Several clades of spiders whose females evolved giant sizes are known for extreme sexual behaviors such as sexual...

>Several clades of spiders whose females evolved giant sizes are known for extreme sexual behaviors such as sexual cannibalism, opportunistic mating, mate-binding, genital mutilation, plugging, and emasculation. However, these behaviors have only been tested in a handful of size dimorphic spiders. Here, we bring another lineage into the picture by reporting on sexual behavior of Darwin’s bark spider, Caerostris darwini. This sexually size dimorphic Madagascan species is known for extreme web gigantism and for producing the world’s toughest biomaterial. Our field and laboratory study uncovers a rich sexual repertoire that predictably involves cannibalism, genital mutilation, male preference for teneral females, and emasculation. Surprisingly, C. darwini males engage in oral sexual encounters, rarely reported outside mammals. Irrespective of female’s age or mating status males salivate onto female genitalia pre-, during, and post-copulation. While its adaptive significance is elusive, oral sexual contact in spiders may signal male quality or reduce sperm competition.

nature.com/articles/srep25128

I think I'm starting to understand why Drow philosophers are so feared. Modeling every aspect of your life on that of the spider can lead to some shocking extremes.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonexaminer.com/more-evidence-the-gender-wage-gap-is-due-to-choice-not-discrimination/article/2557200
pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/04/14/on-equal-pay-day-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-gender-pay-gap/
freakonomics.com/podcast/the-true-story-of-the-gender-pay-gap-a-new-freakonomics-radio-podcast/
youtu.be/ubNqUyf0op0
youtu.be/h67JpMyrOVE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>plugging
?

Pretty much what real life would be like if femnazis got their way

It is the term for when the female rips the males genitals off, and jams them into her genitals, allowing her to extract the seed on the go!

Drow have a crazed goddess keeping everything in check. Without Lolth, and chad-zak, the Drow race is doomed to tear itself apart.

And the femnazis have anita sarkeesian and laci green, whats your point?

So far I see little difference

Whelp. That's enough learning for me today.

There's no crazy goddess keeping femnazi's in check. Femnazis don't want men either -- Drow at least keep them around, even if they are second class.

My point being is you dont have to be a god/goddess to keep a bunch of crazy fucks in line. Sarkeesian does that perfectly well while taking money from her brain dead fans. As far as men, there are femnazis who claim that we should reduce the population of men down to 1 million and use them for reproduction perposes only.

Good thing they're even more fantastical and unreal than the drow.

Unfortunately, they have the side effect of inspiring creating edgy hatespewers in real life. But you can't exactly blame an imaginary caricature for the actions of the hatemongers who imagine them.

Very subtle bait, excellently crafted.
10/10

go back to please

Sounds about right for drow.

>sexual cannibalism, opportunistic mating, mate-binding, genital mutilation, plugging, and emasculation
Around here we call that "Tuesday"

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

Isn't nature beautiful.

>femnazis
You do realise you are talking about a handful of people scattered across the globe here.
Or are you one of those stupid peole that think femnazi is 'any feminist I don't like'?

HAHAHAHAHA

goddamn i havent laughed that hard in a long time thank you user

Llolth keeps them in check by magically ensuring they don't go extinct in various ways.

The two retards you mention would, in any position of power, fuel their collapse for the sake of patreon, attention or ad revenue

Are seahorse males the only men who aren't treated like shit by their women or something? Fucking hell.

Yet these handful of "extremists" are extremely famous, decorated by mainstream media like Time Magazine, invited to speak at the UN and directly responsible for a lot of legislation. They're a "handful" of people, but remember that the Nazi party was only a "handful" of Germans and the Communist party only a "handful" of Russians. Numbers don't matter, what matters is how influential this small number is and whether the majority condones them. In these contexts, silently doing nothing is akin to approval

There are some. Parrots and some other birds mate for life and raise the chicks together, and penguins take turns incubating the egg. There's also plenty of animals where the male just knocks up the female and fucks off, leaving her to raise the kids.

It's mostly bugs and deep sea fish where the male is screwed in comparison to the female (being far mofe short lived, and in the case many spiders and mantises likely to get eaten). Although in many insects the female also dies shortly after mating, and many baby spiders eat their mother.

Religions with no orthodoxy breed extremists of convenience.

There's a lot of people calling themselves unicorns out there, in that case.

I much preferred drow before they were retconned into lulz-evil psychopaths. But I guess Drizzt books don't sell as well if the drow are somewhat reasonable and just treat men the way we treated women in the late-1800s/early-1900s

Now I want to include even more spider like drows in my next game. I have 2 players with femdom fetish and a hard on for drows. Can't wait until they hear about plugging friday, and 'eat-their-dicks-sliced-in-a-salad' wednesday.

Man, taking something fetishy and making it horrifying has a great deal of satisfaction.

That probably just ends up moving it from one magical realm to another. Pretty sure extreme femdom guro vore drow are somebody's fetish.

>pol hijack lol!
Plz go.

>Anything that criticizes my cunt cult is /pol/
Clearly you forgot how to normal

The people who are called "extremists" by the screamists aren't even a consistent level of "extreme". They're mostly anyone who dares to criticize the screamists' sacred cows or acknowledge inconvenient facts like the fact that media influences people. The screamists go on screaming about how evil and stupid and subhuman their victims are, but all that really defines them is that they questioned the wrong thing in an unapproved way because "free speech"... or wrote something with too many minorities in it.

When people complain about "feminazis", this is what they're comparing to the deaths of millions of people.

Have you tried not being a little bitch?

With a global population of several billions there's rarely just a handful of anything.

Look at him, trying to summon some kind of feeling of masculinity by ways of claiming others are bitches for not agreeing with him.

Feminists always bitch about inconsequential issues that are either overblown or nonexistent.

Take the recent issue with the female Ghostbusters trailer. There are people, right this second, blasting the AVGN because he decided that he didn't like the movie based on the terrible trailer that they shoved out for it.

In a world where woman can be doused in acid, disowned by their family, and eventually murdered in cold blood just for refusing to marry someone that they didn't love, it's pretty fucking sad that the most hot button issue that third wave feminists are pissing themselves over are the opinions of men whose worst crime was to say "I disagree."

No, really, consensual, loving relationships are remarkably common in nature, Seahorses are just gifted with insanely adorable little perfect relationships.

The vast majority of animals are not intelligent enough to give informed consent. Therefore the vast majority of sex is mutual statutory rape.

And he's not even disagreeing on any legal or ethical issue, only on the artistic merits of a Hollywood movie with women in it.

>people are starving in Africa, nobody else has the right to complain unless they too are starving
>feminists don't complain about honour killings
Not to mention you retards bitch every bit as much about muh feminazis.

>lestarvingAfricansmeme

Sorry kid, no one is responsible for solving all the problems in the world before they can address what they can actually change.

But hey, unreasonable standards are a great way to look like an idiot right?

>eventually murdered in cold blood just for refusing to marry someone that they didn't love

But that's a good thing, especially since they wouldn't be able to provide for a family otherwise.

>mutual statutory rape.

Is it statutory? I mean we don't really set age of consent laws for animals and I don't think they set any for themselves.

In other words, when people compare their victims to the Nazis, they aren't talking about the deaths of millions of people, they're talking about them complaining about things that they're not supposed to acknowledge.

Apparently, the reason they shouldn't acknowledge these things isn't because they're politically inconvenient, but because they aren't the world's worst problem, and that means they "practically" don't exist even though they do.

And yet, the people who say this aren't trying to solve the world's worst problem themselves. Instead, they're complaining about feminism.

It is in the sense that it's having sex with someone incapable of understanding the issue at hand and therefore giving meaningful consent. There aren't literal statutes about it, but if you believe that there are ethical universals, and if one of them is that it's wrong to have sex with someone who can't give informed consent, then the conclusion is obvious.

i think your confusing actual feminist issues with those that just happen to be females complaining about a 1st World Problem on the Internets

If your platform is to provide equality against the societal problems of woman than it stands to reason that you'd work to try and focus your attention on the issues that impact woman the most.

But no, men going "I disagree" on social media or a picture depicting an attractive, yet fictional, woman in a bikini or violently defending a piece of media because it's supposedly made by an all female cast and "GURRL POWERZ" and all that shit is a much better way to spend your time and a much better outlet to direct your millions of twitter followers upon rather than real places with real women who are suffering actual injustices beyond not being able to fit into a pair of size 0 jeans.

You can shit yourselves in impotent rage and disagree with me all you want but once you've gained self-awareness and looked at this mess from an unbiased viewpoint, you're just making the entire movement look like a joke where the only ones not getting the punchline are the ones angrily drawing attention to it, not dissimilar to what the BLM movement is doing for civil rights or people against police brutality.

>You can shit yourselves in impotent rage
>smugtrollface.jpg

I ain't even mad bro, but keep projecting, maybe it'll make you feel better.

>wins vs. Feminazis: 1
>hurr hurr

>You evil mindless subhumans are only mad that I DISAGREE WITH YOU! Because that's literally all I'm doing, not posting page after page of hate speech for hours at a time!
>Also, the fact that you acknowledge inconvenient things like media influence is the World's Worst Problem! Because they're not true even though they are, and that means that acknowledging them makes you an evil mindless subhuman!
I'm not sure you know what disagreeing is.

Sure mate, you care so little that you had to reply just to say how little you care.

I'm sure you're not lying or trying to save face.

>If your platform is to provide equality against the societal problems of woman than it stands to reason that you'd work to try and focus your attention on the issues that impact woman the most.

Alternatively: You can try to deal with solvable problems. The vast majority of people have no real ability to influence those major issues beyond lending their voice when it is public debate.

Lots of thirsty whiteknights in this thread

Well then, if your platform is that people shouldn't bitch about "first world problems" then I don't see what you're doing here bitching about this minor problem instead of giving all your savings to charities to feed starving Africans.

Is there even a debate? Pretty much anyone would agree that the World's Worst Problems are bad things. Saying that bad things are bad is ostensibly uncontroversial, but likely to get them attacked by people who'd attack them anyway, because they're acting like their "obvious" ideas are revolutionary and make them special, or some other weird anti-feminist rhetoric like that.

>it's wrong to have sex with someone who can't give informed consent
oh yeah? you try having sex with a cougar without its consent then

There is a thing called statutory rape(if you are so retarded that you cant give consent), and then there is the classic rape(sexual assault perpetrated against a person without that person's consent).

There's a difference between consent and informed consent. There are some creatures (children, animals, and the retarded) who can agree to have sex in the literal sense but who are not mentally capable of understanding the issues involved in that decision. Having that kind of sex is still rape. If you don't agree, go join NAMBLA or something.

Here I was thinking this would be a decent wholesome thread about Drow BDSM

Someone's fetish...I dont think it is those guys fetish though. I know for sure GURO isn't since one of them is like, super squeamish with blood.

The concept of statutory rape is actually a very modern concept.

The concept that children and animals are not for sexual is fairly old. And even if it weren't, so what?

>If your platform is to provide equality against the societal problems of woman than it stands to reason that you'd work to try and focus your attention on the issues that impact woman the most.

What's wrong with prioritizing the issues that affect the people in your community over those, say, somewhere a million miles away?

Also, what about
?

And the issue of an angry father and his extended male family members and friends tracking you down and beating you like a rented mule or castrating you for taking advantage of the lovely, underaged daughter isn't.

You have hurt a family member and potentially messed up the viability of certain social and economic expectations they had been nursing for sometime, certain arrangements.

Hence, you will be lucky to be walking away from it.

A certain number of Spanish Conquistadors left Spain in some hurry because of the extreme displeasure of male family members, initially through open windows, then presumably, a fast horse, then a hasty passage to seek their fortune on a ship bound for the New World.

And so on and so forth, really.

Variations on that theme or scenario are a key source of human drama and conflict throughout time. Young men have risked getting their asses kicked or shot full of holes over pretty young women for longer than we have been telling stories about it, for sure.

(A perennial one in North America is about the ghosts of lovers who drowned seeking each other on a haunted lake, etc.)

Because prioritizing in that way kind of outs the lie of "all women, one voice" that we enjoy dipping into so much.

sounds more like a case of "not with my daughter" then an actual condemnation of the practice

or "the dukes son has taken my daughters maidenhead, but i got a cow, so its all cool now"

If the civil rights movement and woman suffrage focused on just "solvable problems" then black people and woman would still have no rights and wouldn't be able to vote.

>opportunistic mating
Is this just rape?

>The vast majority of people have no real ability to influence those major issues beyond lending their voice when it is public debate.

This reminds me of a funny joke.

"How many feminists does it take to change a light bulb?"

"I dunno?"

"None, because feminists can't change anything."

Because this entire argument is off topic and has no place anywhere on this board.

This is it. This is where Veeky Forums died.

You guys have unironically become SJWs defending feminists.

You have become Tumblr.

Well, I'm not about to dispute that.

Most mammals go the opposite direction and treat their women like shit. Bears murder cubs just to put females back in heat, dolphins corral and take turns raping females, etc.

Sexual equality is for the weak.

user, in the real world, the feminists who stand and speak often have a point.
In your internet world, everyone, including you, is a caricature. Step away from your computer and out of your safe zone. The world is a big place, but you will be better for it.

Also, canines do it without the genital ripping part. Makes life pretty inconvenient for both participants though

>the feminists who stand and speak often have a point.

Literally no they don't. Women are, legally, entirely equal and in many cases given more rights than men in the 1st World. In the 3rd World, everyone is shit and whatnot, but no amount of clamoring for "safe spaces" and "intersectionality" is going to fucking stop rape or genital mutilation in a shithole part of Africa.

Women are not oppressed. You don't need safe spaces to protect you from opinions you don't like. Offense is not given, it's only taken. There is no gender pay gap. Black lives actually don't matter more than anyone else's.

It's time to grow out of your college activism phase and remove the pink dye from your hair.

>women aren't paid less than men despite numbers proving it
>there isn't a concerted effort to ban abortion and birth control denying women agency over their own bodies
>women have more rights than men

go back to /pol/ or wherever you came from little shill

I recall reading somewhere that the wage gap was primarily caused by by women on average preferring to work less hours than men, not by any discriminatory practices.
Give me a few minutes, I'll see if I can track down the reference.

>despite numbers proving it
You mean gross aggregates counting all women across all careers against all men across all careers, without pointing out that they're including the fact that women as an aggregate take maternity leave, work less hours than men overall, and seek less promotions than men? Oh yeah, real factual analysis there, buddy.

>there isn't a concerted effort to ban abortion and birth control denying women agency over their own bodies
Because it's a fucking political issue. Also, where's the outrage over the fact that women can opt in or out of a pregnancy, and thus choose whether or not a child is born, but the father of that child has no say at all, and if it's born against his wishes, he is forced to pay for it? Oh wait, there isn't any.

They don't have to sign up for selective service, they get less strict sentences than men for the same crime, they're often not even punished at all for things like statutory rape of minors, they get off without punishment for ruining lives with false rape allegations, they get more homeless aid and shelters built specifically for them, they get given jobs they are not qualified for due to quotas, they will never be forced to pay alimony after a divorce but men will have to pay for their lifestyle, etc.

Do I need to go on? I can if you want.

Don't forget
>Offense is not given, it is only taken

The reason that people like that tend to portray their angry ridicule as "opinions that you don't like" is because they know they're in the wrong and deal with it by willfully ignoring their actions. That's why the majority of their arguments are based on claiming we should ignore things.

Being offended is a choice. You are choosing to be offended.

That's no one's fault but your own. Claiming something offends you is called whining, and demanding something stop because it offends you is called censoring.

It's time to grow up. Words can't hurt you, user.

>Because it's a fucking political issue.
>womens rights are a political issue

yes and?

It's a political issue, so there needs to be political movement to fix it and surprise surprise there is.

>the father of that child has no say at all
>other people should have a say in what happens to your body

you don't mind if I borrow your kidney for a while then?

>MRA talking points

cry moar

So wait...a man should have no say in whether or not HE IS FORCED TO BE A FATHER and thus FINANCIALLY SUPPORT A CHILD HE DIDN'T WANT, simply because a woman decided she's going to keep the baby because it's her body, not his?

And you're going to claim this immediately after claiming women don't have more rights than men?

>Being offended is a choice.
That's a lie.

It's no surprise that your philosophy of self-entitlement is based on a lie, since it consists almost entirely of lies.

>It's time to grow up. Words can't hurt you, user.
They hurt you pretty much all the time.

>>women aren't paid less than men despite numbers proving it
Is there really though? Last I checked the numbers lumped everyone from all careers together and found men occupy high paying jobs more, not that they're paid more for the same job.

Yeah, here we go:
washingtonexaminer.com/more-evidence-the-gender-wage-gap-is-due-to-choice-not-discrimination/article/2557200
pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/04/14/on-equal-pay-day-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-gender-pay-gap/
freakonomics.com/podcast/the-true-story-of-the-gender-pay-gap-a-new-freakonomics-radio-podcast/

>That's a lie

of·fend·ed
əˈfendid/
adjective
adjective: offended

resentful or annoyed, typically as a result of a perceived insult.

Yes, "offended" is in the dictionary.

So if your contention is that being offended is not something you choose to do, what is it?

Nothing I do inherently offends. If I shout "cunt" with no one around to hear it, or I say it in front of my friends, no one is offended, because no one TAKES offense.

Please explain to me how things can be inherently offensive.

youre getting fucking owned dude, you lost this debate. badly. go home.

Actually user, in the real world, most women hate feminists just as much as men do.

It has something to do with the fact that feminists will often talk down to women and try to speak for them when they don't agree with the fact that there being a female character who isn't wearing a burqa isn't the worse thing ever.

There's a reason why feminism only makes up like 5-8% of most first world populations.

>women aren't paid less than men despite numbers proving it

Women get paid less than men because most woman go for jobs where they're paid minimum wage or they go for less hours overall.

Most women will go for positions like receptionists or waitresses or the like while men will go for jobs like engineering or carpentry.

The push to ban abortion clinics is a symptom of a greater disease that's being done to end services like welfare. It's shit but it's not like abortion clinics are the only things going on the chopping block.

Woman will usually get the bulk of a man's resources in a divorce, are favored in custody disputes, can claim rape, get someone put in jail, and suffer relatively no repercussions for this while men who claim rape are ridiculed by society, they can go on maternity leave to take care of their children while men get nothing, and aren't considered for the draft while men are.

There are a lot of instances where the situation favors women while men are left out in the lurch, it's just that these issues don't get talked about often.

The second part of my post here is in response to your post.

Don't bother, it's a shitposter who probably closed the tab already.

>The push to ban abortion clinics is a symptom of a greater disease that's being done to end services like welfare.

Yeah, I totally forgot all those firebombings and shootings of welfare offices. And the state laws specifically crafted to close them.

But hey if the real world is scary you can always just keep pretending it's the ebil feminazis

Stay stupid user.

I'm Sorry It Must Be Done

youtu.be/ubNqUyf0op0

youtu.be/h67JpMyrOVE

Where do you live that has a draft?

>So if your contention is that being offended is not something you choose to do, what is it?
An emotion.

Despite what ultra-sensitive crybullies like to say, people can't just turn their feelings on and off like light switches. There are entire fields of science dedicated to how the human mind actually works, and that isn't it. People like to pretend they can, partially for the false sense of superiority they get from lying about how offended they are without actually hiding it, and partially because it hides their responsibility for their own actions by blaming them on others, but the fact of the matter is that emotions are caused.

>Please explain to me how things can be inherently offensive.
Bleach isn't "inherently" toxic except in the context of certain types of living organisms, but I wouldn't recommend drinking an entire bottle of it. That's because its toxicity in certain contexts is a fact; people don't die because they "choose" to, they die because bleach is toxic.

>>Yeah, I totally forgot all those firebombings and shootings of welfare offices
Are you conflating the fundamental Christian fringe with fucking female rights?

Here's a question; If you think women are so oppressed, can you name a right men have that women don't?

>It has something to do with the fact that feminists will often talk down to women and try to speak for them when they don't agree with the fact that there being a female character who isn't wearing a burqa isn't the worse thing ever.
It probably has more to do with the fact that anti-feminists don't understand what feminist arguments actually are, if your strawman is any indication.

>Are you conflating the fundamental Christian fringe with fucking female rights?

You must have missed what I said, I know it's very complicated to try to think that people with an agenda will use violence to carry it out. But try real hard and maybe you can get it.

>can you name a right men have that women don't?

What are we discussing? Autonomy over one's own body?

No, they die because they're stupid enough to choose to drink fucking bleach.

>people can't just turn their feelings on and off like light switches.
Sounds like a personal problem, doesn't it? Why exactly is anyone but you responsible for your emotions?

>people don't die because they "choose" to, they die because bleach is toxic.
Ah, so here is your central thesis. Some words are "inherently" toxic. Just like the chemical of bleach would be poisonous to humans regardless of whether it has a label on it, the word "cunt" or something else is just inherently offensive, before or after any language actually includes it. In fact, if I went to another country that didn't speak English and called a woman there a "cunt", she'd break down in tears because the sounds being made are toxic to humans. That's your point, right?

Because surely you can't be arguing that I am responsible for making sure that everything that comes out of not only MY mouth, but the mouth of EVERY PERSON AROUND ME is sterilized of all POSSIBLE "offensive" sounds that might trigger...feelings in someone nearby?

Because you saying that is offensive to me and I demand that you stop thinking it because it triggers me and hurts me just like drinking bleach.

So you admit that it's completely stupid to act like you could just choose not to be hurt by hurtful things.