Why do all of my internet RP sessions inevitably end with at least two of the characters ERPing with each other (almost...

Why do all of my internet RP sessions inevitably end with at least two of the characters ERPing with each other (almost invariably the people who chose the youngest characters.)

I need to figure out how to become a better GM or I'm toast. How do you prevent this?

Tell them to knock it off?
Maybe make it clear that erp are scum of the earth types and won't be tolerated in your game (preferably, tell them at the beginning of a game)

>internet RP
That's why. Online anonymity makes people show their worst. I mean, hell, you can see that all around this place.

Have one of them be possessed and become the bad guy.

Also this made me laugh, thanks.

Yeah, I probably need to assert myself more, I'm kind of a meek guy and wanted to get better at these things by practicing being a GM.

Firstly, checked.

Secondly: assertively tell them to keep it in their pants or be kicked.

If you can do it, lighearted belittling can shock them from their scum reverie
"Are you guys ACTUALLY jacking off to another dude on the internet romancing your character?"
Or
'Dude.
Really?
Are you really pretending to be a loli fuckslut?'
Some people forget what common decency is behind their computer screens, putting some light shock MAY help them remember shame from ones actions

Seconding this
All it took to reign in the furry was
"Yiffing will not be encouraged here boyos "

Except for when mocking them only encourages them, user. I would know.

If you don't want to be too forward about it, you could always just tell them to keep it behind closed doors. If it's just erp and won't really affect story, just tell them to do it after the session and keep that stuff out of when you're GM'ing. They should be able to understand. Should.

you degenerate, ect-ect.
I understand, allow me to put even more emphasis on "if done right" and "MAY".

Frankly those types are attention whores who shit up games no matter what.
Best to cut the shameless loose.

I've always wanted to ERP, but I'm just terrible at it.

Speaking from experience, it's not worth it. I had much more fun writing my own erotic tales.

Ok, hot. i now lick youre earhole

Its that easy boyz

Supporting this .
It's really not.
You're better off getting a vidya.

Where is the line crossed between romance and erp? Could even something that leads to a fade to black scenario be considered erp?

They'll treat it like a grave breach of their human rights. If they do it casually in mixed company they clearly think it's normal, so they'll react badly if you suggest it isn't.

Gonna have to agree with this. The best solution in this case is to simply kick them out for having no social sense whatsoever.

Generally when the word "cunny" gets involved is where I draw the line.

I had a player like that, incredibly disruptive but if anyone asked her to reign it in she would thrash around saying we had no right to ask her to "self-censor" herself. She would also constantly threaten to leave the group then disappointed me by showing up again. It's obnoxious when someone else owns the house you game at and you can't simply make them leave...

>Erp with a girl
I call bullshit, girls don't like sex.

I ERP and I'm repulsed by the word "cunny".

Maybe it's just your playerpool? I find my players from a certain rather popular forum with an active ERP community. The funny thing is that not ONCE have I witnessed anyone ERPing outside dedicated ERP games.

Recruiting rapists.
Any takers?

>Inb4 a dozen subs asking for the same thing.

What are you recruiting them for?
And can we make a competitive blood sport out of it in the form of a table top game?

Veeky Forums

That would be fun. Sign me up.

They are usually pretty immature as it is.

Don't run ERP games?

Shouldn't a weebfag like you have moved onto /qst/? Go ERP there.

make sure they leave it behind a closed door and let the faggots have their fun while you focus on running a wholesome, legitimate game?

I'm not...

Why contain it? I jump in and have fun along with them.

It'd probably be best to just say "this isn't an ERP game guys" than be snarky. I don't mind ERP, so long as it stays out of non-ERP games (which is the assumed default).

I have a decent time but most ERPers are pretty bad.
General roleplay skill helps a boatload, as does having a large vocabulary (being able to say "i fuc da pussi" in multiple ways is basically required to keep interest going)

What words do you use for it?

Saying that your characters are kissing under the moonlight: romance.
Several back and forth rounds of two players describing the frenching under the moonlight: getting into ERP.

Good lad. You need to be an alpha to run a game, because you are literally the person in charge of it. Recognizing your weakness alone puts you above scores of other GMs.

Just follow through and become the neckbear you were always meant to be.

This guy's dumb and wrong because he fails to understand that most antisocial retards in this hobby failed to learn the concept of shame, which is the basis upon which his tactic rests. You are not dealing with normal people among the p&p community, you are dealing with nerds, dorks, and /d/egenerates of all sort. You do not have to be mean, but you have to be forthright. None of this pussyfooting around.

gets it.

This, and in my experience, people in internet roleplaying games have literally zero understanding of the difference.

>Why do all of my internet RP sessions inevitably end with at least two of the characters ERPing with each other (almost invariably the people who chose the youngest characters.)
Because you play with shit people.

>They'll treat it like a grave breach of their human rights. If they do it casually in mixed company they clearly think it's normal, so they'll react badly if you suggest it isn't

but it IS normal

it is you who is the problem here

Assert yourself.

Tell them no ERP at the table.

Give them two strikes, and if they mess up, ignore their character for the rest of the session. If they keep it up kick them.

Don't predict people like that. Try it out and if they turn out to be shit, boot them.

You can boot anyone when GMing, just replace boot them with "ignore their character". Tell them once that you're doing that, and let them get mad, who cares, they aren't going to get better.

Pardon me for interjecting with a question unrelated to the topic at hand, but what anime is that from? Can't seem to find any image matches via the four image searches (iqdb, google, tineye, saucenao).

I have no idea but she's super cute isn't she.