What would a poorly researched & highly stereotypical western counterpart to "the Far East" fantasy setting look like?

What would a poorly researched & highly stereotypical western counterpart to "the Far East" fantasy setting look like?

You mean if it were different from the average fantasy setting?

Greyhawk

Same thing as the average pseudo-medieval European setting, but with more ninja nuns and villains with plans based on poorly understood christian concepts.

Any anime not set in Japan, explicitly or implicitly.

Texas.

The fact that every answer in this thread is not Texas greatly saddens me.

This assumes even less knowledge than an average westerner

80s new york is arguably more western than texas. Its at least relevant and has too fucking much screen time while still having no relation to anywhere else.

Game of Thrones

Everything is Kung-Fu.

I'm imagining the Japanese impressions of the Dutch prior to America saying "fuck you you're part of the world now," basically that they're intelligent beast men.

Did the Japanese ever say the Dutch were tengu?

The Federation from Starship Troopers populated entirely by the Ferengi from DS9.

Look at these big-nosed portuguese motherfuckers.
I love this kind of outside perspective of familiar things.

I swear I had a couple of mesoamerican codices with art of conquistadors, but I can't find them now.

In quite a few African languages white people were called "Lost"

Apparently whites often introduced themselves as such

That's gold.

I was expecting to see someone snarking about 7th Sea in this thread.

Yee haw, sir knight!

Brettonia?

The nose knows, even in Japan

underrated

Roman and greek columns everywhere

>Emperor Jean-Luc Newton of the Holy Roman Empire
>Which is literally the Roman Empire except really catholic
>The emperor is also the pope, but not celibate

On that note, you all know how Manhattan was supposedly sold by the Indians for a bunch of beads?

Well what actually happened was these guys from a tribe further up the coast had set up a small camp to wait for traders so they could buy whiskey. These dutch colonists show up, grab the first native they see and go "we want to buy the island", the tribesmen go "lol ok" and walk off with several thousand dollars worth of axes, spices, tools, etc, having sold a island that belonged to another tribe.

>What would a poorly researched & highly stereotypical western counterpart to "the Far East" fantasy setting look like?

Game of Thrones.

The Good, The Bad, The Weird.

>but not celibate
Just like most real popes!

But that's based in Korea. Idiot.

Well, Manchuria.

It'd probably be like a sword and sorcery anime, only much more over the top and with a more Japanese style of storytelling and with European monsters less like in a JRPG and more twisted to be like Eastern spirits.

Any anime set in america/the west, especially if it includes references to christianity.

Every anime set in the west ever.

Yeah, I'd agree with these two guys. Stuff I've noticed in a lot of 'medieval' anime:
>No tunics or any medieval wear - just modern clothes in dull colours, sometimes robes and slutwear
>Plate armour resembles something an American Football player would wear or Space Marine armour
>Confusion of medieval and early modern ideas - peasants, castles and knights mixed with suits, top hats, big poofy dresses and Victorian manor houses
>Church is always evil all the time

Of course these problems don't just occur in anime. Admittedly I notice it more because I'm fussy autistic about medieval settings but most D&D/standard fantasy settings are this kind of weird anachronistic limbo where society is pretty much modern day norms, values, morals and ideas, except with a monarch, the occasional villainous nobleman and less tech.

Though obviously on the other end of the spectrum is the stuff that tries too hard to be gritty realistic western medieval and is nothing but mud and death.

Oh, and a bonus point for any medieval anime:
>Bikinis

>women not in dresses

>No tunics or any medieval wear - just modern clothes in dull colours, sometimes robes and slutwear
While not exactly historically accurate, I prefer the way Nips treat medieval country to how many (though not all, mind you!) Western sources do it. You know, the dark and drap shades of grey and brown where you can literally recognize the nobility not by their jewels and clothes of fine materials, but by the fact that they're not (entirely) covered in shit? Having a world with drab but still varied colors for the peasants and extravagant and kind of gay nobles feels more appropriate to be quite honest onii-senpai.

Anima