What would a half kobold half goblin creature look like?

What would a half kobold half goblin creature look like?

Your mom.

A troglodyte.

I often wonder how Troglodytes became stinky lizard people.

When I think "Troglodyte" I imagine a cave-dwelling relict humanoid like a Morlock.

A mistake

maybe because thats just how humans called them as some kind of insult? like they just discover this primitive stinky race of lizards and they went "what a fucking troglodyte!" and it stuck.

would it be smarter than a troglodyte?

An abortion.

Depends on
>system
>setting
>design used
tbqh

Nobby Nobbs

Its called a pugbear.
Magical realm provides.

yea probably

>see pic
>see crotch
>think its a loin cloth
>censorBox.png
>realize some body faps to this

Y'all are strange.

it dosent even look sexy.

Fucking Agreed

Weird fucking people on Veeky Forums today.

Without resorting to rules, explain to me the functional difference between a kobold and a goblin.

Why have two small, subterranean races of monster that serve essentially the same purpose?

Like an AD&D kobold.

I want to believe thats how the MiG-15 got the NATO reporting name Fagot.

Goblins are the raiders, the sheep-stealers, the sadistic little bastards who mutilate woodland animals for fun.

Kobolds are paranoid xenophobe recluses who will make you walk on rusty nails for every step you take in their territory, while raining broken bottles and bricks down on you, until the insane prophet trying to become a dragon or the actual dragon itself that they serve does something worse to you.

So you're saying there's something necessarily goblin-like about being sheep-stealers and sadists and something necessarily kobold-like about being crafty trapsmiths?

Can a goblin not make good traps and serve a dragon? Can a kobold not steal sheep and be sadistic?

Why the need for two different races to serve these different purposes when you could just make them all the same thing?

Well, for the whole dragon servitude thing, Goblins would much more likely be pressured into slavery by the dragon.
Kobolds would worship it.

Kobolds are also much more militaristic and tend to be closer to neutral than a purely Chaotic Evil race.
Goblins are more tribe-y and are much more chaotic. They're also more likely just to be a different race's Mooks due to slavery and other such shit.
personal example, my party encountered a Kobold camp that had goblin slaves.

Furthermore, homogenization is fucking lame.
Why have two dexterity based classes that can chose between Melee and Ranged offense (rogue and ranger) when they could just be rolled into one class?

>Why have two dexterity based classes that can chose between Melee and Ranged offense (rogue and ranger) when they could just be rolled into one class?

Indeed. Why have those? The original game didn't. They aren't really necessary, and their abilities can be represented just as well by other classes.

For what it's worth I'm really only asking these are thought experiences, not judging others' ways of running their games. Personally I find the more modern take on Kobolds to be interesting, since they fulfill a different niche than Goblins now as dragon servitors.

Only problem is that they took it a little too far by letting them get draconic powers and saying they have actual dragon blood. That lessens dragons in my eyes.

I personally just use kobolds as skittery little lizard shits who make traps and steal money for their dragon lord, almost the rogues to the goblins' barbarians, at least in a more thematic sense.

pretty much. in my setting goblins are the underfoot of the goblinoid army. a whole fucking bunch of shitty little goblins (or gerblins as people call them as an insult) who win battles simply because of their numbers. Without a leader the goblins will just chaoticly stab each other in the back for a nice spot (a bit like skaven i guess)

While kobolds are more this race of slightly smarter (although not wise at all) crafty things that live underground worshipping and working for the only dragon left on the continent. also goblins dont have sunlight sensitivity while kobolds do.

Smeagol.

looks more like a human/goblin than a goblin/kobold to me.