m.youtube.com/watch?v=DuDOzPd6bXU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not for anything resembling a tournament

>simple, functional cardbox
>expression of great concentration and care
>hair is unkempt, prioritizes her craft over her appearance
>hat backwards and tilted just-so
>sick-ass shades

She's more likely to beat my ass, but I'm not going down without a fight.

i'd buy her dinner first.

Man, I guess infect is even easier to play then I thought.

>go easy on the girl with the imposing terrifying shades and the gangsta hat
Nigga, this girl means business. She's gonna push your shit in if you're not careful

Depends. Is she playing mono-green? If so, she's going to lose no matter what I play.

>her

Not even

Sure it's a kid and the kid probably has like some sort of disease but you don't have >fun when you let them win. You might get good boy points for it but the 5 minute gratification you feel won't beat the joy in being able to actually do something. I'll beat that shitter to a pulp with a smile on my face and she's gonna like it.

looks like shes playing dredge

No. Its better to be beaten and learn how to deal with it then to be let win. Also it could be a trick and she might actually be good.

Never go easy on anyone in a tournament setting. Do your utmost to obliterate them. Going easy on someone is for when you're teaching them how to play a game.

I learned to play chess when I was 8 and played competitively through high school and university. After I taught people how to play and they became competent enough to make moves without help, I would slaughter them. Some people got mad about it, but I stand by making someone earn the win. My cousin actually managed to beat me once for the first time a few years ago. The victory meant a lot more to him because he finally earned the win and knew that I hadn't held back.

I don't have any fedora reaction pictures because I hate the meme,but I'd be willing to make an exception for this post.

>It's a tourney
NOPE

Why are you playing in a tourney if you aren't playing to win no matter what?

I spent literally $1,800 on my modern competitive deck, so no. I will not give up an easy win because someone decided that a casual deck is tournament ready.

Fuck no, I'm going to keep going till she's hilted

Backwards hat, tanktop, and Channel Fireball sunglasses?

Bitch knows exactly what she's doing. If you don't crush her, she's going to crush you.

this

>1,800

Did you get that money by being a man whore?

If by "man whore" you mean someone who works at a great job and set aside a small sum every month for six months before buying a deck? Then yes.

What makes you think manwhores can't have great jobs and budgets, you filthy whore?

>corporate man whore

At least a man whore gets laid.

I never go easy on anyone. It's disrespectful. If she's here, I'm giving her my best, and I expect the same from her.

>Six months for 1800 of spending money.
>Great job.
Interesting assertion.

>Assuming I work for a corporation
My work is not for topic on an anonymous image board. Though I will admit that $300 a month to save up for cardboard is kinda expensive for those of you who don't make $87,000 per year.

Over those six months I was buying 3 boosters every week for draft with friends so it wasn't like I was starving myself.

I would tell myself I'm going easy on her, to make the shame of losing to her that much more bearable.

>3,600 a year

You really need a cheaper hobby m8, even if your dad does works for Microsoft.

THREE WHOLE BOOSTERS! EVERY WEEK!

THAT'S LIKE AN ADDITIONAL $240!!!!!

Making a big fuss over "literally" spending $1,800 on a deck and bragging about your implied annual income yet acting all hush hush about your occupation is telling me that you're a faggot

Yes, I would pomf her very gently.

Truth is Nobody here has a well paying job and we all lie. Not the guy who posed either.

I would convince her to play a better game and realize how outdated Magic is. Well, I guess it's ok for age to play magic still, but then when she reaches 18-20 she can play better card games.

Why not move beyond cards?

Because there are still actually good card games out there.

Speak for yourself, I'm a shift manager at Burger King and make mid 6 figures

>INN/RTR block
>Some SCG bullshit tournament at the store
>About 10 players but there's boosters and some cool playmats to win
>Playing a kinda shitty all-in R/G aggro deck with too much green
>Stromkirk Noble kicking ass
>Burning Tree Emisary doin work
>Domri Rade possibly not the best decision
>Make it to the semi-finals by putting my hand on the board and turning it sideways
>Opponent is little girl, playing the W/G/R even more all-in version of my deck
>Maybe 10-12 years old
>First two games are close, we're 1-1 and she clearly knows how to play
>Aggro decks become less braindead against each other when you have to deal with blockers, combat tricks, and more complex combat math so I'm impressed
>Game 3 is close but she has a tempo advantage on me
>I make an aggressive attack swinging in with everything
>Dead on board to almost any card in her deck
>She draws
>tanks for a bit
>Can't remember her exact play but we both immediately knew it was the wrong one
>I swing back and kill her

I made a little girl cry, Veeky Forums, and it didn't feel good at all. Her brothers and dad were good sports about it thankfully. I did think it was great that she knew what her mistake was; she wasn't crying because she got beat but because she screwed up. That doesn't feel good when it happens to anyone and I can't expect a child to be able to handle those emotions as well. If anything the fact that she took it hard instead of brushing it off bodes well for her future skill at the game.

Never.
Give no mercy, expect no mercy.

But if you're playing with friends, use an appropriate deck.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DuDOzPd6bXU

I would perfect them and pop off too

Came here to say that

I was a casual Magic(tm) player years ago.
But I do play chess competitively, so I think I can answer your question with a decisive "HELL NO!"

You never go easy on your opponent in a tournament. Especially if your opponent is a child. If they've made it into the tournament at that age, it only means they're extremely talented. The one advantage you might have is experience, and you better make the most of it or you'll get eliminated by some 8-year old. You don't go easy on kids, you don't go easy on girls, you fucking play to win.

No. Not only is she a little hipster shit, but she's almost certainly better than me anyway.

Play to win.

She signed up for the chance of losing, and even a child knows what that means. If she wins, I want her to have earned it. If I go easy on her, then I'm wasting her time and robbing her of the chance to earn a real victory.

I know what it feels like to be toyed with when I expect a real competition. You're not doing her any favors by taking a dive.

look at those shades man

nigga means business, she's probably gonna whoop my ass

i would crush her mana

I wouldgo easy in that I would double-check her understanding of the rules and timing, if it looks like she misplayed because she didn't understand something I would say "So yo know it works like X right? Is that what you meant to do?" and let her take the move back. I do that a lot when I play casually but not at a real event unless I'm playing with a very inexperienced player, and the only real concession I'd give to a young kid is that I would initially assume they're very inexperienced.

Besides potentially giving information away with those doublechecks I would not misplay in any way, I would play to win. And if she knows her shit then I'll stop questioning her and just let her play and make her own mistakes. is completely right.

No, that would be sexist, ageist, and falling for a common trick.

>Playing Netrunner at regionals
>Little girl is last opponent
>I need a win to get a promo because tournament organizers fucked everything up

Double Scorched Earth on turn 3. No regrets.

From the way she looks I've seen enough Jojo to know her Stand is probably incredibly powerful

With glasses that relentlessly ugly? Not a chance.

I dunno, I've got a nice gig going. It wouldn't sound like much if I translated it to USD or euros, but I live comfortably here.

Nope, but if I soundly beat her I would offer her advice and guidance if she wanted it.
Got to keep people coming into the hobby and you don't do that by being an asshole.

I wouldn't on purpose but I would probably get thrown off by simultaneously trying to look and to not look down her shirt.

Children's Card Games are Serial. I have no reason to insult her honor.

If it was a tournament, no. I would be friendly and offer to help her AFTER the match but before and during I play to win.

What card games are better than magic? Don't see a wide variety of card games at my lgs

If she understands the game it would be insulting for me to go easy on her, she would notice

But I think most kids I'd go easy on

Dredge em. It builds character

would not go easy on him

You guys really have no shame.

>mirrored shades so her eye movements can't be tracked
>slightly sexualized appearance to distract male opponents
>highly focussed expression
I think the question here would be rather if she'd go easy on me.

I don't know how to play magic, so she'd probably beat me.

Why do people use sleeves?

To protect their cards? Pretty crazy notion, I know.

Is that the only reason? I honestly don't give a flying fuck about my cards. they are just cards.

Nope. 3 goblin guides on turn 2, hope she at least gets a free land.

Sleeves cost less than the cards which would be rendered unplayable after a few weeks of sleeveless play unless you're playing a deck of 60 duals/moxen, that shit will sell even if it's moldy and torn in half.

ITT: A bunch of whiny misogynistic manbabies cry about how they'd totally crush the dreams of a little girl who dared to enter their manosphere.

Damn straight. These fucking children need to stay away from my table. Go back to Hearthstone, bitch.

>Not being an objective meritocrat
Get good or go home. I've never gone easy on younger relatives or on inexperienced older ones, regardless of the game we were playing. A victory is worked hard for, not granted for free.

It's funny because the gender of the child is completely irrelevant.

I'd do it if it was a little boy too for what it's worth.

>Double Scorched Earth
My favourite netrunner deck is a shitty homebrew I affectionately call Weyland Tags, and it never ceases to irritate/amuse the people I play with.

>I'd do it if it was a little boy too
>I'd do a little boy

Veeky Forums

The gender of the child is completely relevant. The tabletop hobby has excluded girls and women for far too long. If a woman (especially a young girl) plays against you and you don't just let her win, you're a part of the problem.

Do cards become unplayable? I have been using them same cards for a very long time and they still work, the sides are a bit roughed up but that is it.

It's like watching a non-self aware asshat spew literal shit from it's mouth and hat.

the only person not self-aware here is you

I would give that dog money.
All the money

>LEL i wuz pretending to be retarded

Pffft teaching English to Chinese like every other liberal arts degree failure I presume?

No. Children deserve to suffer.

Her name is Dana Fischer and she is in fact a 'her'.

Nah, I'm not one for disrespecting my opponents in games.

It's the difference between selling a card for $10 vs selling it for $20.

How many blowjobs does throwing the game get me?

>not wiping the floor with the child
>not coming up to her parents afterward and offering to tutor her
>not spending the next 12-14 years forming a strong bond with her as a sort of roguish father figure
>not training her in philosophy and athletics as well to ensure she doesn't become a fatty/SJW
>not inviting her to your training cabin one summer for a 'special course' when she turns 18
>not brainwashing her to assassinate Angela Merkel with a tire iron on your next European tour
What exactly is the point of all you retards playing strategy games if you never flex your muscle irl?

I was concerned up until the last line when I realised you were a genius.

>1,800
>on a card game
please justify

>Shift manager at Burger King
you spelled "flip manager" wrong, fyi.

I am duly humbled by the master.

/thread

Hell no. I have too much respect for my opponents to pull punches.

makes 'em easier to shuffle, too

Because for some reason I have 6 promo forests and I like the full-art forests a lot. Best to keep them in perfect condition so they last as long as possible.

They do, eventually. If your cards are visibly worn and not in sleeves they can also be considered "marked" for the purposes of tournament play. Not to mention

Depends on what deck she brought.

If she brought a kitchen table deck full of shit cards she just liked the art of, she clearly has no interest in learning the game and just wants to fuck around. Not sure why I'm playing against her in the first place, though.

If she brought a competitive deck, going easy on her would be impolite. Same applies to tournaments.

I would do my best to win quickly, then offer to let her have my spot and let her play with my deck if it was in a tourney.

I'm not winning anyways.

Or she beats me and I grab a photo of when a kid beat me at MtG and hope she wins the tournament so I have a memento. Or if she loses next round I hang my head in shame and promise to git gud for next time.

I would never throw a game though. Kids are just tiny generally ignorant people who have difficulty with their emotions. And if I don't make exceptions for the majority of MtG tournament players who are exactly the same, why would I for her?