Leviathan, Behemoth and Ziz are real. How does this effect humanity?

Leviathan, Behemoth and Ziz are real. How does this effect humanity?

Lets say Explorers actually found Behemoth Wandering the Great Plains of North America, Ziz is minding it's own business in Australia, and Leviathan is often seen by ships and occasionally ports.

Lets say the ignore humans unless provoked. How would this effect people?

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job 40:15-41:34&version=NIV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Finding three creatures out of Hebrew mythology is going to spark a lot of attention.

Well, going by the Akdamut, the proper response is to kill them and serve their flesh as a feast for all virtuous Jews.

God kills them at the End of time. Not Humans.

I think it explicitly says in Job that Behemoth and Leviathan are unkillable, definitively.

Though Job was added waaaay after the other books of the OT, and it doesn't even convey any religious message, or historical account. In fact, it goes against Jewish thought completely. So its veracity is certainly dubious.

>are unkillable
>God can't make them killable

There's a sudden upsurge in religion.

Competitive bullriders have a new life goal.

I wonder how the Natives of The Great Plains would be different having their entire culture being able to clearly see it every so often. Same with the aboriginals with Ziz.

Think of the Glory. If you fail, not only will Behemoth crush you but maybe a city as well. Would the Great Plains even have cities with Behemoth wondering around?

He blew up the leviathon

Okay, unkillable by material means.

Job says that it sits underneath lotuses, and is hidden by river reeds. That's not a very big creature.

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job 40:15-41:34&version=NIV

He killed the the male Leviathan. Their were two at creation but their spawn would overwhelm every living thing. It is never stated why he let the Female go. Only that it's flesh will be given to the worthy at the end times.

>Job says that it sits underneath lotuses, and is hidden by river reeds. That's not a very big creature.

Then how does a whole town stand underneath it for protection from lightning strikes?

Well, I think it would mostly be surprising that the Hebrews knew about north american and australian megafauna.

Deep river?

There is only one of each. And they seem unaffected by time.

Well Ziz can fly, and Behemoth probably swam its way to America.

The natives around the Behemoth and Ziz likely would consider them Gods. Leviathan is likely worshiped or feared by many Coastal settlements around the world. The fact they are literally immortal would gain a lot of attention. Not to mention the religious debates that will come from finding them.

I think you misunderstand the scope of Leviathan. Gimme a sec to grab it.

>There really isn't that much HUEG stuff in the Bible.
Ziz Saday was lost in translation from the Hebrew bible, but technically it's mentioned within Psalms 50 and Psalms 80.

>Psalms 50:10-13
For every beast of the forest is mine. Behemoth on a thousand hills.
I know all the birds of the mountains and Ziz Saday is mine.
Were I hungry, I would not tell you; for the world and all that is in it is mine.
Shall I eat the meat of bulls, or drink the blood of goats?
>Psalms 80:9-14
You plucked up a vine from Egypt; you expelled nations and planted it
You cleared a place for it, it took deep root and filled the land.
The mountains were covered by its shade, mighty cedars by its boughs.
Its branches reached the sea, its shoots the river.
Why did you breach its wall, so that every passerby plucks its fruit
The boar from the forest ravages it, and Ziz Saday feeds on it.

The problem is, that the biblical translations go with an etymological interpretation of Ziz Saday, using it to mean "everything that moves in the field" based on the verb "zwz" which means "to move", whereas, in Rabbinic literature in particular in Aggadic tradition, Ziz Saday is used as a proper name for a legendary entity similar to that of Behemoth or Leviathan. This entity is also referenced in the Talmud. Here's some summaries about its size
>An egg fell out of its nest, took out 300 tall cedars on the way, then cracked and the yolk/white spilling out carried off some 60 villages
>"Ziz is a bird so great, that with spreading abroad his wings, he hideth the sunne, and darkeneth all the world"
>"saw a bird in the middle of the see, so high, that the water reached but her knees; whereupon he wished his companions on there to wash because it was so shallow; Do it not (faith a voice from heaven) for it is seven years space since a hatchet, by chance falling out of a man's hand in this place, and always descending, is not yet come at the bottom"
>its often described that its head knocks the sky

Aggadic tradition and the Talmud strike again:

"Once we went in a ship and saw a fish which put his head out of the water. He had horns upon which was written: 'I am one of the meanest creatures that inhabit the sea. I am three hundred miles in length, enter this day into the jaws of the leviathan'"

Now at this time, a mile was around 5,000 pedes or Roman feet. This is roughly equivalent to 4854 ft. which brings the size of the Leviathan to approximately 1,456,200 feet in length or approximately the distance from Seattle, Washington to Asotin, Washington.

Thought a mile was 1000 Roman legionnaire steps. That's how they measured the roads after all.

When did they change it?

He fought with him.

Worm rules, we're fucked.

We're good and fucked, cunts.

Holy sweet fuck is that big. Jesus Christmas Christ on a space-hopper.
He's a big guy.

For Jew.

Wrong creature.

Why do we always hear about behemoth and leviathan but never ziz?

Ziz was Considered more important by German Jews but Anglos won.

Given the yoke and white of one of ziz's unfertilized eggs flooded a while city on accident... pretty fuck.

This is pretty funny to imagine though.

60 cities. But lets just say one.

Ziz Saday was translated as zwz saday when put into the anglicized bibles which changes the meaning from a proper name to mean "everything that moves in the field" as a phrase

Job is the oldest book in the bible though

Jesus christ

Reminds me of that "10 km giant what do" thread