Inquisitorial Penal Regiment Veeky Forums: Ork Spacehulk Clean-Up Edition

Alright listen up, our inquisitorial overlords sent me a mission briefing through a form in a datapad:
We are suppossed to board and divert the course of an ork spacehulk that is set to crash against the surface of a planet in the Calixis Sector...
and to be in the lookout for suspicious activity, there's an inquisitor classified as rogue in this sector too apparently!
------------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>What the fuck is this?
Somewhat a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay in the grim darkness of the far future.
>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.
>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.
>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.
>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.
>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cvoJ7qUh3y8
youtube.com/watch?v=_PO4r9m_6Xk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>After having read the form with the orders and the mission briefing he stays silent for a second.

Wow there's no actual directives here... just that "Board and divert the course of this Spacehulk." Order.

Am I the only one who gets the feeling we're always the ones sent first for the suicidal engagements? Not that I complain, just... an observation, it's like if they wanted to get rid of us.

>looks up from reading a book
of course they want to get rid of us, just look at us.

Well I understand why they'd want to get rid of you, you're a xeno! This is the Ordo Xenos!

The Inquisition always wants to get rid of 'the undesirables', shouldn't come as a surprise that they keep up the tradition.

keep your friends close and your enemies closer my good chap.

Should I take that as you identifying yourself as an enemy in public?

no, I'm simply pointing out a reason as to why I haven't been shot yet.

Alright so. Anyone has any plans on how to divert the course of a Space Hulk filled with Greenskins?

RAM IT!
>the Ork is grinning madly.

Uhm... any ideas that don't involve us getting killed in the process?

You could......like.......do what Bob said. We have a ship.....not sure the Captain would agree though....

Wait, that's it. The captain, he's navy! He must have experience dealing with these things, right?

Guess so......I usually focus on Tanks.
>continues to consume large amounts of Amasec and cheese.

I should really try to maintain a character to stay with the regiment in case we split up again.

>Walks through the ship, humming to herself, her drone flying next to her.

Oh. Hi, Larrs. Did I miss anything?

we're going to ram the space hulk apparently...
>continues to flick through his book, on closer inspection it's a colouring book.

That's not the plan until approved by the higher ups!

It would be a suicide and a waste of the Emperor's resources!

>swaps his book for a pop-up book and flicks through, giggling at spot the dogs adventure.
Better than whatever plan you have, what will your plan be? burn it? or write an angry letter to the orks?

Really? Well... That´s the first course of action?

Sounds like the perfect job for us. That´s probably why we keep getting these assignments.

I was actually thinking of looking for the captain in hopes for a plan.

>The Captain would be on the Bridge, should anyone go look for him.

>sighs
no it isn't but it's the only plan we have come up with, you got any ideas?
>puts the book down.

I'm pretty much going to go find the captain now...

>Leaves for the bridge

>The Captain eventually sees Eisen, after he's screened by the Security Personnel.
Yes, you have questions? Or are you just here to waste time.
>The Captain looks tired, not to mention extremely stressed.

Greetings, sir. I'm here to request aid in the next engagement. We've been ordered to divert the course of this space hulk without destroying it if at all possible.

>Eisen would show the captain the data gathered (and passed) on the hulk.

I'm afraid we have not been given any directives on how to do that though. And the men are just dumb enough to believe we're going to ram the ship against it.

I'm... smarter than that and thought you might have any past experience on dealing with Hulks that could not be allowed to be destroyed, sir.

No, I don´t.
>Stops to think for a moment.
Wait, maybe we could trick them somehow into crashing onto the planet on their own without boarding the hulk.

But how?

Kaptin, da big gitfinda sez there be no humies on da planet we approachin´. Big ships dere, though. Think we shoulda find some other place ´ta go lootin?

>The freeboota captain turns around and growls
Ya git don´t know what big ship means? Big gunz. We´ll just ram ´em an´ loot what´s left, as O.R.K. Hulky needz more dakka anywayz. Then we go see what da big ships be doing here. Ya think da humiez would protect da place if dere iz nothing to be looted?

Yes I'm aware that we were forced to divert course by the 'Inquisitive Individuals' that reside on this death trap. I happen to -command the ship-.

And nevermind that I am currently trying to do your damned job while you......oh I don't know......mope about.......whatever.

But yes, I'll throw some of the less trustworthy Armsmen at the ship. What they do to you once they get there is aaaaaaaaaaaal on you. I'll ready the Boarding Torpedoes.

Now are we done? I actually have work to do.

I am suddenly filled with a sudden sense of panic.

Uhm... yes sir, thank you sir. I'll leave you with your duties. The Emperor protects.

sounds like a cowerdly Tau tactic...
I like it
>winks at her.
you know, we might die this evening.

That's the most stupid thing I ever heard, We are supposed NOT TO let it hit the planet, moron.

>Over the radio.

Alright everyone! We have confirmation: We're boarding this Hulk with Boarding Torpedoes and stopping it from crashing into Mara at all costs! We should be exiting Warp Transit soon enough so get your gear ready.

>his git finder pings.
>sniffs around him.
I KNOW THAT STENCH!
BOYS GET YA CRAP READY, WE'RE GONNA MEET AN OLD FRIEND OF MINE!

Err... thanks.
>Blushes a bit.

Ah. Sorry, chief. I think of something better next time. If there is a next time...

>Nods and starts to check her equipment.

More unnecessary drama. Great.

Rmph. I have enough trouble on my own without those silly ideas of yours messing up with the plans.
>Her eyes flash of blue for a second
And if I were you I wouldn't bring that pulse rifle today. Just saying.

Oh frak.
>Looks around frantically
Who's on point?

Okay. So I´ll go fetch my lasgun then?
>Walks away towards her quarters as fast as possible.
How do you know that anyway? A premonition?

We're going to board an ork-filled space hulk. Get your gear ready, trooper.

I am the one who does question, girl.
Speaking of which, how good are you at handling children?

>Meanwhile, in a different part of the Galaxy, Alice is standing on the Bridge of a Warship in Orbit, discussing operations with the Captain.

Callidon, LIX and Sternbridge are welcome to also be there if needed.

>Checks equipment
Right, got my Shotgun and Hotshot Lasgun right here.

>Is there in case she's needed.

>looks at the newbie
you do have snacks don't you? everybody knows to pack snacks.

A couple of C-rations... Enough for 2 days combat. QM wouldn't give anymore than that.

What is our next operation, Inquisitor?

Fifteen boyz on a dead ork'z loot—
WAAAGH!!! an´ a bottle o´ squig beer!
Drink and Mork (or was it Gork?) had dun for da rest
WAAAGH!!! an´ a bottle o´ squig beer!

But one ork o´ hiz boyz alive,
Wut put to space was seventy-five.

See, ladz? freebootin´z always betta with a proppa song. Won´t be that long ´till we get to smash things if ya sing. See? Da big gitfinda sez dere iz a ship just a bit to da starboard.

>Um, boss. There ain´t no direction in space.

What? No directhunz? I´z da kaptin, an´ I sez dere be a ship to da starboard, so there be a ship to da starboard. Get it?

>But Kaptin, space-
>Krump

Don't forget your armor, trooper, make sure it's in good condition.

Who am I kidding...

Make sure it allows you to have enough mobility on the field, it won't stop Ork bullets, so might as well make sure it isn't blocking your arms movement.

Depends on if they´re from a sept or not. I handle the sept ones sligthly less inept.
>Almost adds an why to her answer before stoping herself.
Allthough tau children never liked me that much, except that one earth sept nutcase...

Forgot to add name.

>Stands near the door

>slaps the back of her head
I didn't ask for the story of your life. I need to know if you can look after baby amelia here, since I wouldn't leave her with Mot and his attack dog again unless I was ordered by Verasii herself.

>Checks armor
Seals check.
Mask check.
Carapace check.
Backpack check
>Nods towards Corporal
Ready to rock and roll, Corporal.

Oh. I can do that, yes.
>Nods and looks a bit worried.
Am I to stay with her on the ship?

>observes the man from the other side of the room as he starts to play his guitar.
>youtube.com/watch?v=cvoJ7qUh3y8

>I AM HERE
>where are you fuckers right now, cause Hank is in a cryopod waiting to be opened

Good to hear, trooper, you might just survive one more day out there, you're free to do whathever until we exit warp space, just be close to your post for when that happens.

Ugh... still not acknowledging protocol over music and-?
>He shuts up as the music goes on.
>Sighs.

That actually does sound nice, I'll give you that.

What, during the fight? No, since I will have to remain on board. APPARENTLY, officials that can see into the future are not supposed to lead boarding actions because they are more useful directing actions. Bullshit. But when you are back you will definitely.

Mid warp travel, towards an ork space hulk, with a mission to divert its course so it doesn't crash into the planet Mara, Calixis Sector.

Just a few extra days of business on Praetoria then we'll be off to the Calixis Sector, to deal with our 'colleague'.

Oh and Adept Novus, my father agreed with my assessment, we'll be bringing extra troops to Tranch with us.

>At one of the sensor stations, a Technician quietly reports a minor disturbance in the Warp.

Which reads: Deal with the upcoming 'disturbance' -no combat this time- then 'jump forward' to leaving for Calixis Day

>drops out off the vent with a big panel reading "Sorry" on it dangling from her neck

>Turns shotgun towards noise
Throne-dammit, Miranda. I almost shot you.

Excellent. That makes obliterating the opposition that much easier.

>ok well
>fuck logic
>SUDDENLY A CRYOPOD IS BY YOU
>HOW? THE GALAXY MAY NEVER KNOW

>gets up and moves away from her.
>he's still pissed off but he's soft at heart.
>youtube.com/watch?v=_PO4r9m_6Xk

>Inspects the Cryopod.

This is not in any inventory form, does the Quartermaster know this thing is here? Also what's doing here and not in cargo?

>waves the "sorry" panel toward him
How w-was I supposed to know!?

it's pretty heavily implied that you don't eat people!
>he sighs and continues to play.

>Wipes panel
Says here DO NOT OPEN UNLESS IN COMBAT.
DO NOT OPEN THEN EITHER.

>in the window panel, you can see-
>hank's face.
>why is he in there.

Why do you even think I am here then...? I think we talked about m-my, ehm, eating habits.
I w-was just trying to give you a gift...

>Cough
Deathworlders do that.
>Cough.

>Inspects the contents of the Cryopod.

Uh...

That's not right... Since when is Hank an Eversor?

>Nods and walks towards her quarters.
I´m going to prepare myself then, chief.
>As she walks away, Sam starts to mutter something about downloading an imperial child raising guide and a sept version.

>uh oh
>it starts tipping over!

>someone is tugging at your sleeve

>Still inspecting the pod, Eisen turns his head and points at Sam.

Trooper! If I ever learn that the kid starts speaking Tau or whathever language it is the blueberries have I'm making you clean the latrines from decks 10 to 17, that includes the one the Ogryns... and Bob... use.

Frak,,,frakfrakfrak
>Holds up tank
Miranda! Mot! Lend a hand?

>Tries to hold it.
Someone come lend me a hand -and an explanation- on this!

Heavy Infantry, Artillery, Royal Engineers, some tanks and APCs, we'll have the works.

>The same Technician from before steps over to address both Alice and the Captain in hushed tones.

Well people......uh.....we might have to go exploring. Something just 'poofed' out of the Warp. No lifesigns and there's nothing with any 'bad voodoo' on board either, since the Astropath and Navigator haven't tried to devour the Crew while their skin explodes into Servoskulls.
Uh......lets head to the Hanger and get kitted out?

>sighs loudly
I know that but... oh forget it.
I know that now!

Rolled 1 (1d20)

>rolling for how heavy it is, 1d20

Agreed. I´m interested myself in seeing what this... Anomaly is.

>wow
>it is not heavy at all
>it feels ridiculously light
>what the fuck

Right Behind you, Ma'am

Am I forgiven? Because I went through all the "standard" punishment from Lady Anna already and t-that was quite hard...
J-just blow it up.

>Puts it back into place
Uh, Corporal. We really, really get them cogboys to look at it.

I forgive you... I just, I just need some time.

Oh well that wasn't that bad...
Trooper Boer, any idea why this man is in here... or if he is alive, even?

Dunno, Corporal. Best guess, something to throw at them Greenskins. Or our pointman.

Uh well that would be nice but you see...

We ran into some Warpsmith son of a Grox.

We have no cogboys... yet.

How much time? How much?
>she has a very sorry stare, mind you
>you feel like you are kicking a puppy
>a man eating puppy but nonetheless.

Hey, Sam! Who's the kid?

after this mission, I'll think long and hard over the duration of this mission...
>he's looking past her at the wall as he talks.

>a knife magically appears just before his eyes

>It begins defrosting hank
>and he starts coughing hard

>he sighs
can we not resort to this?

>Points Shotgun at Hank's head
If he starts REEEing, I'm turning his head into grokbait.

>Stops before noticing Amelia.
Hello, Amelia. Is... everything allrigth? Ah, how about I show you my room first? Since I´m going to be the one taking care of you soon.
>Sam is not really sure how to handle the situation.

So ork and eldar are fine? Not that I can speak them, but still... Wait, how many duties do I have to clean up now? Gary´s socks still need to be washed...

A girl someone picked up on the last planet. Her name is Amelia.
>Sam proceeds to stand still in the hallway and looks at the girl holding her sleeve.
Nah, there is probably no connection...

>Nudges his arm and whispers through the gasmask.

You don't want to get involved with that child, boy, if she's who the rest of us believe she is, she's dangerous.

Anyhow. This Cryopod is a big leak in protocol. Someone should have been notified of this Cryopod being here! And someone should have left it here in the first place.

Look at the Cryopod's console, see what you can find of the poor bastard, I doubt he's storaged there in purpo-

Throne damn...

Forget the last order, just be ready to shoot if shit goes south.

>Tries to help Hank stand up.