ITT: We post questions that don't warrant enough discussion for a full thread but still need answers

ITT: We post questions that don't warrant enough discussion for a full thread but still need answers.

>Is it Murderhobos or Murder Hobos?

Hobos who commit murder. Occasionally against other murderhobos.
So... both?

What the fuck is GURPS

It's semantics.

Ivory white with black dots are the best d6s.
What are the best colors for other dice?

It's an RPG system.

Generic Unified RolePlaying System

Or was it Universal? Yes, Universal.

Thanks

Kinda seems like an opinion, but I prefer the actual numbers to dots on my other dice

Game system that can handle any setting, is excellent at gritty combat, is awful at super high-powered games (Like 15th level+ DnD simulation, or Demigod characters). And handles everything between fairly well.

It receives a lot of unnecessary hate, and most people will just assume and perpetuate "It's jack of all, master of none" memes, while on the contrary GURPS is the master of many game types.

What can change the nature of a man?

Murder-Hobos

aren't semantics those guys who use mind powers and power points instead of vancian casting?

Check out the gurps general dude. We'll set you straight

Does anyone know of a good tabletop skirmish/ warband-size miniature rule set?

I keep finding all of these sweet Neanderthal/ Cro Magnon/ cavemen miniatures, along with all the dinosaur beasties that I would need to play a game set in the stone age but I don't see any rules for them

I'm tempted to make a hack of the LotR SBG but other than that I'm stumped

We just use gurps. Setup both squads with the same amount of points, go nuts

You're thinking of psionics, user

To be fair you can do that shit in Savage Worlds as well. I do love me some GURPS though...

Goyim United Raping Prepubescent Shitholes
AKA
Catholic church.

>shooting werewolves with a 50 cal in a willy's jeep
sign me right the fuck up

Today I was at work, and randomly thought to myself.
>"With the right group, I'd play anything, I've played Exalted, WoD, Every dnd, retro clones, Cypher System, FATE, Tenra Bansho Zero, Dungeon World, Savage Worlds. And with the right people, I'd even play FATAL."
>"But holy fuck would I never even try to play that Steve Jackson garbage again."

Made an an analogue to Asia in the world I'm building. It kinda just needs to be there but I haven't done much of anything to develop it and I can't for the life of me come up with a fuckin name. The working title of the continent has been "Wuxia" lol

I just need a generic, asian-sounding name to call this continent. This landmass will account for anything oriental players may want to play... Shaolin monks, Mongols, etc.

What do I call it? Shmasia? Orienteon? Chapan? Jina?

>Weebon

Man you made an entire continent just to enable players who want to get their anime, kung fu shit all over your dank high fantasy? That's dedication.

Weebsia

bio-engineering

Murderhobos is a plural form.
Murder hobos is a mission statement.

In DnD and almost any system I guess it's easy to balance a single encounter. But if there are multiple without letting the players rest, how do you balance it? Like, a dungeon full of CR2 encounters for level 2 players will drain them of hp and resources quite fast. And "just letting them rest when they need it" is immersion breaking.
Rishnia?
Becoming something that isn't human, or slight changes with cultural changes

Jesus christ, I didn't think the weebophobia extended THIS far.

Apparently you fuckin dorks are so terrified of being associated with other dorks that you've made the entirety of the fucking Orient off limits.

Why shouldn't they be able to do something asian? Are you willing to put forth anything close to a logical reason or is the half assed bait alone enough to titillate your dumb, sweaty ass?

>Man you made an entire continent just to enable players who want to get their anime, kung fu shit all over your dank high fantasy

I'm not sure if you understand how worldbuilding works but there isn't some grand effort involved in saying a landmass is there, retard.

I'm genuinely fucking rustled over this guys. This is serious business. Sometimes you encounter something so fucking stupid that you can't help but make a scene about it, regardless of the fact that they wanted that reaction from you. What the fuck kind of trolling even is this... There's no thought, there's no wit, it's just the lazy regurgitation of a meme for the purpose of... What? Is being a dick really so important to you that you must take ANY opportunity to express yourself as such? Because that's really all this is.

I fucking hate you guys. I'm going to find out who you are and I'm going to date your fucking mom. And then we're going to move to fucking Shanghai together, just because of this thread. And when she dies of respiratory illness from the rampant pollution you'll only have yourself to blame, you ill groomed, glue eating, urinal shitting, fart wafting fucking mongoloids. I've literally taught Special Ed. elementary school children before, and I'm certain that even they could shitpost better than you.

FUCK

I don't know, you seem pretty mad. I'd say they did a good job, friend.
Philosophy can change the nature of man.

Poetry

The funny part is I'm pretty sure that picture's from Savage Worlds.

>I don't know, you seem pretty mad. I'd say they did a good job, friend.
How incredibly astute of you. Did me saying that I was mad and that they did a good job of that give it away? Your powers of deduction are well beyond what I can comprehend

Right, but kids could do a better job?
Do you yell at kids a lot?

whats a good trap to fuck over my players? I don't particularly care about complexity or actual lethality i just want this to be the biggest middle finger they didn't see coming as possible.
DnD 5e if you must know.

>inb4 crossdressing boys

I remember seeing a trap that led to a 5x10 ft/2 square pit, which would have a normal floor and a ladder up from itself on the other side.

The trick was that the floor under the ladder held the true pit with stakes/pool of acid/etc. The ladder was either illusionary or false in some way. The point was to catch the PC when their guard might be down from the illusion of safety.

Here's a shitty diagram of it.

Your diagram looks retarded but I came here to post the same thing. The ladder doesn't even have to be an illusion, it can be a real ladder that is then dissolved by acid or something.

There's also that bug that resembles a gold coin and eats gold coins. Next time I DM, I plan on putting a few of them in a pet fish tank. Several fish are swimming around a pirate-themed tank that has an open chest in the middle, with what looks like gold coins. players steal the coins like assholes, and their coinpurses are empty when they next go to buy something. oops.

Do any of you guys know of a system that could do Wild West games well?

I already know about Deadlands and the potential of using GURPS or Savage Worlds, but maybe you guys know of other systems that I don't?

More of an arms & armour questions, but: Did soldiers ever paint or decorate their weapons and armour?

I know knights had some fancy tidbits and trinkets on display armour that survives wars without a scratch, but I never see illustrations of anyone, even flamboyant mercenaries, with painted swords or decorated shields. All I can think is that it's either a logistics problem of paints and pigments not being readily available, or a standards problem of every man flashing up his weapon and shield contributing to disorder and minor mistakes.

I always imagined most shields would have some sort of crest on them, at least wooden ones would. swords are much more about the hilt design or engravings.

Nah, I'm a generally patient person. Veeky Forums is just extra special and strikes a special nerve

MiniSix. I actually just made some houserules for doing more detailed gunfight duels. If you're curious, let me know.

Meh. Gonna post it without waiting. I'm an impatient asshole, and this coincidence is too good to pass up.

r8 my module, broski.

I always liked the double fakeout tricks.

The wall of force pit, for example. See, you have a pit with spikes, covered in an illusion of a floor. Most players will find the illusion, and think they've seen through the trap. It's just a couple meters jump to clear the pit, so no problem, people get ready to jump... and the first dude jumping hits a wall of force floating in the middle face first, and falls straight into the pit. The trap wasn't the illusion.

You know, that kind of thing. Then after a couple of these kind of things, you can return to using normal base traps and players will supply the paranoia on their own.

Boot Hill

Murder hobos is murdering hobos whereas Murderhobos would be murdering hobos. So I'd go with Murderhobos.

Weebet? Weebodia? Weebea?

You are the hero this board deserves, user.

Weebany.
Just make it seem like a rape baby between germany and asia. At least it would be interesting then.

>What are the best colors for other dice?
First game I ran heavily was D&D, Black Box back in '92. Since then I have a hard time with dice that don't match the colors I started playing with.
>Green D4
>Red D6
>Blue D8
>Black D10
>Yellow D12
>Orange D20

No really this is the cover from the 3rd edition book GURPS: Technomancer.

Vietnam except with wizards and dragons and you ride a flying carpet.

A room with a set of large double doors with an elaborate mural painted on them with multiple keyholes, various color-coded statues and vases and colored orbs suspended from the ceiling at various heights.

The door just opens outward and is hinged at the top so you have to pass a strength test pulling from the bottom, everything in the room is just full of acid, slimes, poison darts and gas and other horrible crap that mutilates the players when they try and interact with it to solve the puzzle.

What are good uses for illusion spells? I want to play an illusionist but I have no idea for clever uses of the magic.

trickery and traps are the traditional use of illusion spells
how you make use of those trickeries and traps, though is entirely up to you

you could be a trickster mage who likes to prank people
you could put on a show for money
you could have a character that knows illusion spells but isn't a dedicated mage and thus uses illusion spells to aid their end

depends on the system and setting's define as illusion spells

Illusionary blindfolds can blind your enemies, illusionary noises lodged in the throats of wizards can make them botch their spell casting.
Illusionary clothing can make the entire game magical realm.
Illusionary monks are often more useful on the battlefield than real ones.

How do you play a robot in a way that isn't stupid or boring?