Jumpchain CYOA Thread #857: So Half Demon makes Trigon less dangerous then? Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=THNaO8pZ7c8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Has a Companion ever disappointed you, Jumpers?

Have you ever disappointed one?

>Trigon
Overhyped.

Although given all her daddy issues, those interested in waifuing Raven would probably find helping her defeat him would be very beneficial.

Yes. Goddammit Wash, you're a kanmusu. How can you lose an eating contest to a fifteen year old skellington?

What? But how do you get through the jump?

If this is the case the jump is straight up impossible without powerful out of jump abilities, joining the titans to share in the spell Raven protects the team with, or the good old fuck off to outer space strategy.

Are they any werewolf perks that can pack as much RIP AND TEAR as oWoD's Garous?

Man I need to finish that jump.

I didn't see anywhere that you couldn't get more than one mighty skill.

No you can protect your self with magic if you are a Half Demon and Raven ends up becoming the portal instead of you.

plz do

That and Dark Ages Vampire. I've been struggling with illness all year though.

Anyway. Rosario+Vampire has the best werewolves I think, power wise. They're pretty decent.

>Spoiler
It's why none of the original companions are still in the party.

Underworld Lycan with Gigantism?
Soul Eater Werewolf is pretty hardcore.
As is Helsing Werewolf.

Magic, if you swap notes with Raven. Or indeed, fucking off into space, the jump gives two options for that on its own. Or using that one mirror you can buy. Or just do something in the Warehouse while all that is going on.

Trigon stomped superman in the Teen Titans VS Justice League move, a universe where he displayed significantly less power than the tv show.

In the TT series, though, Trigon is more or less a punk.

Everyone is disappointed in me for grabbing the companion housing supplement. In my defense stasis pods are just too expensive. I suppose that's cheating, though.
I also got both the vehicle bays, one for the ACU and one for the various planes bought during my stay in Strangereal. That's fucking all that goes in them but it's too much to fit in the warehouse.

Plenty of people homebrew and house rule. There's no reason to broadcast it.

>Soul Eater Werewolf
Didn't someone say that one of those could survive a fall from Soul Eater's moon? Sure, it would need to regenerate its' broken legs, and the moon is in the atmosphere, but that's still pretty crazy.
Not necessarily. TT Trigon transformed the Earth into a hellscape with his arrival, sure, but he was also wounded by Slade and the Titans, meaning Superman could have posed a threat. TT vs JL Trigon had more personal power. So, TT Trigon has more indirect power, while TT vs JL Trigon has more direct power.

Beating Trigon was easy with the power of Perks

Van Helsing gave me a perk where a "common weakness" of a type of Monster will ALWAYS work on them, regardless of that setting's limitations.

Holy Water, Ring of Salt or any number of things would bust Trigon's ass.

>There's no reason to broadcast it.
Is there really any reason to broadcast anything in these threads, other than asking for advice on builds? I only come here to be yelled at for doing things wrong.

>Spoiler
ACUs get their own docking bay attached to the warehouse through... It's how I manage to store my Planet-ACU.

>inb4 Red shows up and gets on her high horse about how she plays low power

Fair enough but that still leaves the matter of the jump being unwinnable without either significant out of jump magical protection or the fuck of to space contingency.

Are there any folklore shit that outright kill demons, though? I think most of these things fall somewhere between harm them/keem them from entering and banishing them.

Huh. You're not even trying to be coherent anymore, are you?

You've never been yelled at in these threads, user. You made a few moves and people bitched and talked shit, but you got no real bile because of that. Calm down.

You can post anything you want, but people are going to react to it. If it's neat, they'll say something if they don't think it works they'll say something.

Don't take it personal, just wade through the fray and have a good time.

I'm pretty sure there's a perk in KND that guards against transfiguration.

But if you don't have out of jump powers and don't go Half-Demon for portals or Tamaranian for space, then yeah, you're pretty much fucked.

>ACU
humor my mental deficiency, what jump?

Isn't Trigon a magical extradimensional entity, and thus one of the things Superman's weak to (or at least not invincible against)?

Cold iron and certain holy magics.

Supreme Commander.

Eh, warehouse is an option. Plus, being Raven's sibling would probably give you enough mystical protection to survive his world wrecking wave. That, or being undead. It didn't work on Slade.

Not just folklore shit, it also lends to shit you commonly see in modern fiction.
Blessed Bullets work in a number of things with Demons
As does just quoting the bible at them.

Oh. I completely missed that despite staring at it. Well, that's one less redundant storage bay.

Supreme Commander. They're pretty goddamn big. I think it was 90 meters or so, and that's if you don't grab the thing that doubles its size?

Yes, but Trigon swatted him like a bug with brute force in that movie.

>90m
>pretty goddamn big

Triples its size, actually.

Now that I think about it, isn't TT Trigon supposed to be omniscient? Or at least really fucking close to it? Might want to grab some perks to defend against his all seeing vision.

You know she's going to do it. She always shows up when someone brags about ACUs or LoTs or actually getting a fun combo because "Oh you shouldn't be able to destroy planets on a whim, you shouldn't be able to have the most powerful thing in the setting, wah wah wah!"

You just wait. She's going to show up and complain. If she takes the fucking hint and never posts again I'll be happy we finally got rid of the dumb bitch.

>being this new that he doesn't know about the nerfwhores

Oh well, if modern fiction count, I guess you could just go youtube.com/watch?v=THNaO8pZ7c8 on Trigon.

>That, or being undead
Death Knight vs. Trigon. . . FIGHT!!!

Yes and No
He can See All, but not all at once. He can see anything, but has to focus on specific things at a time.

I was not expecting Teen Titans to be a jump that requires this much planning and preparation just to survive.

Remember.

Let him rot.

Would anti-scrying abilities help in anyway or would you be better off with 'under the radar' perks?

Let him rot.

Let him trot.

This, but don't forget to report him so the mods finally remember to enforce rule #3

Well, that makes things a little better-oh wait a minute. He can make evil clones of people right? Could he make an evil Jumper clone? That's also a problem.

Pretty big when you consider that the warehouse portal maxes at 80m.

Oh shit, really? Awesome. I could probably replace its AA guns with the Stonehenge turrets in that case.

I'm entirely certain that I will traumatize my children when I get to Doom 2016, despite them being a bazillion years old by the time I get to it.
Otherwise, I have very low standards, and the worst I do to my companions is not give them enough outside time.
I only gave of the nine consciousnesses I can let out of the warehouse simultaneously, my wife and I take two.
I do keep the warehouse door open to let some fresh time in, and all my meta-media perks let them follow in spirit, so I'm not Konata bad...

It seems like anti-scrying would be best.

Maybe? I don't know, I spent most of the time Trigon was around trying to help Raven.

And not in the shitty way Robin did in the show. You can't deny your Evil urges. You need to accept them for what they are.

I'mma find Good Raven in Hell, and Evil Raven, and help them work things out.

>warehouse portal maxes at 80m

Always thought it was 80 sq ft (which is nothing at all desu.)

I don't THINK he'd be able to make them have out-of-setting powers.

>implying the mods care

Yup, it's a 200% increase on top of the size it already has. Go forth with giants guns!

And speaking of ACUs... I'm wondering... would layering hyperdense Adamantium armor, and hyperdense Cavorite anti-gravity, cancel each other's gravitational pull out or just cause it to go completely insane?

Tenchi has under the radar perks, as you put it, and that's a setting with the all powerful goddesses. I think that those perks, there are a couple of them and come in different flavors in that jump, would work in this instance.

I doubt that would impede him unless you have a perk that stops the duplication of out of setting powers.

>gave of the
I don't know how that got that bad...
*have a total of*

I sure as hell hope not. The only way the Titans beat their evil clones on the show was switching enemies. Considering how powerful jumpers would be, it'd probably be a pretty thorough stomp.

Oh wait yeah it is. I can't remember fucking anything today.
Even worse is it replaces the key entirely, so you can't build bigger doors and move things through that way.

>Tenchi
Never enough CP in that jump.

Hey man, stacking complaints against him until they can't keep putting it off beats doing nothing.

7. PS238

- Dorm Orphan
- 9 years old
- Madam Vashti {950}
- Mutations: Mystery of the Mask {Free}, Strong Because I Need To Be {Free}, Boy/Girl/Zergling Wizard (Illusions) {Discount, 750}, Miscellaneous Meta (Produces a caustic chemical similar to that of a bombardier beetle to attack at range) {350}
- Shinies: Holographic Disguise {Free}, Basic Super Suit {1 free}, Utility Ray (Mind Control Wand) {Discount, 250}, Power Glove {50}, Communicator Watches {0}
- Move On

"Ke!"

"Awww~!"

"Hey, where'd the dog get that wand?"

"I don't think dogs make that noise."

"Or eat that much."

"Can we keep him?"

"Kekekekekekeke!"

So what goes in Slot 4, and who ended up having to care for the little guy over the weekend several times during PS238?

I think YG has a perk that stops the copying of out of setting powers but otherwise he should be able to do it. . .

If Worm_user is here can we get an official ruling on the range limit for Doormaker portals?

>Has a Companion ever disappointed you, Jumpers?
I think Chimmy and Lexington were the only ones I weren't bitter towards during the Light of Terra, because the Digimon just sort of followed me into tyranny without a thought in their heads. I vastly prefer a companion to take their own agency, and they usually do nowadays. Though, they do tend to have the power to survive on their own now as well.

Toby grew up entirely without any reason to fear death or understand normal people beyond the basics. He grew up on the Light of Terra during the whole Van Helsing war against vampires, where he was the son of the ship's captain, who was too tired from war for discipline. Basically, I spoiled him, and while he did grow into a nice person, he didn't understand things like "risk management" or "not everyone can be an adventurer". I eventually had to force understanding on him, and responsibility. He does alright, but he's still a little disconnected.

>Have you ever disappointed one?
Chimmy and Lexington during Light of Terra, as a reverse of the previous. I gave up a lot of my loftier ideals to stick to the ones that were really important to me. Namely, I gave up freedom and kindness so that I didn't cause the permadeath and warp soul-eating of my companions. As far as I was concerned, everyone who happened to land on the planet with me was a soldier to be used to secure the world. That really cheesed off Chimmy, who did start a rebellion. The people he allied with would have been worse, though. I pulled away from Lexington out of a combination of guilt for getting him into this situation and self-loathing. Working through that was kind of the point of the 1st DLC, in spite of the actual story.

Then there were all the drawbacks I've taken that showed them exactly what I'd do for power. In Thundercats especially, since all the drawbacks were mind affecting. My companions hate mind affecting drawbacks more than I do.

What happened?

Were it not for the fact that Red still posts once in a blue moon, reality being stranger than fiction would tell me that faggot there has a mod in his pocket.

Sly Cooper, and probably the other little alien from the comic.

>spoiler
You just know it was Tyler.
Being Tyler is suffering.

Rolled 5 (1d8)

>1. EVO: Search For Eden
>2. Jurassic Park
>3. Pokemon Conquest
>4. Sly Cooper
>5. Nintendogs
>6. Courage the Cowardly Dog
>7. Ravenloft
>8. Doom 2016

>Nintendogs
That poor family. How are they ever going to afford feeding our little zergling?

So I have a question about the Exceed jump from the last thread. So the alternate Gun Bullet Girl capstone allows you to summon the Midgard Serpent. About how powerful is it? Because as bad an idea as it might be to summon it, the Godzilla Threshold exists for a reason. Sometimes, summoning the giant monster really is necessary.

Would a green lantern ring protect me?

user, you should know a GL ring is only ever good for punching stuff.

you get a set of three related powers of miscellaneous meta, so choose some other low-end insect biology things. Also orphan is a background with a history in the world so you do get a human form.

Uh, it might, actually. Especially if you have the DC one, those things cost 1000cp for a reason. Plus, worst case you can always use it to fuck off into space.

This is true. Your ring is modeled after a punchy moron's.

There there, Heavensanon.
You earned it.

>3

Oh. Oh, that's fun.

>Human form

...come to think of it, our little pal adapting to being human is probably going to be funnier. Pic probably not related.

Probably.

Speaking of which,

For those that experienced Instrumentality during the NGE Jump, what did you see?

>pic
Best girl

Fite me

That's a loss condition.

All of the powers you get from it ARE "summoning" the serpent. Your bulletspam is the result of calling on its power, and the transformation from going all out is the result of manifesting it physically using your body.

Shit, that's not even implied by the Perk, is it?

>We
Congratulations, I'm taking your bait.

I say this with all seriousness and complete honesty: I'd rather Bancho stay around than you. You know how asinine and pointless the phrase 'cancer' has become lately? You are cancer. You corrupt for no reason, you ruin because it's all your sick and twisted mind can find joy in. Bancho, even at his most Tera-ness, is better than you.

In short: leave. Go away. If you hate Red so much then there's a simple solution. Go. Away. Some of us want Red to stay here, and your antics have earned you a boogeyman name because of your single minded douchfaggory.

>Third Impact does not end the jump- as
long as you survive past Third Impact, you may live out your remaining years on what is left of Earth, or whatever other option best suits you.

The world ending.
...I had forgotten what day it was, and I was just chilling in space and then suddenly GIANT GREEN CROSSES. GIANT GREEN CROSSES EVERYWHERE.
Well, the power part coming from the serpent I got. But I thought that was unrelated to summoning it. Like, the city busting power was just calling on it, which was bad enough, but actually SUMMONING it was different, and much much worse.

>what is, the fact that he held all the souls of his entire species in his ring's light until bodies could be made for them
>what is, the fact that he makes detailed constructs for purposes other than punching

You.

Are feeding.

The moron.

Stop feeding it.

He's been doing this for years. He's been yelled at in all manner of ways. Your arguments are worthless. They're giving him what he wants.

Pre-Metzen, or Post-Metzen?

This is an incredibly important distinction.

>boogeyman name
>implying it's one guy
I'm not that user, but I really wouldn't miss Red if she just disappeared one day. She says she's changed but in reality all she's done is put a new layer on herself and pretended to be nice. You'll notice her "doesn't make rulings anymore" complaint is because people called her out enough on her choices which frankly don't make sense.

Shitposter is a stain, but he's not the only guy who thinks this place would be better without her.

It's pretty slutty to join in a planet-wide orgy.

Stop talking to it, just pretend it doesn't exist and it will lose its power here. It is nothing more than a hateful piece of shit that gets off on out being an asshole, any response to it and it wins.

She doesn't like anyone to mention LoT because she decided Babylon_Guy is conspiring against her or something

I'm telling you I'm too chaste, you dirty tang whore.