Looking for feedback on a M&M campaign I'm gonna be trying

Ok so here's the deal it's M&M 3rd edition. because the books were easy to come by. Have a party of:
>Young female martial artist (see batgirl)
>50 year old Speedster guy
>Teen Werewolf
>20ish year old witch.

So here's whats up, asked players for input on what they wanted to do, got something like the avengers and something kinda dark.
My thoughts "Suicide squad meets Skrull invasion in the near future". And I'm hoping to get some opinions, basically would you guys give the game a shot?

Sure.

The more I read about Jared Leto's Joker, the more I realize just how crazy he's going to be in that movie.

>At one point in the middle of filming, Jared went really crazy during lunch break in front of all the catering people; in front of most of the cast and crew. He, and I’m being serious, he took a carton of milk and – listen – he drank straight from the bottle. Straight from the bottle! Nobody could believe it. He just drank like it was nothing even though there were some glasses right next to him! After he finished he smiled and said ‘got milk?’ and then started laughing wildly. I had to ask him to stop because everyone, including myself, was getting really scared… He’s going to be something else in this movie, I tell you. People are NOT ready.

Well here's one thing I'm trying to figure out, how should I "get" the "heroes" involved in the program?

Would it be better to play it out, with them getting captured, fighting the government agency and getting rolled into the program or just to have them all have been snatched in the night kinda thing?

You should tell the players that they all need to come up with reasons for why their characters are part of the program.

If someone says "I can't think of a reason!", then they need to make a different character.

that's the problem I'm having though, their characters shouldn't necessarily want to be part of the program.

Well, there you go. The characters have all been individually press-ganged into this organization for one reason or another. Browbeat them and give them a little bit of incentive to stick around; you have to dangle a carrot to get them to follow.

>that's the problem I'm having though, their characters shouldn't necessarily want to be part of the program.

Re-read what I posted.

>You should tell the PLAYERS that they all need to come up with reasons for why their CHARACTERS are part of the program.

It's fine for the actual PCs to be forced into it, but the players should be responsible for coming up with the circumstances that led to their characters being involved.

This makes much more sense than what I originally thought. My first instinct was something like subdermal explosives or something, but letting them decide would allow for much more roleplay possibility. I mean you're not gonna go on a literal suicide mission because they'll kill you otherwise but you might to protect your family.

This isn't funny and neither are you.

>This isn't funny and neither are you.
It's copypasta, user.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about Jared Leto, you little bitch? I’ll have you know he graduated top of his class in the Navy Seals, and has been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. He's trained in gorilla warfare and is the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to him but just another target. Jared Leto will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit about him over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak he is contacting he secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. Jared Leto can be anywhere, anytime, and can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with his bare hands. Not only is he extensively trained in unarmed combat, but he has access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. Jared Leto will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

>Al-Quaeda
Man, that pasta is really getting dated.

>the time will come, more soon than you realize, when 18 year old posters on Veeky Forums fail to understand old Veeky Forums copypasta because the circumstances described within are too foreign to their modern world

Fuck should have edited it to be ISIS.

My point still stands, I think. Unless you think pasta is funny, which I'll try not to make fun of you for.

Just pointing out that you were incorrect to believe that the user who posted it was the same person as the original author.

Any ways, thanks for the help man, I'm gonna get off here and finish throwing together the first session.

Wow, so you DO think pasta is funny. What a nerd.

The 50 year old speedster is a funny subversion and yeah, I would play your game. The noblebright in a lot of superhero fic turns me off from a lot of the genre.

>thinking that anyone cares

If it's a suicide squad thing, ask your players to explain a circumstance that has lead to their arrest for something that would warrant lifestimes arrest. IT doesn't even have to be a true accusation (though no more than one person should be innocent), but something that sets up the premise of the game: Work for a black ops unit in return for eventual freedom.
Also, isn't the speedster on an insanely different power level than all these other guys?

And I would suggest having an NPC lead, like rick flag, an unpowered human with fingers to their detonators, following them on the missions, leading them, atleast initially.
>suicide squad meets skrull invasion
If it's the skrull, why not it off in peace time, investigating skrull infiltration? And ofcourse, make the twist that they accidentally worked for an infiltrator Skrull to take out his competition.

They were actually all made with the quickstart guide for M&M 3rd, so they should be on the same-ish power level.

And that's actually where I'm starting them off. Basically the invasion is still in the secretive bits, but Big Brother Government has noticed a bit uptick in super powered crime centered around theft of weaponry, tech etc...

Fuck, forgot to finish my response.
>make the twist that they accidentally worked for an infiltrator Skrull to take out his competition

That twist is fantastic, and fits with the theme I was wanting, because the missions were gonna be to bring these people in, alive so they could study them and the taking out the competition angle works awesome for that.