It's time to empty out those dice bags, Veeky Forums. Go to your gaming table if you have one...

It's time to empty out those dice bags, Veeky Forums. Go to your gaming table if you have one, spill the contents of your dice bag, and take a picture. If you don't have a gaming table, the closest flat surface will do. No cleaning up!

Others will rate whatever they see.

Also a general dice thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

thediceshoponline.com/dice/4391/GameScience-Precision-Wisteria-Black-Ink-7-Dice-Polyset
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It seems you have all the dice you'd practically need and almost all in good condition.

Probably because most of them are new.

As a sidenote, I should probably get more D6's though for dicepool games like Shadowrun. But we haven't started playing SR yet, so I'm in no rush. Also found out that translucent with white text was the worst purchase ever, they're impossible to read, especially in poor lighting.

Post dice, faggots. I want to see dice.

I like the plain gray ones, what brand is it?

Gamescience. I was pleasantly surprised with them too, I actually like them most out of all the dice I have.

user why do you have pistol clips on your table?

First of all,
>clips
Second, because I can

Best two and a half burgers I ever spent. Way easier to deal with than a dice bag.

>all that opaque Chessex
Are they as bad as Veeky Forums make them seem?

Also I guess it's easier to find a specific dice you're looking for with that box of yours, but a bag is definitely more convenient. Just throw your dice in and go play.

I've never seen any kind of problem with them.
>lolsamplesize
And, yea, bags are waaaaay easier for when you're playing. This is my foreverDM kit, because some people cannot be trusted to bring they're own dice to a goddamn gaming store.

They aren't very uniform or well balanced. Have you ever tested them?

I actually DM as well. If people can't bring their own dice, they can watch instead of playing. Or I can be nice and lend them a couple, it's why I have more than two each after all.

If you use grids and tokens a lot I guess a box like that would be nice, but most of the time I just theatre of the mind the whole thing, and have a simple sheet of paper for a map.

No, I've never tested them. Because, honestly, who cares? The fun in tabletopping, I feel, is the story being told and how the players interact with the world. If a d20 rolls a number under 11 3% of the time more than it should I really don't feel it takes anything away from the experience. If having perfectly balanced dice makes it more fun for someone, then go for it. Unless we're talking about loaded-dice tier unbalanced then it really doesn't matter, imo.

>inb4 badwrongfun

It's a matter of principle I guess. When I call for a check, it's because we are dealing with unknowns. Does the character succeed in climbing the wall? Does the arrow connect? I never call a check for something that's guaranteed to work or guaranteed to fail, and therefore I want the roll be as random as possible, else it's not fair.

A 3% dip toward one number is actually fairly substantial when you consider that critically succeeding has only a 5% chance. If your chance to roll 20 is 8%, your character is going to succeed more at things than the next one.

But your dice case doesn't have a cute design, only soulles plastic :(

'Dere ya go

I'll post a pick of my dice bag contents when i get off of work, so how do you guys roll? Group roll or one thing at a time like when you attack would you roll the damage and to hit together or separate?

Plastic is love. Plastic is life.

The left pile is my unsorted random bag (the "house" bag); the one on the right is the bag that I take with me when I'm going to game at somebody else's house.

I also have some tiny novelty dice that my wife got me, but I keep those in a Koplow tube along with a black w/red set that I only take out on special occasions.

If anybody knows where I could get a set of pink (NOT frosted pink, translucent pink, speckled pink, glitter pink, or fuchsia) polyhedrals that match my pink d6s, I would appreciate a link.

Geez user, get a better camera.

But I like that huge D20, she's moe.

Also do you really use those hit location dice? They seemed way too niche to pay money for, so I skipped those altogether. I'm going to ignore those sex dice.

I actually got it as a gift. I used to use it, not so much anymore. It tends to land on left leg too much. It actually became a running gag in one of my groups that whenever someone was hit with a particularly hard shot they'd all start calling out "Not his left leg!" "There goes his left leg!" "So long left leg!" and the like.

thediceshoponline.com/dice/4391/GameScience-Precision-Wisteria-Black-Ink-7-Dice-Polyset

This is the best I got. Bright opaque pink seems to be a bit rare.

That actually sounds like fun. Did your players start calling shots on left leg as well? Because I would have done that.

Then I'd start calling myself the legstroyer.

Yeah, you'd think "plain pink dice" would be an easy find, but even Google Images has nothing.

Here's those little dice.

Unfortunately no. The only guy that'd use called shots would always go for the head in that group. Rest of the group was a space wizard, a kung-fu monk that was pretty much a walking blaxploitation movie lead, and a big sharkman. Sharkman did get both his knees destroyed by that die though. He ended up walking around with two braces on each leg like Steve Austin for a while before his head exploded.

I too have one of those giant light-up D20s. Horribly balanced though. My pride and joy is that brass D6. Also, funny story, I'm colorblind and can't read those red speckled dice with the dark green numbers, so my players, of course, love them.

Oh they light up? Ugh, I thought it was just translucent.

Also user, why would you buy dice you can't read?

Yeah, got it for graduation, and while the "light up on a nat 20" thing was cool, it's horribly balanced and you never roll good on it.
As for the dice I can't read, I like supporting my local game center and so I just grabbed a few of the cheapest sets, and then when I got home realized "Oh shit, I can't read these in the slightest."
So short story, I'm a fucking idiot with good intentions.

There's also an extra bag owned by one of our players.

He really loves his chessex, doesn't he?

Everyone was at the FLGS one day and basically got "their" set in a single sitting. It snowballed from there.

Well I don't blame them, they're okay dice for an okay price. You could definitely do a lot worse I think.

>those green and black/yellow dice
Throw them away and get actually legible dice.

Your dice bag is very cute though, so you get bonus for that.

The yellow and green sets are much easier to read in person, the flash reflects off them too much in the pic. I'd much rather replace those D30s. Terrible balance.
And yeah the bag is great, it's not always the most practical, but the steel scales are hard to damage, and the thing fits all the dice on that box, plus enough room for a set or two more. Plus, it looks great, so why not?