Sorin "If She Came From Your Seed, Send Her To The Blessed Sleep" Markov
Sorin "Remove Your Little Girl From This World" Markov
Sorin "Dismember Your Descendant" Markov
Sorin "Keepin' PtE In The Family" Markov
Sorin "You Built It, You Kill It" Markov
Sorin "You Were Her Sire, You Build Her Funeral Pyre" Markov
Sorin "No Side Like Filicide" Markov
Sorin "This Brings A Whole New Meaning To Father-Daughter Bonding" Markov

If there's anything Avacyn hates, it's a blade - especially Sorin's blade, the symbol of her unmaking.

Thanks, guys. Really helping me not feel worse about never ever seeing Avacyn ever again. What pals.

>Wotc kills Venser
>Wotc kills Elspeth
>Wotc kills Avacyn
>Jace is still alive

GODDAMN IS NOTHING SACRED???

>still mourning
It's been, what, a month already?

The story came out Wednesday.

But yes.

I know it's been hard, user, but we've all mourned. I mean, Magic lore has been dead for, what, eight years?

It isn't coming back. I'm sorry.

>long white hair
>long black coat
>sword
>experimented on as a child by (grand)father
>was an important member of a major heroic unit long ago
>killed best girl
The resemblance is uncanny

At least you get jokes to help deal with it. The only thing I had was people alternating between rage over how stupidly it happened and 'GOOD RIDDANCE' when they killed Kozilek.

Hey man, you got some good shit out of it.

Damn straight.

And the set went on sale in April.
Which means the fat pack booklet, which reveals all of that, has been available for more than a month.

But it gets better. Avacyn's Unmaking was spoiled in mid March. The full art was found almost a week before that.
So I suppose two months is a much more accurate statement.

Do you feel good about yourself?

alright, so i haven't been keeping up, last i left off was theros... thank god elspeths dead i hated her!

still me, alright since this is a lore general thread, anyone wanna fill me in whats been happening lately? every now and again i see a familiar face and talks about sorin (and one funny one about leliana and jade) but i agent been keeping up.

>hating best walker
Get the fuck off my Veeky Forums

Nahiri showed up on innistrad, asked sorin why he hadn't showed up to take care of the eldrazi again, sorin said he didn't know or someshit and was busy, nahiri got all butt hurt and was like you will rue the day yo.

Teisted Markov manor I to a giant dildo with vampire bumping for her pleasure, built a bunch of weird shit across innistrad and is having something large built in the ocean by zombies Liliana is apparently controlling but portrayed ignorance to Jace about it, which may have something to do with the raven man.

Whatever is out in the ocean is calling something large enough that its actually shifting the moon off its path as whatever it is travels to the plane, while most of innistrad, including Jace seems to be going insane.

Avacy went nuts and considered humans corrupted and went about PURGE EXTERMINATE and nearly killed Jace and tamito until sorin showed up and started throwing angels through walls and shit. Avacyn was so insane she viewed sorin as a threat and then blamed him for her corruption and basically forced sorin to unmake her.

Funnily enough nahiri is being used as a staple in modern right now to get emrakul shit on the board as fast as possible and its highly implied she may be summoning him to innistrad, as she never explained how she stopped the titans by herself when it took two old walkers and herself to stop it last time.

Basically emrakul will show up, sorin will use the moon as a giant helvault to imprison it.

I think the raven man is actually yawgmoth controlling everything and is manipulating nahiri and Liliana and this might actually be a phyrexian invasion, but that's more of a tinfoil hat conspiracy.

>staple
user, that's not what staple means.

I thought they were stated to be Geralf's zombies.

They had actually killed Gideon in OGW, trapped Nissa in an endless oblivion, broke Jace's jaw among other things, but brought them all back because lolsuperfriends!

Ob got fucking shafted despite having by far the most entertaining story in a LOOOOOONG time

Ok
So Sarkhan went to Tarkir where he DID NOTHING WRONG which resulted in the past changing and Ugin not being kill
Ugin went to Zendikar where Jace found him, Ugin was like 'yo, don't kill the Eldrazi' and Jace pinky promised him but was crossing his fingers behind his back, that sneaky faggot.
Anyway, they all had bonding moment over imprisoning Ulamog but then Ob Nixilis was like "SURPRISE FAGGOTS!" and freed both Ulamog and Kozilek
Anyway, Chandra rescued Jace, Gideon, and Nissa from Ob Nixilis.
They decided to team up becoming the Avengers
then they realized that name was taken so they chose gatewatch
Anyway, they challenged Kozilek and Ulamog to a mana eating contest by binding their entire forms to Zendikar, which wasn't a great idea
Until they used the mana outside of the titans as a det cord for the mana inside the titans
Ugin's pissed, the Gatewatch has threeways all the ways.
Jace goes to Innistrad, Avacyn went crazy balls
Lesbian Werewolf Hunters
Jace goes crazy balls
Church goes crazy balls
Jace is unballed by Tamiyo
Avacyn attacks them both
Sorin bursts down, has feels
Kills Avacyn
Everything rumbles and Sorin is like "Shiiiiit"

Gisa's, actually. Gisa thinks Nahiri is her friend.

If it's seriously Eldrazi again two sets in a row I'm going to lose my shit.

On one hand I think it would be a hack move and kill a lot of potential intrigue by confirming and ending Emrakul's movements so early.
On the other I want a new Emrakul card.

I really want it to be a five-legged shrew

It's okay, if WotC wants to keep bumping of beloved characters it'll be their funeral next, honestly the entire plot of SOI is so silly and convoluted and basically comes down to: Sorin was a dick to Nahiri, Nahiri is insane, Sorin didn't bother to check on her after the Helvault broke. Sorin decided to deal with Avacyn instead of the cause and causes Nahiri's plan to succeed while also killing his daughter and the one being that keeps his plane alive.

I don't know how anyone can be expected to take this seriously any more, I'm sad about Avacyn but after the latest story I just kind of stopped caring about the story at large, it's just a bunch of incompetent planeswalkers being assholes to each other.

But I guess, he HAD to.

>it's just a bunch of incompetent planeswalkers being assholes to each other.
To be fair, hasn't magic always been that? Urza is at once the most successful and least successful planeswalker in existence.

RIP Best angel.

She was as pure and nobel as Elspeth or Serra. We will never see her like again.

Who should i send an email full of my disgust and hate for killing her?

We need an edit of the comic where someone has arrived in heaven and another person is saying something like "happy to meet you though I'm sorry about the circumstances" changed to feature Elspeth and Avacyn.

>Reminding me that Serra is also dead, along with her entire plane.
Goddammit. Are we not allowed to have living mono white women?

> Where da white wimin at?
> All dead.
> Shit.

If every angel in MTG had a brawl, who would win?

Magic: stopping cucks so you don't have to

>tfw my waifu is alive and well

You fucking whore.

Akroma...

Shit taste

>Akroma
Fucking wrong.

Everyone knows Avacyn is the biggest angel ever printed and is indestructible.

Card P/T doesn't mean shit and changes with every iteration. Avacyn is also a 5/5 and a 4/4|6/5

Going by just the cards, Iona wins because none of the other angels get to enter play

Avacyn still wins because, with the exception of Anguished Unmaking's flavor, she is fluff-wise indestructible. Akroma is such a pleb that she died from
a beheading.

Either Akroma, Iona, or Avacyn.

But probably Avacyn. Though, as far as we know, Iona is still alive, even after a full Eldrazi invasion. So that has to count for something.

This, Sorin revoked her existence, otherwise she is literally un-killable. None of the other angels on her plane are even close to her on power terms, she killed the black-white angel and her entire flight solo and I doubt she broke a sweat. The only issue is that her power is tied to her plane similar to the Theros Gods, if she was anywhere else she'd probably lose to Akroma.

guess ill post my waifus

Am I allowed to have a waifu even though I'm a girl?

>grills in mtg

this thread was a blast.

and done

a waifu? yes. but having 5 is missing the point.

im sorry i do waifuism wrong user

Indeed it was. It was so sad, though.

Don't lose hope, OP.

But we already lost her.

Are you telling me there's a way for her to return? But how?

To be honest there are plenty of plausible ways for her to return, the question is whether WotC would allow her to return. I honestly don't foresee a conclusion with her staying dead being satisfying, they'd have to do so much bullshit to explain how Innistrad continues without her. So until someone at Wizards outright says she's never coming back I'm going to hope that she will because otherwise I can't bring myself to give a crap about the lore.

Tell me those plausible ways. I want to believe.

Sorin giving his spark and life could be enough to bring her back, especially if you assume that he might not have been able to destroy her completely, she has a deep connection to the plane.

Building off that it could be that he could only destroy her physically, something interesting would be if she became more like the Gods of Theros where she's only powered by belief now that she no longer has power from her form.

The cryptoliths could theoretically channel mana to the Vault to generate enough power to revive her.

None of these are really ironclad, they're just random thoughts I've had. In all likelihood Wizard's won't have her come back in EMN, if she comes back it would probably be in a future set as a reason to return to Innistrad. Regardless, I hope that it helped a bit.

I stick her in my recursion deck, thats how.

But she's been exiled...how...

Sorin made her back when he was an Oldwalker. Might be interesting if, since her power is no longer being used, he got that back. Might catapult him to Strongest Walker.
Don't think he'll go back to Old Walker strength, but if he became more powerful then some of the Dragon Walkers, that would be interesting.

Or he spends it to stop Emrakul, thus allowing Avacyn to help protect her plane even in death, might stop Sorin from feeling so guilty.

How guilty do you think he feels?

Very, this is the guy who has lived so long and seen so much that he's perpetually bored, the only three things he cares about are his family(dead), his plane(screwed and getting worse) and Avacyn(he just killed her). That's the main reason I could genuinely see him giving his life to revive her, he really hasn't got much to live for now and it would fix his plane too. I believe Anguished Unmaking is the only art that shows Sorin with any sort of emotion that isn't indifference or annoyance, even when he sees Markov Manor he most just looks a bit miffed. I'd wager he feels horribly guilty right now, he killed his daughter for nothing because it just screwed his plane harder.

Did you feel a tug on your heart when Avacyn recognized the physical resemblance between her and Sorin?

Isn't there magic? Couldn't he just un-kill her or something?

And to think that all of this could have been avoided if Avacyn had just eaten once in a while...

Not nearly enough magic.

He'd need Yawgmoth Level magic to bring her back and that level of power no longer exists

>yawgmoth

forgive me, but I have no idea what that is. I only got into magic around the first Innistrad. block.

mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Yawgmoth

in case you're too lazy to read the link above

>Father of Phyrexia
>More powerful than Old Walkers and Gods
>Was the embodiment of Black Mana
>His mere presence killed 2/3rds of a plane
>Was able to not only create artificial planes but could also force a plane to overlap another plane
>took 10,000 years of collected white mana to even wound him

In short the most powerful being in MTG

You see this? The guy with sword is Gerrard Capashen, the guy kneeling is Urza. Everybody else is Yawgmoth.

Got it.

Thank you for clarification

He (kind of) has a card recently.

yeah, but if he didn't know who Yawgmoth was it really means nothing.

I'm curious, how was it that Gerrard was going toe to toe with Urza here? Was he empowered by Yawgmoth or was their some kind of melee only restriction?

>No items
>Coalition heroes only
>Final destination

I believe that they were both being mind controlled by yawgmoth because they were deep in phyrexia where he basically controls reality

A MTG themed fighting game would be hype as fuck. Shame the most stylish possible fighter would never get in due to being such a bit card.

Makes sense.

Yawgmoth was able to negate Urza's powers, since they were so close to him. It was just two people trying to murder one another at that point, and one was an old man and the other was the culmination of a supersoldier bloodline project

>Whiny flower ho
>Best girl

>this entire block

TIME TRAVEL

I'm not ok with this.

I really want to see a time travel attempt really bite everyone in the ass

>Go back in time to try and remove Phyrexia from existence before they became big
>End up making it so Phyrexia never lost

That wouldn't actually be that hard. All they have to do is go back in time to the Thran empire, and kill Yawgmoth before he became a threat

This makes me think: could they go back in time and prevent the mending/prevent the rifts that necessitated the mending? What would that do?

To be fair, Tarkir was changed for the worse by Sarkhan's actions and there are some implications bringing Ugin back to life might not have been such a good idea after all either.

Sarkhan's happy tho, and all anyone cares about is the Planeswalkers, so gives a shit.

Rebels of Tarkir when?

If plainswalkers are so powerful, why didn't Sorin just undo the mind control stones that fucked Avacyn?

>Go back and kill the guy, who as a normal human with no powers, killed an Oldwalker

Even Human Yawgmoth was probably more intelligent than all the current Neo-walkers

>Rebels of Tarkir when?
Hopefully soon. I'm sick and tired of all the best planes being fucked over and Magic's best setting being ruined

>mirrodin ruined
>tarkir enslaved by dragons
>innistrad about to be nommed by Emrakul
>Lorwyn becomes no-sun grimderp

Why does Wizards always kill of their best settings?