D&D 3.5

Hi you guys, Im new to this board but can I get some advice about D&D 3.5
I have a Tiefling Rogue/Wizard and I'd like to get some advice about spells and builds
Thanks in advance
Pic not related

>Hi you guys, Im new to this board but can I get some advice about D&D 3.5
Play 5e instead. That's all the advice you'll ever need.

I'm not in charge, so I cant really do that

>Tiefling
>Rogue Wizard
The fuck are you doing? Try to buy off your LA and take the Unseen Seer PrC to recoup from that. If you can't do either of those, you're probably fucked.

We are low level, so Unseen Seer wasnt possible yet, but I was going to do that, and I made a deal with the dm about LA so thats not a problem

But im training to go for Arcane Trickster now, do i need special items/spells?

Okay, without LA this isn't nearly as much of a problem. The thing with Arcane Trickster is that while it's an okay class to take, you want to get into it from Unseen Seer boosting your Sneak Attack so that it qualifies without crippling your spellcasting progression.

Find a new group. Or stop worrying about numbers and just have fun. Don't ask Veeky Forums, just play whatever is fun. Don't worry about doing damage, just have fun in combat. If you die, make a new character, if your not having fun, leave or make a new character after a heroic death. Which is fun.
But on top of all that, make sure you don't take away from your groups fun either

Don't forget it's a GAME

Just keep being a Wizard. It's one of the best classes in the game by far.

If he started with a level of Rogue (for skills and shit), he could transition into Wizard/Unseen Seer or Spellwarp Sniper pretty easy.

So depending on OP's level, he's going to want Color Spray, Silent Image, Nerveskitter, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Shadow Spray, Charm Person and Rope Trick. For generic useful spells, look up "Spells that fvcking kill people".

Remember that things like Scorching Ray and the Orb of X spells can trigger Sneak Attack.

Did you get lost? The Big Purple is that waym

Since you didn't specify, I'm going to assume all books are available to you.
What you need to do is take your first level in Rogue. This will be your only level in Rogue (unless you REALLY want Evasion).
Take four levels in Wizard, specialize in Illusion if you want to mess with people, Conjuration if you want to do everything, Evocation if you want to be a blaster (not recommended).
At 6th level, go into Unseen Seer. Take all 10 levels. Use your Advanced Learning class feature to grab spells that Wizards can't normally take. Hunter's Eye (Player's Handbook 2, p.114) is a good example.
After that, finish off with more levels in Wizard or Arcane Trickster.

For feats, you'll want Practiced Spellcaster (Complete Arcane p.82) to offset the caster level loss from Divine Spell Power.
You'll also want Darkstalker (Lords of Madness p.179) so things with special senses won't automatically find you.
If you want to be cheesy, swap out your Rogue level for a level in Spellthief. You still get most of the Rogue goodies, and it opens up the Master Spellthief feat (Complete Scoundrel p.79), which is pure gold.
Don't take any feats that enhance your melee capabilities. Your BAB and HP are low enough that you'll just get yourself killed.

Play Fantasycraft instead. That's all the advice you'll ever need.

Conjuration or Illusion are SO FUCKING GOOD.

He is probably having fun ROLEPLAYING a character... but noone on this board would understand that.

He's a tiefling user, he doesn't want to roleplay, and if he does it isn't gonna be pretty.

>I don't know what trap options are
Fuck off, retard.

OP here, thanks! I'll look into it and discuss with my dm about the options

Literally kill yourself, cancer.

Here's my advice:
Don't listen to idiots like these who just repeat all the trite bullshit they hear Spoony say. You can cheese the game, SO HARD. I once had a Fighter on my team one-hit-kill an Ancient Red Dragon that tried to swallow him. Because of what he did, and how the rules in general are worded, you can let tons of shit slide.

Also, people talk about "options" and how the wizard is so much more useful, but tend to leave out small details, SUCH AS, an ordinary house cat is capable of killing a level 1 and even level 2 wizard in a one on one fight. Also, you will want to ROLEPLAY COMBAT.may help you have more fun as a melee player, for instance, firing an arrow does nothing really. But firing an arrow at the EYE of an enemy, well, the GM can't just say "he takes XX damage" and then move to the next character you see because it'll make the DM look bad if he can't go along with the "roleplaying", so almost always, they'll throw in a penalty against the enemy. Some DM's throw this kind of improvisation in themselves, since after all, it's a "roleplaying game" to begin with.

Just really simple shit like that. Be mindful, and don't let the games books spell everything out for you.

P.S. Find out what kind of campaign this is, because if Demons are involved, being a non-divine spellcaster is fucking retarded.

Its a custom made campaign, we mostly fought undead so my sneak attack was rather useless vs them, we are exploring a part where we can hear chains at night so it can be a chain devil, but the party has a human sorcerer, dwarf tank/cleric and a tank mindflayer. We are all fairly new to d&d and the mindflayer just joined cause our last member got kicked from the group cause he wasnt taking it serious. If I go for the arcane trickster I will still have divine spells but I like the rogue part about it too

I mixed up arcane and divine...

>Also, you will want to ROLEPLAY COMBAT.may help you have more fun as a melee player, for instance, firing an arrow does nothing really. But firing an arrow at the EYE of an enemy, well, the GM can't just say "he takes XX damage"
You are a fucking idiot. Yes, they can and the vaaast majority of the time? WILL. Because hitpoints aren't fucking meatpoints, you goddamn idiot, and they never have been.

And want to know the other thing? If you can do shit like shoot people in the eye? SO CAN THE PEOPLE YOU ARE FUCKING FIGHTING. You have to get lucky every single time.

They get lucky once, and you're blind forever. Don't try to play that game, it's going to end badly for you.

Nah, there's never harm in asking for the GM to throw in a little extra. It'll make the combat livelier and more enjoyable for everyone, so odds are he'll go with the flow. Him doing it to your character is not an issue, since there's the unspoken gentleman's agreement of him not fucking over your character too badly. The GM could kill your character any time they wanted, but then they wouldn't have any players for long, after all.

No, fucker. If you can do it, so can they. This is not a road you want to go down.

If you don't want it to happen, don't try to do it, because force is met with force. And if you're going to cry and leave because how DARE someone do what you just did back to you? Then I don't think you'll find any tables to welcome you.

>3.5
>tiefling
>caster
>builds

>All those retards taking the bait

Its not even bait, if you read a bit further you could have seen that everyone but the dm is pretty new to d&d