RPG FEELS

>you will never finish creating a world because things like politics between races and culture in general are hard as fuck and you will never think yours are good enough

>No one to play with
>Social anxiety issues
>Have ideas for games no one will get to experience
>No friends to play with
>Too shy to be on skype for RPG sessions.

You deserve to be alone until you make some friends.

That made absolutely no sense.

>never think yours are good enough

What kinda weak willed shit is that? Who gives up on world building by yourself or with your friends because you are too scared you'll do it badly?

Doing things badly is how you get better at them, and god knows history is filled with stupid shit and every culture has one or two absolutely stupid norms.

>No one to play with
>Refuse to play
I think I see the problem.

it's obvious what the problem is, but i cant get over it.

Get over yourself

Shy cowardice is another format of ego

Just game you ass

Browse /pol/ and it will all make sense eventually..
but you may die inside a little.

Oh wow I feel so much better! Thanks to your inspirational and totally original comment! How foolish of me to think of consequences when I can play pretend to a bunch of people.

Ill be your friend, user.

>A friend
>On Veeky Forums
>implying this isn't some ruse to use later on to get a good laugh

T-thanks

>posts in a thread, pathetically asking for help
>on 4chins
>becomes assblasted when people mock him

Not who you were arguing with, but your sarcasm is low grade, and excuses are a crutch.

I have known several people with crippling social anxiety. Couldn't be around crowds without panic attacks, continuous maladaptive behavior, so on and so forth.

All of them found ways to over comes it when they committed themselves to doing so. Some meditated, some got pets to learn how to be around other living beings, some found their ways into hobbies where they found people they meshed with.

All of them found ways to be normal, and one gets to take his doggo into any restaurant he wants.

Only you can make yourself do this. So shit or get off the pot, but don't whine to us about it.

I'm not asking for help, this is a rpg feels thread and I was just sharing my personal situation.

O-okay...

>not asking for help
>going out of your way to broadcast your problems.

nah man
just
nah.

>Nobody running Exalted 2e because they're waiting for 3e.
>Nobody running 3e now it's out.

It's called contributing to a thread. Why does this concept escape you? If this thread didn't exist, I wouldn't of shared.

Why on earth would I expect psychological help on a board about grown men pretending to be cooler than what they are? Are you dense?

>I know 12 systems, memorized core rules for 4 of them, and have a physical book collection for half of them.
>My group refuses to play anything that's not Hero System or Pathfinder.
Kill me.

You'd be useful for online gaming.

>Five lines of text on a random Veeky Forums thread
>Out of the way

It's something like thirty seconds to type up and hit 'post'.

Whinging is one of the easiest things to do on Veeky Forums. Particularly if one is bored.

>wouldn't of
This nigga cant even GRAMMAR

And yet, here you are, implicitly asking for help.

So the question becomes, am I dense, or are you in denial?

It is pretty clear that it is option two, which leads us to the next question.

Did you ever really want help, or did you just want attention, even negative attention, to validity the existence you have made unbearably shitty for yourself?

Either way, fix yourself and complain less.

>inb4 excuses, AKA any possible reply you have to this post.

No, please, never mind the point I made. Let's focus on something completely not about the topic.

I swear you morons have ADD

It's neither of those things. You are the only one focusing on this, not me. I also stated other things in my original comment, but YOU want to focus on my current weaknesses.

So yes, you're dense.

I've got that writing feel, user.

As for actual Veeky Forums

>Want to RP
>Group cannot into character
>Of the three who can (myself included) one of them just cannot into Lawful Good.
>Lawful Stupid all day erry day
>RP heavy sessions grind to a halt because people barely pay attention

Last time our warlock decided to use his drow cunning he spent thirty minutes asking questions he'd already know the answer to if he'd just paid attention to the table. It's a good thing that everyone at the table is good friends or I'd be a mite upset.

DM works his ass off, too. It's a shame the party can't really get into the adventuring thing.

Hey look, I was right, excuses!

Anyways, do try to help yourself user. For all my shitposting, I do hate to see someone limiting themselves.

And seriously consider a pet, or a text based roll20 group.

I'm not allowed to have a pet at my apartment. A text based r20 group sounds like a good idea. Is it just normal texting in a chat or what?

I'm man enough to admit it

>want to write some writefag shit
>spend too much time on a certain terrible website
>living in constant fear my writefaggotry will invoke the wrath of SJW

If you can't get a plant, get several houseplants.

No that isn't a joke, they can be remarkably uplifting.

And it varies group to group, but there are some that basically just use a normal text chat, yes.

roll20 is video, chat, text and the works
very fun tool, free use. get signed up

Not really RPGs but still related I guess
>Play Magic
>Nearest FNM is an entire city away
>Nobody I know plays it
>Most people at the LGS are either neckbeards, weeaboos, or weeaboo neckbeards

>Most people at the LGS are either neckbeards, weeaboos, or weeaboo neckbeards

so what are you considered?

Will I be able to use my own ideas and system for this d20? Also nice quads

I don't want plants in my home, I'm right near a heavy wooded area and I get enough spiders as it is. How would a normal text chat work for dice rolls?

>my own ideas and system for this d20
roll20 is just a virtual tabletop. There are premade sheets for a variety of systems, and multiple ways to populate the gamespace for dnd to cyberpunk 2020 to GURPS

read up; they have tutorials

okay thank you

>>living in constant fear my writefaggotry will invoke the wrath of SJW

You're best off not worrying what those assholes think. These are the people who hold up Samus as a clear sign of sexism in gaming because she's hot or something.

I actually almost fell into that trap myself. The one really prominent female character I have gets kind of really messed up and I bought into the SJW rhetoric for a second and wondered if she wasn't strong enough.

Then I remembered she:
>is literally nine years old
>was starved and made magically handicapped by her deranged captors (a big deal for her race)
>just lost her mother and only guardian
>is literally seeing the sun and sky for the first time upon being introduced into the story

It'd be weird if she wasn't kinda fucked up after all that. The male MC doesn't get off much better, honestly. The plot just happens to hand him mechanisms that let him cope better.

>Enjoy worldbuilding
>Can't ever run a pre-made setting without fucking about with it
>Enjoy GMing almost as much as playing
>Constantly second guessing myself
>Constantly anxious that players aren't having fun
>Constantly worried I don't have enough prepared
>Stressed every session
>Worn out, cancel all my games
>Apologise to all my players for shitty campagins and improvised plot lines with no resolution
>"But user, we were all having loads of fun!"
>One player even says its was his favourite day of the week
>Still can't believe them
>Still feel like I did shitty
I'm trying to get back into the saddle by cooking up a WHFRP game, not making it perfect, writing what I think is fun, but I still worry everyone will hate it.

sounds like you're letting people down when they tell you they're having fun

perhaps you were trying to be friends with the wrong user

how can you even be friends with someone on Veeky Forums?

I was the one who turned down the offer btw

I think they do occasionally have meet ups and things of the like

I don't know, sounds sketchy

what on this planet isn't sketchy

fair enough

but how do you make friends on here? exchange emails or something?

People in the gamefinder exchange things like Skype, Discord, and email stuff as well as R20. I don't know how many of them get spam.

alright, thanks, im learning a lot

>try to write
>everything turns into blatant Magical Realm

Sell it anyway, it's what Ed Greenwood did.

or perhaps meet at a public place in daylight with lots of other people

>Trying to think of a villainous scheme for the players to thwart
>One idea is too boring and leaves no room for anything dramatic
>Another is dramatic but doesn't really make much sense
>A third doesn't really inconvenience anyone too much so there's no reason to stop it
>My other ideas are way too simple and barely count as schemes
I'm just not good at this kinda thing.

Why?

for those without proper means...the normies

>full of ideas
>terribly self concious and anxious
> probably going to be foreverDM despite having a shitload of character ideas I want to play
I've tried DMing but I'm not that great a communicator. I'm working on it though.

>be GMing for the first time
>it's that Power Armor CYOA, fleshed out a bit with a homebrew d6/20 system
>it's just me and my two friends
>basically flying by the seat of my pants
>premise-setup-knockdown type storytelling; let them write the story with their actions
>let them argue and diverge, scheme, derail, and go wild
>they're having as much fun smashing my setups, as I am coming up with new and exciting ways to try and kill/thwart them
>it's going quite well overall

>We take a bit of a breather from that campaign, so I could plot some more
>I mean, where do you go after dropping a vault on a cargo ship containing explosives and the Yakuza's head mobster?
>meanwhile, one of my friends (let's call him Evin), gets the sudden urge to GM (he hadn't before; neither of them had even played tabletop games before my homebrew)
>excited, I encourage him to try his hand at it

>2 weeks later, his masterpiece is complete
>it's based off of the Battlemages CYOA
>he's got a map he drew up with provinces and shit
>this should be fun
>roll up a cryomantic tank-support hybrid
>he's a beefy, spearstaff-wielding lumberjack-type who was assistant to his remote northern village's wizard
>became a Battlemage and set off on a knowledge seeking quest because he wanted to help more people than he currently could at his village
>having rolled up (but not introduced) our respective characters, the journey began
Cont.

>it started with my character, Tiberius, trudging through the Wastes towards a long-abandoned village for rest
>run into shady dudes looking for a gal
>have a little fireside chat
>know that while they aren't really hostile towards me, they hold ill intent for SOMEONE
>friend 2's character (henceforth known as Badra, for I forget his character's name) accidentally walks in
>they make like they're gonna gang up on her
>they ask for help "getting" her in return for sweet dosh
>nah nigga
>make like I'm all neutral
>"Stay out of our way, then."
>sure thing, hoss
>except no
>ICICLE BACKSTAB
>and so the fight began
>ice and shadow shards erry-fuckin'-where
>bandits dead
>HUZZAH

>introduce ourselves after some initial hesitation
>Badra was the daughter in a well-to-do merchant's family
>perfectly normal upbringing
>when she was 11, her family was slaughtered by a local politician's thugs in the night
>she spent the remainder of her childhood and teenage years as a thief
>she eventually got caught stealing from the same dude that killed her family
>she was now wanted and on the run
>whatashame.png
>bunk up for the night

>come morning
>we've been found out
>those jackasses weren't alone
>leg it to the next set of ruinsn bandits in tow
Cont.

Or you know, you could not have multiple races and instead just focus on a single culture. Just an idea.

>tfw don't want to foreverGM but suck balls at being a player and RPing characters because it always comes up being super cringe
feels bad man

>lose them in the sewers eventually
>meet Evin's character creeping around
>holy hell, the Mary Sue
>a natural at light magic, monster slayer since he was a teen, Lawful Self-Righteous, woman troubles, """quirky""", this character ticked all the boxes
>he's there because REASONS
>well, now that we're all caught up...
>we could take vengeance on the dudes that rekt Badra's life up
>or help me on my knowledge quest
>or be Rad Dudes going around Helping People with our Mad Skills
>or-
>oh, welp, I guess we're attached to the Gary Stu instead

>rama rama shoop boop da woop shit happens

>meet Gary Stu's mentor
>basically Barrett from FF7, but with a glaive instead of a gun hand

>get a pet dragon really early on, so early in fact that it feels almost not worth the trouble
>didn't even "earn" it, just sorta gifted it
>proceed to not use him for anything other than a long-range taxi
>not that it's even that useful as anything other than a McGuffin anyway, becaaause...

>we sort of just jump from place to place, with no real rhyme or reason
>this is even after Gary Stu's home is blasted by some xboxhuge creature from the giant mountain in the middle of the continent
>mind you, we HAD no connection with this place in the first place, but we were expected by Evin to be as sad as his character
Cont.

Which brings us up to the current status quo.
>go to place
>admittedly cool premise for conflict turns into a protracted, 3-hour encounter
>PHAT LEWTZ
>broken leveling, gain a level every 1-3 encounters
>maybe one or two faint details connecting them all
>we still haven't gotten to the mountain (despite having travelled more than the distance required between Stusville and the foot of the mountain (despite the utterly ridiculous size of the fucking continent basically mandating that we SHOULD be making slow progress)
>going on bullshit missions for mentor's princess fiance instead
>everything we encounter is either 2OP4u or "we were good all along!!1!!"
>almost zero mention of the Stusville Slaughter
>absolutely NO mention of Badra's past save for the two times I piped up about it

>we stopped playing in November
>Evin promised DEEPEST LORE
>it hasn't been spoken about since January

>TL;DR: expected good lore-and-sword but got boredom, frustration, grinding, Gary Stu Power Hours and utterly lackluster & threadbare storytelling instead

>mfw I do better with 48 hours worth of prep work than Evin does with 2 weeks worth

Not wanting houseplants 'cause of spiders makes absolutely no sense.

I've got some serious problems with anxiety and mental health too, but you really are limiting yourself needlessly.

Have you ever seen a houseplant up close? You know if you're worried about the dirt, hydroponics is easy as shit to do and any plant will take to it.

>Why on earth would I expect psychological help on a board about grown men pretending to be cooler than what they are?

Right, what's cooler than pretending you're an old man who does nothing but wave his hands around and read a bunch of books? That's fucking Vin Diesel tier right there dawg.

I mean, what better way to get your point across than to insult the very board you're browsing/posting on and acting like a complete hypocritical dipshit.