Why do humans and elves have so much variety, cultures, and ethnicities/subraces...

Why do humans and elves have so much variety, cultures, and ethnicities/subraces, while dwarves are always the exact same ale-guzzling, bearded, mountain-mining, axe-swinging Scotsmen (maybe Jews sometimes)?

Then halflings and gnomes eventually get caught in the crossfire and rendered nicheless because "short and stout folk living in hills and burrows" is a little too close to "short and stout folk living in mountains." You might as well merge dwarves, halflings, and gnomes into "mountain folk" or something like that...

Have you tried not using the standard PHB model

Have you ever even played a tabletop RPG

Here, this one's more familiar

Would you a gully dwarf

Fuck the topic, post more cute anime hobbits

you mean loli?

>Why do humans and elves have so much variety, cultures, and ethnicities/subraces, while dwarves are always the exact same ale-guzzling, bearded, mountain-mining, axe-swinging Scotsmen

>not wanting traditional ale-guzzling, bearded, mountain-mining, axe-swinging Scotsmen

Probably because most people don't care enough to think of the race elaborated beyond the basic description, or if they want a variant on a personality they'll just go ahead and do it with their character.

You're never completely limited with what your character's like unless your GM's a dick, and as long as you play it well there's nothing to really worry about. While my group was rolling characters up for our first 5e game, one of them came up with a dwarf sailor, which was weird enough since dwarves don't really into boats as far as I know, but he essentially made him into a deep-diving frogman dwarf.

All I know about gully dwarves is that people hate them. What's their gimmick anyway?

No, I mean shota.

Didn't know those guy's existed. Going to use them in my campaign, because the dwarf player will fucking hate it (he dislikes donkeys, because one bite him in the ass).

Patrician taste my good user.

Because this.

>"Why don't dwarves know about [hip new thing]? Do you people live under a rock?"

"Yes"

>"Oh"

bump

Dwarfs are good where they are.

First time I've heard of a cannibalistic donkey.

I've always rolled dwarves, hobbits, and gnomes together into one race. They're likable but somewhat stoic community minded traditionalists, masters of the land both above and below it, and very dedicated and skilled craftsmen. They also tend to live among humans a lot, taking a lot of their culture from their neighbors while still remaining kind of separate

They're like Kender with downs.

Because having one race be homogeneous is unique?

These are definitely girls, the rest I'm on the fence about.