>poorfags
mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/[WtF]The_Pack.PDF

>Question
Favorite antagonists?

Other urls found in this thread:

a.uguu.se/oZs2z0QX4iyF_DarkEras.pdf
a.uguu.se/qEdmW2PGRj4M_ChroniclesofDarkness-DarkEras.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A lich isn't an immortal Mage. A lich is a Mage who achieved immortality through abhorrent, hubristic ways.

Really says a lot about the Tremere then, doesn't it?

>Because almost every route involves doing harm to others, or turns you into something less than human that ultimately drives you crazy
Okay. For example, how does turning oneself into spirit or Temenos mage harm others? Or weaving Life-prolonging spells into a body?

>favorite antagonists
Gay Pure.

See

>Favorite antagonists?
Demons from hunter perspective.

Tremere are Reaper Lich Banishers.

>or turns you into something less than human that ultimately drives you crazy
I believe you also can't sustain yourself on Life spells alone.

I love the Seers, honestly. So willing to throw away they're freedom for luxury or fake power.

>The only thing that a Lich will not do is give in to death. For all his posturing, the real drive that forces a Lich to stave off the end is simple fear. Humans can learn to accept death, but a Lich lives in constant fear of his magic failing and the reaper catching up.

Avoiding death makes you do stupid, evil shit.

Death is only the enemy of the stupid.

When I don't understand that's wrong with seeking immortality in general. Core says that it's essentially fear of death, but that's doesn't sound right.

>An inexperienced mage may use indefinite Life and Death spells to stave off the end, often using cars or tattoos as Yantras to bind the magic into his body.

You can be a Centimani for a while before returning on the Pilgrimage. And being human is okay for almost everyone, since our benevolent lords have made it easy for mortals to prosper.
>favorite antagonists
Mages. Fuck Mages. And Werewolves. Fuck them too.

>Favorite antagonists?
Hunters.

>antagonists?
>Hunters.

Them's dead monster words

>Favorite antagonists?
I prefer crazy spirits, ghosts and spells gone rogue. I also always use line antags when I don't crossover.

I said "I believe you also can't sustain yourself on Life spells alone".
For instance, if those tattoos get bruised, the spell ends.

Well, the trick is not getting them bruised or destroyed then. It's not a perfect use, but certainly harmless to everyone else.

Immortality is bad. Just look at vampires.

That's why time magic is better for extending your life than, well, life.

But Purified are awesome

You can write a portrait of yourself and keep it like pretentious fuck you are.

That's why they're not going to get a 2e update.

And what are you going to do to ensure your tattoos remain unmolested?

You can't just focus you magic inwards, you'll have to keep people away entirely somehow and make others think twice about trying - driving them mad or turning them into stone seems solid.

>That's why they're not going to get a 2e update

But then you'll eventually see how hideous and horrible the portrait is and try to stab it, then everyone comes into your study and finds a handsome portrait of you with a dead gross old goblin in front of it.

You don't have to have books with rules for them, because you can just do it yourself easily.

I already have, but it still hurts

I will never understand why people are so in love with Purified, and I'll never understand why people feel playing them in 2e would be so difficult. They've never seemed interesting to me. They're one of those things that has all of this fluff that says how difficult it would be to play one in the party, or to have a character that wants to become one as a character concept.

>And what are you going to do to ensure your tattoos remain unmolested?
Making my skin steel hard would help.

>You can't just focus you magic inwards
Sure you can. Most elderly people seclude in one degree or another; and mages have a fuckton of ways to be utterly independent of the world. And you always can pursue Imperial Mysteries to keep yourself busy and no bored.

>and mages have a fuckton of ways to be utterly independent of the world

And cabals exist because that road leads diretly to Wisdom Zero-town

>antagonists

having a cabal has anything to do with wisdom?

Solo mages go mad

Since when? And how do they do?

Solo Mages don't go Mad
Solo Mages get ganked
Cabals exist because the Wise Mage realizes that they can't defend themselves from everything, so they group up with some other Mages to cover each other's backs.

>he Wise Mage realizes that they can't defend themselves from everything
that's more of a low wisdom paranoid mage thing
there's no special danger in being a solitary
and there's no guarantee cabalmates are going to cover your back

No, but a lone Thyrsus is gonna have partial incentive to join a cabal with non-Thyrsoi because they're going to be good at the things he isn't and the wise mage knows that it's better to have friends who are good at the things you aren't, so you don't have to go around sucking dicks to get info on something that falls outside your Path.

>t a lone Thyrsus is gonna have partial incentive to join a cabal with non-Thyrsoi because they're going to be good at the things he isn't
first of all, the idea that mages want to or need to master all arcana is something that only exxists in white room arguments about them being all powerful
second, nothing keeps you from learning all the arcana you want once you got enough gnosis

I think the idea is that if you're going to do anything crazy Obsessive, your Cabal-mates pull you back. Being solitary doesn't necessarily make you Mad, and having friends is not always enough, but the odds shift accordingly. It's just conjecture, though.

Dark Eras is out if you don't have it already.

Time traveller be warned - Mage 2e is shit.

You must tell the people, lower their expectations before it's too late

Dark Eras just officially came out. Previously only KS backers and leeches had it.

>only KS backers and leeches

So everyone?

OP's been pirating the Pack for a while now

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

I'm a God-damned wizard! I'm not going to just give up the great game and gift that is life because some ancient evolutionary pressure to make way for the next generation says I should. Fight the long night, take up medicine and Life to remove the reasons for death one by one. Take up Death to better learn the enemy and defeat it through understanding. Call upon Forces and Prime and Matter to kick scarcity and entropy in the balls.

All of this 'it is wise to accept death with dignity' stuff is just Stockholm's syndrome and giving in to hopelessness.

All that time you spent obsessing about dying could have been spent unlocking the Imperial Practices

Liches are mugs because they're too short-sighted, they obsess over something that shouldn't even be on their radar

This. If you are going to die anyway, might as well risk everything to become a god.

I like them for the narrative use. Sure they're not super durable, but they will always keep coming back. I've folded them into my werewolf games pretty frequently as something that wolf -blooded who never change might reach for to better help their people and get past an inferiority complex.

From a player standpoint it's fun to get into the right frame of mind and the siddhi have some interesting and easily used abilities. I've been debating doing an underworld based version for use in a sin-eater game that would be able to learn ghostly numina and just swap shadow/underworld in their normal rules.

>siddhi

The dicepools for these are so arbitrary, what the hell were the writers on

Mage 2e?

Surprising absolutely no one, my favorite antagonists are the Deceived. They hammer home Mummy's theme of "power is a chain you wrap around yourself" so well, with literal gods living within them... and making their eternal lives a living hell.

Other special shoutouts go to pretty much any Hunter group being used as baddies in a non-Hunter game; Division Six and the Knights of St. George spice up any Mage chronicle.

namefags never stop being pretentious

What? No, they're talking about Purified Siddhi.

1e blue books in a nutshell. Hell, a lot of the gameline stuff.

But most of the people talking about Purified I've seen don't get into the frame of mind. They just see it as immortality, not a long term trying and difficult goal that involves an entire lifetime of dedication and research. They treat it as just a magical template you can be and get all these cool powers.

>They treat it as just a magical template you can be and get all these cool powers

That's exactly what they are.

Purified already won - they're immortal and have super-powers despite being basically still human.

It's not until the fact that they can see EVERYTHING in Twilight (and unlike Sin-Eaters, can't tun it off), they are super vulnerable to basically everything when out of their bodies, and spirits viewing them as basically a walking essence-hamburger that being starts to get on your nerves a bit.

Purified are awesome until you actually are one.

They're not basically still human, though. They've spent untold years trying to become Spirits. They're about as human as the Uratha.

>They're not basically still human, though.

They're as human as Mages.

No they're not. They've literally become spirit beings.

The're physically unchanged. If your soul being irreversibly changed makes you non-human, then how are Mages any different?

"Soul+" is not the same as becoming a spirit being. I don't think Purified even have Souls.

Sin-eaters are closer to purified than mages. And mages are still fundamentally human, they just see past the lie.

Wow, racist and sexist much?

Purified have souls, they're just a little loose in their bodies.

To be fair, Mages don't have their Souls changed. They just have Gnosis wrapped tightly around them. Still, nothing suggests Purified are transformed mentally. Living with Spirits for a couple centuries, however, is a different matter.

they can also get dispelled by any mage willing to try.

I didn't said it was the perfect way. But it beats dying in 70 years just because you was too much of a pussy to try.

you will be skeletonized by dissonance or your own angry wizard son/grandson. Just become a dream monster like Baphomet.

The dark eras PDF up anywhere? Can't seem to find it in the archive.

Go buy it.

I didn't say they want or need to master all arcana. I'm literally saying the opposite: They AREN'T going to Master all the arcana, and they know this, and that's why they form Cabals; so they can work with people who have Mastered the Arcana they have no plans to.

>nothing keeps you from learning all the arcana you want once you got enough gnosis
Nothing keeps you from being killed before you get dots in all the arcana, either, fampai

and I was saying that they'll never need access to all the arcana in the first place, trhough others or their own study

The mysteries they encounter are very rarely going to always be in their area of expertise.

A Dreamspeaker Thyrsus(Mind, Spirit, Life) is going to want the help of an Acanthus if they run into any sort of Time- or Fate-related Mystery.
Cabals form because Mages realized that having friends who can do the things you can't, in ANY situation, is valuable. Especially when you're investigating Mysterious shit.

>He doesn't know about the secret website with all the WW/OP pdfs

Except Moros because everyone can do what the Moros do and better

Veeky Forums.org/tg/?

Pastebin. Actually, that one probably expired, because I can't be assed to upload it somewhere permanent.
a.uguu.se/oZs2z0QX4iyF_DarkEras.pdf

>Favorite antagonists?
Stuff that's tangent to the PCs' splat/powerset, but equal or weaker in terms of actual/raw power.
EG a vampire coven having to deal with a mosquito-spirit-claimed, or a werewolf pack vs a Fractal whose shenanigans are fucking up the local spiritscape.

>Favorite antagonists?
Angels. Everytime my ST has them show up they're that perfect mix of weird and scary.

>Favorite antagonists?
Creatures of the Hedge. It's a perfect excuse for anachronistic hodge-podge monsters and creatures which are both horrible and beautiful.

Have a bookmarked one. a.uguu.se/qEdmW2PGRj4M_ChroniclesofDarkness-DarkEras.pdf

You just gave me a plot hook idea of having a krewe go fetch a draft of the river of dead seed so a Purified exWolf-Blooded can try to help his pack out with babies.

I was always a little upset that the history for most Purified had them being accomplished and competent occultist that managed to work with spirits and not go mad or catch a case of the meatpuppet, yet they lose all of it the moment they change.

I think the running idea was that the Purified did *something* to their souls that allowed them to act like a spirit instead and exist fully separate from their bodies. This is part of the reason why it mentions in the book that mages are one of the things they avoid, because a mage with decent spirit/death can trap a Purified as if a spirit/disembodied soul.

G-M Angels or something different?

Why live forever in a cage when you could be trying to break out of it. Supernal entities are immortal in their own right AND utterly free of the Lie.

Does anyone have the new Dark Eras PDF with the included errata?

Because the cage is where the steak is.

But in the Supernal, you can BE steak.

You can have your steak, I'll be off having a good time with the Platonistic concept of Angelic Blowjobs.

Best description of ascension I've heard yet.

Have fun, its pretty good, I just got done summoning it. Now off to watch a movie. And get a nice nights sleep. And dream. All those comfy things Supernal entities don't do.

Of course not, they don't need them.
They are forever wakeful and without the frailties of the flesh, and can explore and experience the full majesty of the Supernal, which is a realm reflecting (or which reflects) the sum total of existence, containing within it every possible thing you could ever dream of.

Supernal don't do, so much as are, those things. They become the symbols of what matters to them. If that's movies, sleep and dream (and you somehow got off your ass long enough to figure a way out), you may well become those symbols.

>containing within it every possible thing you could ever dream of.
It contains the perfect form. But it's static, unchanging unless altered from the outside.

It's not a fun place, there's a reason the Exarches fiddle around in the Fallen World.

>you may well become those symbols.
You may well become one symbol. As a human you can remain a healthy and multifaceted person. Flawed in concept but for that you're a beautiful snowflake.

The Supernal contains all forms, including forms that are perfect in their imperfections.

The Exarchs fiddle around in the Fallen World because left to their own devices, Fallen World mages might one day be a threat to them.

Dude, when you ascend , you become a perfected version of yourself. It's a positive thing. You can send an ochemata to the fallen and live vicariously through that.

>Favorite antagonists?
The Shartha, because they're probably the creepiest and most loathsome antagonists out there.

>Favorite antagonists?

The white man

And you haven't read the books.

Trump would be a Moros, that way he could build a better wall.

I have a question for people more experienced in running Mage(1e or 2e, I guess)
What works out better, throwing your players antagonists they have the Arcana to deal with(EG, throwing an army of spirits at a group where multiple people have Spirit)? Or throwing them antags they're unprepared for(EG, throwing that same spirit army at a group with 0 dots in Spirit across the whole cabal)?

Follow-up question: Where do Acamoth and Gulmoth fit, here?
I'm not actually sure if, Acamoth would be affected by Mind the same way a Goetia would, or a Gulmoth by Spirit as Spirits would, and I'm trying to decide if my plan B antag will actually work or not.

You shouldn't throw an army of spirits at them, period. The theme is mystery, not supernatural war. BUT, start them in their comfort zone, then diverge, so they have to either think outdid the box, or get outside help.

I was exaggerating.
My second question still stands; how exactly to Acamoth and Gulmoth interact with the various Arcana? Does Spirit treat Gulmoth as no different than normal Spirits? Could a Gulmoth be affected by Life, or Matter?

I think they still fall under mind and spirit. But, worth noting, other Arcanum can still effect them, if applicable. If a gulmoth or spirit is manifested, you can still use Matter to drop a boulder on them.