MTG Standard General

What are you playing? What are you brewing?

Playing - B/U Zombie Midrange
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bu-zombie-midrange-need-advice/

Brewing - B/U Control
(Haven't written a list yet)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6x9w-xkPsLo
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rw-eldrazi-blink/
tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/26-05-16-block-this/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

>Playing
Bant Clues. I'll post the deck to get the thread rolling.
Creatures: (28)
>Thraben Inspector x4
>Jaddi Offshot x4
>Hidden Dragonslayer x4
>Erdwal Illuminator x4
>Bygone Bishop x3
>Graf Mole x3
>Tireless Tracker x4
>Felidar Sovereign x2

Enchantments: (4)
>Ongoing Investigation x4

Instants & Sorceries: (4)
>Confront the Unknown x4

Lands: (24)
>Prairie Stream x3
>Canopy Vista x3
>Yavimaya Coast x3
>Plains x6
>Island x3
>Forest x6

Sideboard: (15)
>Stratus Dancer x4
>Expose Evil x3
>Graf Mole x1
>Declaration in Stone x4
>Whirler Rogue x3

Alright dicks, calling all brewers. Last experiment of making dragon whisperer playable was a complete failure, this time I want to see if I can win an fnm with this combo, any and all deck ideas and help are welcome.

Idk what you're gonna do besides ramp for Ulamogs and such

Isn't the Displacer + Brood Monitor + Zulaport Cutthroat combo in 4c rite the same thing? Not quite sure what you're doing, but if you're putting this in 4c rite it will probably work I guess, though I don't see the benefits Drowner bring being that important.

>Playing
Jund midrange. Sufficiently big, cheap creatures, some removals, some disruption, and GDD. Fun, but I give up trying to make it good for now.

>Brewing
Mardu control, with a side of Ever After thrown in for shits and giggles. Haven't yet the chance to test.

No one on tg plays standard

Playing Mono U Brain Memee Deckk to trigger some autist from Veeky Forums.
Seems people are butthurt whenI bounce/tap/counter their shit.

>mono u brains has doubled in price
80% of it is part the water veil.

>not using brood monitor/cutthroat

smhtbqh

I have found some quality level cringe on youtube regarding mtg.

I wanted to comment and tell him how fucking cringey he is but video only has 42 views.
youtu.be/6x9w-xkPsLo

At least it got them out of the basement for a bit?

Brains deck is fucking retarded.
All you fucking do is counter and bounce shit back to players hands summon 15 fucking zombies and then take 2 extra turns for lethal.

Im sorry but that is pretty well the definition of a zero skill deck. Its like trying to say you are good at modern when all you play is burn and affinity.
Such a fucking waste of time and money playing this game when a 13 year old nearly wins gp because he has a 1k$ non interactive deck.

Someone's mad

Hint: To beat a brains deck, there's only one simple trick that you need to do, and you can literally win every time. What is it, you might guess? Try git gud.

Turns out Brains decks fall hard to Lumbering Falls

anyone want to give me advice on this deck?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rw-eldrazi-blink/

Kind of a lot of lands there champ. You can cut 1 or two to make room for another card or something of the like. Also something to note is that your mana curve has few little creatures, so in the beginning if you get mana-fucked you'll have no serious answers to aggro decks.

In short, a copy or two of a little creature so you can have early battlefield presence without complete reliance on spells to keep you afloat.

Otherwise, I think your deck is fuckin' cool as hell. Other than being expensive as fuck, it's damn nice.

>tfw i bought blue brains on mtgo for 20 bucks
So good, so much better than prowess.

>Other than being expensive as fuck

I pulled 2 Nahiris and 1 Avacyn in prize packs, and everything besides those is actually fairly cheap. Gonna be slinging with the deck this coming weekend

Well obviously the price will go down because you have the parts. Good work tho.

Out of curiousity, what is the spacial contortion for?

>Out of curiousity, what is the spacial contortion for?

I'm trying it out. The problem with Fiery Temper is that it has too little impact at 3 mana for 3 damage, and it's going to be in that mode around 1/2 the time. I run all those painlands for my Displacers and Thought-Knot Seers, and I figure being able to kill a 3-toughness creature on turn 2 without having to use black is really good. Also it gets around stupid shit like baby Gideon and indestructible stuff.

I getcha. Would you be so kind as to return the favor for this deck I'm brewing (Izzet aggro)?

tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/26-05-16-block-this/

hm, link doesn't seem to work. Just gimme the list

oops lets see

2x Calculated Dismissal
4x Expedite
4x Slip Through Space
4x Titan's Strength
2x Lightning Axe
2x Magmatic Insight
2x Negate

2x Jori En, Ruin Diver
2x Mage-Ring Bully
4x Stormchaser Mage
3x Stratus Dancer
2x Thing in the Ice
3x Village Messenger

10x Mountain
6x Island
4x Shivan Reef
2x Wandering Fumarole

I got that thing in the ice there because I have plenty of combat tricks and I can pop him really friggin fast with this deck to smash my way to victory. Other cards like Jori En, Mag insight, slip through space, and expedite are convenient for card draw and pressure. I might take out the insight as it seems kinda wasteful as I'm not going to be running hot on lands.

Hate to break it to you, but Village Messenger isn't a good card. Especially with the number of times you're casting 2 spells a turn, he's just going to keep on flipping back. You should run Zurgo Bellringer instead. Also you might want the 4-of Jori En to really get a lot of value out of those otherwise-useless Expedites

I don't know about getting 4 Jori Ens, because it seems too slow to have 4 of her in there. Considering she's legendary as well, it won't serve me well to have a zillion copies of her.

About the messenger, I think that's a valid criticism of him. I know I can get zurgo in there, but what are some other good one drop reds?

> what are some other good one drop reds?

there really aren't any. The Battlesinger with her firebreathing is okay, but if you'll notice there aren't any Red Deck Wins decks in any tournaments lately

I'm not planning on bringing this deck to anything more than FNM, so I'm not super duper concerned if it's "tournament ready" or the like. Obviously your deck would probably do well at a larger event, but mine's not super intended for that.

I'll check out Zurgo though, he'll fit as a strong replacement for Messenger.

>playing
Mono White, deck did pretty good at a GPLA side event, excited to see how it does at my FNM

>there are people that still play Standard

How in hell is this meme format still alive even after they hastened the rotation? Don't people get tired to flush hundreds down the toilet to play with bad cards during 18 months? Why not play literally any other of the formats?

If this was about 2min long instead of 11 it'd actually be kinda kek worthy.

I play draft and just build decks from draft and come mid to top of the pack in drafts and standard nights. Occasionally if a set looks interesting (shadows) I'll buy a booster box but i'll mostly just stick to a booster or two each week.

I can get behind this.

If you want to have fun with the new set, play Limited.
If you're new and/or can't afford the cards because the entry barrier is too high, but still want to play a competitive and powerful format, play Pauper.
If you're rich, play Legacy.
If you're middle class and enjoy a competitive scene which is being actually supported, play Modern.
If you enjoy playing for shits and giggles with friends but want to go beyond casual, play EDH.
If you're an absolute madman, play Vintage.

Who the fuck is Standard for other than for WotC to fill their pockets? It's even more blatant with their reluctancy to print strong cards at lower than rare and the faster rotation.

Not everyone wants to spend their paycheck buying a single modern deck.

UW Spirits

Honestly it's quite good once I finish the playset of Declaration in Stone and get one more Bygone Bishop, but I'm counting on EMA to round up the set of playable spirits

It's going to hurt losing Anafenza and Thunderclap Wyvern once rotation hits but Kaladesh might bring some UW goodies

>Playing
R/G werewolves

>Brewing
Working on a "budget" version of BG Aristocrats or at least another archtype of it. Maybe make it mono black but trying to find decent mono B card draws besides read the bones.

>playing
W/G Humans (SoI standard), main theme is Anafenza buffing dudes, dropping Odric and an Arashin Foremost alongside some Always Watching's and a Thalia's Lieutenant or two and watching the mayhem ensue.

Green is there splashed in in the form of 4-5 dual lands and 2 regular forests for (currently) Sigarda, and when I can afford it/trade for it, CoCo.

>brewing

Some janky mill deck for standard. I got a jace from Rare Draft this week (came second, missed out on Avacyn) and thought I'd slap some janky mill deck together. Considering U/R for removal and mill rolled into one, but will probably end up mono blue.

>decks I currently have

W/G Humans
R/G Arlinn Kord Werewolves, needs a few cards
G/U Clues, needs an Ulamog or other big drop, at the moment it's just Ulvenwald Hydra which isn't too shabby but it's not amazing.
and various draft decks that are just garbage commons and uncommons slapped together that for some reason place better in draft than my drafts where I get rares and mythics.

>triggered

Enjoy getting rekt by a meme deck