Perhaps I am naive but I believe that given enough time...

Perhaps I am naive but I believe that given enough time, that Age of Sigmar will be every bit as interesting and cool with great games and great fluff, as Fantasy Battles. Like most, I was very hesitant with Age of Sigmar, but perhaps it can be a great new direction of the CONTINUED Warhammer Fantasy universe.

Be careful, others think your opinions are wrong, and will use their own opinions to counter argue. You have been warned.

>I am naive
Yes you are.

>great games
>great fluff
>Fantasy Battles
>great new direction of the CONTINUED Warhammer Fantasy universe
I was wrong. You are either a troll or a shill.

It doesn't have the good draws of the old world, than was a very gritty one were normal humans had to battle vs horrors from the forest, mutants and that stuff, some times with the help of some mage (than could turn on you) or some what friendly non-humans (than probably were using them). It had plenty of colorful characters based on history and the art was awesome and very baroque but with sense. AoS is too insubstantial, isn't based in history and losing thousands of dudes doesn't matter because you can reincarnate them. The writing seemed like a fan-fic mostly too, and not very interesting for what I read.

It movef to a market with a lot more competiton, started the game design process over again at square one for some reason, and purged a lot of the uniqueness from it's flavor.

It's not totally hopeless though. The bones of something good are in there. I just wouldn't bet money on GW realizing that potential.

Shill.

What has Games Workshop done to make you believe that AoS will be a great game/setting?

OP, you have decided on an opinion/conclusion without objectively interpreting the data. Sorry man but you are just an idiot. Doesnt mean you csnt enjoy life though, so get out there, be completely unaware if your own stupidity, and go for it.

I think you're wrong but it's OK, tbqh the Old World was never a stunning setting either. It could have been, if they'd developed it a bit more, but it was every bit as hollow as the Imperium.

With modern GW suits, artists and writers? With the foundations of the setting being the halfassed destruction of another one and bad copies of space marines?

AoS was born cannibalizing another setting and irony wants that the only good new things from it will be those that can be repurposed to fit in the old world with little changes.

None truly wants AoS as a continuation of WHFB and it may as well be entirely its own separate thing as far as the connection between the two matters.

>2016
>people still care about warhammer

Didn't /v/ tell you? It's the year of warhammer

Its going to be a long, slow death. Enjoy it.

Couldn't GW have just introduced the Sigmarines as a new faction? Wouldn't that have been preferable to the total destruction of the setting and creation of a new, lackluster setting?

Is the Grimwrath berzerker usable??

>very gritty one were normal humans had to battle vs horrors from the forest, mutants and that stuff, some times with the help of some mage (than could turn on you) or some what friendly non-humans (than probably were using them)
>HFY please go

The empire was about trained soldiers fighting against the horrors of the world, sometimes. That narrative doesn't apply for the rest of world, which was quite high magic even during 6th edition fluff

The two major competitors to GW are Iron Kingdoms and Star Wars. Look at how shit Warmahordes' setting is and the other is fucking Star Wars.

So yeah, you're dumb.

If the Sigmarines had shown up as some celestial manifestation in reaction to the end times, or something like that, and they used it as opportunity to make the setting a bit more noble/bright I would have been okay with that.

As it stands, there aren't any great forests for my Beastmen to lurk in. It feels like a generic mass of nothingness that doesn't have any real connections to anything going on.

>tfw went to an flgs I hadn't been to in a good while

>they still have every single copy of the rulebook and starter set they ordered on launch

The WMH setting is actually more connected and better realized than any GW setting.

Real talk.

What is Age of Sigmar? A reboot or something?

A sequel.

Warhammer Fantasy was destroyed and replaced with a nonsensical battle area floating in space with infinitely respawning warriors fighting over it.

er, arena not area

Like Highlander 2.

I think this would have been a better way to approach it. The setting needs a more solid down to earth feel rather than this concept of 'realms', i just cant bring myself to liking it. also if it was more about mortals than this focus on god's and demi gods, like sigmar, nagash etc it would add this sense of value to 'your guys'.

What is Age of Sigmar? A reboot or something?

I was pretty sure fantasy was dying either way (though I'm starting to wonder with all the vidya this year), but I have a very hard time finding much appeal in Age of Sigmar

AoS is terrible in every possible way.

I am absolutely baffled how people like it.

Shush, we dont talk about that movie.

>As it stands, there aren't any great forests for my Beastmen to lurk in.

The whole Realm of life?

>nonsensical battle area floating in space with infinitely respawning warriors fighting over it.
So they turned Warhammer into a MoBA?

Even if the Old World was full on loans and references, I agree. It just seems so lame and cheap that they decided to recycle half of the old models and thus designs for the new world and keeping the thinnest possible connection between the settings. "Yeah, these renamed units and characters just happen to look exactly the same as the Old World inhabitants two apocalypses ago, with totally original fluff (carbon copy and featureless imitation of the old one)." So lame.

As much as I disagree with you, time could very well prove you right.

Shit, this is it isn't it? This is why the new setting is so bland. It's a MoBA setting.