Remotely suggest or hint that BTC might not always be #1 and grow infinitely

>remotely suggest or hint that BTC might not always be #1 and grow infinitely
>absolutely assblassted faggot comes out of the woodwork screaming about how it will never stop growing and unloading his brainlet wojak folder

How many of these retards do you reckon have not diversified at all and will kill themselves when BTC inevitably starts reversing? Should probably invest in companies that produce Helium tanks.

fucking hipster

>starts reversing

Are you a fucking retard or
bitcoin is the king and
the one and only
early adoption
brand name
original
best

>falling for the diversification meme

It's amazing people think first-mover advantage is a thing that lasts forever, especially in a space as early-days as cryptocurrency

They have notably shorter and angry post when this topic is brought up, it's kinda pathetic

bitcoin won't grow forever. but you'd have to be retarded to think its reign will end ANY time soon.

there may be corrections, but bitcoin will be the king until all of us have had enough of it. and the sentiment isn't REMOTELY close to that right now.

>best

Well we all know that's not true. Tech-wise BTC is ass

>Should probably invest in companies that produce Helium tanks.

Would be a great idea if they would be able to afford them. Their credit cards are probably already balls deep maxed out in BTC now though.

By the time these cucks decide to get out of denial and try to sell off some BTC at 500 USD price, the chain will already be so dead hashpower wise that it will take months to transact and the next difficulty adjustment will be a year away.

The funny thing is that they think they are on the right side of history supporting 1mb BTC with Lightning networks.

They can't fathom that there are good reasons why Ethereum is developing plasma for scaling instead so it can actually be done in a way that is decentralized and in cases of disputes, can ultimately even use the main chain's validation capacity to check fraud attempts.

The problem is that most of the people spouting off this retarded viewpoint are obvious newfags that didn't hear about crypto until early 2017, so forgive the old-timers for dismissing them like the retards they are.

If they had anything of relevance to say they would've been reading up about all this 4 years ago in 2013, but they didn't because they're fucking lemmings who only follow the herd and probably thought btc was "too risky" sub 1k but are happy to buy at 5k and above.

There is a non-zero chance that a bitcoin killer will emerge someday, but it WILL NOT be any of the shitcoins currently masquerading as "competitors".

Even if you couldn't trade your bitcoins on an exchange. There's only 21 million.

They aren't going to loose their value. You can't just create more and inflate the market.

You're retarded g.

Bitcoin is going nowhere so long as there is billions of people with the ability to access the internet and purchase bitcoin.

The ONLY way you could kill a decentralized currency is through implementing laws making it illegal.

If they do that; they're risking losing their power over the people, the banks are losing.

In fact; they've lost. They're just bleeding out slowly.

Yeah man look at all those recent companies like Amazon, Google, Apple and Microsoft.

Hope the ones I'm looking into for the future can be that coin

>There is a non-zero chance that a bitcoin killer will emerge someday, but it WILL NOT be any of the shitcoins currently masquerading as "competitors"
Imagine being this deluded. I bet you don't even read about other blockchains at all and thus know little to nothing about these "competitors" except the censored echo chamber FUDfeed from r/bitcoin and other theymos mouthpieces.

>BTC = Atari 2600
>BTC Forks = E.T.

People are just going to find a way to trade their bitcoins you dolt.

Boo boo you won't be able to swing trade 50x a day.

Not-risky right, i got GOX'd for 11 BTC.
I'm literally in the worst position here, i'm neither a early seller who at least got some profit or someone who flat out rejected the premise of BTC but at least didn't spend any money.

I got the worst of both worlds

redround3

>Amazon
>Microsoft
I'll accept those, Amazon created something novel for the time and continued to improve and innovate in the space

>Google
Wasn't the first search engine
>Apple
Wasn't the first computer company or first smartphone company

nice

SHUT UP FAG
BITCOIN ALWAYS NUMBA ONE

>when BTC inevitably starts reversing
Hi, salty nocoiner. Let me tell you a secret: it's never going to happen. Enjoy staying poor forever. All you had to do was buy 1 BTC...

>2013
>Bitcoin will be the future of currency! You'll be buying things in bitcoin!
>2017
>Its a store of value, not actually meant for spending (cause it cant handle that lol)

What will be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

He probably meant buying stocks in em early enough. Even across the niche of any of those you'd have made a nice profit.

>salty nocoiner.

Why would he have to be a nocoiner? I only hold BTC right now and I don't actually believe in the long-term future of the thing

A lot of old timers have been trough a lot with BTC, and that has built up a kind of close-mindedness with them. They remember the first altcoin boom back in 2012-2013 and how almost all of them were complete shit and not worth it. That boom was a lot like the ICO boom this year, with the vast majority of coins/tokens being scams or shit. So they feel justified holding onto Bitcoin and slamming literally everything else because 98% of the crypto space is horseshit.

It is ultimately a dumbass stance to have and will be their downfall, "Digital Gold" is the most recent excuse as to why Bitcoin won't die. But take a look from outside the space and you can very see it happening, faster than most people expect, really.

BTC is a classic example of first-mover advantage and speculation. It's fundamentals are horseshit and are already destroyed by the likes of Ethereum. I could very well see the flippening happening in 2018. It already almost happened already. The last few months have not been good for Bitcoin. It's price, yes, but anything propping up that price, especially in comparison to other legit cryptos (ETH, BCH, XMR, etc) has been washed away. Even devs are leaving for ETH right now.

Only thing left is time. As thats the only thing resting on your first-mover advantage will get you.

Give me one reason why any shitcoin today has more than a snowball's chance in hell of supplanting btc. These faggots stand on the shoulders of a giant and call themselves tall. It's fucking embarassing.

>bitcoin continues pumping
>hype grows exponentially
>normies invest en mass around 20k
>market crashes
>causes stock market to crash
>causes real estate market to crash
>govt steps in to regulate crypto
>this was the plan all along
How realistic?

Key difference is that those companies kept innovating. BTC is stagnant, technology-wise.

>govt steps in to regulate crypto

If regulation is anything short of an outright ban that would legitimize cryptocurrency in the eyes of a fuckton of people and whatever survives that crash will be huge

>only hold BTC right now and I don't actually believe in the long-term future of the thing
then you're a moron. why would you hold something you don't believe in? anyway... holding BTC is the only right choice. It literally can't go down. It will be a store of value, just like gold, recognized by "official" markets soon. BTC is the only real asset. All other altcoins are memes, created to maintain the profit of gpu miners and remove BTC from dumb noobs. BTC is the only thing that grows in comparison to everything else... and that, my friends, is the only thing that matters in a speculative market. There's nothing quite like Bitcoin, when it comes to cryptocurrencies. It's artificial scarcity just makes sure that it's value can only go up, as national currencies keep hyper-inflating and the global population increases. 1 BTC will be worth at least a million dollars in the future (though, chinese money will be more valuable than USD, as it will be backed by BTC).

Probably a 1 Trillion marketcap

Market cap on it's own doesn't do anything, how did it get there is what we need to worry. The CME will be inb4 1 trillion, the big boys have let the normies feed their longs, it was working, why did they stop?

>why would you hold something you don't believe in?

Because I don't believe the thing to replace BTC is here yet, and this will continue to go up regardless for a while more. It's not that hard to figure out user

Maybe because the big boys can't manipulate it as well as they can other markets (paper gold etc)

Allowing an institutionalized futures market will be heaven for them

Can't wait for you to lose all your btc on some speculative piece of shit then :^)

Yea it's to bad some of us in Veeky Forums actually know how to properly find information.

So reading this is pure entertainment and abit confusing if people are taking this post seriously.

I'm only planning on putting 20% of my BTC into it so I'll be fine, thanks for the concern though!

So they short the shit out of it, our markets follow, normies BTFO, game over

>Bitcoin is a company

I fucking hate you

Yeah basically, which I think a lot of the current whales in crypto are thinking.

I think the mail goal of the real players is to get the btc from these big boys, so the TL;DR is expect the unexpected

>holding BTC is the only right choice. It literally can't go down.
>there are people that believe this

Babby's first bubble

You're right, but it's going to $20k before it goes below $10k

>Even if you couldn't trade your bitcoins on an exchange. There's only 21 million.
>They aren't going to loose their value. You can't just create more and inflate the market.

The only reason Bitcoin has value is because people buy them with the expectation that they'll make money off of them. The value would drop to zero if no one wants it or if it can't be traded on a market. It doesn't matter if you keep the supply limited or not.

>The ONLY way you could kill a decentralized currency is through implementing laws making it illegal.
Or it could die naturally from market forces.

Investing early is different than investing only in one company/asset.

Definitely, if not higher. But it's going to crash, and when it does it's going to crash hard.

There are literally thousands of shitcoins which have been shilled and are now in low-volume death. It's absolutely possible to kill a decentralized currency. Value in crypto is defined by ROI power, once a coin loses that, it'll die.

So then you do believe in btc long term :^) glad we settled that

if I had only invested in btc and never bought anything else I would have made like 5x times more money

>So then you do believe in btc long term

I wouldn't hedge more than 20% on a single coin that may or may not become the replacement to BTC. That would be stupid

Say that I want to invest in a black box that returns value. Where should I put my money?

A bank account? No, banks have standardized and monopolized this. I won't receive much of a return and there are restrictions on the way that I can use my money.
Bonds? No, the return is very low and I must work with middle men to get my value.
Real estate? No, it requires a large investment and I have to work with many middlemen.
Gold/Silver? No, the returns are low and volatile.
Stock market? No, it requires high effort for meager returns and I am bound to corporations.

Bitcoin? Yes, I am guaranteed high returns for little effort. I don't need to work with any middlemen. I can withdraw at any time to use my funds some other purpose. There are no overhead costs and my funds are secure.

How many people have bank accounts with balances larger than $12000?

Bitcoin with Lightning becomes a very high yield debit card account.

Viewing Bitcoin this way it's easy to imagine a rise well beyond 100,000.

Bitcoin won't be king forever but it will be king for a long while. Five or ten years, when Crypto is accepted and markets are properly accessible by the average Joe on his phone. That's when Bitcoin can be disrupted. Right now it's foolish not to buy in.

If I had invested in Hempcoin two days ago, I would've made 5x my money.

Whales open CME short and dump, market BTFO, buy back cheap with cash settlements

yeah what the fuck was all that about

Yeah, except that's what everyone and their dog is thinking (this is usually not how successful margin moves work)

But then again there's that much new and dumb money in that it might just be inevitable

>Yes, I am guaranteed high returns for little effort.

There's no guarantee because that would imply no risk. As with any investment, there's always a risk.

>I don't need to work with any middlemen.

You need the exchanges.

>There are no overhead costs.

The overhead costs are the exchange/transaction fees.

Hard to imagine the normies holding us down through extended red, stock boomers have been configured to buy the dip but these aren't them

There's no way after seeing how big BTC got that banks won't try to find a relatively early and cheap coin to push for

how can it be a bubble? there's only 21 million coins for 7 billion people (number of people and cash can increase, but Bitcoins will stay the same). A single bitcoin will be worth 10000000 dollars in 1-3 decades.

>A single bitcoin will be worth 10000000 dollars in 1-3 decades.

That's assuming BTC becomes a world currency