Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Lycanthrope edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
>pastebin.com/5F8RNubX (embed) (embed)

Ultimate Equipment Errata (updated 5/19)
>paizo.com/products/btpy8tmc?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Ultimate-Equipment

Please search for the Uneratta'd content here. Save them, and wait for Nerfonomicon user to compile them.
web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/B3twtU4V
docs.google.com/document/d/1FcMpsY7ancpaWiBpFhI_jlARL8p2OXZhaFxAjzJCyW4/edit
d20pfsrd.com/magic#TOC-Transmutation
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/creature-types#subtype-shapechanger
d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Lycanthrope Edition

WHICH IS THE BETTER SKINWALKER FOR MARTIALING HARD, CROC OR SHARK?

So since I got brought up last thread, I might as well repost something I tossed out to get opinions on a month or so ago... But got no feedback on. So fuck me up and rip it apart.

An attempt to make an alternative to the Promethean Alchemist's Homunculus:
pastebin.com/B3twtU4V

>"but prometheanfag, this is WAY better/worse than what the archetype normally gets! It also may or may not be utterly pointless!"
That's because I am bad at this, and have no idea what I'm doing. I just like the idea of homebrewing, so I throw things at the wall and see if anything sticks.

Shark, since Croc will hurt your Will Saves. Personally, I prefer Wolf

not being based ragebred
it is like you don't even tusk

You say something bacon?

yeah, like how crocs and sharks are pussies
come at me bro

Oh right, lycanthropes. Anyone with questions about Lords of the Wild, I'm going to be around for a while.
docs.google.com/document/d/1FcMpsY7ancpaWiBpFhI_jlARL8p2OXZhaFxAjzJCyW4/edit

I'd rather not answer questions about Chimera Soul, since that's more Elric's department than mine, but feel free to tear into the rest of it.

Also, if whoever runs the trove is around, could I get this added to it?

>you will never be a Small Ragebred Cavalier with a Boar mount

Why even pig?

>literally becoming Momiji

Uh werebats where?

Somebody talk me out of buying the kineticists of porphyra books (or at least the first one).

What's wrong with Momiji?

The focus of the book is on werewolves, but if you want werebats I'd suggest looking into taking the Swiftwing Shift feat.

YOUR MEMES END HERE

So if I have chimera soul, I qualify for shifting feats right?

Actually, anyone can take shifting feats. The shapeshifter subtype (which knowing a Chimera Soul maneuver gives you) allows you to add [Shifting] to your options on any restricted bonus feats you get (for example, Fighter combat feats). So it helps some classes accelerate their shifting feat progression

So with that trait to get 1 maneuver known, I can get the [Shifting] subtype with ease?

Don't sexualize Momiji!

What's the meme? I'd say that Momiji works excellently as a Witchwolf Ordained Defender Warder. Unless you have a better class for her?

>what's the meme?

You and your "awoo."

Nothing's wrong with being a Tengu guard dog.

As things stand, you get the Shapeshifter subtype, which allows you to add [Shifting] feats to your restricted bonus feat lists, yes. Being a playtest, if it creates too many issues things might change, but I don't personally think there would be any issues.

>Momiji
>Implying I'm not playing as Perrin Atbara or John Talbain
Jokes on you prey

I wouldn't worry about it.

Momiji fits better as an Agathion-Blooded Aasimar, since one's a celestial bloodline and the other's literally a Celestial Dog.

Without getting into 3pp, is there any class or multiclass that can result in "I can live under the ocean comfortably" at a reasonable level, say between 7th and 10th?

For both of these, I meant the shapechanger subtype, not shapeshifter. I always get that wrong (shapeshifter just sounds cooler, imo)

The first big problem that comes to mind is shapeshifter immunity to polymorph effects, which could be a pretty big thing in some games.

I'm 90% sure most people would relish an immunity to getting turned into a dog or mouse.

Holy hell that image is adorable.

But she's a wolf! A WOLF!

Druid? Other than turning into an aquatic animal(or undead), I don't think you can live under ocean comfortably short of building an entire habitat there. Permanent water breathing might allow you to survive, and any caster with crafting feats and some gold can manage that, but that's a far cry from living comfortably.

There are races that can.

[citation needed]

As far as I can tell, shapechangers are immune to Baleful Polymorph. They are not immune to polymorph effects.

d20pfsrd.com/magic#TOC-Transmutation
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/creature-types#subtype-shapechanger

If there's something outside both the subtype and the polymorphing rules that states it, it'd be great to see.

Shapechanger just let you count as a shapeshifter for prereqs i a pretty sure. You aren't really shapeshifter type with a trait.

Shapechanger subtype is a specific subtype that doesn't add much except for things that specifically interact with it.

There are positive polymorph effects too, and what fun/challenge is left if you start getting immunities to everything?

Might just be me though. I can't imagine any sense of accomplishment from playing PoW, same thing with full casters

Well the idea was a Wolf-Scarred Face oracle with the waves mystery, refluff the curse as shark face and tske a dip or multiclass to actually live in water. Vital strike with the bite of course.

There's no immunity. It's a myth.

You're not immune to it though. Some shapechangers can standard-action revert the effects of a polymorph, but it's not an immunity and not all of them can do so.

Ah, that's what I was thinking of. Thanks for remembering better than I did.

i wish we had stats for those were-velociraptors in that AP in the giant spaceship with the killer god AI.

Which disciplines can gain any sort of resistance to magic including things which operate similarly to iron heart surge?

Iron Tortoise, Riven Hourglass, Shattered Mirror, and I wanna say Fool's Errand all have elements of this. SM is the oddest to use of those, but [BIASED OPINION]pretty rewarding[/BIASED AF]

Riven Hourglass has Temporal Body Adjustment.
Scarlet Throne has Sanguine Perseverance.

By the way, in connection to this, has anyone got idea for renaming "Size Shift"? I'm still not happy with that name, but I'm drawing a blank on good ones.

What book do they show up in? I might be able to work something out.

What would you say is the most "anime" protagonist of those especially given that it's on a zwei sentinel warder?

Fool's Errand Fool's Errand Fool's Errand

Monstrous Growth?

HER SHIELD IS WRONG. IT IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE A MAPLE LEAF ON IT.

STOP POSTING IMPOSTERS.

Momiji of the East?
More like Momiji the cute. CUTE!

The problem I have with both of these is that Size Shift also allows you to shrink.

Temporal Body Adjustment feels like the dodgiest maneuver in all of PoW to me.
It's good that it was nerfed to be a bit more tightly defined than the playtest but I still see its way to just NOPE out of any negative condition at any time with no roll having the potential to annoy a lot of GMs.
It's a huge 'fuck you' to any attempts to do something to the player other than damage them.

d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions

Even by a fairly strict RAW interpretation of it you can negate blinded, frightened, grappled, nauseated, energy drained, fatigued, helpless, unconscious, prone, or stunned.
And you don't even need the counter readied for a bunch of them, as long as you're still able to act you can just recover it and retroactively 'nope' out.
GMs will just give up trying to throw anything interesting at you and resort to beating on you with full attacks every turn.

Take a page out of Forrest's book and find a good pun for it.

i do not into dark souls

a former roommate ruined all the games for me, due to making thousands of 'different' characters - like a 'faith' character or a 'heavy weapon' character...and then playing them all the same way - run to dragon shrine, get infinite souls and use pyromancy to get through the game. Every character was played the same, no matter the build. I played enough of DaS1 to beat ornstein and smough, get the ornstein armor and then quit

Since the others also all have shift in the name, maybe something like Magnitude Shift.

It's the same as iron heart surge, all you need to do is remove the ability to take the action and they're screwed if it isn't readied.

Why is there another trip on here?

Fool's Errand has "fuck all of your immunities and protections, you're "notgrappled" now" that, used right, will autopin anyone, which unless you're fighting something with very deadly touch, is probably an instant win.

Except enemies can't always HAVE the ability to inflict those conditions.

It's the Lords of the Wild person, you silly billy, pay attention. And it's not like a tripcode is offensive to your delicate sensibilities anyway.

Because people can use tripcodes and that's just fine.

Don't whine because 'oh no someone is asserting some identity - no one should ever, ever do that'

It still encourages bad gameplay, because that leads to
>There is no way to inflict a medium level inconvenience on this character, I've got to either go all out and take them out of the fight for a few rounds, or do nothing

So we've turned into a personal advertising board for 3pps?

And my delicate sensibilities need velvet and lavender

Given that you have to roll a dispel check against it and make them fail TWO saves to pull that off, on top of needing to be in either the 3rd level or 8th level stance from FE... Yeah, that doesn't seem that bad.

Oh, I like that one. Many thanks, user.

Ehh you should have done something for each lycanthrope desu. Growing midget wings does not sound cool at all.

If he is not currently talking about the product then he should not have a tripcode. There is no reason for it. At the moment he is fine, but plenty have been using /pfg/ to simply wear tripcode and talk.

When have we ever not been an advertising board? Even before DSP started paying attention to feedback here, we ranted and raved about them.

Yeah, Temporal Body Adjustment has the same problem that all martials have. In order to make it stop you have to make them worthless.

Are you ladderguy
If you're talking about Make Them Humble, that's not so big a problem since it's specifically vs Freedom of Movement or similar effects: it doesn't work vs teleports or counters that just give you a really good reflex save.

The armor is pretty much exact expy of Shiva in DaS1 (sans shield and headwear). I wouldn't say it suits Momiji very well, always imagined her as leaning towards mobility and the armor is quite heavy.

You're roomate a shit, make sure to don't make them you're waifu. SL1 or bust!

They're a martial, most of the time when they get hit with a debuff that isn't part of an attack it's because it was AoE. It's not game breaking unless the DM builds to lock down the party at some point for plot reasons.

>So we've turned into a personal advertising board for 3pps?

>HURR DURR SHILL SHILL SHILL

Personally I don't mind having whatever devs here. I'd rather not have to travel to some retard forum to try and interact with them. Fuck off.

You faggots will complain about anything. Who the fuck cares about 'improper' tripcode use? Are you the fucking board police? arbiter of Veeky Forums?

No? Get fucked.

They why is complaining even happening?

He's here to talk about a thing he's working on, so by the bizzare laws governing the alleged Veeky Forums etiquette, he's alright.

Fool's Errand.

For full Anime Protagonist, take Fool's Errand and Sleeping Goddess.

Yeah. In order to do what the guy's talking about, you need to:

>be in a stance that lets you grasp them (or have grasped them last turn)
>use a boost and dispel their Freedom of Movement
>make them fail a second reflex save

There's three die rolls to stop that, one of which is a coinflip in a best-case scenario if they've got Freedom of Movement. Any counters that move them away will also stop the first grasp, and anything that subs for saves will stop the second.

Snake Bite (which it was apparently renamed to when the style feat changed) is good for a takedown but you could be using any of the numerous other similar save or lose strikes. It doesn't even stop them from trying to use move actions to escape your grasp, even.

I normally am on the side of anti tripfags because they usually don't add anything related to the thread which this guy isn't doing. This in turn makes you a huge faggot.

We're a community that provides feedback to the people who make material for the game we play. Paizo wants to come in here and deal with our horseshit, they're welcome - I'd chat to Mark Seifter or even Wes Schneider without telling them they're cocksuckers any day.

Bulmahn can go directly to hell after this UE errata bullshit though.

Let buildposter and qanon, 2hu and others to keep using their trips as well

Temporal Body Adjustment makes it way worse.
Sickened, deafened, fatigued, etc, maybe even Blind, are all reasonably interesting penalties to place onto martials for a fight that hinder them noticeably but don't make them useless.

TBA just removes the possibility of any of those, unless the GM bullshits and says 'you have this penalty now but it doesn't count as a Condition so you can't remove it'.
I guess if it's an environmental penalty that's justified but there's only so far you can stretch that

>You're roomate a shit
Yes, he was.

he also cheated on my best friend with a 'straight guy' 'by accident' and claimed it was 'too hard' to get home from work at the same mall I biked to every day... when he was writing the fucking schedules at his work place. Also made me absolutely hate several other games whenever he tried to participate because he was just a genuinely fucking awful person

That said I was never really big on the dark souls series anyways. They're visually and aesthetically pleasing, and they tell a story in an interesting way via the constant tidbits, I just never really cared for the gameplay. It wasn't ever particularly hard, just designed to be an exercise in not-actually all that impeding frustration, because death means very little so they can be 'unfair' to the player.

I wouldn't mind having a casual, friendly chat with JJ, if I'm honest.

He just seems to be a simple man with simple pleasures. He likes his CG characters, and that's fine. Let him write the CG-ish adventures, and leave the other ones to other writers.

2hu never uses a trip as far as I'm aware, and buildposter's namefagging makes him easier to filter.

What do you think the best low cost magic items are? Stuff like the Sleeves of Many Garments.

It was considered at one point. Actually, the template was originally designed to cover wolf, bear, tiger, and boar (the four Weapons of the Beast options). It was decided fairly early on to cut the focus back to werewolves, with general lycanthropy and shapeshifterism being a backdrop, similar to Lords of the Night having a focus on vampires with an undead backdrop

Would you a knife ear?

>No? Get fucked.
Christ you sound fucking insufferable.

Yeah, a lot of folks use it for vanity on /pfg/.

As I just said, he at the moment is fine. I was just saying there are plenty on /pfg/ who use trips for vanity.

>Christ you sound fucking insufferable.
Says the person complaining about incredibly petty things (omg he used a TRIPCODE) on the internet.

Same.

JJ is a lame weirdo with a CG Waifu boner, but he doesn't seem like a genuinely awful person.

He knows what he likes, and that's that.

>A lot of /pfg/ use it for Vanity.

Nnnnno they don't.

Buildposter uses a name for vanity, I'll give you that. Buildposter is also reviled for reasons unrelated to that.

QANON only uses a trip when she needs to, and the others are just Devs, who its good to know who they are and that they're present so questions can be asked and feedback delivered.

I haven't used a trip in ages either, but that's pretty much just because I've fallen off the homebrew wagon. Should have something soon though.

Regardless, someone having a tripcode is hardly going to kill you.

Not a fake knife ear

An actual one maybe though.

I could totally get with a super-subby drow, make her wear thick blindfolds all day to protect her eyes from the light and make her even more reliant on me. deny her the use of her hands and even more magical realm shenanigans.

I recognize that elf.

How do I make pic related?

>They're a martial, most of the time when they get hit with a debuff that isn't part of an attack it's because it was AoE.

>a debuff that isn't part of an attack
Not sure why you dismiss that when one of its big problems is how it invalidates about 70% of strikes that sacrifice damage in favor of battlefield control.

I wouldn't say Temporal Body Adjustment is gamebreaking, it's just really annoying. I feel no other single maneuver requires the GM to make as big a change to how they design every encounter as TBA.

(Sanguine perfection is also pretty bad but it has less out of combat uses because it suppresses rather than negates. I don't know why TBA didn't get an explicit allowed list in the same way though)

I like JJ as a person and think he'd make a great fa/tg/uy, so I think one day he should make a visit here honestly.

>sexts
alright I'll bite. Who is that though, and why is she tearing a bear in half?

I was actually just trying to say it isn't broken, just annoying. It's not like it has errata stating that it explicitly protects vampires from sunlight like IHS.

Problem is, all of those are just as hard, if not sometimes harder (lower spell level for blindness compared to domination) to land than complete SoLs.

So, yes, TBA locks out those soft controls, but but without it, you're one failed save from murdering your party and sucking the oracle's transman cock.