/edh/ Commander General

Tokens edition.
Post your favorite tokens, both from WotC and custom made.

>RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/karametra-goddess-of-ramp-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mayael-the-stompy-edh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/evolve-and-consume/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/five-color-dragons-new/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does anyone have that token in higher res? It's absolutely bananas

Since there aren't any actual tokens this is the one I use. I think it's the best looking one out of all the customs.

Has anyone seen a nice token for Budoka Gardener?

There's */* treefolk, courtesy of sylvan offering, but I don't think X/X elemental tokens were ever printed.

BRING OUT YER META

One was actually just printed user!

needs an update but whatever

There's actual "token" though. If you don't mind it being a card, not token.

I used this image in MSE and made a token of Kobolds of Kher Keep. Looks great.

On my phone atm or I'd just post the token

I have one and used it a few times. My old playgroup were a bunch of fuckin' idiots and either go confused by it or triggered. Plus I couldn't stand the art.

Oh nice I have never seen this one. I'm gonna use it now. Thanks user!

That's a pretty neat token. This one is my favorite.

>playing my self mill/graveyard deck for the first time
>friend plays his general Anafenza

Tricolour anafenza or mono coloured?

Tri colour.

Summer always means an overhaul in the LGS group

What why? It's a vanilla 0/1 creature named Kobolds of Kher Keep. What's wrong with that? I agree with you about the art though, but I kinda like it for some reason.

I lurk these threads a lot and I've seen you post all of these play groups individually at times. I'm not really making a point, I just think it's neat that you compiled it into one image.

Also, why do asians always play UR shenanigans?

Ive always wanted to play edh with a grill.

It was only one time one of these spergs got upset about it. i can't even remember what the exact situation but essentially he was trying to count something up and just kinda glanced I guess and thought it was an actual creature and not 6 tokens, even though I clearly showed what I did and no one else was confused. Started babbling about shitty players not explaining things properly or some shit about not using actual cards as token. Pretty much just told him to stfu and one shotted him next turn. But it left a bad taste in my mouth about the card.

okay so today I did an audit of all Legendary Creatures I have and... well I'll ask about that later when I'm up to taking notes.

the other thing is I found out that I own some incredibly expensive cards.
two All Hollow's Eve, and The Abyss.

clearly making full playsets of either would be prohibitively expensive, but that doesn't matter as much in commander, so I'll probably sell one All Hollow's Eve even if it's useful.

The Abyss is a different problem. the damn card is slightly damaged, but not enough that I still can't sell it for a decent chunk of change. if it were near mint I'd sell it anyway since I'm too poor to not, but since I'm looking into making decks for commander I might as well keep and use an OP card I couldn't afford otherwise.

The Abyss isn't really that OP unless you're playing dedicated creatureless creature hate or token spam or remanimator.

I need help friends, which deck should I build? Keep in mind, my resources are fairly limited, but I have no problem with aquiring some neat things to help me out:

>standard Heartless Hidetsugu damage doubling OTK nonsense
>Inkeyes reanimator voltron with a discard flavor
>RG/x post-xenagos beat down. There are a few different options, maybe an Animar, perhaps a Kresh
>Nekusar forced draw/discard control disguised as a grouphug
>Sedris R/Bu unearth value ETB slugfest
>RG/u Uril tutor voltron manaramp
>Mazierk +1/+1 counter token spam bonanza, filled with hydras, westvale, doubling season and various goodstuff

RG/w mayael big stuff, tutor up xenagos its got ramp, boardwipes, single target removal and all the big fuck off creatures you can just play or cheat in with mayael, naya stompy is the tits and can be farily cheap i have one myself

>the abyss isn't really that OP
>unless you make a dedicated build to play to it's strengths
It's pretty OP user. Not Grislebrand game-ruining OP, but pretty OP none the less.

What kind of tutors can you run in Maya? I'm very familiar with most of the black ones, but I know next to nothing about things outside of worldly tutor/enlightened tutor/this guy.

I know it's OP, but my question was whether or not it's worth keeping for a commander deck. if not, for me it's better off being sold for cash instead of sitting around in a card box waiting for 3 others to make a full playset.

and how about that All Hallow's Eve? for a second just now I was like "lol wait I could combo both of those!" but then I remembered the card works for all graveyards, not just mine lmao

Keep the abyss, sell one all hallow's eve. You could even sell both, if you felt up to it. Starcity will give you 59.99 each and an extra $120 should be enough to plump up your EDH deck, assuming you didn't purge all your good cards.

I sold my only dual land (a revised Badlands) and a Force of Will last year to buy a bass guitar I never play lmao

the more I think about it The Abyss doesn't seem super useful (I say having no experience with this format) if only because it destroys my shit, too. All Hallow's Eve can bring everything I lost back, which seems a lot more useful in a singleton environment. that's amateur thinking, though.

I guess if anything I should go to my FLGS and try and get it appraised. if it ain't worth shit in its condition I'll keep it. I guess I'll sell All Hallow's Eve and fuck I don't know, participate in an eternal masters draft? what Commander decks are good? I like W/B the most, but after that U G R in that order.

Tooth and nail
Chord of calling
That white sorcery from the theros block that lets you tutor 2 enchantments (gods) but the name escapes me
And others but you mentioned the main ones

>That white sorcery from the theros block that lets you tutor 2 enchantments (gods) but the name escapes me
Plea for Guidance?

Also, tooth and nail is amazing. Why didn't I know about this before? 9 mana to drop any two creatures in my deck? That's just awesome.

The abyss isn't super useful, it's more valuable than anything, and as a rule, I don't think it's going to be reprinted which means it'll only become more valuable with time. All Hallow's Eve is very good, and very useful, it's just an undercosted Grimoire of the Dead, and tons of people run that card. You just have two of them, so getting rid of one when you intend to play singleton kind of makes sense

Anyways, with regard to W/B, why not make a Teysa voltron, or a WBu Oloro pillowfort? Both are pretty fun to play, but "good" commander decks are more relative to your playstyle and playgroup than objectively good cards. You can easily google a T1 decklist with $4k worth of cards in it, the fun part is getting drunk with your friends and playing janky nonsense that you built yourself.

Somehow I thought this mosaic would turn out better than this. Oh well.
Anyone got a link to a mosaic generator thing that isn't bighugelabs and that works better with magic cards? I like the idea of the commander being surrounded by its flashiest cards. Like a commander showcase.
Here's the decklist. Tell me what a scrub I am.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/karametra-goddess-of-ramp-1/

He was right, you shouldn't need to reply on what someone said turns ago to identify the gamestate.

>lifeblood hydra
I get that it has nifty effects, but I think for xGGG it's way over-costed compared to some of the other hydras.

>Glory
That's pretty neat, I'm going to grab one of those.

>Woodedfoothills
I don't think you can run that, but I may be wrong. I thought all mountains had intrinsically red colour identity.

Overall, you have some very neat cost effective things. I don't really have any suggestions unless you're looking for something in particular.

>girl players
>girl generals
WHY

Foothills has no mana symbol in its text, it just mentions mountains, which is legal. Since it also fetches forests, it gets me my two dual lands as well (and another landfall trigger).
I actually haven't gotten to try Lifeblood Hydra yet. In theory I like that it draws cards when it dies, but I have no real synergy of sacrifice or anything besides Evolutionary Leap and board wipes.

>one guy dating girl 1
>all girl generals
OH FUCK MAN SHE GAVE HIM COOTIES FUCK

Yeah plea for guidance thats the one, in many ways its a junk card but its not really expected and can tutor some nice stuff like the gods and utility auras, also i forgot about idyllic tutor, it fetches xenagos

Hmmm that's interesting, I didn't know you could use off-colour fetch. I looked it up and you're right, I was just caught a little off guard.

Anyways, if you want to replace the hydra, you could replace it with a Kalonian Hydra? Sure, it's slightly expensive, and you don't really have a lot of +1/+1 counter love, but it's my favorite card and is a pretty flashy finisher, even without the ramp. If you aren't interested in that, why not run something like Genesis Hydra or Primordial Hydra? The primordial hydra can be dropped pretty quickly since it's a XG creature, and the Genesis hydra can help you fish for things that you like.

I read your explaination of your deck, and why you're running primal surge, but why not use some on-colour populate? I splashed white in my Mazierk deck just for that purpose.

Uploaded the mayael deck im currently using it can be improved but its still works

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mayael-the-stompy-edh/

Mazirek can't use white. Who's your new commander?

You have two girls in the group and one guy hogs both of them?

To be honest with you Daghatar, the Adamant because he was the only WBG commander I had but I`m trying to find a Ghave or Karador to slot in. I feel like Ghave would synergize better with my +1/+1 love, and Karador would be better for my creatures, but I'm going to end up tutoring Mazirek anyways, so it doesn't particularly matter. He's a little fragile as is, and might be more viable if I drop him super early.

>104/107 are modern legendarys

Fucking children, pls go

What legacy legendary is cost effective, viable, and generally easy to obtain? That spooky pirate ship for infect decks. That's literally it.

I'm quite fond of Chainer, Dementia Master. Merieke Ri Berit is also pretty neat.

>look mom, I posted it again!
every time people post their meta, you post this meme.

Greel, Mind Raker

>Greel, Mind Raker
That's pretty spicy user! I'm going to get one of those.

>chainer
Not bad, not bad, I appreciate that.
>Merieke Ri Berit
Would never run her, I think she's too susceptible to removal, but not bad at all. You are quite wise user.

>Implying (you) means me.
>Implying I'm (you)

Here's a proper powerhouse.

I really wanted to build him. Some sort of enchantment recursion with cards like Brilliant Halo and Hatching Plans alongside some BW constellation guys from Theros, but he's just too slow.

Okay, well, here's at least something of a ghetto way of doing it.
Post your decks, y'all.

Here we go. Figured I'd post it anyways.

Nothing gets my dick harder than Ghost Quartering someone and watching them fail to find a basic.

I know of one thing. Ghost quartering them after they just tutored something to the top of their library.

Ghost Quartering them after they tutored something, watching them pick up their library, start looking, pause and go "Oh FUCK. GODDAMN FUCKING FUCK"

Had it happen, it's glorious.

It is cute, but Strip Mine is like 0 dollars. Or are you the kind of faggot like me who avoids cards they think are unfair?

I bought 8 enternal masters packs for around $133 instead of working on my nath of the gilt leaf deck.
Wish me luck on good rares.

Who would you guys say would be the best general for ShadowbornApostle.dec? I was thinking Athreos

ZIRILAN, NIGGA

DRAGON DRIVE-BY

No, I'm the kind of faggot who runs Strip Mine AND Ghost Quarter (and Wasteland when budget allows).

Ah, a fellow scion player.
I cut sarkhans triumph. It's flavor win, but it actually works against my deck.

Are you reanimate sub-theme?

Single land destruction isn't considered degenerate anyways. Only mass land destruction.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/evolve-and-consume/

I'm new to this whole simic thing but I think I made an ok deck, not sure who ill be playing with aside from my 2 competitive friends but I'm just looking for a good time any tips?

Mass land destruction isn't considered degenerate either, not by anyone worth playing with.

Yep. Bladewing, Feldon, Whip of Erebos, Ever After, Teneb, Reckless Scholar, Animate Dead, Living Death, and I probably missed a card or two there.
Yeah, there's not that many dragons I want to tutor into my hand with Sarkhan's Triumph. Most of the time it's either Dragonlord Atarka or Deathbringer Regent.
If you want to I can look later if the deck on tappedout is still up to date and maybe post it.

Forgot to mention: Fated Return and Unburial Rites. Also Bring to Light.

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/evolve-and-consume/
There are things I like, and things I dislike. I'll just pick a couple:

>Rootwater Thief
Pretty spicy user, especially if they know their decklist.

>Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury
Why? I think that the kraken Kiora would probably be a little better.

>landfall but no sword of the animist

Anyways, have you thought about splashing black? You could run a The Mimeoplasm deck for more utility than Ezuri, and get access to things like corpsejack menace.

Post cards you think have been overlooked

Sure it is. But that's the beauty of commander. Everyone has different ways of playing, and there's a group out there for everyone.

That's pretty dedicated. Ever consider Patriarchs Bidding? Wins games with Dragon Tempest/Scourge of Valakas/Sarkahn the mad.

I want a new art Teneb before i use him I can't stand the art he has now.

Bring to late has been one of the best toolbox cards for me lately.

If I may suggest. It's a bit pricy. But scroll rack is amazing in scion. Throw those dragons back into the deck and dig deep plus in 5 color you can always reshuffle with fetches and draw a while new hand every turn.

Bring to light*
whole*

Fuck phones

It's a feminine/sexist thing.
3/4 of my gf's decks are female legends.

Women are the minority in the game, it's not a big deal they want to represent thier sex through the game.

Wizards is getting edgy and creating trans now to for the .001% crowd.

>it's not a big deal they want to represent thier sex through the game.
Yet everybody leaps on guys for wanting to play female characters.

>generator servant
>not a staple of every one of my red decks ever
Good taste user. I like this badboy. Stack a few damage increasing effects and watch how people cry late game when you tap him for a creature with X in its CMC while doing 6 damage.

Guys shouldn't want to play women really.
I agree that it doesn't really matter. But some guys take it to far to that cringe/creeper area and that's when they on.

I always forget Generator Servant, I need to remember to throw one in my Narset.

>both girl players play angels
The stereotypes are REAL

To be fair, as a guy I play Xenagos and Geth with equally stereotypical archetypes. My Geth deck was only good by virtue of dumping the edgiest creatures I could possibly find and Xenagos was literally edgy-looking stompy things, the deck.

It's a harmless way of relieving dysphoria.

Landfall: For avenger if im playing him usually its just for the tokens and to end it that turn hopefully or the next. Lotus cobra im mostly just testing out since I already have one and wonder how well it'd work. I'm not really big on sword of the animist.

Both Kiora's look really good but im really not sure which one to pick, that's why I thought freyalise would be fine cause mana and counters sound pretty fine to me.

For now im keeping it with Ezuri since I don't normally keep a duel deck for longer than a week since I built em pretty bad before.

This thing is an MVP in Aurelia

Patriarch's Bidding is indeed a consideration of mine. Scroll Rack really is a bit too pricey for my tastes. (Besides, if I had one, I'd jam it into Karametra. She's even better at shuffle effects). At least I have Brainstorm.
Teneb truly is one ugly motherfucker. As is Vorosh, which is one of the reasons I may cut the latter in the future.
Funny enough, I never played Scourge of Valkas or Sarkhan the Mad so far. I'm not in a hurry to jam them in, but I might try it sometime if I find more things to cut. Right now I fear I'm a bit too light on ramp...
Here's my (I hope) up to date list: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/five-color-dragons-new/
The manabase is pretty dodgy, but I'm slowly getting there with fetches and BFZ duals.
What I like about five color is the ability to play all the sweet multicolor cards and charms, like Duneblast, Crackling Doom, Sultai Charm, Abzan Charm, Anguished Unmaking...
I'm also looking for a way to deal with annoying bullshit-ass fuckboy lands like Maze of Ith, Kor Haven and Glacial Chasm. But I don't wanna waste an entire card slot on only land destruction.Ghost Quarter and friends seem like an obvious solution, but my manabase is already a very fragile beast...

Gonna build this guy

I've never built weenies before and I rarely build with white, wish me luck

Fair enough, I respect that. I'm too wishy-washy to stick to one consistent deck, so I like to splash colours and change it every week.

Sword of the animist is pretty conditional, I agree with you, but I love fishing lands and have mana advantages at early turns. Again, it's pretty conditional so I see your point.

With Kiora I love The Crashing Wave one. The other is kind of meh for straight simic in my opinion, but the crashing wave can let you drop more than one land per turn, draw cards, avoid damage, and drop game ending bombs. It's very very good, but I'm pretty biased, it's one of my favorite cards in general. The biggest drawback is the low loyalty counters, but with Vorel, or whatever, you can stack those pretty quick and simic offers good protection.

waiting on my friend to finish up my pedo new tokens got a picture of him sitting in his van with bonoculars looking at a playground

>pedo token
what are you going on about? The token looks neat, but i'm kind of lost.

If you ever have a opportunity to pick up Sarkhan or Scourge I highly recommend.
I actually run all sarkhans for flavor, and I find Vol pulling his weight quite often. Only 2 turns to ultimate, plus he gives you that needed haste when it's really important for when you don't have Temur ascendancy or Tempest out.

Yea. 5 colors strengths is also it's weakness. I'm till trying to squeeze in anguished unmaking.

Depending on how fast your meta is, you may want to try lair lands + Scrylands.
It's a bit slower but offered great mana options plus a dozen or so scry triggers for optimal draws. Also use with Gemstone mine and replay with full counters

One piece of secret tech I love is cauldron dance. 6 mana during combat and you get 2 big bombs with haste that switch places at end of turn. I find it winning games often, especially with some scion/rack setup.

Forget to mention lairs come in untapped so I tend to float the Scryland I intend to bounce to I don't lose a land for that turn.

Sherei, or how ever you spell that one

Does anyone have a cantrips deck I could take a peak at? I'm not sure how they work at all and i'm generally interested.

>If you drop tons of threats, I can punish you with wraths, if you play tons of artifacts, I can punish you with Vandalblast, but if I spend the first four turns playing ramp, you can't punish me with MLD because that's degenerate
Sure doesn't sound like someone worth playing with famalam.

I think it's a HOMOculous joke.

Fuck that art though. I love it but it costs like fucking 600 euros. Doesn't help that I love Ertai, both of them.

The game can't be played without lands.
A countered spell doesn't kick you out of the game, a wiped board can be rebuilt. There's interaction in in combat. Trades with removal.

How normal players here deal with people who have 8 mana turn 4 is make it become and 3v1. Rampers are punished by becoming archenemy's. Not getting kicked out of the game completely.

>Inb4 softy faggot
>Inb4 spirit of edh

I don't care. I've got my playgroups and we all play on the same power level. Comfy AF.

Dust Bowl is also worth it. I like to punish people for not running basics. It's hilarious to see people lose or scoop to Back to Basics, Wave of Vitriol or Ruination. Even funnier is scooping to T1 Strip Mine.

>The game can't be played without lands.
Yes it can. You can use the other permanents you have in play. You can use mana rocks. You can play more lands because holy fuck you still have more in your library and maybe even in your hand. You may even have ramp spells left over. The game doesn't stop, lands were just reset.

If you spend your first 3-4 turns ramping and are left with literally nothing but 7-drops in hand, you deserve the be blown out by MLD the same as the player who dropped ALL his threats early on deserves to be blown out by wraths. Yet you don't hear any decent players complaining "oh my god I tapped out and emptied my hand by putting all my threats on the table and the guy next to me cast a wrath and I literally couldn't play anymore it's so degenerate"

I like Dust Bowl but I was putting off ordering it for later in the year because I had a lot of other cards to purchase first, and then Titania came out and its price skyrocketed.

don't play duneblast mate, I ran it in my Scion deck for sometime but it was dead weight most of the times
do you run Dragonlord Atarka, Tyrant's Familiar and Savage Ventmaw? if not put them in.
I also run Sarkhan Unbroken though most of the time I win before I get him out, but if i do all his abilities are pretty useful.
Also I advise you to throw in a Conspiracy along with Rafiq and Aurelia. I also run Elesh Norn and getting her out can shut down entire decks if not immideatly answered.

Lairs are cool, especially flavor wise, but imo they work best late game

You can't use the same argument for both ends.

"Oh. Land destruction sucks? Well how about when ppl play vandalblast"

"Oh, suck it up user. Just use mana rocks"

I've always been curious what games and decks with MLD play like. I only know edh without it and am happy that way too, but I do have curiosity how much different it is from the kind of EDH I'm used to. Are there any multiplayer gameplay videos on YouTube or something where we see how MLD impacts the game?