They should have made Squats the original Cult Mechanicus guys...

They should have made Squats the original Cult Mechanicus guys. Imagine a 40k where Cult Mechanicus is mainly populated by squats, and any humans are just the minority among them (but are still noticable).

Cult Mechanicus is already know for making 90% of humanity's machines, and the fact that they worship a contradicting deity to the rest of the imperium almost makes it seem like the Cult Mechanicus followers are a separate race all together. I get that they're half-robots, but still. if the Cult Mechanicus was made up mostly of Squats, everything would work out nicely.

I don't think there's any other way for squats to fit into 40k.

Squats not having their own real distinct play style is why they were squatted, supposedly. But I'm not interested in another dwarves-are-craftsmen repetition. I'd rather they have more jump or jet infantry than most armies, and have rules that take advantage of it.

>I don't think there's any other way for squats to fit into 40k.
having them as disparate bands of survivors fits perfectly fine, without trying to retcon stuff that's remained largely unchanged since 40k first popped into being

If squats were ever to become an official thing again, the squatting should actually be referenced as an in-universe event, rather than trying to sweep the elephant under the rug at the cost of everyone else.

This.

Img related, are they the squats from Iron Sleet? Their exo-armor looks so sweet.

Btw, what is the stance of Veeky Forums on Demiurgs, the rock people who helps the Tau?

dwarf ironbreakers son. someone just gave them bolters.

I was referring to this blog, where a guy made an amazing conversion of a squat force following space marines rules.

I thought they were from the same guy because the color scheme is similar, but the guy used the hammerers.

Pic is his terminator/exo-armour conversion

I fuckin love the Demiurg and want to see more of them.

Squats are stupid, and I'm glad they're gone. What's the obsession with wanting them back, anyway? Is it just because GW won't let you play them, so you MUST have them?

Seconding this, fuck Squats

KYS.

Idk if i would want beards on everything, even a lowly sertitor would have a dashing beard and it would be a corner stone of the imperium

>Squats are stupid
I don't lament their loss, but they'd still fit right in with the rest of 40k's dumb shit.

The majority of factions of 40k are stupid. Heck, 40k in general is stupid as fuck with no sense of scale or even internal consistency, squats aren't worse than space elves or space orcs.

They did in epic. Land trains, blimps, the big cannon-thingie. They were good fun.

Great idea, user. Today OP was not blahblahblah.

> I demand better storytime for my fantasy-space-armymen

you ever get long sleeve shirts from China where the arms end before your wrists?
that's why squats aren't the original ad mech.

no, because they couldn't retain the rights.

Squats have been member of the adeptus mechanicus ever since RT days, pic related.

as far as gameplay, i've always thought it would be cool if you ported their Epic vehicles into 28mm. obviously you couldn't afford to field more than 1 or two, but maybe every squat army has to build their force around a superheavy vehicle instead of an HQ. so the army would work like a giant lascannon-spewing bullet sponge that poops out choppy dwarves whenever it gets close to an enemy.

think the Ogre tank from the board game Ogre. think Reasonable Orks.

forgot the pic

Squats should be hardy cover-lovers, who are still able to take a hit in open combat.

Maybe something that reduces the strength of shooting attacks against them?

I hate that shit so much.

It makes no sense for a world with 0,38G like Mars to have dwarfs.
And I rather keep the biker gangs and mafia engineer guilds; at least those were distinct from the usual dwarf archetypes.

>land raider
hmm, I got the book and they definitely didn't have land raiders in it.

They were separated from the Imperium in 2nd ed.
Before that they were short humans, nothing more or less. You could have squad clerics and inquisitors.
After that the Engineer guilds became a separate entity that doesn't have the same tech as the mechanicus (despite some technologival exchanges). In particular, they have warp fission reactors.

Judging by the watermark it would seem they are by someone going by the moniker Technomartyr. They are similar to the ones from Iron Sleet though. Both are just ironbreakers with SM scout arms.

>What's the obsession with wanting them back, anyway?

Dorfaboos. Fat neckbeards who can't go five minutes without sperging out about how great fantasy fat neckbeards are.