ITT: Stupid shit your PCs do

ITT: Stupid shit your PCs do.

>Drow assassin player robs Dragonborn monk of his last two gold pieces.
>Dragonborn player is fairly new and decides that his character knows he stole the gold when he does not.
>Kicks down the Drow's door and begins to assault him.
>Guards come in and throw his ass in jail for attempted murder.
>Drow ask the druid if he can borrow two dragonfire flask.
>The druid being neutral just shrugs and hands them over.
>Drow torches the Dragonborn in his cell and he dies.
>Same session we get him a new character. A half orc ranger.
>They tell him to walk up to this warband and distract them while the rest of the party dispatches the orc sentries on the cliffs above.
>Immediately stabs lead orc and they throw down in an honor duel.
>Gets decapitated after 3 rounds of combat.

Two deaths in one session. A good night.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Le4ul-KKzdQ
youtu.be/n63UbX5kzAc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>trusting the drow

Shit GM detected.

>Shit GM detected.
I didn't tell them to trust him.
I bet you railroad your PCs fgt.

>an unknown just airdropped and killed the last enemy of the PCs
>doesn't look like anything they've ever seen, the tech is radically different
>PCs call the boss man to see what he knows
>doesn't look like anything he's ever seen
>they try communicating with it in a multitude of languages
>nothing
>it's just standing there
>looking at them
>one player thinks it might not be hostile
>another much louder player knows it's hostile
>because his parents were military
>so this means he knows tactics and procedure
>or something
>rest of group falls in with him because he's louder and that makes him right

>Because I'm louder I'm right

i shit you not, this is how most of the NPC's in my game die

I don't think I want to play with these guys.

always safer to assume something IS hostile than to assume it ISN'T.

if only my players were that careful.

youtube.com/watch?v=Le4ul-KKzdQ

Now, to be fair, they DID touch artyom in a very private place as a child.

It's hostile.

So he killed it.

>open, if misunderstood, communication and attempts at self preservation are hostile
This is what cops and russians actually believe.

They are not human so they must be killed.

The Metro is ours!

>dehumanizing the enemy for PTSD-free killings
This is what Fourth Reichers actually believe.

They are all dead so they cannot say anything.

The winners write the history books.

You don't say...

But neither are slavs.

>start campaign
>small community somewhere between a town and a village
>couple hundred people and the community is nearly entirely human with some halfling refugees.
>PC's naturally head to the tavern when they arrive to find rooms for the night
>The town guard is having a party because their captain is retiring.
>PC's join the party and amidst the revelry the captain collapses, dead, of poison.
>The PC's are detained along with the barmaids delivering drinks, the cook, and the barkeep.
>PC's decide to break out of jail instead of waiting on trial
What why?
>Kill guards
Jesus christ what the fuck are you doing
>Take guard uniforms
>Pretend to be part of the watch
>They know town watch is small enough that they wre literally all on face to face relations and having a party at the tavern
>They have the fucking elves dress up, theres literally no elves in the town.
>They end up killing those guards too

The PC's are now spending their time avoiding the law and our running hounds. Why are PC's so fucking stupid? I'm going to start keeping a spray bottle filled with water so I can train them because they are literally no better than rabid animals.

>The PC's are now spending their time avoiding the law and our running hounds. Why are PC's so fucking stupid? I'm going to start keeping a spray bottle filled with water so I can train them because they are literally no better than rabid animals.
No, you don't need that shit. The game is your spray bottle. If they do stupid shit which doesn't work, have that bite them in the ass. It's simple as that.

This is the plot to mote in god's eye

Well yeah, welcome to GMing, don't get discouraged after your first attempt.

>PCs romping through the woods
>see some black bears
>easyXP.rtd
>halfway through slaughtering the bears, Druid remembers he's "a friend of nature" and attempts to communicate
>remaining bears are scared and angry....and cornered
>don't feel like talking
>druid not happy about the bears being less than cooperative since, y'know, he's a druid'n'shit
>tells bears to fuck off
>bears tell druid to fuck off
>fighter kills bears because they were being hostile

The ride never ends...

>easyXP.rtd
>actually giving xp directly for killing shit
I seriously thought you retards were extinct for a decade

>letting your players pick on the new guy
>playing with a pack of retards that pick on the new guy
Shit tier group detected.

>Guards come in
What kind of shit tier guard would take a Drow's word over a Dragonborn's? What kind of retarded Oblivion style "Stop right there, criminal scum" bullshit did you pull to have the guards show up before the monk/assassin fight had concluded?

I did sit them down before hand and explain that exp would be granted on an encounter/challenge/scenario basis. They argued about exp being granted for kills...so I agreed to grant minimal exp (like 1/10) for "street mobs" as they called them.
The previous account was one of the first examples of them trying to grind out their level. It didn't work.
This is why JRPG fags are no longer welcome at my table.
They were also the type to "click" on anything they passed in the hopes of finding secret loot.

>>easyXP.rtd

And this is why XP is something players in my group don't get to see and I'm tracking it for them, hidden.

>group is in the kings throne room
>king is praising their work clearing out orcs on the border and stopping a local crimelord (unrelated but they passed eachother on the street and the barbarian just up and stabbed the guy. Claimed he was doing a civic duty to local guards and bard backed him up.)
>bard fucks anything vaguely female and has on several occasions drunkenly raped barstools for having smooth thin legs
>likes to ham it up by RPing as a sleazy "Ay bay bee!" Type
>think some weird newyork italian mafioso type voice but acts like carl from aquateen
>sees the queen and princess next to the king
>interrupts the kings speech infront of the entire royal court
"AYY! Yous up there! Botha yous! Howabout we ditch the old fuck and yous can take a ride on MY throne!"
>says he's also serenading them with song from his lute
youtu.be/n63UbX5kzAc
Guess why its his bards signature song. go ahead, 3 tries you'll never get the awesome metajoke.
>barb is vocals of course cause he's currently offering to show both of them what donkey punching is
>seems legitimately surprised when fascinate and suggestion ain't doing shit and the king is livid
>second the guards surround him he starts stabbing
>everyone else remains calm minus the barb who is just having fun singing
>bard runs through the hallways stabbing literally anyone he sees
>gets a brilliant plan
>drags a maids corpse into a closet
>switches clothes with maid and puts on a bonnet
>is surprised his brilliant blood covered and knife holed disguise is instantly seen through
>continues running but now the guards are actually on his tail
>gets taken out by archers in the yard
>rest of the group is in deep shit but manages to get talk their way out of it as everyone saw the rest had nothing to do with the events minus the barb but you can't blame a retard who acts retarded
>bard player is trying to get me to have the party arrested through side chat so he can roll a thief who steals kings jewels in the dungeon.

>Unanimous group decision behind my back then brought up to me not to invite him back
>didn't even hesitate

>Hired by merchant lord to recuperate his lost ores because rat folks stole it from a ship he owned, wants the heads of them

Party and I investigate whereabouts of the street rats, find their hideout, We know they are decently armed and have a gigantic rat man like 9 feet tall and shit and built like a brick house

I'm ready to spam hold person on the tank, being a cleric and all. We enter the room and our warlock decides to talk to the rat leader. All the rats are startled but not at our throats yet. I'm expecting banter and shit. Nope, the warlock decides to be a morally upstanding gentlemen and ask for their side of the story and what other stupid nonsense

Rat folks don't wanna keep the ore anymore, want to sell it, we need it back at the Rakshasah merchant lord. He breaks a deal with them and even organizes their escape with a contact he has in the area.

We deliver half of the lord's payload, rest the rats kept.

Am I the murderhobo for wanting an actual fight, because the GM wanted a fight too, he planned it to be a fight.

We still got major XP for overcoming the encounter and fulfilling the quest, although we got less XP on the last part. I even leveled up to 4

>Call of Cthulhu
>one player finds a dead byakhee fetus in some blankets in a closet of a house they were investigating and takes grievous sanity damage
>he freaks out and throws it at another player, who also now takes sanity damage
>rest of the party walks in on two screaming retards hurling a dead byakhee baby at each other, also taking sanity damage

>current group of players have all DM'd before.
>they have no trouble locating copies of any system we decide to run.
>out of the 4 of them, 3 take encounter notes...detailed encounter notes.
>break out the monster manuals (or equivalent) and crunch number.
>mfw 75% of my table calls me on when they should have levelled, if I was doing my math correctly.

My players are fun roleplayers, but OOC chatting is nothing but meta-speak about what the last encounter was worth. These guys can't file a tax return, but they have the MM memorized.

>Pathfinder game
>At the end of our session, so things are winding down and our party is at a tavern just shooting the shit while we wrap up. I, the Bard, am the entertainment in between flirting with female patrons.
>Rogue decides to demand the owner sells him the building for way less than it's actually worth for no real reason
>Owner laughs in his face, spits in his drink and tells him that one's on the house
>Being the rational level-headed sort, the Rogue immediately shoots the bartender in the face.
>Barely hanging to life owner gets pissed and attacks, as do some of the tougher patrons.
>Witch hunter comes to his aid, I act disgusted and revolted and storm out dramatically with the rest of the patrons, then sneak back in through the back window to help the party survive.
>I, as the Bard, am mildly annoyed because this place was a regular payday for me, but willing to overlook it if the "new owner" still paid me for future performances.(Lawful Evil)

I can't remember exactly what happened afterwards as it's been over a year, but somehow the tavern ended up catching on fire and we ran off after getting drunk to murder the mayor for no reason.

Our absent party face , who was fluffed as "off negotiating with the mayor" at the time, had quite the surprise next session. As did we when the mayor apparently had 9 levels of Barbarian under his belt. That fight ended with the mayor throwing a coffee table at the Rogue and knocking him out.

The Rogue and Witch Hunter left the party, as the PCs couldn't justify them staying in the party after the stupid shit they pulled, I avoided taking sides in the mayor fight until there was a clear winner, so I was fine legally.

>party fighting a hollow armor
>"you see it in the distance , segmented blackened plates cover the body. it wields a spear as long as 2 men. smoke rises from what looks like a horny helmet"
>player A, the big guy of the party: plate armor , huh? i ditch my spear and use my sledge instead.
>he approaches it and gets initiative
>runs at him
>"the knight brings his spear down to aim the tip at you. he makes a counterattack"
(longer reach gets counterattack-opportunities)
>"i try to tank it"
>he hits PC A
>"i apply my armor's deflection bonus! +20"
>the knight surpassed agility+deflection
>direct hit , what is your resistance? okay , 10 damage , impact. you feel as if your opponent almost achieved a CRITICAL hit. your armor has a little dent now
>he attacks again , pushed the thrust aside with his buckler and lands a one-handed hit with his sledge
>"your enemy is unimpressed , but his pauldron visibly dented"
>"I PULL OUT MY SWORD AND STRIKE AT HIM"
>direct hit , no damage
>"WHAT THE FUCK BUT I ROLLED THIS HIGH"
>you struck a tank with shortsword , what do you expect? (10 damage vs 30 resistance)
>"but it i should have attacked his armor gaps!"
>you cant do it with a slashing attack.
>okay , i step out of his reach and get ready to defend
>he runs back at him and tries to thrust his blade into the gaps
>gets hit in the following counterattack

...and thus , the other 2 members finally loaded their weapons and covered the foe in crossbow bolts...

>so why did you not use your spear back then?
>my sword has better critical damage

This is why I make up my own monsters and shit when playing with other DMs. They can't NOT metagame, even if they don't intend to.

As a DM and general shitlord, I can confirm this.

>less XP for solving a situation through roleplay instead of just jumping into combat

lol

Stop putting up with their bullshit, you're the DM and those enemies are worth exactly as much XP as you say they are. The group I play with just get arbitrary XP and level ups after each session for the group like how pretty much every other system does.

>party is navigating a warzone
>get rushed by a crowd of people
>party is smug, but lets themselves get surrounded
>WHAT THE FUCK HOW DID THEY HIT MY ARMOR CLASS REEEEEEE
nobody died but it was fun watching them cry and moan as they got flanked
if the wizard wasn't fucking retarded nothing would have happened

>rest the rats kept.

The warlock is a beta bitch

Which game?

You know what happens to my PCs when they do stupid shit? They die from their actions.

>Implying picking on him.
He stole 2 gold and then attacked him with no proof.

And the guards were elves. The drow was disguised as a normal elf.

The drow did not even fight. He got stunned and ate two turns of ass beating before the druid used vines to snare his ass.

a shitty homebrew
a medieval campain about reconquering the land after a magical apocalypse.
demons and dragons and undead and shit in NotIsrael

I need to do the same all the time.
Most are new but one if a forever DM that I took over for and he knows all my tricks.

Getting irritating.

You might have changed the wording but I've seen this post before user

I shouldn't laugh. But fuck me sideways did I get a weird look at work.

stuff like this is why I fundamentally don't understand call of cthulhu in rpg form. You're about half a step away from any 'scary' situation becoming totally farcical, I don't know how you can manage to swing back and forth on tone like this.

made me lol

>loud guy is now the leader

Every game I've ever played in, but only because the party keeps making murderhobos, and the sensible character can't overcome the rest of the group's lust for violence.

Why is this the Wizards fault
Story time pls

>You're about half a step away from any 'scary' situation
You know how in movies that feature British people are always talking about "You're mad!" or "That's madness!" and the popularity of fiction about savages, like Tarzan or the exploits of the African explorers...? Victorian culture was like that: civilization is achieved, hard-fought-and-won, but we all know savagery and death is right outside the door, and madness is one failed roll away as soon as you open that closet door.

It's a bad system desu.

>letting the drow steal from other party members, especially in such a petty way
>letting the monk act on OoC knowledge
>having the guards arrest an unarmed man for attempted murder instead of assault
>neutrality means you let people 'borrow' your one-use explosives without even asking why
>dragonborn being kept in a cell that's someone vulnerable to fire but not repeated uses of dragonbreath

I'm sure this totally happened

i personally like to disinvite the person having the most fun, because i'm a dick

>>dehumanizing the enemy for PTSD-free killings
>This is what Fourth Reichers actually believe.
Not to butt in, but this is what ANY military that's worth a damn believes. Find me a military force that does otherwise, and actually has successful operations under their belt. I'll wait.

Is the drow player your girlfriend? Because I am getting that vibe based on the guards coming to the drows rescue when they get comeuppence from another player for their actions, but then failing to do anything to stop the drow from outright killing the dragonborn later. Seems like NPCs in your game only interfere when it would benefit the drow.

"Two guys fighting in a house soemwhere? ONE THE SCENE ASAP. Someone lights our jail on fire? What jail? I never knew we had a jail..."

>Not letting party members do what they want and railroading them.
>Dragonborn knew he was robbed and assumed Drow, he was correct in his assumption but still had no proof.
>Dragonborn monk can kill shit with his hands, his hands are weapons.
>Druid literally does not give a shit, hands them over.
>Dragonborn's cell was a pit in the ground covered by a heavy steel grate guarded by two elves wearing armor and wielding spears.

I bet you are awesome at DMing.
:^)

And they go home and are unable to function as human beings because they were turned into racist sociopaths

>No proof of robbery
>Elf town.
>In the Drows room beating his ass unprovoked.
>Drow is not even fighting.

Tell me how I am favoring the Drow again?

This all happened because the Dragonborn is a retard.

Not the vast majority of them. They're usually just fine. You only hear about the crazy ones because the sane ones aren't worth reporting.

>Elf town
Drow should be shoot on sight then

See

Do they wear something on their shirt that says "Hello! I am a monk!"

>Get into a fight
That's attempted murder!

>Firebomb someone who could not fight or escape who, in your words, was under guard
Nah, they get away fine.

>They know he is a monk. He announced it to everyone. He is that type of person.

>As the guards run in he literally says I WILL KILL YOU

>It's only illigal if you get caught user.

You sound like so much fun.

>village not big enough to be a town has town guard with several employees

Is your setting a video game?

>White-face
That drow was more racist than normal.

Actually scratch that you sound like the same person that died twice in my game last night.

Doing stupid shit and expecting the DM to save your ass.

I don't play favorites I mediate and interpret the rules for my players.

Yes is a good word. Use it.

Use no only when it is a certainty.

It is pretty funny.

The party knows he is a drow but let him be cause he has saved the original members on a few occasions.

Not the same user, but I find that No, but is also useful in the event you want to say yes, but don't want the party to kill each other.

I lay down a small foundation to build off of and give them something bigger to achieve. But you should never expect your well written story to survive contact with your PCs unscathed.

That is why I point them in a direction and if they dont want to fine.
But there will be consequences.

Like not slaying the lich and having an army of skeletons attacking a month later.

Good end, in my books.

And on the party killing each other part.
If they want to kill each other I am fine with it.

As long as I and they are having fun we all win.

Hey, I'm a racist sociopath made by my country's military and I like to think I,m not that bad.

Let me tell you a story friend.
I was running a zombie apocalypse themed campagin, the players started becoming completely psychotic. They robbed a homeless man trying to find his family they tortured him and taunted him. They said they were men of God to be edgy, but they didn't show any respect for the religion they supposedly held. They killed innocents and even burnt a church down because they were offered payment from the villains. They defeated the many npcs I had made for them to befriend, they killed and killed until they "won". As they sat atop their pile of wealth and dozens of loyal warriors, they started looking for enemy's only to find a few scraggly survivor's and a man named Johnny. Soon Johnny and his band of heroes gathered the remaining people and fought a last stand against the PC's. As their apocalypse kingdom stood in ruin they stood off against Johnny. They realized he was that homeless man they robbed so long ago. He found his family dead, they killed themselves a few day before he got to them. Start playing God's gunna cut you down. Tells his speach to them, how someday somebody's gunna rebuild this world, and when they rebuild, there's not gunna be a place in this world for people like them. They shoot him. Johnny's done for, shot in the gut, he lays dying, PC's go and taunt him as they so long ago. As they prepared to kill him he revealed clutched in his fist, a dead man's switch.
The town rebuilds, the players are rembered as cruel masters from long ago, they only remain as boogieman figures parents use to scare their kids. Johnny has a statue near the rebuilt church, the town, Johnstown's Maryland.

I don't even bother with XP. I just say "You guys are level 4 now" after a particularly long and fruitful session.

>I wanna slit each party members throats while they sleep
>What? No
>STOP RAILROADING ME REEEEEEE

Nope. I say go ahead and do it
If he gets caught he dies.

If he does not they all die.

Simple as that. Almost like a real breathing world. Strange I know you dont understand the concept.

Playing Rogue Trader, I'm the RT

>clear a bunch of Rak Gol from a derelict imperial ship.
>there's a bunch of never before seen alien-human hybrid tech on board.
>looting time
>back on the main ship, the senechal starts testing random tech without telling anyone.
>before we can wrestle the controls away, he somehow creates a portal to an alien realm.
>strange gasses come out. No one is wearing void suits.
>RT fails a toughness check. My face is now covered with oozing, pus-filled, sores.
It gets worse.

>Senechal still wants to test tech. RT says not on my ship.
>senechal, along with astropath and arch-militant, take a shuttle to continue testing on the derelict.
Not wanting to be near this stupidity, I only send a servo-scull and watch from the safety of the bridge.

>senechal finds a xenos-gun and shoots a prisoner with it.
>nothing happens.
>arch-militant jokingly tells senechal to try shooting himself in the foot next time.
>senechal actually SHOOTS HIMSELF IN THE FOOT with an untested alien weapon.
>nothing happens.
>he tries shooting the prisoner harder,
>the prisoner explodes into chunks of gore.

>senechal's foot starts swelling and oozing black blood.
>the arch-militant chops the limb off. The foot promptly also explodes into gore as well.
But the stupidity doesn't end here.

>On a shuttle back to the main ship
>senechal is in critical condition
>the astropath starts laughing at the senechal for being such a fucking idiot.
>the senechal shoots the astropath with the alien gun.
>astropath fails to dodge, his leg explodes.
>arch-militant executes the senechal.
>GM allows the senechal to roll to hold down the trigger to his gun as he dies.
>the beam hits the arch-militant.

MFW I'm watching all this from the safety of the bridge.
MFW All three PC's on the shuttle die.
MFW this ends the campaign.

>47571873
Posted this in another thread.
Same group as >47569764 but different game.
>playing D&D Expert Edition
>Rogue, Cleric, Wizard, Rogue2, and Fighter skulking around the hideout of suspected smugglers/forgers
>mess around a bit and maintain "stealth" by bashing heads and hiding bodies.
>come up to narrow room with high ceiling and large double doors at the other end.
>sitting on a chair and propped in the corner (but still close to the doors) is the only guard...he's sleeping...and he's an Ogre.
>Rogue pulls out his crossbow.
>sneaks up to Ogre guard and point blanks him in the chest.
>Ogre stunned. Falls from his chair, groggy, wounded, pissed.
>party charges.
>Ogre rights himself.
>Rogue nopes the fuck out of there and shuts the doors behind him, sealing the party inside.
>Ogre pulls a ring from his pocket. Ogre is now invisible. Starts beating face.
>Rogue2 trying to pick lock of double door. Wizard plinks with his sling cuz out of magic today. Cleric and Fighter fend off Ogre while yelling at Rogue.
>Rogue finally comes back into the room.
>Cleric "bends bars/lifts gates" to pick up the Rogue and swing him like a skinny, screaming flail.
>Finally kill Ogre.
>Rogue near death.
>Cleric carries him over his shoulder as an "improvised weapon" for rest of session.

I hate his phone.

>dickish asshole steals the ascetic monk's entire fortune
>fng player decides to metagame
>druid lets other player use his equipment to fuck over other party members
>dm decides to let this all happen and hang up his game

You cunts sound like a fun lot.

>Cleric using a rogue as a weapon.

I would think that is an improvised weapon at best.

Yeah we have fun.

the drow face of the party attempting to chicken dance while levitating and stealing a ruby the size of himself for no reason other then it was there.

wat?

I was just drawing upon like what a small police department would be, I assumed since they don't have guns they might need like 2-3 people more than average.

>letting some fag ruin other peoples' fun cause lol so randumb
I bet you're a great GM :^)

kekked

Bad DM- one should always try to keep the PCs alive if it's that obvious they will die- gun is out of ammo etc

>not letting PCs make decisions (even bad ones)
>not having consequences for those decisions

You guys should just start a book club instead of subjecting players to whatever railroading trash you're trying to run.

Right. I'm glad he was wearing his 'Hello, I am a Monk' nametag so the guards were aware of that.

>Dragonborn's cell was a pit in the ground covered by a heavy steel grate guarded by two elves wearing armor and wielding spears.

And I'm really glad those guards are so terrible at noticing someone lobbing explosives towards them

So apparently people can just lob grenades into a prisoner's cell and nobody bat an eye?

You can't even bring a toothbrush into most federal prisons yet somehow this bitch was able to smuggle in two explosives without anyone noticing one bit?

>Random unarmed dragonborn

Throw him in jail!

>Drow bitch who lobbed live grenades into a prisoner's cell

Meh, whatever, it's cool.

That and drow are basically hated to most surface dwelling species, especially elves.

So basically, the guy who plays an edge-lord can get away with murdering everyone else's characters but the monk who retaliates to getting his shit stolen gets stuffed in jail for attempted murder?

Are you absolutely fucking mad?

Are you at least getting drow bitch to suck you off between sessions?

Tell me you don't pertain in such faggotry for free.

>Player 1 has a small cat for a pet
>Player 2 killed and skinned a large boar
>The cat likes to curl up on the pelt
>Player 2 takes cat and throw it behind him
>Wasn't paying attention to the map
>Throw cat into the river
>Player 1 and 2 proceed to brutally kill each other and get into a heated argument OOC

Jesus Christ.

lmao, make's perfect sense for people who just met

>not letting PCs make decisions (even bad ones)

Nobody should be able to make a decision that makes the game worse for everyone else.

What's the point of an "emergent world" if the PCs are too focused on killing each other to notice?

Might as well just have them throw down in an arena, at least it'd be more honest than having some edge-lord gank them in their sleep and calling it a good thing.

I put my players near a very intelligent hill giant. He started at 9int (which in giant terms is quite a lot), and got his hands on a +4 headband and put his lvl 4 stat advancement into int (he was a level 4 fighter)

They first met him in the woods, a hill giant in full plate, roasting an bear over a fire. They tried to talk to him. He told them he had a long day marching and had no patience for small folk bothering him, and to leave him be to his business. The party paladin detected evil, and it turns out that the Hill Giant was indeed evil. He wasn't doing anything evil, just making dinner, but he was an evil person. The party discussed not 100 feet from his camp that they should kill him. The giant heard and was like "fuck these humans". After getting his gear back on he charged out of the trees bearing down on one of them. He killed the caster first and took a round to full attack someone else and wound them, and then charged back off into the woods. The players put up a pursuit (stuffing the caster's body into a bag of holding), and got ambushed by the hill giant in a boxed off crevice. The giant TPK'd the party.

In the giant's mind he gave them the opportunity not to put of a pursuit, they did anyway.

My players were fucking pissed. I wanted the giant to be a reoccurring character but they couldn't just leave him alone.

Don't forget that Elves also have Darkvision and Perception bonuses. Even if this Drow was pretty skilled at Disguise and Sneaking, they should have had a really hard time of it.

Also, I somewhat question the prisoner's cell having enough space to fit a grenade through. You wouldn't want someone accidentally stepping on it and their leg falling in, or the prisoner to reach out and yank someone down.

>edgelord steals two coins from Dragondude
>Dragondude meta games and confronts edgelord, leading to a brawl
>guards show up and kick both their teeth in
>throw Dragondude in poorly supervised jail
>edgelord does his first edgelord thing and throws explosives (obtained from another PC, giving no fucks about it) down jail
>Dragondude rolls new character and is now Orcdude
>Orcdude bitchslaps first bandit lord he sees and dies very quickly

Jesus fuck dude did you read the thing? Bunch of shitters being shitters. GM did what a GM is supposed to do and provide narrative context and consequence to the game world.