Does anyone know of any games and/or systems that would be good for playing a slasher-themed campaign...

Does anyone know of any games and/or systems that would be good for playing a slasher-themed campaign, where the players are all trying not to get picked off by a masked killer? Think Halloween, Friday the 13th, Scream, etc.

Also, slasher campaign general, I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=let me google that for you
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Aw shit I do know the name of one but I can't think of it right now.

I'll try to remember it.

New World of Darkness 1e: Slasher?

Very relevant.

Unknown Armies.

>when you want to reply in a thread but you don't have time to read OP's text

Good effort tho

That's an option. Any others? Specifically, I just watched Scream: Season 1 on Netflix, and thought the entire time that I could easily be watching someone's campaign. Lot's of characters, mystery, and even exploration of some "dungeons" like abandoned hospitals, bowling alleys, etc.

PCs could be teenagers, high schoolers, or maybe even college students, with normal abilities and skills, and very little in the way of combat or survival experience, so they would mostly be trying to run, hide, and investigate. Maybe they'd try fighting if they have overwhelming force or backed into a corner.

that's cool, thnx

whats that?

Call of Cthulhu would work.

People forget that the game can revolve around things beyond just Elder Things and cosmic horrors.

>whats that?
google.com/search?q=let me google that for you

I just found this game, Slasher Flick, on Google. Anyone got any info or feedback about it? Or some PDFs?

I did it once with Shadowrun with some friends.
It turned into chtullu shit halfway through, tho.

Final Girl might be worth a try for one-shot horror shenanigans, as it bases itself around the slasher conceit of whittling down the cast.

That said, maybe something with the GUMSHOE system of giving the players a narrative trail to follow, but with enough control in the DM's hands to prevent everyone from just obliterating the killer.

Ideally, something with a character pool, or something where players can dip in/out of decision marking, otherwise you'll end up with players slowly being phased out of the campaign.

There was a free print and play tabletop game about that and it was quite good

We encountered a few in our Mystery Inc. style CoC game. My favorite was the evil "undead" Rosie the Riveter.

Obviously Slasher Flick, it's constructed specifically as a system for a slasher movie themed game. The core book PDF can be found easily on that PDF archive thread that floats about around here

On my phone, so I can't CTRL+F, but I haven't seen mention of Dread yet, and that's a damn shame. It's perfect for atmosphere building tension. Instead of dice, players attempting a risky action pull a piece from a jenga tower, and when it falls, shit goes south. This means everything is building up to a tense and inevitable demise.

Yeah, I just found out about Slasher Flick, see here. It looks absolutely perfect so far, I'm reading a review of the game, it gets really good reviews.

So where's this PDF archive thread?

Good luck comrade

Thanks buddy

Obligatory GURPS post

Well obviously GURPS if nothing else, but I was looking for something where the mechanics are geared specifically towards creating and incentivizing the tropes of a slasher movie. I found my answer in Slasher Flick, found here , and now I'm requesting it in the PDF Archive thread here