Veeky Forums dear, please. I really really want to play, but due to me moving to the middle of nowhere...

Veeky Forums dear, please. I really really want to play, but due to me moving to the middle of nowhere, it would be impossible to find a group.

Please, motivate me to use roll20

Are you capable of identifying idiots from casual observation?

You can now avoid most roll20 horror stories. Use away.

Do you have far-away friends who might be interested in TTRPG?
There you go, you got a group.

Play with older players. Myself and all my players are older family men in our late 30s and early 40s. We all grew up playing RPGs. Our sessions are rather short once a week for 3 hours. But between 2 groups I get to play twice a week.

I've been a forever DM for over 15 years now, I'd love to get a chance as a player for once, that's why I don't want to invite my old groups into trying. They won't GM ever, so using the chance.

I'm 30 myself; so whoever isn't bothered by my age is fine in my book.

I hope I can, I mean, I'm still alive, that should count for something.

not op, but here's my cover for my simple 3 player game

am I doing it right? So far they love it and are really great players. I make sure to ask for feedback and etc via PM's, and I'm very open to criticism and types of play. This is our 7th month in our every two week campaign.

>am I doing it right?
>So far they love it
>This is our 7th month in our every two week campaign.
Yes.

If everyone is having fun (yourself included) then you are always doing it right

A few tips to avoid disaster:

- does the thread mention that it is "looking for a GM?" The individual here is too lazy to search for a relevant thread or run the game on their own. Not likely a committed individual ready for a long term campaign.

- Did the person running the game forget to post a list of questions for their potential PCs? They likely don't care enough to try and weed out players that aren't serious. Not the game to play for anything more than a lackluster one shot.

- Does the game promise to be sandbox, political, high power, or evolving based on player choices? The GM has chosen to use buzzwords to entice players without proof of competence. They likely don't know what they are doing in the first place.

These three rules tend to help me avoid games that don't hold much promise.

I have ~500 hours played since 2013. roll20 is great once you find a group.

However, I suggest finding a group on a different site. I found mine on [spoilers]Spoony's forum[/spoiler]. And we've played together since across multiple systems and campaigns.

My group uses roll20 but all of us were recruited off Veeky Forums and we've been gaming together for 2 years now without issues.

Do a session zero with each player. It's time consuming, but you need to authenticate these folks and certify their personhood.

I tried using it once. GM vanished without a trace before the first session.

>- Does the game promise to be sandbox, political, high power, or evolving based on player choices? The GM has chosen to use buzzwords to entice players without proof of competence. They likely don't know what they are doing in the first place.

This. A million times this.

Had a great 1st experience today.

Regrettably 90% of the Gamefinderfucks dropped but the one who stayed was chill and irl friends filled in the rest.

Do it or you'll never get to play.

I hope you like hours of prep for players who dont show up

Don't pin that on Roll20 specifically; that's a VTT problem.

Sweet!

How's roll20 to use? Does it automatically draw up maps based on LoS? We're currently using Fantasy Grounds and goddamn that program a piece of shit! So goddamn much unintuitive dumb crap...
And the GM having to MS Paint-reveal the maps is just tiresome.

I think if you subscribe or upgrade or whatever you can have Line of sight and lighting reveal the map. if not then you are stuck with the Fog of War system where you designate areas that people can see. Shame that you can only use squares for it.

There is a Los tool for the paying customers
Otherwise there is a rather simple revealed tool the gm can use manually on their maps.

Nigg, you dumb

Polygon reveal is a tool