My friends want me to play dnd with them...

My friends want me to play dnd with them. I want to see how long it takes them to realize I am literally just playing as nightcrawler from the xmen.

What race/class ect do I need? He is acrobatic, can teleport, can climb on walls, is invisible in shadows, and can fence well.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uLOMdddg11A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>dnd
What edition?

What ever is the new one or most commonly played one currently

wew lad

I literally do not know which version. I think it's 5th?

They'll catch on after they realized that your character will not stay dead ever.

Kek, I don't think any of them will understand being a fun, swashbuckling, Catholic is his character. I think they think he is edgy or something

>5th
Warlock's One With Shadows invocation lets you turn invisible as long as you are standing still in dim light or darkness, you'd need to take teleport spells like Misty Step and the Spider Climb spell for the other supernatural abilities, then take Acrobatics and Party Face skills.

Oh, and ask your DM if you can Fluff Eldritch Blast as teleporting up to people and punching them, although that would make it a tad more obvious.

Is there a specific race that would work best? And can I sword fight as a warlock?

Tiefling, obviously.

>Is there a specific race that would work best? And can I sword fight as a warlock?
Just a race that boosts Charisma for your spell casting, Half Elf has better stat boosts, but you could probably manage to get your DM to let you be a blue skinned Tiefling, though asking for that would again make it more obvious, and yes, you can be a Pact of the Blade Warlock to hit people with weapons.

Sweet thanks. Yeah the tiefling makes the most sense from Google saying people hate them and think they are evil

THAT is a loaded question. There are a total of five and two halves editions currently.

The most recent is Fifth Edition, and is rather popular at the moment.

The most common is 3.5, because it was the standard for nearly a decade, despite numerous mechanical flaws.

I like to compare the editions to Operating Systems for computers.

Chainmail is the early progenitor. It's like DOS.

DnD1: is Windows 1.0. It's ancient, but it started the trend.

DnD2: Is windows 95. It's what gave us the basic layout we're all familiar with.

Advanced DnD2: is like Windows 98: It plugged a lot of the holes in the previous version, added new functionalities, and made the system easier to use. It had its own flaws, but we kind of gloss over them out of respect for the many advances it made pushing the industry forward.

DnD3.0 is like Windows ME. It was there. We don't talk about it. And for damned good reason.

DnD3.5 is like Windows XP. It was the standard for a long time, it's what many MANY people were first introduced to, and it had the most support, despite its flaws and bugs, of any edition.

DnD4th edition is like Windows Vista. An attempt to take the niche successes of the previous edition and apply them to a broader audience while fixing the mechanical issues in the background. It fails at all of those goals and is often derided as an inferior product.

DnD5th Edition is like Windows 7, the company's apology to its customers for the last edition. A sincere effort produced by skilled professionals to create a stable product which provides exactly what the customer desires.

What edition gets played is entirely based upon the tastes and familiarity of the group in question. It was like pulling teeth to get my group to upgrade from 3.5 to 5th, and now they're doubting their own ability to go back to previous editions after enjoying it so much.

Tiefling (for fiendish appearance and some interesting spell like abilities)

For Warlock be a Fey Pact with Boon of the blade to be swashbucklery.

I believe fey pact nets you some local teleport abilities added to your spell list, and you can pick up a spider climb power from your invocations.

That is how to Nightcrawler in 5e.

Conversely, you could also pursue this as a Eldritch Knight (fighter archetype) or Arcane Trickster (Rogue Archetype).

Now, if we were doing 3.5 you could just be a Swordsage lesser Tiefling and do it all out of the box.

Warlock, pact of blades and eldritch glaive (?) For bound weapon saber wackiness

See if you can't dip monk, or at least take IUS and some AC boosters.

See, I'm thinking Sorcerer would be better for Nightcrawler, for the BAMPF.

All you need is misty step and there you have your teleportation. Ask your DM if you could play the Favored Soul archetype that is in an unearthed arcana, it nets you medium armor and extra attack. Raise your dex and con, and only use spell slots on Misty Step. Dip into Rogue for sneak attacks. Invisibility is really strong this edition, so when you can just grab Greater Invisibility as a sorcerer spell. Also grab Spider Climb for climbing on walls.

There is enough weapons grade retardation in this post to cause an autism singularity.

I think it's OK as analogies go.

You are really autistic about this.
Also
>off by one

>For Warlock be a Fey Pact with Boon of the blade to be swashbucklery.
>I believe fey pact nets you some local teleport abilities added to your spell list, and you can pick up a spider climb power from your invocations.

If you're going fey-pact I'd advise OP to go with a Cat-Boy for race rather than tiefling.

youtube.com/watch?v=uLOMdddg11A

No real reason to post this. Just thought it was fun to watch.

Most of that seems relatively fine, though iirc 1e was "Basic" and "Advanced" and then they released "Advanced Second Edition" and kept Basic pretty much the same (or maybe exactly the same, I haven't looked at it much).

>DnD4th edition is like Windows Vista. An attempt to take the niche successes of the previous edition and apply them to a broader audience while fixing the mechanical issues in the background. It fails at all of those goals and is often derided as an inferior product.
Now, I haven't played much of 4e, but from what I have seen it seemed fairly mechanically solid. Marketing and presentation fuckups screwed it, that's for sure, but what didn't you like about the mechanics?