GM starts off the gaming session by reading out a Nietzsche quotation

>GM starts off the gaming session by reading out a Nietzsche quotation

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x_iANf1BH4U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>OP starts off the Thread with a single line of Greentext.

>Voltaire: "A witty saying proves nothing."

ITT: Nietzschean campaign hooks

>If a temple is to be erected, a temple must be destroyed
>We have already gone beyond whatever we have words for
>Some are born posthumously
>One must pay dearly for immortality; one has to die several times while one is still alive
>Man is something which shall be surpassed
>has anyone ever gone so far even as decided to look more like

>Borat: "very nice"

>James Joyce: You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I fucked them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your whole.

>My PC quotes Chesterton back at the Big Bad.

That's when you start the session by whipping out your dick, and pissing on the carpet.

Fedora toilers get butt destroyed when they have to face the downside of " I can do what ever I want" it's " people can do what ever they want to you".

>Her cunt became the world.
Terry J.R.R. Pullmartin

I play an antinietzshean character straight from Dostoyevski's work. Your move GM.

>my character will do the entire monologue of Atlas Shrugged in front of the BBEG

Perfect.

l(a

le
af
fa
ll

s)
one
l

iness

We'll all be dead by the time you get half way. Probably from suicide.

They make for great memes however.

I correct him in his pronounciation of Nietzsche, then proceed to explain how to quote lost nuance in the translation to English and bring up the context of the text.

If he notices how I have no idea what I'm talking about, he's done his research and everythings fine.
If he doesn't or can't argue against my 4 CHA, the campaign is gonna be a trainwreck.

jesus they all sound like the stage descriptions in Blazblue or Soul Calibur

I start making my next character on sidenotes while we play, to minimize downtime.

Heaven nor hell, lets ubermensch!

>tfw Reading also sprach zarathrustra but realise that i'm terrible at german

>the quote is "Could one count such dilettantes and old spinsters as that mawkish apostle of Virginity, Mainlander, as a genuine German? In the last analysis he was probably a Jew"

roll for san loss

1d10/1d100

>not beginning every session with a prayer

>GM starts off the gaming session with a hip-hop MC battle

God is dead, haven't you heard the news?

nietzsche loved jews, he spend all his time telling people he was talking about the old jews and the modern christians. /pol/ just doesn't know it.

>Party kills you to save the BBEG the trouble.

these are actually pretty cool
>If a temple is to be erected, a temple must be destroyed
even sounds kinda like something I was planning on for my own campaign involving an established religion being challenged by a smaller cult-like group that is making a play to accrue more open followers

Here's a few I've had, good and bad, which really stood out for setting the tone of things to come.

>DM starts the session by asking us if he can borrow some dice
>DM starts the session by placing the "oriental adventure" book on the table and a grin on his face
>DM starts the session by asking the paladin if he's heard of the little known D&D god "Deez"
>DM starts the session by handing out two 40 oz malt liquors to each of us
>DM starts the session by asking us if we're "willing to explore themes about sex"
>DM starts the session by quoting the jesus, followed by asking us if we know much about the history of chess

>Not opening sessions with quotes from Home Improvement

youtube.com/watch?v=x_iANf1BH4U

I was about to make fun of you for posting that panda but then I noticed that his left hand is apparently broken so I decided to lay off, get well soon buddy

>GM starts off the gaming session by reading out a Monty Python quotation about Nietzsche and his comprehensive knowledge on the raising of the wrist
>Will sometimes then digress about Socrates being an erudite thinker but a sincere brute when in his cups

An australian variation.

>his
what?

only the first one of these seems to actually work for this though

>New Only War campaign dealing with fighting rebels in a jungle
>GM opens with "Man was matter, that was Snowden's secret. Drop him out a window, and he'll fall. Set fire to him and he'll burn. Bury him and he'll rot, like other kinds of garbage. The spirit gone, man is garbage. That was Snowden's secret. Ripeness was all."
Good or bad sign?

>OP starts a thread by frogposting