a prayer towards your mother as well. While she didn’t die in service to the village, you figure it would be rude not to include her. You hope that she will watch over you in the days ahead.

“Taking this moment to pay respects to your departed forebears, Tsuki-dono? Early, as well. Very good. Two lessons I won’t need to teach.” a evaluating voice says, from out of view.

You look up. A man stands nearby the monument- strange you didn’t see him before. Wearing a dark shirt and pants, with his forehead protector in a bandanna style, is a somewhat unremarkable man. Ebisu-sensei.

He pushes his dark sunglasses up slightly, then continues. “I’ll go over it more when your comrades arrive, but it is paramount that we honor those who came before. Most of us, myself included, owe our lives to them.”

He pauses for a moment, then looks up towards the rising sun. “You are familiar with Guy-sensei, I’m sure. We were on the same team, when we were young. His father sacrificed himself to save us from a foe we were not prepared to face. It’s not something either of us have forgotten. You’d never know it, talking to Guy, though.”

You hear footfalls down the path. Standing, you turn to see Hinata approaching, looking somewhat unsure of herself. Nori is nowhere in sight, although you figure she has a few more moments to arrive. What do you do?

1. Greet Hinata. She doesn’t seem quite as forward, without Nori here.
2. Respond to Ebisu-sensei. You hadn’t known about the story he just told.
3. Look for Nori. Where is that girl?

>Look for Nori. Where is that girl?

If we can't keep her in sight, we can't keep track of her pranks and such. Not good.

>2. Respond to Ebisu-sensei. You hadn’t known about the story he just told.
Then
>1. Greet Hinata. She doesn’t seem quite as forward, without Nori here.

Speak of muffins! Has she sworn fealty to House Blueberry? Or is she with those rogues at Banana Nut?

>his forehead protector in a bandanna style
you mean like it's supposed to be worn?

bet that danm mongrel is sleeping in

Then

is this a story that you believe the whole team should hear then sensei?

>3. Look for Nori. Where is that girl?
she'd better not be late.

2. Respond to Ebisu-sensei. You hadn’t known about the story he just told.
then

>3. Look for Nori. Where is that girl?
It's not like we care, but we have to strt training in time ... baka

He'll probably repeat the story.

Also, glad to have read the archives first before joining this.

Got interested when I read the name Danzo in this thread. This is a much better quest than I thought it'd be when I saw it around the Catalog.

1 & 2, peppered with a bit of 3.

Writing.

>he doesn’t seem quite as forward, without Nori here.
hinata confirmed for yuri with nori

I think that just means she isn't confident without other people.

We're here and she knows us.

She walked here alone, she probably hasn't seen us yet.

Yes but she doesn't knows us that much. Hinata just knows about our family. Let's build up that friendship first anyways.

a hyuuga not seeing seeing things is funny to me

“Morning, Hinata!” you say to the slightly lost looking Hyuuga. “Seen Nori anywhere?”

Hinata smiles back at you, though her expression flattens out a bit after a moment. “Morning to you too, Tsuki. Unfortunately no, I haven’t seen her. I can’t imagine she’d be late to the first day of training, but….”

You turn to Ebisu-sensei, realizing that he stopped telling his story. “Hinata, this is Ebisu-sensei. He was just telling me a bit about his past.”

“H-hello, Sensei. I’m sorry that I couldn’t bring Nori along with me….” she stammers, obivously growing worried about her friend’s tardiness.

“Nonsense, Hinata-dono,” Ebisu says warmly, though you cannot see his eyes behind those glasses he wears. “The honorable daughter of the Hokage is not your responsibility. After today however, she is mine.”

Was that… disappointment, in his voice?

“As it stands, I’ll finish my tale when she arrives. It’s something all of you should hear.”

You….

1. Take this moment to bemoan Nori. Mongrel should’ve been here earlier, she’s standing between you and and training!
2. Say nothing. Sensei likely knows of Nori’s temperament.

>2. Say nothing. Sensei likely knows of Nori’s temperament.

save venom for when she actually shows up

be a good team mate

We're too good to complain about frivolous things.

Can't wait until someone beats humility into our ass

use the tim productivly, thinkig on how exactly to chew her out

>Say nothing. Sensei likely knows of Nori’s temperament.

That, or we get into a situation where we get angry enough that we drop all class and nobility and just start brawling with someone.

Gather all of earths snark chakra for an ultimate cunty remark.

Not badmouthing Nori.

For now.

Writing.

kinky

we are a lady, we never bad mouth anyone, we just point out there flaws and how can someone such as Nori ever better herself if she never hears about the many flaws she has?

exactly. We must strive to be above such pettiness.

You opt to take this time to reflect on Nori’s positive qualities.

After a few moments, it occurs to you she has none. Besides maybe her energy. Though even that seems to have failed her now. You suppose her brother got all the good genes from the Fourth, and she was what was left. A shame.

You wait a few more moments…. And then a few more.

You can see Ebisu-sensei tapping his finger on his arm- he’s growing impatient.

Finally, after an eternity, you see a mop of yellow hair emerge from the far end of the path. The girl barely looks awake.

Finally, she plods over to the three of you, and sits down.

“Yo.” She says, raising one hand.

“Finally crawled out of your brother’s shadow long enough to join us this morning, Uzumaki?” you say with barely restrained venom.

Hinata just looks downward, avoid anyone’s gaze.

“Now, now, Tsuki-dono. I’m sure the Fourth’s daughter has a good reason why she’s late to her first training session this morning.” Ebisu says, grinning with clenched teeth.

“Huh?” she looks up at him. “Name’s Nori, sensei. Keep calling me that, and I’ll tell everyone about your bath-peeping habits. And no, I just overslept. Life happens, you know?”

Ebisu stands there, slack-jawed. Nobody seems to know what to say.

“Mhmm- right.” Ebisu clears his throat, and addresses the three of you.

“Academy Graduates! I’ve brought the three of you together so that, along with myself, we can form a strong bond. A bond that will strengthen you, and serve you well in the days to come!”

He seems to have rehearsed this. More than once.

“Now, please introduce yourselves! And very quickly say why you wish to become Shinobi of the Leaf!”

Well, the cool facade he put forward earlier has cracked just a bit. Oh well. You…

1. Go along with his wishes, and introduce yourself.
2. Gently explain that you all know each other already, and that we can move past this
3. Let someone else go first. You’re curious as what the others have to say.

>1. Go along with his wishes, and introduce yourself.

eh might as well, he should know what he's doing

>Go along with his wishes, and introduce yourself.

We should be first after all.

I guess its more for his sake

Remind ourselves to try and hold our tongue. It is unbecoming (even if everything we think about Nori is undoubtedly true)

And it's because of faggots like you that qst was made in the first place, cause you're too autistic to filter or ignore them. God forbid quest threads bump off 'elf slave wat do' threads.

"We all know each other, but if you insist" then move on to introduction

Just report and ignore. No need to respond. I can't wait to see their faces if /qst/ is removed.

You're right, sorry.

Sticking with the plan.

Writing.

No problem my man.

>Hinata's dream for the future is to fuck her friend's brother

You look towards your sensei sympathetically, and decide to follow his lead.

“I…” you pause a bit, to keep them waiting. “ am Tsuki Norihime, heiress to the Norihime fortune and prestige. Ohohoho!~”

After letting the dramatic moment pass, you crack open and follow with “My friends call me Tsuki-hime. You two can as well, if you’d like. Either way, I chose to become a shinobi like my mother, so I could protect this village, and my family.” You think of your Father, of Maru, of Danzo. These people were your family.

Hinata smiles at you. “That’s a good reason, Tsuki-hime. Your reason is a bit more selfless than mine. As heir to the Hyuuga clan, it is my duty to become a strong shinobi, to lead my clan. O-oh, and to protect the village, too.” she reports, just a little bit more sure of herself than earlier.

“You were supposed to say your name, Hinata.” Nori says passively, lying down on the grass. “Guess it’s my turn then. Nori Uzumaki. My father’s the Hokage. Didn’t have a choice.” she groans, then sits up. “Although, I would like to get stronger. Dad has all those cool stories from the war. Would be cool to be that tough.”

You sincere doubt Minato Uzumaki framed his stories that way, but you let it slide.

“Very good, you three.” Ebisu says, willfully ignoring the less desirable things Nori had said. “I know you three knew each other in the Academy, so thank you for humoring your sensei.”

“Now.” his tone becomes more serious, like before. “I asked you three to meet me here so that you can understand what it means to become a shinobi.” He gestures to the monument, then continues. “As I was telling Tsuki here before, many shinobi have given their lives so that the four of us may stand here today. Our world is a cruel one, and only through trusting one another and building strong bonds may we continue to protect the future of our village.”

“And, we’re gonna stronger too, right sensei?” Nori interrupts, clearly bored of Ebisu’s sentimental speech.

“Yes, Nori. All of you were entrusted to me because, while you excel in many aspects, each of you has a particular weakness that must be strengthened. This is not a bad thing, as I am one of the most respected teachers in Konoha. I will be happy to teach our village’s next generation of leaders.

There it is. Like you suspected, the three of you were passed along as glorified babysitting duty.

“Now, before we move on to the test I have planned for the three of you, do you have any questions?”

You…

1. Want to ask him in more detail about what he mentioned earlier, about him and Guy-sensei.
2. Want to know more about him in general
3. Want to know something else. (What?)
4. Don’t have any questions.