As far as art goes, what's your absolute favorite card?

As far as art goes, what's your absolute favorite card?

No fucking contest.

Everything by Phil Foglio. I miss the days when magic art was whatever the artist felt like drawing.

This. I can't identify artists by looking at the pictures anymore and it bums me out.

This card. In my mind, other than Grislebrand, this was the best Demon ever printed, and with the best promo art I had ever seen. The regular art is OK, but not even close to the glory that is this.

It's my favorite card for a few reasons.

This card has always been a favorite of mine since I first started mtg back in 2000.

It's my desktop background.

Terrible card tho

What does that card do again?

THIS CARD LETS ME DRAW TWO MORE CARDS FROM MY DECK

>Having this taste this shit

he's mad as fuck at scarecrows

calm down, dude

Anything by Mark Tedin, Rebeca Guay, Ron Spencer or Terese Nielsen.

Oh my god this brings me back.

That spirit rider from Shadows

just look at the little guy

NOW I ACTIVATE MY POT OF GREED
WHICH ALLOWS ME TO DRAW 2 CARDS FROM MY DECK

I love Ryan Alexander Lee

Also Terese Nielsen and Nils Hamm have the coolest aesthetics.

>Nils Hamm

Thank you, first time I see someone mentioning him other than me

Those fucking things are evil

I haven't played card games in a long time, but I think I remember a MTG card that showed a goblin sneaking through a dungeon. I remember liking that, and all the goblin cards a lot.

I also always enjoyed the weirder pokemon cards. Ones that looked like a big detachment from official art.

What's the best land art?

It's always islands

Not that guy, but I have Baleful Strix as my phone wallpaper for the longest time.

Baleful Strix is so fricking gorgeous

Gotta love the shaolin-esque looks

This reminds me of that user with dozens of dreg manglers

If you read this, please, bless us with pics of your collection

Or the one with a ton of Gruul Guildmages.

>Out with friends in the woods
>Tripping balls on shrooms like responsible adults
>Phone buzzes from a text
>Get sidetracked by my wallpaper
>Proceed to get lost in its baleful stare

As gay as it sounds, I adopted the strix as somewhat of a personal symbol since.

Never seen that one

Superior art coming through.

That art doesn't even make sense. They kept the flavor text about how he thinks he doesn't need training, but in the art he's training.

Yes. YES.

I still wonder to this day what the fuck that fifth head is doing all the way offscreen.

Is that guy supposed to be a giant, or are the buildings supposed to be far away?

I immediately liked him when I pulled the card out of a booster pack.
Really looks like he's about to fuck shit up.
Plus he saved my ass a few times when we played Tarkir block with my mates.

Back at your house fucking your mom.

It's supposed to be a low-angle shot where he's right about to step on the camera

Legends has some great art.

Or the one with two dozen expedition scalding tarns.

Personally, I love this promo myself. Not my favorite ever but its so much better than the actual art in the set.

The one where the monkeys are fucking.

Are you sure?

Sup Virt

very hard to say
I like the mana myrs, Sundering Titan, Akroma, Eastern/Western Paladin, all the Incarnation cards, Rhox, It That Betrays etc etc
My list is too long so I cant pick a favorite. Pic related comes close though

Even though thats kinda gay, owls are sick and the strix is even sicker dude

That vampire girl with the huge horsecock

Olivia Voldaren. In the art it's just a bulge in her dress. How do you know what kind of cock it is, eh? :)

Basically anything from Shadowmoor/Eventide. The contrast between the rough, sketchy, xerographed look and the watercolor style was great.

>Guys, you should see this cow right here! It's freaking hilarious!
>Goddamn Keith, were seeding the land with destruction here!
>No but this cow, you should see it!

The lesbian werewolf hunters.

When I was 8, I traded for this from an older kid at an after school games club thing. To this day, I don't know what I gave him.
I can only dread to think what 8 year old me deemed 'worse' than a 9/8 FLYING WITH TRAMPLE YEAH!

Still though, I do love it because it reminds me of a time before I knew what Mirrodin or the Levellers or Memnarch were, and had no means to find out because the internet was still dial-up and wikis didn't exist. It was a window into a mysterious fantasy world, printed onto a card. I use it in as many decks as I can get away with.

I don't think I have a favorite card art, but this one struck me as being really beautiful when I first saw it

Excuse me, faggot?

Each head represents a color. That head represents red.

I love the shit out of this card. I have so many as I would always ask for them as a top off in trades I made at the time.

>posting a shitty "forest"
get that shit outta my face, maggot

That's a pretty good forest too, dog. We can both coexist.

Those pokemon cards with the clay/plasticine/whatever they were sculptures.

Not my absolute favorite, but I've fallen in love with the art for Pale Rider of Trostad.

Seb McKinnon doesn't hit every time, but I think that's mostly material. Theros and Tarkir art all felt bad because it was boring. Innistrad always lets artists do fun stuff.

I long for the return to Lorwyn we'll never get.

hard to pick just one

I would kill for this in foil.

Some of the core sets have some really underrated basics

There may be a lot of disappointing art in ANR, but it has its strong moments.

Good ol non-$200 Terese Nielsen Island.

I want that extra effect to be worth that extra mana... but it's just not.
Reprint in standard would be awesome.

I still play meditate. Fun shit.

shame the new borders are ass

>machetes in shoulderpads
>he can use a slingshot to shoot himself towards dragons and wreck them

Daaaaamn

Great choice, user

I started playing during Kamigawa partly because of the crazy art.

This is by far my favourite card and one of the few really great ones ever made, all of which came out within the first few editions. I didn't collect magic when I was young, I was 9 or so when it started but I used to get cards as free gifts in comics and I loved them. This card sums up the 90s analogue art and the unique feel they had then.

It's genuinely sad that it will seem like I'm memeing and the hate this card gets is one of the most revealing things about magic as a whole.

Definitely best art of the set, as well as one of the best card arts in years.

I prefer the newer art, and I don't really think that the Statis art has anything to do with the flavour of the game as a whole, and that's okay, because early on the game didn't know what it was doing either way.

You're entitled to your opinion and I won't stop you from liking it, but I'm happy you're not in charge.

Never played dark souls did you?

As a rule, anything Rebecca Guay is amazing, but I have to say her Serra Angel. I also love Sylvan Echoes, wish it was even slightly playable.

Honorary mentions go to the Lorwyn versions of Oblivion Ring and Ponder.

Gettin some that dick.

OG dark rit had the best art everything else was a step down

Right here. Saiyan Truce Card.

Neah, this is.

It's a dumb meme card but I still love it

Skull servant has actually recieved a surprising amount of support over the years, which is to say more than zero. Still an unusably slow archetype, but the fact that it even IS an archetype rather than just another of the silly and laughably underpowered fossils of first gen just goes to show the power of being a meme

Not sure if I could pick my favorite art, but this is my favorite foil.

always been my favorite, always gonna be my favorite

it has the insistent power of a nightmare.

Visa raid better.

The fuck, auto correct?

*Visara is better

I'm not sure I agree with you a hundred percent on your police work, there, Lou.

Looking at how random that auto correct is, I think I just activated the Winter Soldier.

>some spooky vampire lady with horns and big honkin' tits
vs
>creepy three armed woman(?) whose so evil and terrible that the awful things she does are on a representational level rather than a literal one

Gorgon, buddy. She can fly faster than you can run, she can a add your defenses to come for your face.

Anything you believe in to protect you from the monsters of the night, she will destroy with ease in front of your very eyes.

She looks like the stuff nightmares are made of, so horrifying that if she came after you in the night, you'd shit yourself.

And she doesn't afraid of anything. Cast Griselbrand? Dead. Cast Jin-Gitaxius? Dead. Cast Emrakul? Dead.

She IS the Boogeyman.

Damn auto correct.

*She can evade your defenses

This guy. The art just feels primeval

>big honkin' tits
There is literally nothing wrong with big boobs, don't you bully her

Adam Rex's early pieces were fantastic. He quit after he had to make the 10th Edition art for Terror

Always preferred this flavor text.

Her tits are actually really nice. Just paper sack her up and you're good.

Bar none my favorite piece of card art