Are there any RPG without internal progression? No level/rank up, no gaining XP, no base stats increase, etc

Are there any RPG without internal progression? No level/rank up, no gaining XP, no base stats increase, etc.

Gaining advantage through equipments or item use is fine, because it's external, i.e. not an obligation for every PC.

Dunno mate, just start at maximum level ? Start at medium level and kick the exp rules out of the Window ?

There are tons of rpgs like that. What genre are you looking for?

Unfortunately I don't want to homebrew an already existing game into a level-less one. I'm looking for examples. Thanks for your thoughts, user.

Any genre, user. Thank you. Actually I'm trying to use them as a reference in designing an RPG.

Golden Sky Stories. If I recall correctly your progression is tied to the connections you make during play. While those affect your resource pools your actual stats never really change.

>Any genre
Not that user but Don't Rest Your Head comes to mind for me.

For games without XP you'll usually find most of them are games with the mechanics mostly centered around the story itself. Either that or games with such absurdly powerful PCs that progression would be useless.

Of the top of my head here's a few I know of.

I'm pretty sure Sufficiently Advanced doesn't use a progression system. It's a diceless rpg made for playing characters in the distant future. The setting is kind of like Eclipse Phase only optimistic instead of dystopian.

Dread I don't think has any progression. It's a horror system made to be played with Jenga blocks.

On to the story games you've got:

Fiasco: A GM-less game about playing as Coen Brothers characters

Shock: Social Science Fiction: Another GM-less system. Basically it's about giving rules to the average sci-fi argument.

Though you really don't have to go that far to not have progression. There are plenty of other systems that you can just not hand XP out and your games will run fine.

The cover looks comfy. I'll look into it.

Never heard about this. Unique premise, though.

Thanks a lot, user.

Maybe Call of Chtullhu?

As far as i know only way to increase profeciencies is at the end of the session if you rolled well enough during the day and the DM saw fit.

Apart from that, only thing that varies is sanity. A LOT.

Lots of the beer and pretzels stuff like Risus, Everyone is John, Big Motherfuckin' Crab Truckers, SLURPS, etc, have no progression. Then again the whole idea of them is generally to be simple enough to pick up and normally just played as a one shot when you have nothing better to do.

Thanks, anons.

Mythender is like this. One of the optional rules in the back lets you power up but that was added in just before the physical copy was sold.

Engine Heart, advancement is an optional rule.

Traveller has very limited internal progression, sort of 1 skill rank per couple of ingame years of regular practice and study. Honestly most people probably don't even use them.

Bump

Phoenix command without the rule for that.
Actually the rule for that is not even on the main book

Monster hunter

Busty Barbarian Bimbos doesn't have an advancement system besides getting new items, AFAIK.

Play Call of Cthulu and make it extra lethal. No need to advance when you are dead.

>The cover looks comfy.
Comfy is exactly the right term for it. The whole game is about playing little animal spirits in a small town who help the townsfolk with their day-to-day problems. There are no combat rules at all, it's all about helping people and making friends.

Risus does have internal advancement, though.

Thanks.

Wow. I'll search the pdf.

Wushu has no advancement.