/EDH/Commander general

no pain no gain edition

>RESOURCES

mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

manabasecrafter.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

>CARD SEARCHING

gatherer.wizards.com/
>Official search site. Current for all sets.

magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/heroes-of-might-and-magic-1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for Iona did nothing wrong

Fa/tg/uys, choose one single card to get banned.
inb4 EDH banlist is pointless

Roots

none, there isn't a single card I'd like to see banned

I made a draft. Still doing some cutting and tweaking, but so far looks fun as hell.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/heroes-of-might-and-magic-1/

>inb4 flood of Craterhooves and Armageddons.
Seriously though, I think list is alright at this point. Only borderline cards are Necropotence and maybe SotF, which both are disgusting in power, but not worth a ban really.

Palinchron

I wonder if I'd start seeing peregrine drake eveywhere

Tooth and nail.
Have you ever seen an edh player resolve a Tooth and Nail and thought "Wow, well played, they deserved that win from nowhere"?

How do you call 9 mana "out of nowhere"

I try not to let my opponents get to 9 mana at all

Could be banned though

I love tooth and nail in my Riku deck

I also love being a degenerate faggot

9 mana is like turn 5-6 in edh. If you're playing with a group of 4 or more people, it's a bit difficult to kill all of them before that happens.
If you're playing EDH 1v1, you might as well play French.

9 mana on turn 5-6 is only normal if you don't disrupt them at all, I try to destroy as many mana rocks as I can

Also I didn't mean that tooth and nail never wins the game I just wouldn't call it "out of nowhere", I start to suspect anybody is about to close out the game when they have 9 mana available

it's a 9 mana sorcery, cool your jets

And people ask me why all my non-blue decks run Null Brooch.

Humility is such a great lock down card.

yes it is

Add in a Greater Auramancy and Mwuhahahahahahahahahaha

Nah man

Iona is never fun

Iona. It just isn't fun, guys.

Who wants Armageddon banned? Salty ramp players who can't help but blow their land load all over the table?

Now that spoiler season is coming what do you hope will be in Eternal Masters to boost your deck's power level?

More like Io-no, amirite?

Sneak Attack

I love that card and would also love for it not to be $50

Add in an Enchanted Evening for added protection/hilarity

Mana drain might be cool.

>9 mana is like turn 5-6 in edh
It's posts like these that make me happy that my group is low-power.

That's a mana dork or rock on every turn. Hardly high power. The trouble is people not bolting the bird. Always bolt the bird!

Yes, exactly those. They never keep lands in their hands, and cannot comprehend artifact ramp.
It's always surreal to me that some people think it's okay to have 20+ lands on the table on turn 5 and claim "I am not a threat, I have no board presence" in a loud voice. Same people usually are those who never pay for RStudy triggers because card advantage never matters, only the (nonland) permanents.
It's absolutely delicious to nuke lands after massive Boundless Realms.

I had a derevi player scoop to a Wave of Vitriol, since he had maximum of 3 basics in his deck. I know basics only produce one colour, but some people go out their way and have deck full of nonbasic lands and as few basics as possible. I'm actually running Ruination, WaveV and Back to Basics just for these kinds of retards. The one guy runs all 3 of the coliseums or whatever they are, the monocolored threshold sacland cycle in his Anafenza. He also lost to a T1 strip mine once.

I love abusing terrible deckbuilding.

I would too, but these people never learn. Instead they complain rather than learn to build decks properly and keep on folding to one simple strategy

>He also lost to a T1 strip mine once
How the fuck

This is an LGS group I take it and not a group of friends? Because if I were you I'd probably try to get these guys to all chip in on packs for pod winners and just rob them blind for their idiocy.

Crucible of Worlds.
___:^)___

He played tri-colored tapland and I broke that. He relies mostly on manadorks and usually keeps 1 land hands if he has a mana dork or Thoughtseize or similar discard spell in that hand.

Jesus what a stooge. People who consider themselves a non-threat when they can cast whatever they want need to learn when to hold back on dumping shit out

Who is the best/funnest glass cannon commander? The type that can kill the table in a single turn but is extremely fragile

Omnath of rage, did 45 damage on a single turn and killed somebody for using fulminator mage on me at my end step.

Basalt monolith
Backbone of too many infinites

I've done this before with Godo. Xenagod is also incredibly capable of this, but he's more resilient

>did 45 damage on a single turn
Goodness, what did you do?

Zada, Krenko, Thromok, O.G Rakdos...

Rafiq of the Many

the tru man commander

>tru man
>contains no red

No red = no manly

Dunno about killing the table instantly, but I think the very definition of glass cannon commander is Dralnu. He's pure value, but dangerous as fuck.

Sol Ring, it would just be amusing to ban. Banlist is fine regardless and nobody in my group plays Iona because I don't play with fags

I have developed a turn 3 with mimeoplasm, granted it only wipes out 1 at a time.

What's with the hate seriously? If you're getting mad over one card, you should stop playing monocolored decks. If one card is enough to make you lose the game every time, you really need to think about your deckbuilding. There's million things to remove her and ways to prevent her from coming to field.
You're like the people who fold to armageddon, as mentioned earlier in the thread.

I have ways to deal with Iona dipshit. Iona is just played by faggots who then proceed to like their victory was well earned, armageddon is a literally who cares card. Just run enough dorks and rocks. But go ahead and keep making your assumptions buddy and trying to justify your faggy ways.

This card has to be my MVP in my Prossh deck. Anyone else have a mundane card that whoops ass in your brew?

When I started playing the format I thought Armageddon and MLD was "feelbad" but the more I play the more I see its importance. It's one of the only ways to combat strategies and have aggressive decks undermine control and ramp.

Tooth and Nail is hardly banworthy. Realistically you're building up to 9 mana and the fact no one has an answer is just a bad on your playgroup. Avenger + Choof is hardly the "instant table kill" if your board is rather weak. You can probably alpha strike 1-2 players but that's about it. It's better when you tutor for creature combos like Mike and Trike but still, 9 mana is 9 mana. If you just lose to your opponent sitting on nothing and just casting Tooth and Nail then it's your fault for your deck being totally uninteractive.

I don't get mad, I just get bummed out. I have ways to remove her but I'm stuck until I get one of the ways to do so. The dream is to use Mindslaver on the Iona player's turn, then cast Scour from Existence to exile Iona forever

Monocolored is fun anyway

The problem with T+N is that outside of a few niche cards the only way to counter it is to be playing blue.

This stupid little card. I throw it in any deck I can. Strangely, it manages to be in my opening hand 8/10 games, probably making me think it's so much better than it is. In my Brago deck, I just mass mill my friends away because nobody still brings any removal after fuck knows how many times I've landed this card.

Almost every EDH deck should be running this to be honest.

I have managed to kill the entire table using Bosh's ability with this card

Ashnods altar'd my 2/2 elementals and 5/5 elementals for damage to play more elementals to sac for more mana. I sacced 15 on that turn.

I don't play Iona tho. Nor do I complain about her.

Holy hell, token decks could mill people out instantly. Nice card.

HNNNNNNG

was going to ask if anyone was watching the EM spoilers.

There is some kickass stuff i want to throw into some decks.

Even more HNNNNNNNG

I am very happy as a heavy red player

>Sylvan library reprint announced
>price is already at $16

Ffffuck I should've sold my copy beforehand

>Doesn't play commander enough to know turn 4 is when people start winnning

YO

>T1 Land, Ring, Crypt, Smokestack

>Mythic
Shit, it's going to do nothing to the current prices. Fuck collectors and "investors"

Congratulations.

OH FUUUCK YES

Also what happened mid-2014 for that spike? Did Sneak and Show put in work or something?

Source? I haven't actually seen this anywhere as a spoiler

So I drafted Odric, Lunarch Marshall the other day. I'm not a commander player at all, but a few friends are and I was considering slapping together a budget deck ( less than $20 ) for him. Feasible for a monowhite commander deck?

I also have Jhoira tucked away somewhere, so she's another option, but my friends mostly play kitchen table commander, and nobody's deck is anything particularly special.

>Smokestack

Face to Face Games Toronto's Facebook page put it up and yanked it within minutes, someone imgur'd the image.

Go for it. He looks like tons of fun.

Admittedly, a lot of people ARE not a threat despite them having 20 lands turn 5.

I want it to be understood that people who run Gilded Lotus and Mana Crypt and whatnot just so they can Armageddon and keep playing the game are doing something mean. You can say "well, suck it up" and I'll give you that. But you can't say it is casual.

>I like to make assumptions when I get called out

See I can do idiotic greentext too.

Don't bother. It's getting banned next update. ONLY reason its not already is becuase scarcity.

I'm saying your play group is bad, and you're a bad player if your bitching about cards, especially creatures, Iona isn't even the worst thing in edh

Trying to say you know my play group is really sad. I'm sorry, you probably got kicked out of your old group for acting like such a faggot. Not everybody likes to instsnt win because I stack my deck, now continue to cry on about Iona I seriously don't give a fuck.

Is it bad that I don't really care about Crypt? I'd rather run Vault. Sure it's not free, but it taps for 3, only pops for 1 damage and if I'm satisfied with my board state I'll pay to untap it

I don't care about Crypt either, but that's because I hate fast mana.

Alot of people prefer vault over crypt, not a big deal really.

Iona isn't an instant win though.
Not him, but you seem really salty, and how is he actually acting like a faggot exactly? He only said his opinion about a big dumb creature.

>Triggered

I don't either, but if I get it, I'm running it. It's basically better sol ring with extremely small print.

>outfuckingskilled
I'm not salty, he's the one starting shit.

Stupid question time
Is your autism forcing you to play only with foil commander cards

Nope. Only 3 of my 22 commanders are foil.

Heck, some of my generals are on the reserved list so they may never be foil

Sand Warriors are fun

Not true at all

How does somebody win with tooth and nail? They get an infinite combo made of two creatures

How do you stop such an infinite combo? You kill one or both of the creatures

Every color can do this

Mana Crypt is preordering at $60 on SCG.

You were saying?

Ephara has the absolute worst foil ever

Hardly any shiny parts

No, but I like shiny cards overall, and rather get them than nonfoils. Of course all depends on the price and the art and all.
The foil commanders I have are Stoutarm, Vorel, Bladewing (ftv foil) and unfinished Tariel and Rith (both also ftv). I have nonfoil Hanna, Sedris, Wrexial, Skittles, Memnarch, Ghave and Gitfrog.
That being said, I would like judgefoil Hanna, foil Memnarch, Skittles and Ghave, if there was a foil for him.

I think there are actually combos that win even if you try to kill one of the dudes.

And some colors do struggle with killing a dude, Green has Beast Within and some fight cards, but it is tough.

But the parts that look shiny look great.
>Foil Keranos is $90

which is a shame as I think she easily has some of the best artwork of the gods

I've never seen a combo like that, unless you mean that they can answer your answer with another card and keep their combo going

In which case that's fine, somebody plays tooth and nail with enough back up to stop a whole table of answers they deserve to win

Jared + Phyrexian Devourer or Rasputin Dreamweaver + Eldrazi Displaced can keep combing off in response to removal if they have mana. I'm sure there are some others.

Remember we were talking about tooth and nail combos, it's different if they have a full mana pool when the combo comes out

The Jarad combo requires another 3 mana, but yeah that's true it can't be stopped by removal

Rasputin + eldrazi displacer also costs 3 extra mana and 6 extra if you want to respond to removal