>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=296GRzyN2t4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For those of you who took the Anartist perk in SCP, what are some of your favorite anomalies that you've created?

>a knife that cuts not the body but the emotional connections to people literally destroying relationships proportional to the amount of damage that the knife would've done.

> Booze that makes you act like you think you act when you're drunk rather than just getting you drunk.

> An object that seems suspiciously out of place no matter what context you encounter it in, Leo is still an artist after all.

> Adjustable Fractal blacksmithing tools for fine detail work

>A portable dent, about 4 inches in diameter and 3 inches deep, try not to get it on anyone you like.

A binary mandela that can terraform based on sympathic principles

A sculpture resembling a broken but functional 1980s-era computer, that mends other broken devices placed on one scale using parts from a whole object with a binary code whose code has been typed onto the computer moniter

A species of men with TVs, cameras and other recording devices for heads that seek out children to teach them important life lessons. They have a monochromatic berserk mode in case the children are endangered.

A channel played at irregular hours that contains a private subspace at midnight, populated by holographic phantasms from the collective unconsciousness

A brand of digital scanners which can steal souls and store them in aerosol cans

A 12-dimensional Newton's Cradle that generates miniaturised weather when watered with fairy tears

For the sake of asking, are there any jumps that explicitly give you the potential for growth in one aspect or another, just for having been there?

>A channel played at irregular hours that contains a private subspace at midnight, populated by holographic phantasms from the collective unconsciousness
What you did there.

I see it.

You mean like how Infamous freely gives you a Conduit power that grows?

Overlord, all the d&d jumps, Devil May Cry

Question I'm reading Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and the third scenario doesn't specify whether it gives or requires CP, should I assume that it gives CP like the previous two?

I mean like how GUNNM gives you the karmatron nanomachines, or how EVO gives you mysterious time stream, or how Elona just says that you improve a little just by doing basically anything, or how HSDK gives you master's physique.

>Booze that makes you act like you think you act when you're drunk

That's actually the coolest item of his list.

>you may gain a maximum of 1200 CP from Scenarios – 600 CP from the Phase Scenarios, and 600 CP from the Backdrop Scenarios.

That's 200cp per phase of the scenario, plus 200cp for each backdrop scenario, from what I gather. Just make sure your totals add up.

I know, that's why I responded

hey I'm not arguing, they can't all be winners.
thanks.

GUNNM gives you those for free?

The bit in Elona that says "doing just about anything that isn't dieing seems to improve your skills, even if it's just a little bit" is in the intro though, rather than being explicitly a perk, so it might not be something that carries on into following jumps though?

What jump is HSDK?

>GUNNM gives you those for free?
No, as a bonus for buying two separate perks.

Star Wars KOTOR gives you Force potential just for going there. Naruto gives you Chakra potential just for going there.

>HSDK
History's strongest disciple.

Hey Jumpchain, if I bound a literal demon or demon-esque entity to my doorknocker so as to make it talk, would I then need to pod the doorknocker?

Yup. Same as for any sapient item or object

it depends if you would need to pod the demon or not.

Well, nuts. Oh well.

I guess use a demon that's non-sapient enough that it counts as a pet rather than a companion?

>if I bound a literal demon or demon-esque entity to my doorknocker so as to make it talk
>doorknocker
Is this a euphamism? Because if it is, that is the weirdest fetish I've ever heard of this week. A talking "doorknocker."

Fallout lets you Tag three skills which permanently grow faster from then on.

look into wak-fu the Guardian origin provides a free demon item, and in Canon there is an entire demon house so a door knocker shouldn't be too much, also it does not count as a companion so your doorknocker .would not require a pod.

I mean, I'd be willing to let it just function as an enchanted doorknocker. It might be stretching the letter of the law (or it might not, idk, depends on the mechanics of it all), but it's certainly well within the spirit of it. As long as you're not trying to use the doorknob to skirt around the companion rules, that is.

can you create demons? If it's someone you made it doesn't need a pod but it will take up a companion slot.

Fallout is a trash jump until the nerf is removed.

never ever user
Just pretend it doesn't exist

I was going to say it but yeah there is no reason to lose your powers who thought that shit was a good idea?

Most of the thread back when it was first created.

Eldar retcon:

Way of the Laughing God
Guardian Training
Psychic Race
Eldar Physiology
Lost to the Path 400
Seer 600
Player 700
Shadowseer 1000
Solitaire
Bonesinger 1400
Saim-Hann
Inquiring Minds 1300
Eldrad 1000

Took out a few of the smaller more generic perks and added Inquiring Minds to take Bonesinger. I liked the Path of the Artisan so it was a shame to drop it but I figure any musical ability I learn in 40K is going to be tainted by the setting. It's all informed as well "these really repressed guys are really really good at music" and not something you can easily imagine.

Mostly occurred to me as a thing to do because of the recent Aquaria and Ar Tonelico builds having a lot of singing magic and singing things into existence. Figured it'd all help out and having access to Eldar crystals and shit as I go along. Initially stayed away from the tech stuff in this jump as I figured that Dark Eldar tech is better but then I realised that was a little silly given they can both be used at the same time.

Drawbacks now result in an Inquisitor and demons popping up from time to time and Eldrad giving me the business. Whole thing probably makes me some weird Eldar folk devil (which I sort of already was due to the Solitaire thing).

This.

If a jump has a preposterous You Lose Your Powers clause at the beginning of the jump, I just ignore that. In LoT its a choice, so that's fair. In jumps where its a drawback, it's a choice, so that's fair.

But the muh speshul setting, muh theems bullshit just gets ignored. Its called jumpchain. And I reserve the right to beat settings, setpieces, entities, agents, and various passersby with the length and heft of my chain.

youtube.com/watch?v=296GRzyN2t4

Good for you. I like to give myself double points. Nobody cares if you want to cheat at a single-player game.

So what happens in bloodborne if you get a rune (beast's embrace) but not the tools to remove it?

Does the effect follow you, does it become an alt-form or what?

I made a beast build and took all the blood beast scenarios but didnt buy the rune tools.

False equivalency.

Well, apparently you care user. Thanks for caring user, it makes me feel warm inside.

>Cheating
>Giving special exemption to Fallout nerf compared to the other things people house rule
>Giving special exemption to Fallout against the standards of jumpchain compared to other jumps in tolerating said nerf

I've seen a couple of dragonlance builds so far, but has anyone gone kender? Has anyone imported their companions as kender?

Jumpchain! Who would you turn into a kender, and why?

>Who would you turn into a kender, and why?
Kender Ladycard.

They'll never suspect a thing until it's too late.

>Kender Ladycard.
Steals your soul with a smile on her face and a song in her heart

Oh god, no, please. Don't make me kill you.

It's in the single digits for Jumps. It might have even been the first or second fanjump. Yes, it's entitled to a special place. It existed before the rules said it couldn't.

Or alternatively, pic related.

Sorry for the terrible reference.

I've strongly considered it. Imagine being able to get away with all your Magpieing using the Mary Sue Aura that Kenders have. Just smile and say "oh, it must have fallen into my pocket" with cloying sincerely.

And yet the entire problem for both sides could be fixed with Wild Card going "Okay, sure, you don't need to take it if you don't want to." And then everyone would be happy. Simple as that. Don't even need to put it in the jump really, something like this can easily be passed around the thread as knowledge, it's the same with plenty of in thread clarifications jumpmakers have made.

But that doesn't happen. Wildcard clings to his swiss cheese justification of it fitting the theme and ignores any and all arguments or pleads to change it or even just turn it into a drawback. So we keep having arguments and people starting shitstorms and more arguments and so on...over something that can be fixed with say, 6 words? "It's not mandatory to take it."

Can you import the same item as a Goblin Sword and a Wand of Elder in Harry Potter?

Also, do you want it put in the drive?

>I don't like that Fallout keeps me from being OP, so I will ignore it
>I don't like that having a CP limit keeps me from being OP, so I will ignore it
False equivalence how exactly?

>I don't like that I am forced to follow someone 'opinion' on what is fun
>I don't like that someone's opinion on a setting is treated as law
>I don't like having my choices arbitrarily restricted and given no good reason why
Yeah, no.

Are... are you serious? Removing your existing abilities is much, MUCH different from limiting how many new abilities you can purchase.

See If someone wants to use the power they've gained in other jumps, what's wrong with that?

Your argument could work for both ignoring the Fallout Nerf and ignoring CP limits, though. You know that, right?

I wonder what would a good magpie jumper build look like. The average jumper is already pretty much defined by greed and envy, so that would only increase natural tendencies.

For example, are there perks that make you better at stealing conceptua things?

Y'know, there was a time he was considering it and said he might do so in an update once he'd gotten FO4 and played it, something that would only happen once FO4 was $30 on steam according to the archive. He also said he was fine with someone else coming along and making FO4, and that's what happened.

Now Fallout probably won't get an update, so even if he did get to the point of changing his mind (still rather unlikely given how set on it he was) it's unlikely it will be changed.

That said, well reasoned points (sorta like yours) would probably work better to change his mind than the vitriol discussion of it normally spawns. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen because this is the internet, and Veeky Forums, and Veeky Forums, and /JC/, so someone would yell shit at him and nothing would happen.

No and yes please.

Importing an item as two items is too weird to try to work out. It's like trying to import the same companion into two different roles.

Its just pride at this point. Despite how often this shit gets brought up, despite how easy it is to fix this for everyone involved, he doesn't change it.

It's not like he's absent, either. He's still around. He just doesn't want to admit his fuckup.

It's exactly the same. "This is a limit the CYOA author imposed on me. I don't like it. Therefore I will ignore it." It's just a matter of scale.

Fair enough. I thought it might give it two extra forms you could swap between, and also let you cast with a sword which sounds fun.

I'll toss it up for you.

Or he disagrees with you. Jumpmakers aren't your puppets who have to do whatever you ask them to. If he likes it, and he's heard the arguments, but still wants to do it, then in the end it's his Jump.

That's a valid critique if this is a stand alone CYOA in the general thread. The issue is that Fallout, and a few like it, ignore one of the basic mechanics of jump chain.

Like said, if its a choice to give up powers in order to have a certain experience, no one has issues with that. The problem is he's ignoring fundamental jumpchain mechanics purely for the sake of his artistic integrity or some other bullshit.

yeah, no. Sharing a single quality does not make two things "exactly the same".

Or he could just give a post in thread with 6 words (See above). Maybe it might not change anything, but the chance that it might is better then sitting back and willfully doing nothing to try and stop arguments about it happening. If you were in a crashing plane, would you ignore all the safety instructions just for the sake of it or would you follow them on the small chance it might help you survive?

People have posted well reasoned and polite points many times before, I've seen them and while it might be hard to remember under the shit storm Wildcard's decision often inspires, I'm sure you have as well.

Really? Gosh, those Lewd Jumps we totally have and that totally weren't driven out of the thread in spite of the jumpmaker's disagreeing with the thread really support your point. Or those arguments over Libriomancer or Vampire Diaries at the start, they totally didn't end with the jumpmaker backing down and changing things even when they expressed they wanted otherwise.

I honestly wonder if the person bringing it up is just Antired trying a new tactic. Random post attached to a reply which mentions the work doing nothing but throwing salt around? It fits his MO. So we might as well keep the Nerf because then he's less likely to try and find new topics to throw salt on.

Nah, the FO nerf is loathed by plenty of people. To grant you some tinfoil, maybe antired brought it up, but there are genuinely plenty of people that hate that part of the FO jump.

And it rarely gets personal about WC, its just that little fucking line in that one jump.

I think if you're going to do nothing but throw around accusations of someone being someone else with zero evidence, you shouldn't talk at all. You and your type are one of the biggest contributors to the toxic atmosphere that can form here at times, with your paranoia, witch hunting and instant dismissal of any argument the moment 'anti-red' is even brought up.

Basically, if all you're going to do is, ahem, 'respond to a random post to do nothing but throw accusations around', I think you should fuck right off.

Red is the same color as blue!
They're both light!
Prove me wrong!

That's the big thing. Wildcard makes fucking amazing jumps, some of my favourite we have are his creations. They look fantastic and they have so many things. But this bullheaded stubbornness about keeping that restriction an absolute thing stops so many people from appreciating what an awesome jump Fallout is. I just can't comprehend why he does this.

>stealing someone's grief
>swiping the cancer out of someone
>grabbing the fire out of someone's home
>mugging people for their aches and pains
I can get behind this.

I have a question, what would happen if you brought Cthulhu to the Warhammer 40k universe?

He'd probably get stomped. He's only about the level of a Greater Daemon or Daemon Prince, so on a local level he'd be strong but on the whole setting scale he's chump change. Basically the same as in Lovecraft really.

What if.
No, dude, what if
Listen to me dude
What if your blue and my red are like, the exact same.
Woah dude. I just blew my own mind.

Don't suppose anyone knows just what sort of 'odd behaviour' Porygon Z displays?

I'm tempted to evolve my companion so he can reach his full potential, but if it would make him crazy I'd rather not do it.

The real question is: who wins between Nyarlathotep and Tzeentch?

Clearly. Light was invented by aliens, after all.
ALIENS THAT ARE TRYIN' TO STEAL MUH JUMP CHAIN!

>crimson is totally its own primary color, guise!

Nyarlathotep. With trivial ease. Dude is like...5th? (Azathoth-Nameless Darkness/Unknown Mist-Yog Sothoth-maaybe Shub Niggurath and then Nyar) in on the overall power hierarchy of Lovecraft. That's over a infinite multiverse, not a single galaxy like the Chaos Gods.

_________Creed________

Well, the Fallout Nerf is fine, but it should be more specific about how it nerfs your powers. Kind of hard to understand to what level things are nerfed, besides technology. Can anyone clarify?

But nyarly likes to go slumming with humans.

You realise that "cloying sincerity" only works on suckersGood-aligned folk, right?

Liked this a lot. Actually made me laugh.

>Creed using non-euclidean geometry to sneak in a Baneblade

Magenta a shit.
Kill you're self.

So? Going unnoticed among humans (Or not, fucking with them for fun also applies) is a common feature of many, many gods of all different power levels. The Presence of DC has done it a few times I believe, doesn't make him street level.

>Companion Creed
>Jump NGE
>Go Angel
>Jump VH
>Get IB
>Bite Creed
>Creed is now an NGE Angel
>Win at everything

>cat drags in a carcass as a sign of affection
Yes. It was quite nice.

Never said it xid.

Dirty humie lover.

And Yog Sothoth once had a baby with a human (Who you can see to the left, reminds you how freaky the Mythos can be huh?). It doesn't change that literally everything in existence save 3 things are just fragments of Yog's infinite being.

The Dubious Disc was rushed so it turns him into a glitchy mess. If you can get past Silph DRM you might be able to patch it yourself, though.

Yeah, reproducing with humans doesn't mean you're a scrub.

Not really and that's really half the problem. It was something brought up at the time that a lot of the stuff you can bring in from other settings can't really be nerfed down to Fallout levels as it's totally incommensurable with stuff from Fallout. Avada Kedavra for instance has no near equivalent as it does no damage but it always kills.

Secondly the description says something along the lines of 'stuff is brought down to being appropriate for the setting' and at the same time says something about how your magical attacks are more like rockets now than mini nukes which seems to imply that stuff that hits the top end of Fallout power is actually further nerfed to being less than its nearest equivalent. Then it goes into a dragon -> deathclaw example that further muddies the water and says you can't just take over the wasteland by being a one man army/badass. Weird thing about that is that that's more or less the entire premise of New Vegas.

I think Wild Card has acknowledged some of this stuff before as well but obviously given every time it comes up a bunch of people start calling him an asshole you can sort of see why he doesn't want to play ball at this point.

>Doesn't want to play ball
Except he's never done anything but stick to the justifications he first said, even when people pointed out how flimsy they were. People got more and more agitated over time as nothing was done. As some people pointed out earlier, in this thread and waaaay back in our overall history, many solutions have been proposed and plenty of people have been reasonable.

It's been so long and so many attempts have happened that it can often seem that people like have a good point. It's hard to argue that their wrong when presented against all the facts.

Any idea how he's glitching? Spazzing out? Paranoia? Being stupid? I really don't know how I could patch him without essentially mindwiping him.

If it's too bad he'll just stay as Porygon2.

This isn't official, but I like to imagine what they'd be like in a quality mod that introduced the power. So it's not going to break the game by itself, but it's still going to give you cool options.

Blah blah JoJo stand supplement blah.

Thanks!