A friend of mine has an entire army of imperial guard...

A friend of mine has an entire army of imperial guard, tanks and infantry armed exclusively with plasma pistols and other plasma weapons.

How do i beat him? I'm also playing imperial guard but no one so far at my local shop has beaten this shitfest of plasma.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Qx2lMaMsl8
youtube.com/watch?v=2bosouX_d8Y
youtu.be/GKaYOW9zMoY?t=1m10s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>beaten people with plasma.
I was under the impression no one used plasma because it overheats.

Does he also take carapace armour? because if the answer is no, flame his shit up. Also take vanquishers for antitank

I've tried that but he sits out of range and uses artillery to pick off my tanks.

post pics

I don't have any pictures of his army.

What's his list? roughly?

Play necrons, build an asshole army, fuck everything up, never get invited to play again.

We have a nercon guy at the store, he died after a very long match.

Have more plasma than him.

How? With all the units/heavy armor you should be bringing your buddy should've melted his shit down before he did any real damage

try swarming him with a horde of guardsmen?

>died after a very long match

Am I reading this right? Someone died because they sat down moving figures across a table and rolled dice for too long?

I beat a necron with my skitarii/gray knight army but I didn't enjoy it at all.. very annoying to play a necron with a competitive list.

No, He was defeated.

Plasma weapons, good against elite infantry and light vehicles. Too expensive per shot to be great against mass infantry, not strong enough to deal with heavy tanks.

Imperial guard: mass infantry and heavy tanks galore!

And somehow you're the one who struggles?

>what are executioners
One shot from an executioner Leman Russ that doesn't scatter will basically splatter a squad. OP says he has arty, which solves the problem of heavy armor.

nope, people actually dying from playing for too long is vidya and theater thing

>mass infantry
VS
>plasma tanks

You clearly haven't played a plasma person before, that was the first thing i did.

ez pz

>One shot from an executioner Leman Russ that doesn't scatter will basically splatter a squad. OP says he has arty, which solves the problem of heavy armor.

Flyers.

Plasma Guns hit on a 6, and so are as likely to kill their owners as they are gunna hit their targets. Plasma Cannons are template and cannot hit flyers period.

Take an Elysian Army to the field, load up on Valkyries carrying infantry with flamer templates and Vendettas carrying melta command squads. Get some camo-cloaked veterans in cover to claim backfield objectives and hide for first turn.

Your goal Vendettas target the tanks and when they fly over drop CCS or PCS with four meltas in them. Your Valkyries hit the infantry and drop the troops near enemy troops or objectives themselves.

That's all I got. Also, instead of using Elysian models get Catchan Models for maximum Vietnam against his WW2.

Don't got 2k to dump into titan.

>One shot from an executioner Leman Russ that doesn't scatter will basically splatter a squad. OP says he has arty, which solves the problem of heavy armor.

What?

>not just fucking getting them from China

Not sure how the current edition plays but, if it's available, a drop troop force might work pretty decently here.
Sentinels with hunter killer missiles are also good. The unlimited range can remove or blunt artillery.
There are a couple of options that allow for things like lance strikes, if I remember right. Keep a fairly open formation on the edge of the table to reduce the enemy's effectiveness of artillery while delivering your own if you want to go that route.

>I don't have any pictures of his army.

then take some and post them.
Many of us are going to assume you are bullshitting and not help you until we have photographic proof your friend's eccentric army exists.

Remind him that Preferred enemy no longer gives him 'gets hot' re-rolls on his plasma cannons, via the new FAQ.

Then play Inquisition and use a plasma siphon.

>Then play Inquisition and use a plasma siphon.

Ouch, that's going to hurt. Not even cheating that in against Tau Pulse weapons, this is straight plasma we're talking.

Spam nothing but infantry. He'll be wasting the AP 2, and he's probably more likely to kill himself with all the Gets Hot.

Not providing a website that sells them and link to this titan.

3D PRINTERS
D

P
R
I
N
T
E
R
S

yea, 3D print it. Now you have a $4000 Titan.

The problem with a plasmaspam guard army is that it leaves you unprepared for dealing with hordes; plasma's great for killing Marines, but it only fires 1-2 shots (meaning it isn't good for dealing with hordes) and is expensive as fuck (meaning your friend can't bring as many guardsmen/tanks/artillery as you can). So the solution is field large numbers of infantry armed with flamers/grenade launchers and/or Leman Russes (whose armor is nearly impervious to plasma). You should be able to krump him good.

Another solution (if you're more the stationary "hold the line" kind of guard player) is Heavy Weapons Teams with Heavy Bolters/Mortars and artillery, as Plasma Guns are 24" range, so you should be able to clear most of his guys out before he even get's into range, and with that much Barrage, he can kiss any cover saves goodbye.

My third and final solution is particularly dickish, so save as a last resort. Spam air support. Again, plasma is expensive, so I'm assuming he's had to skimp some on the other parts of his army and is probably unprepared for the metric fucktons of Valkyries and Vendettas you can bring to the table. Additionally, if you/your shop are cool with using Forge World models, Imperial Armour Aeronautica has some great shit for IG air support.

Don't play guard. Could Flyers work?

>How do i beat him?

Buy also tanks and infantry with plasma weapons.

Nah, best answer was already provided:

Lots of flyers, hordes and templates. Maybe take a look at those Mont'Ka formations and give GW all your money.

Why do people keep posting this? OP clearly specified he also uses Executioners. Those will fucking murder infantry.

>Don't play guard.
What?

>Could Flyers work?
Unless he grabs a Skyfire Nexus, all of his guys would have to take snap shots against flyers, so yeah. Also his tanks and artillery can't even target flyers since they're using blast weapons. The biggest concern would be leaving enough guys on the ground to survive the first few turns until the cavalry arrives, and having enough ground units to take objectives and such while his plasma dudes are running away from strafing runs.

youtu.be/GKaYOW9zMoY?t=1m10s

Actually if your buying from aussie land it is 4k.

>survive the first few turns until the cavalry arrives
Dig in. Aegis lines can take those things that let you reroll reserves. There's also a WT, and then there are Navy officers too. Make your conscripts go to ground in an AL and then they are 50 bodies that have a 3+++ or something (I'm on the phone, I don't remember the exact number).

I'm not sure if the Priest can reroll cover saves, or if it was only armour and invulns.

Only armor and invulns, since war hymns only activate in close combat. Of course, ADLs may be of questionable use, depending on how many Basilisks Mr. Plasmaspam brings (I'm assuming not many since plasma is so expensive, but OP doesn't have much for us in the way of details).

>ADLs may be of questionable use
Cover would protect the troops from BOTH plasma and artillery (unless the enemy is bringing Wyverns or using that Artillery Mont'Ka formation), not to mention you could combine the ADL's Comms relay with the Navy Orders to bring those Vendettas on a rerollable 2+. Can't get any better than that.

You could almost say he Got Hot.

Barrage weapons can potentially ignore cover depending on where they land, that's why I brought it up. One or two artillery pieces probably wouldn't be enough to get a lucky hit, but more than that could cause problems.

what about plasma syphons?

Let OP defeat his enemy through might, tenacity and planning, not through bullshit.

This is what plasma syphons were built for, user

BUild a deathwatch themed strikeforce. Can inquisition still call down exterminatus?

If so, just run around dropping pie-plates all day

>IG
>Plasma
All you have to do is show up.