Has a girl ever asked you to get her into tabletop?

Has a girl ever asked you to get her into tabletop?
If so, how did it turn out?

It mas surprise you, but women like tabletop too. They don't need to be invited in.

Yes. Reasonably well. I put together small army she could use, she played for a year or so. Then we broke up. Couple months later she called to buy the army off me.

Yes.
Poorly.
Shadowrun is for fags and that's all they wanted to play.

The GIRL shitposter must have been unbanned.

Well i think they would be invited in. You don't just show up and expect to join or force it on people user :^ )

Yes. On three occasions. Worked well the first time; now we're married. Worked well the second time, she's now my best friend other than my wife and has introduced gaming to her family too. We play a monthly game. Just recently asked by a co-worker but have yet to arrange the game, so we'll see how it goes.

>They don't need to be invited in.

Of all the women I've seen who like tabletop this has never been the case. Maybe it's just my area.

Yes. A friend's (at the time) girlfriend.
She misunderstood the difference between "castles and dragons and saving the village fantasy roleplaying" and "crappy romance novel fantasy roleplaying".
She played for 10 minutes and dropped it forever, fairly understandably.

One of my own exes asked to play D&D with us. She had fun but was dogshit at her own customization and deferred to me for build choices. As a consequence when it was my turn to DM I wouldn't help her and she got disenchanted since she preferred playing over building. She still plays periodically.

Yes, I've had 4 separate girls ask to join my D&D group. Not a single one of them wanted to come back a second time.
I blame "nerd culture" and shit like Big Bang Theory for making people think that they will be cool if they get into tabletop gaming, only to find out that it's actually a hobby that requires dedication, effort, and passion to truly enjoy. These bitches think that D&D is like monopoly with dragons or some shit, and when they get there they find out that it's actually a co-operative storytelling effort with a complicated rules and grown men pretending to be elves, then the girls get all butthurt when they see that nerd culture isn't just a quirky label you can attach to yourself to build your nerd cred.

My tabletop group has 3 girls. They're fun. Oddly, always the first one's to resort to violence.
Like we're doing a campaign about freeing a city from a tyrant and we kill his lieutenant as a boss, and all 3 of em clamoring to chop her head off and send it to the tyrant.
They're crazy terrorists mang. Me and one of the other guys want to rebuild the city into a good place and we always gotta talk em down or I actively have to stand in their way.

>I blame "nerd culture" and shit like Big Bang Theory for making people think that they will be cool if they get into tabletop gaming

This...a billion times this

Twice good. One average.

A girl once asked me to DM for her and a group of friends. So I raped all three of them.

Serves her right.

9th post best post

Not even going to read the rest of the thread.

I've had this happen on six occasions with dudes, two with chicks. It's not a gender problem, it's universal bullshit.

Sounds like the girls you like are idiots. The ones in my group are actual nerds.
One loves Fantasy and is super into ASoIaF and she's always getting us to play the boardgames.
Another is baller as hell at the civ series, plays on emperor and marathon.
Last one isn't too nerdy, just the gf of one of the players. She's a bit quiet but tries her best to role play.

Hmm. Not asked me to get into Tabletop. I've had girls who've already dabbled in other genres join the game, and it's never them who've asked on their own, but rather my extending the invitation. (Can't ask just one or two people in the room and not extend the invitation to everyone else... kind of a dick move. Besides, the more the merrier.) I've had a girl in the social circle I'm currently a part of bring it up, stating that she "Wouldn't even know where to start". Of course I extended an invitation but can't imagine she'll take the offer.

But I think it's what I play that makes things a bit tough. The Battletech setting is absolutely fantastic. In some areas, heavily detailed. In others completely ambiguous. It's also done a pretty good job of maintaining a gender neutral feel to it, especially since what's between your legs doesn't reflect how well you can drive a giant robot. There's also plenty of room for the politicking that some folks like, thanks to feudalism being the modus operandi for the setting.

But none of these can really be appreciated without sinking your teeth into the novels, sourcebooks, etceteras. Women tend to be turned off because "Lasers and robots are dumb", and male players tend to be turned off by "80s art and spreadsheets for tracking damage". However, men and women alike seem to enjoy themselves pretty well when you can convince them to sit down for a game. Usually, the game sessions are followed by their looking at a clock and saying "Where did the day fucking go?"

>The ones in my group are actual nerds.

I'll take "sentences no one has ever said with a straight face" for 500, Alex.

Can confirm. It's 110% true for my group and I still can't say it with a straight face.

Just cuz it feels retarded to say doesn't mean it isn't true.

Also, you can't say anything with a straight face, usually because of the jizz on your chin.

It will always be a lie. Girls aren't nerds, they're attention-seekers. Those ones just happened to find a reliable source of attention in the form of you and the people around you.

Bruh, why are you so hostile toward women? Like everyone is just a person. Some women are nerds, some do it for attention. Just like with guys.

even thou i know you're jsut a troll i will still tell you: you're fucking wrong mate.

i actually met my gf of now over 4 years through gaming and trust me: she can be every bit as nerdy as the guys in my group
the main difference i guess is that she gives a shit about her looks, thus not looking the part

>Dude brings his girlfriends to the game
>he can't properly break up with them
>eventually have his 3 ex-girlfriends play regularly
>none of them know how to make characters or anything
How do you deal with this?

This poster is a fedoraman that is creating a villain to samefag respond to in order to make himself seem "cool" by comparison.

Yep. We're married now and have a kid.

To be fair any girl who;
>Plays civ xd
>Likes Girm!
>Super into boardgames guise!
Is probably fake as fuck.

As least that one bitch stays quiet.

White Knights

Talk to him, tell him to stop bringing people who aren't there to play.
Talk to them, ask them if they are there to play or there to hang out, and make it clear this is a shape up or ship out conversation. Not everyone is really a good fit for pnp games.

Yes. She wound up fucking every member in the group except me at one time or another.

Next time they show up just open the door and say;
>"You know how you're boyfriend doesn't want you anymore? Neither do we."
And slam it in their faces.

Problem solved.

>Talk to him,
He's an old personal friend but gets defensive easy

>Talk to them, ask them if they are there to play or there to hang out, and make it clear this is a shape up or ship out conversation
They'll say they will shape up but nothing really solid.

>You know how you're boyfriend doesn't want you anymore? Neither do we
I wish this would work but he's still very 'friendly' with them.

>He's an old personal friend but gets defensive easy
Man up. If his actions are bringing the game down, the root problem is him.
>They'll say they will shape up but nothing really solid.
Then they get the boot, end story. You can be diplomatic about it, but this is how it must be.

Kill them all.

Make a suit of the skins.

You know it's The Way.

Leave group. Find new one.

We turned her into our foreverGM. It's worked out surprisingly well.

Those are some big gazongas

Never had a woman ask to get into table top gaming in general. But specific games I've had them ask about or want to try.

Mostly TCGs, but couple times for RPGs and Miniature Wargaming. Though I do admit they don't stay into the games long or take long breaks between.

Is this Emily Dewey?

>women don't into fantasy

Oh bullshit, the tabletop/wargame thing i *might* buy if I didn't have several female friends that are avid players. But anyone who says a ton of girls aren't into "fantasy stuff" in general is either blind or fucking retarded: Pick a popular fantasy/sci-fi novel/TV show/Film and I bet you 80% of all fan art and fics and cosplay for that series are the work of grills. In fact I'd say that girls are more fanatical as fans of fantasy IPs then guys and there are plenty of them

I convinced my GF to play Pathfinder. I had to do all the crunch for her, but I asked her a lot of questions to get her to design a character she wanted to play. She ended up making a fairly try-hard character (Teifling Ranger, quiet and brooding, concealing her lineage, etc) but since it was her first time, I didn't hassle her too much.

We haven't played in some time, but she's eager for me to start a new game.

Mary Purly.
Google search, son.

No, but a girl has asked me to get into her on a tabletop. I promptly obliged.

Serious hat on, yes when I formed my first tabletop group two girls wanted to play, one was really great, interested in role playing and the gamier side, the other was kind of obnoxious and we had to keep her there because she was dating my best friend who was playing. The next group I ran fun girl came back, with her boyfriend who was a worse player than her, more of a kill-everything type. My then-gf-now-wife also played and she was a little timid getting into it first but was a good player and would be willing to play another campaign. Wife's former room-mate was in a VtM LARP so idk about that...

Pretty much. It's gotten to the point now, where I find myself pre-judging people who wear "nerd glasses" in public. In Hollywood, fake horn-rims used to be called "Specs of +4Int" by the props nerds and the thick-framed safety glasses were considered "birth control" in the military. Now, every "smart" TV personality wears a pair on-camera or they're considered out of uniform. Also, I tried watching BBT once.

Once!

>someone mentioned "women" and "gaming"
>better assume he's being a misogynistic cislord and post something self-righteous and irrelevant
>maybe I should at least read the post and make sure I'm not just tilting at windmills
>naw

Yes. It turned out kinda poorly. It was back in high school, and I already had too many players in my 3.5 Dungeons and Dragons group. A friend's girlfriend got jealous and insisted on joining us because she was convinced the girl joining wanted to steal her man. This lead to a fair amount of passive aggressive awkwardness at the table. Both ended up leaving within a couple months.

More recently, a friend's little sister joined us for a session of Deathwatch. I was only told she was coming a couple hours before we played, so I didn't really have a good session for a beginner planned. Lots of standing around talking with Imperial leaders with a split party. She hasn't come back since.

This user is right. Why skip the traditional solution? Everyone needs a new skin suit every once in a while.

Is there any relation between the RPG and the miniatures game? Can you integrate the two? I've always been kinda interested in playing Battletech, and I've still got decent collection of the old Wizkids clix Mechwarrior miniatures.

Your choice or hers? I know one of those feels.

No, but a friend and I have asked to join the DnD group of a girl we knew because there's no one else we know who plays it in this town. Turns out the GM runs a group of 8 girls all playing his game he runs from his mom's house and refuses to let any other males play whatsoever.

Ditto. They're all in one group along with me as GM and one, sometimes two other guys. The girls are the best. They fuck around and have fun. Guy is a murder hobo, other guy is a lol-random.

Plus, one of the girls likes to push the envelope on how lewd she can get, and the other gets increasingly more red the further she does, which, frankly, I approve.

According to the books, 1E Mech-to-Mech combat uses revised Expert BattleLance rules, 2E's got a little thing in the front on using BTech, 3E uses the Master Rules for vehicular combat, and A Time of War's tactical combat rules are essentially advanced rules for Total Warfare.

>Has a girl ever asked you
No

>that smile
>those tits
Reminds me of the girl I dated in highschool, the DM's little sister. A total sweetheart, always played druids.

It's pretty clear how the thread's gonna go.

>getting triggered over a perfectly civil thread about girls
Are you a whiteknight or a landwhale?

post feet

My girlfriend. I was dating someone else at the time, and she had just moved into my house. She asked me to help her roll a character since her brother had played D&D all her life and never let her play. I basically dropped the other girl I was dating on the spot.

3 years later, I'm still her DM. Life is good.

Yeah, my girlfriend asked me to teach her how to roleplay. She's gotten really into it, so I'd consider it a success.

Well, it was bait, but let's say it was her choice.

Why would you want me to post my gross hairy feet?

Wow, its almost as if a board as awkward and beta as Veeky Forums views all women as autonomous unit with singular thoughts rather than individuals.

Hey, fa/tg/uys who can't get laid, its your fault, its easier than ever, and you are pathetic if you can't get a girlfriend (or just fuckgirl) at this point

Did you at least bother to read the 63 posts already in the thread before throwing your bait?

For me, it was the other way around, I asked him if he wanted to try it out, and now he's my fiancé.

I think it went well.

How tall is he?

are you a gril?

post feet

Jesus christ, do you even know the meaning of the words you spewed out there?

He's 5'10, why?

What?

Not yours, you dip, that girl you dated

Several times actually.

All of them went poorly. It's not like the stories of drama or what not, they just didn't contribute at all, and spent most of the time on their phones. However, the men were better behaved around them I've noticed. The "I attack the NPC" and rape jokes quieted down, so that was an unintended bonus.

good god break it off. nobody will ever respect you if you marry a manlet like that.

Two girls in highschool who were friends of friends came and told me they wanted to learn DnD and join my group (which was composed of the friends within the circle that they were associated with). Being the dense, unashamed nerd that I was, I invited them over and proceeded to spend 2-3 hours giving them a complete rundown of the system. They left afterward and never expressed any interest again. I think I scared them off. Frankly, though, knowing the two, it was probably for the best.

Rather uneventful, to be honest.

Have played with a couple ..
most are pretty good.
My Girlfriend is more into the vydya.
"less talking more killing" although she was sorely tempted by the Dark Souls boardgame.
It was more a matter that with Bones coming in we have to damn many minis already.
She's also better at This war of ours (and may buy into that one.) She's much better at surviving in it (but says I'm better in "real life survival stuff" ) She's got social anxiety in a big way which is what keeps her out of a lot of live action stuff although okay with more casual stuff with friends.

post pictures of your feet

>knowing the two, it was probably for the best
what is that supposed to mean?

Totally different in my current game.
My friend and his wife play and despite the fact that he's a half orc and she's a gnome she's the more aggressive player.
Of course I think that the last couple of sessions have "conditioned" my male friend.
Any time he tried to do anything really attack wise or during skill checks he pretty much always critically fails. If it didn't leave the party on the verge of being half-dead so much it woudl be funny.

Every person like that my group has had come in, we've converted anyway.

Why not just treat them openly, like people, instead of going "reee you're not a nerd so fuck you"?
I'm sure your shit attitude and 3 CHA approach is what scared them away.

Considering that we've been dating for more than four years now, and that I've been waiting for him to pop the question, I don't think I will.

The fact that he asked the 6'1 giantess out made him alright in my book in the first place. It was all uphill from there.

You're an odd one, aren't you?

Bruh, isn't 5'10 the average height for a man?

listen, i didn't come here to be judged by some prudish woman-mountain over the internet, are you going to post your feet or not?

>uphill
oh you

Downhill is generally the direction you want to be going. Going uphill sucks.

>he thinks people have feet
I didn't know footfags were this delusional.

Puns!

Did I get the saying mixed-up again? Pretty sure I got it right?

Right?

OP, Never start a thread about women being involved in games in any way. It brings the creeps and psuedo-psychologist meninists of our hobby out in all their fedora-wearing glory

I'm sure some groups are OK with people coming up and asking to join

Not even once.

I had a big group of folks all ask me to run d&d for them. I think there was 9 in all, and five were girls.

The group's pared down a bit now to four, but still two of them are girls.

OMG! NO! Girls like tabletop as much as boys! Heavens forbid!

Oh you think that's bad?

It's been a fun thread so far, no need to be an alarmist

and kneejerk white knights like you really raise the level of discourse, riiiight?

I'm not defending anyone here bud. It goes without saying that baiters are only as powerful as the faggots that respond to them.

Yup. The easiest way to be fake as fuck is to play the longest fucking 4x on the planet on the longest hardest dificulty all the way through many times. You silly sod.

This actually made me feel slightly depressed
That poor, delicate creature

My first foray into Battletech was through Mechwarrior 2nd edition.

So yes, you can definitely play it as an RPG.

...but of all the systems, only 3 feels like a stand-alone, and rightly so, since it's the only one that uses 2D10 "Just because".

As with most Battletech product, almost everything is made to be a complement to the original game, not a substitute. As such, the current RPG players I have now, are only RPG players because I first nursed them into the introbox level wargame with scenarios.

...but what is more, what I'm gathering is that (at least according to what the product is hinting), the RPG is played as a companion to various campaign systems, which are companions to the wargame. A bit much if it's not fully streamlined, if you ask me, but maybe that's how other players like to use it. I don't know. I've always run small-scale stuff. Lance-sized or less.