The last album you have listened to is an inspiration to your new campaign

The last album you have listened to is an inspiration to your new campaign.

Use the cover art and the music as the inspiration sources for imagery and the mood/atmosphere respectively.

Write a few lines about the setting, the campaign plot and the characters.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1T-sGC37XHE
youtube.com/watch?v=SBK2AF-NdVA
youtube.com/watch?v=zNNXNBrehsE
youtube.com/watch?v=ud6LiVJkwyA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Stan Rogers' From Fresh Water.

It's a seafaring campaign, filled with loss, and the troubles of the working man, wherein the players are sea captains and/or fishermen seeking to keep their jobs and find happiness with what they have.

>Adolescents s/t
The game "Liberal crime squad" comes to mind

>Ghost, Meliora

Grimdark/Nobledark Dieselpunk. Players are rebels against an oppressive vaguely Christian Big Brother state. Almost edgy but also tongue in cheek and slightly goofy.

Home in Halifax is one of my favorite albums ever.

Well...the last album listened to was actually my gf listening to taylor swift (see pic related).

So i guess my next Campaign will be a bunch of relationship drama and social backstabbing?

John Carpenter's Lost Themes... So... All Flesh Must Be Eaten I guess.

I guess cyberpunk?

Possibly involving an introspective journey that turns into a search for someone?

>Nightfall in Middle-Earth
It's already done for me

I honestly don't even know how this would work, but i did want to play a chaotic good barbarian named Ruff.

>Brown Bird-Salt for Salt
Bleak gothic Americana with mostly subtle magic . Campaign is about the party discovering the existence of the supernatural in their decrepit country hometown, then following in the footsteps of a man who's gone mad in the wake of a disaster and now is trying to use his newfound powers to end the world by darkening the sun

>Whispered - Metsutan: Songs of the Void
Four honorable samurai fight off invaders challenging their homeland -- the beautiful lakes and forests of Finland.

I think I can do this with my Exalted game. a short noir mystery about the Silent Singer and her daiklaive.

>Aqualung

I really don't know what to make of this campaign. Specially because I'm fucking drunk.

Guess that's what the campaign's about. A bunch of drunk hobos in their search for god almighty.

Fuck, forgot pic.

I think this campaign would bring murderhobo to a whole new level.

Uhh... Maid RPG?

Isn't Taylor Swift a Chaos Cultist or something

I honestly can't come up with anything here.

Daft Punk used to be good. Then they got even better, but at the expensive of shortened longevity. The new shit is better than the old in terms production, composition, yet it just doesn't have the staying power of their old masterpieces.

If i wanted to have a campaign based on Daft Punk, like OP's pic suggests, I would want to use this as a theme. A world in a state of decay, or rather, where new things never last.

Best campaign ever

>Nonagon Infinity

Time loop thriller with a twist.

That twist is acid.

>Carolus Rex
Historical campaign about the thirty years' war. Awesome.

DYSTOPIAN FUTURE CAMPAIGN HERE I COME

>Death of a Bachelor, by Panic at the Disco

The local rich boy bachelor is mysteriously murdered. Player detectives find out it's related to a cult trying to use forbidden magics to bring out a "perfect world".
Turns out everything was already set in the motion from the beginning, with the bachelor having been the ring leader all along to ascend to the next state of human existence. There are only hours left to prevent the final shift of reality to this "perfect" world.

A street level cyberpunk/hip-hop game

>Hamilton: The Original Broadway Cast Recording

Oui, Oui, mon ami, je m'appelle Lafayette.

You are the best. I made a whole character based on his song about the Bluenose once.

I guess she would be suuted perfectly for a political intrigue/cult of slaanesh game.
So darm heresy then?

>BT, These Hopeful Machines

Near-future, PCs are AI programs designed to mimic soap opera and reality television stars, in the same way that animatronic animals at a bowling alley are intended to mimic Raffi. Their ultimate goal is to escape from the server and live as synthetics among the Normie masses. Hard to do when your breakout has to be done in secret, but your only way of funding said breakout is to become walking clickbait.

Disc 2 is about their "new" lives, and how all their hours mimicking human behavior left them ill-prepared to actually survive among us. New goal: Find genuine romance when all they know is melodrama and cheese.

No ideas as to system at this point, but now I'm looking for one that'll do the trick.

I actually statted her as a Zenith for 3e way back, it should be in the general's homebrew folder.

hi david

I've got nothing.

I'm so fucking ready

Hey, high five for a King Gizzard fan!

Needs weird old dudes in different coloured robes. And all the PCs wear robes.

Honestly, why are they always wearing robes in their filmclips?

This album is bretty gud

Hell yeah, I'm ready!

Oh, you've got so much...

>Helion Prime's self-titled

well then

Idk...ideas?

Seeing as how I'm playing a similar character in Exalted...

I am okay with this.

Ey, space cadet, wanna clean some demons in the sky valley?
I guess it will be pretty DOPE

Nile.
Well... WHFBRP, Nehekhara, players are involved in Nagash vs Settra war.

Knowing me, it's gonna be something edgy as fuck instead of grimdarkopocalypse
:(

Soo...
The plot and world will be composed of the ideas that didn't quite make into the other games, it will be grim, and dark, and possibly edgy. It will also be one hell of a nostalgia trip.

Oh this I'd gonna be good

I guess I have my players all roll up characters then in secret make a second set of character sheets and present them to the party on game day because they're actually going to be playing as their character's dads.

>Iron Savior Battering Ram

Mekton Zeta campaign of a die hard Earth fleet fighting back an alien armada with FTL tactics culimating in an assault on the alien homeworld. .

>Vault Archives - Mark Morgan

Van Buren: The PnP campaign

>The Kominas
It's a lighthearted or darkly-comedic military campaign set during the India-Pakistan conflict. The PCs are a group of soldiers on whichever side, and experience both lots of Bollywood hijinks and a depressing amount of day-to-day cruelty by otherwise ordinary people.

Are YOU my master?

Shit. Now what?

>Ronald Jenkees: Days Away
A heartfelt campaign that's generally peaceful and has the PCs spending most of their time in transit. Big emphasis on travel through vast, beautiful areas.

Also, a large majority of the campaign has that feeling of everything about to come to an end - the one that makes every last thing feel so much more vibrant and alive.

Uhhh

gangster who tries to make it big

High-level campaign about a group of "heroes" who must save the world from an increasingly terrifying series of monsters.

> Gonjasufi, A sufi and a killer

High fantasy, the party meets with a begger claiming to be a soothsayer, but after the party ignores his advice they get trapped inside his twisted mind, blissfully unaware. They have to fight their way through twisted images and thoughts of the soothsayer to escape.

>The Prodigy - Invaders must die

Shadowrun. Some madman has opened a stable portal to another dimension, the only way to keep your sanity intact as the horrors and nightmares launch a full scale interdimentional assault on the world as we know it is to pump your system full of mind altering drugs.

Lock and load, we're going demon hunting.
youtube.com/watch?v=1T-sGC37XHE

Premade characters, or have each player pick a role, and make a character that fits it? Because that campaign would be so damn fun.

Saxon, Crusader. Must more be said?

youtube.com/watch?v=SBK2AF-NdVA

I...I dont know. Some DND variant based around children's stories that become real and need to be faced down in a whimsical shadow-world of imagination?

Shoot, forgot me image.

chill exploration-focused science fiction campaign. Humanity is exploring planets that might have alien life. Characters would be scientists and astronauts, maybe a couple military guys in case of an emergency.

>forgot pic

>Rogue Taxidermy by Days N Daze

Shadowrun, through the lense of Trailer Park Boys. Take back the night! Your best friends are all worried about your habits, so hell, you have to *make* something of it, right? Beats going sober.

Critically glitching means you take a double shot. I leave the lid off my trashcan if your characters aren't fucking bathing for whatever reason. And I shove you in my gas mask and flood it with dope smoke if you start taking anything beyond stun damage in character.

...It is amazing my friends and I actually manage to stay on topic and fucking roleplay, actually.

God fucking damnit. Here's the link.

youtube.com/watch?v=zNNXNBrehsE

>you will never pull a bootleg turn through an intersection entirely composed of neon while blasting Dream Machine

hell yeah, motherfucker

I think we're groovy paladin/bards.

Down syndrome I guess. Or eldritch horror. Or eldritch horrors with down syndrome.

hell yeah, motherfucker.

I know it's on the defenders of the faith album, but I can't help but smile at what an encounter against The Sentinel would be like.

>Tom Waits: Mule Variations

It's a vagabond campaign, based mainly around a near limitless freedom of travel and a vague sense of the futility of city-life. Maybe set around 1950.
The players start the campaign being held overnight in the drunk tank of the town jail. They're seeking an escape from the rural town of Pine Gulch, expecting the open road to grant freedom from the monotony of working life and absolution for their sins. It doesn't.

Now the big ships fly to a hundred suns, by pushing the speed of light
And they want good men for the deep space runs, pushing the speed of light
And the pay is good, and you're young and strong,
And you tell yourself that it won't be long
So you sign on board, hear the drive's deep song, pushing the speed of light
Pushing the speed of light

And you've left behind you the world of men
With no way in space to go home again
When you're pushing the speed of light

Now it's two months out and it's two months back, when you're pushing the speed of light
Twenty years on your homeworld's track, pushing the speed of light
And your friends are gone and your lovers too
And there's damn-all left that you can do
And you try to lie, but you know it's true, pushing the speed of light

So you sign back on for another run of pushing the speed of light
And you swear to God that your pushing's done, pushing the speed of light
But that one run turns into four or five
And your heart beats time to the humming drive
And there's nothing left keeps you alive, but pushing the speed of light

Now you've spread your seed with the star drive's flame, by pushing the speed of light
Left sons behind you to carry your name, pushing the speed of light
And you watch them age, and you watch them die,
As you race the light-wind across the sky
And the gods are silent when you ask them, Why? Pushing the speed of light

Now, the speed of c is a wall, they say, when you're pushing the speed of light
That cuts you off from yesterday, pushing the speed of light
But you know someday you're gonna win that race
And fly back the years to your starting space
And you'll stay awhile 'fore you're back in space, pushing the speed of light

And you've left behind you the world of men
With no way in Hell to go home again
When you're pushing the speed of light

So.... Shadowrun then?

>Turrican Soundtrack Anthology
Literally anything in RIFTS.

Well damn.

>Plastic Beach
Post-Apocalyptic campaign that takes place on a series of artificial islands off the coast of California.

Psychic Warfare is real.

youtube.com/watch?v=ud6LiVJkwyA
Here is the song to go with the lyrics.

I think he's got an ERP...

My melanin-enriched fraternal sibling.