Suddenly, with the laughter of thirsting gods still echoing in your ears, you find yourself on Holy Terra...

Suddenly, with the laughter of thirsting gods still echoing in your ears, you find yourself on Holy Terra, 38 000 years in the future!

How do you survive?

Pretend to be a pilgrim, visit some shrines, hope they have food, then go from there.

I don't know.
Get some Wendy's.
Rest at a hotel for the night if my debit card still works.
Start looking for jobs and apartments in the morning.

Fap.

>Get some Wendy's
If Wendy's still exists in the grim dark future, god knows what terrifying ingredients they use by that point. Did you think this through?

You make a good point.
I'll go to ihop instead

Also, come to think of it, if your debit card still works you should logically have kajillions of spacebux through inflation. So what I'm saying is, Swiss Chalet.

>Swiss Chalet

Spotted the Canuck.

Don't be jelly just because the Nord Merican hive complex is nicer than yours.

>How do you survive?
Kill myself, because I don't speak the language, understand the setting, or know anything about anything at all. Death is preferable to every single option I could have on Holy Terra in M41.

>I don't speak the language, understand the setting, or know anything about anything at all
To be fair that sounds like your average Terran pilgrim.

I can see Canada from my house. Swiss Chalet is good shit.

It's so good. If whatever segment of the ecumenopolis is sitting on top of Canada has one of those, the far future can't be too grimdark.

I don't.

I'm not allowed in Canada anymore because the last time I went there, I took one of their women.

You're welcome to 'em, in my opinion. Want a spare? I wanna offload one.

>The caretakers of the Golden Throne think the Emperors broken body weeps for those faithful fallen in battle
>In truth it's because he hasn't had any of that god tier rotisserie chicken in over 10,000 years

Only rotisserie psyker for Him.

Get beaten to death by a random Arbites trooper for looking at him funny, most likely.

Write a codex about myself.

Get taken down by everyone as a human just popping into existence is pretty chaos-y. Other than that? Probably die in a ditch as i don't know how anything actually works and i don't understand the language.

The best bet is to just pose as a crazed fanatic driven temporarily mad by my fervent love of the Emperor, at least until I can figure out how to speak coherently in their butchered mix of German/Latin.

I figure if I just kneel in prayer a lot and yell "Ave Imperator!" in response to most questions, things cannot go to far amiss for me.

You'd honestly be shot down for just sort of popping into existence, madly and incoherently shouting, and mentioning the emperor. They'll just see a crazy chaos cultist who popped out of the warp to curse the emperor on his home turf.

I don't know, they managed to let Orks set foot on Terra so what does that say about them stopping a random dude from popping into existence?

I'd probably have to join the Guard or some shit, no family, no money and no clue. What else could you do?

I'm saying you're announcing your sudden pop into existence with crazy incoherent screams in a language no one recognizes other than you saying Emperor occasionally. Its not a good idea. Best bet would be to just start walking in the general direction of the crowd before finding a safe alley to have a mental breakdown in.

They'd still understand you no? Low Gothic is basically English (maybe the equivalent to middle English now).

Nooo. Low gothic is a lesser form of high gothic which is a mix of all languages in existence now then left to brew a bit, sent off into billions of colony ships, stewed on various planets becoming entirely different languages, then shoved back to together some thousand years later, then adopted and occasionally added to by randomly rediscovered/starting to do galactic bullshit civilizations.
Theres no real equivalent other than say, english is high gothic, american is low gothic but further reduced by say 100 fold, and you pop in speaking a precursor to a precursor of indo/proto-european.

But they'll be worth less than ever, also because of inflation!

What I'm saying is McDonalds.

I always wanted to know what WWII witb lasers was like

Well I'd probably cry since now if I die I will surely go to one of the Chaos God hells instead of whatever we have now

Find the nearest techpriest. Introduce myself.

Be worshiped because I'm basically a store of ancient knowledge. And the wisdom of the ancients stands beyond question. Get whisked away from Terra to mars, get my brain picked over - hopefully without losing it in the process - and then ask to join the admech.

Then, as the only sane man in the entire setting, work my way up the ranks to gather the power and influence needed to unfuck the current state of things. Impossible, perhaps, but men have done impossible things before.

>Be worshiped because I'm basically a store of ancient knowledge.
nope

how do they know you aren't just spouting tech heresy?

I meet with a high level Inquisitor and tell him I come from an alternate mirror universe of this one, and tell him I bear meta-knowledge that will not only save mankind, but destroy Chaos, crush the Necrons, annihilate the Orks, and usher in a new golden age for the species.

I tell him I know where a functioning STC is.

do you actually know? Cause you realise you're only going to fool him so much and some of that metaknowledge might get you killed just for knowing.

How do we make plasma pistols?

Uhhhhh...

Servitorization, next.

Start a human cult of cegorach and emperor worship. Where cegorach is the aspect of the emperor watching over the Eldar just for the laughs.

Work out how to reincarnate the emperor, go crusading.

I pretend to be a pilgrim if I manage to understand what the people around me say. If I don't, I pretend to be a mute pilgrim. No idea what will happen next.

Nigger, "modern" tech does not even ping in the radar of the mechanicus. A world like ours is barely different than a feudal world for the Imperium.
"Oh Mr John Q, you know how a steel mill works. Call us when you can cast adamantium, k?"

Shitpost on the nearest anonymous imageboard.

Short answer? I don't!

Long answer? I need more information. How did I appear? Where on Holy Terra did I appear? Am I garbed appropriately, because right now I'm just in my PJs?

Die in a very nurglish way as my body can't deal with the bazillion new bacteria and viruses brought by billions pilgrims from a million worlds and 38K years of evolution.

>suddenly

Right.

>wat do

On story tiem? Okay -

Luckily, I arrived in the guise of an important character in one of Gav Thorpe's ridiculous plots.

I'm set for life. Good end.

Yes. I know where an STC library is, which would be an unparalleled discovery.

How do you plan on:

1. Meeting a high level Inquisitor to begin with.
2. Communicating with him.
3. Having him believe that you know where there is a library of STCs?

/thread