WIP Painting/Converting/Sculpting General

No WIP thread on Veeky Forums?!? Emperor's Teeth! That's HERESY!!!

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
>Offline until further notice

>Painting Videos only
mega.co.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>In the face of death, I shall have no remorse.
youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/dz1OF
imgur.com/a/l55V2
imgur.com/a/XRq1A
imgur.com/a/Hmhko
imgur.com/a/ufrXh
imgur.com/a/YNL6r
imgur.com/a/nIh7K
games-workshop.com/en-US/Helbrute
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Did this guy for no raisin.

My magnum anus

That's one ugly muthafucka. Scary, too! Is that for Kingdom Death?

Thank you. Yes it is the so called Gorm.

is that...cum in its ass?

I'm not sure why I did this model. I mean, it's not like Orlocks usually have hunting rifles and I sure don't have one now. I guess I just wanted to use that sweet sweet Skitarii rifle in something.

No, it's not real, I swear,

shows what you have on the mind.

I want to do my Tau in a Neo Zeon green color scheme, but I can't seem to get the right combination of colors to make it not just look like a green camo IG scheme.

Any advice?

anyone got picks of those eldar painted to be wooden? been kinda wanting to recreate that effect but on some old wood elves i have laying around

what else would it be? it is white-translucent.

I swear to god you have uttered those same words to your boyfriend.
How about we just get back to WIP, huh?

I MUST DERAIL THE COMMENTS NO MATTER WHAT!

EVEN IF THAT MEANS TALKING ABOUT ALLEGED CUM IN MINIATURE ASSHOLES DESPITE THE ARTIST ALREADY TELLING YOU THAT YOU ARE WRONG!

ARE YOU SORRY?!

It's called anal leakage. It is also thick, oily and translucent.
It also tends to leak out of messy unclean sphincters like this. It's mostly likely his diet and poor hygiene that are the problems here.

Considering the fact that the effect in question was actually caused by Blood for the Blood God, the real answer might even be worse.

looks good fame

I am done constructing my fences. I now have 12x 4" long 2" tall segments and 6x 2" long by 2" tall segments.

Just need to damage their supports, prime and paint them. Then apply signs. Mmm mmm!

But first, I need to walk the dog (for real, no yo-yo tricks here, son) and get some inspiration herbs.

Until next post, adiĆ³s amigos! (get it, I am building a WALL that I paid with with my own money and speak spanish! GET IT! Make 40k Great Again!

I don't get it.
The eyes are top tier. The mouth, while flat, looks convincing. The dirt and mud is a nice touch. But the skin turns purple, thus darker, where it should be lighter, so I don't get what you were trying to accomplish here. Also the transition isn't very subtle, while you look more than capable to acheive it.
On the whole, you have an happy hand user.

Have you guys considered setting up a discord where we could hang out and shit talk as we paint?

sorry, why does a monster of nightmares need to conform to your colour scheme?

Yeah, some of them CONSIDER this to be the place. Honestly, they should just put on a head set with audio delay and shit talk themselves.

Not sure if troll...

The Gorm is known for its 'complex digestion system'. I wanted to give him the look between a fluorescent snail and a rotting corpse at the same time.

But thanky you for your praise and criticism alike.

When the whole word smells of shit, maybe you should check your own shoes.

THAT IS: Maybe it is you that is the unaware troll. The blind, black, KKK member, so to speak (so to speak).

You're talking light. The model is communicating skin pigmentation. You just missed the call.

Troll on unassuming troll. Some day you will see your reflection in the water under your bridge and it will all becoming earth shatteringly clear.

Drops.
Mic.

fake and gay

You could have said the same thing easily without making me cringe, Jesus Christ

You take your beefs very serious, I like it.

how is one to avoid you cringing once you finally see your reflection in the water? the truth is a bitch, but cringing on you.

Does anyone know how to achieve this effect in the plasma mortar? Is it just white with blue glaze over it, with white picked out in the centers again? I want to copy it.

Looks airbrushed. Light blue and then white. Notice how the white isn't dead center and it has a might brighter dot compared to the fade.

well shit, got no airbrush. Guess Ill have to settle for my usually shit start with darkest blue, then mid blue, then white in the center that always looks like ass when im done.

you can do a similar effect. Just need to use lots of layers. Tabletop minions has a pro painter on who showed how to blend a few weeks back, go watch that video.

I still wrap my head around this being an imperial 40k model. It looks like a warjack or something.

I don't have access to an airbrush, but here's what I did with drybrushing.

Basecoat Lothern Blue, then drybrush a 3:1 mix of Temple guard blue and Vallejo Game Color Glacier Blue to a good majority of the source, then 2:1 of the mix to a smaller area, then 1:1 to an even smaller area, a drybrush of only Glacier Blue to the near center areas, and finally a drybrush of White Scar to the very center of the sources.

its fucking sweet though.

dosent look to shabby.

My first model painted in 6 or 7 years, I am bad at this now it seems.

also im pretty sure you cannot play a japanease man with an automatic rifle in dungeons and dragons 5E no matter how much you think you should be allowed to.

It's a lady so it's fine.

o ok.

Have anymore pics of your tau on hand user? Love the scheme

-4 str means she can't use that rifle without breaking her shoulder. Sorry man, go pick up a sexy elf.

Here's some albums. You can see my painting skill (if you want to call it that) get better alongside watching the theme evolve. Currently painting some Crisis suits I've put off for months. I don't have any albums of my fire Warriors but they're orange like the Stormsurge.

imgur.com/a/dz1OF

imgur.com/a/l55V2

imgur.com/a/XRq1A

imgur.com/a/Hmhko

imgur.com/a/ufrXh

imgur.com/a/YNL6r

Bonus: My most current Grey Knights

imgur.com/a/nIh7K

I like this blue lion.

your comment.

it makes literally no sense.

sorry to make you look at your shoe and realize you are the shit. you have been the shit all along.

Loc-Nar

Got some work done on the first of my Hassassins.

Really happy with how the green and the robe turned out.

I'll finish her up after a nap and liberal amounts of coffee.

Geez, the amounts of mistakes you spot AFTER having posted the picture.. fuck me

Isn't that a green orb?

That has appeared to you as a blue lion you found in some wardrobe and he addresses himself as Loc-Nar. Who are you to argue, little girl?

HI RES!
Sometimes, that is the point of posting a pic.

>That has appeared to you as a blue lion
>blue
I would have bought it if it was green.

>Isn't that a green orb?

It's the queen's glowing sphere, you fool. The sacrifice to Ulutek can only be performed by the possessor of the sacred Loc-Nar.

7/3 would encounter in the underdark as a drow's circus pet

A green orb on a fancy stick, gotcha.

you can, there is laser gun rules in the DM's guide

Sonic Dread. Need to figure out a way to do a shoulder mounted missile launcher that doesn't look too hokey (the one in the helbrute kit is too big).

anyone got recommendations for a beginner airbrush? Also would it be compatible with citadel paints?

>you can, there is laser gun rules in the DM's guide

There's always this classic!

>M1 Garand: Revolver edition

My dick is diamonds.

Does it have to be shoulder mounted? You could put a few rockets in the indentations on the sides of the "torso," sort of like how the mk IV dread does it.

They're all compatible with all paint. Just thin it like fucking crazy.

Badger or Iwata are the way to go. An Iwata neo is good for beginners.

Get a gravity fed (cup on top) one. Fuck bottles and their bullshit, wastes way too much paint and isn't what we need.

Citadel paints are shit for air brushing, vallejo do a line designed for it. Make sure to get thinner and cleaner, watch videos on how to clean an airbrush before you use it, do it.

I'd like it to be. I tried doing some stuff under the L/R torso blocks and it just looked like too much

Got an extra strumpet in my order, decided to have a bit of fun with it. This is just the first coat of paint and it's turning out way better than I anticipated, I really hope I don't fuck it up.

Not him, but are you talking about the Neo CN?

This one.

I have one of these and I have one 3 times the price. The more expensive one is clearly a better brush and it feels better but it's way more delicate. The Neo is great price and functionality for a beginner. As long as you learn to clean it properly it will do what you need.

Coooool. I'll put it on my "list of shit to buy when I get paid".

I don't think it matters what you buy ;)

What compressor would you recommend?
Noise is a small issue, if one at all. Cost and endurance/longevity are my top requirements.

>gluing your minis together before painting them

i mean, i guess being a normie is good for time

>implying it isn't held together with magnets and blue-tac in the glue points.

Well I guess being retarded is good for time.

Go look on Youtube, I've only used 1 and it's an expensive iwata one.

>implying that matters when all parts of the model are easily accessible either way

i mean, i guess adhering to a completely pointless habit regardless of actual utility is good for wasting time

If noise really isn't an issue, you can use a shop compressor; you'll need to adapt down to your hose size, and you'll want a second regulator inline so you can get some control over your air pressure. If you and your neighbors/spouse/pets are driven to suicide by the BRRRRRRRT, at least you were warned.

Paint gives a weaker glue bond then non painted. It's best to assemble as much as you can without making it difficult to paint.

Well shit, I lost my transfers. And that shoulder is super plain. Got some cleanup and then have to figure out what to do now for the shoulder I could actually pull offf.

Instructions unclear.
How do I attached airbrush to Youtube?

MMMM grape gum. Is that hubba bubba?

My hound doesn't mind the vacuum and I don't mind mcgyver'ing things so that sounds like a good option for me.

Fuck, now I can't unsee that

What's the best thing for stripping paint off fw resin?

More money.

To rough up the end pieces of the fences, or not?
That is the question I propose to you, Veeky Forums.

Do some rough and some not. Personally, I would probably not rough them up as intensely, to leave room for sponging and drybrushing to show some texture.

Skulls?

Yeah that smaller one is way too beat up.
I agree, some rough, some not, some in between.

Skulls.

do you have smaller skulls? Could cut the faces off some skellies for nice fencepost decoration. The chains from the chaos tanks would look great on these too.

I kinda hate those colors

I can't tell if it's the sculpt or what, but it is just... Not doing much for me.

great job on the head at the very least

So is all of 40k basically just big walking robots nowadays. It feels thats all you see now, a million different variations of the dreadnought and those retarded mini-titans, knights. What gives?

I know! Go to their website and look for yourself!

>those retarded mini-titans, knights.
>nowadays
i guarantee you imperial knights are older than you are

oh, I have loads of those chains that I have been wondering where to use them on!

Size creep. You can still easily have games of infantry/vehicles and maybe a large unit or 2, but the XBOX HUEG units are mainly Gargantuan Creatures, and those are easy to restrict from games. But for some armies, those big robots are the only thing keeping them remotely viable in competitive terms.

Is a converted version of this guy games-workshop.com/en-US/Helbrute

Is for 30k.

And my has only been used once, but he's the only SUPER BIG robot of the 3 you posted.

Bolter into hammer.
Clever girl

That Hambolter is brilliance on a stick. Literally and figuratively.