Commissar, Have you looked at our hats recently? They've got skulls on them. Skulls

Commissar, Have you looked at our hats recently? They've got skulls on them. Skulls.

Are we the baddies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Re you related to a soldier called Zathras?

There are no sThat question sounds like heresy to me Guardsman. Who put such an idea in your head?

But why skulls?

All the skulls the Imperium throws on everything symbolize that humanity, even in it's barest form, is beautiful. So no, guardsman, we are just fabulous.

Why not?

God Emperor puts sculls in our heads so there would be no place for ideas. But it seems your head is just too big.

Because it's intimidating, and makes our meen feel cool.
You don't win all-out, extinction level conflicts by being nice.

Maybe they are the skulls of our enemies?

Here is the video in question: youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU

Maybe but is that how it comes across? It doesn't say next to the skull. Yeah will killed him but truest us he was really horrid.

Because these are HUMAN skulls. That is, symbols of HUMANITY.

I mean, what do skulls make you think of? Death... cannibals... beheading... pirates...

Hitler had hats with skulls on them. Was he a bad guy? Of course not. You have your answer.

I didn't say we weren't hitler, but hitler or not nazi's are still the baddies.

So that we remember all who have died for humanity. For us. And fight so that the living don't have to become symbols for our uniform. Now get a move on, Guardsman. We've got a planet to save.

I mean, I really can't think of anything worse, as a symbol, than a skull!

Nice quote

A rats anus?

Imagine a Peep Show series set in 40k now...

Marcus the bored lowly administratum scribe looking after his slightly radical bum of a "friend" he's known since his days in the scholo schola progenium. Super Hans, the Obscura loving heretic that pops in every now and then, trying to convert Jez to join a Slannesh cult, but ultimately failing because of Marcus' puritan stance on such things.

"While we're at it, there are systems for a reason in this galaxy: economic stability, interest rates, growth. It's not all a conspiracy to keep you in little boxes, alright? It's only the miracle of the God-Emporer that means you're not lying in your own shit, dying in a bloody orgy with no limbs, and a little pill with a grox on it is not going to change that. Now come on, fuck off."

there's already one.

If a skull makes you think of things like these, there is something wrong with you, not with the skull. Except death, there is nothing wong with death.

Skulls are (reasonably) a-gender, a-race and a-creed.
The defining aspect is the humanity of the remnants of us past death. If we are not equal in life as the Emperor would have wanted, for sure we are equal in death.

So long as it is a virtuous death in His name.

The Emperor has no love for the treacherous.

>a-gender, a-race

reasonably you dipshit

>but muh weasel word
fuck off

I never saw the connection between chaos and rats anus untill now.

come on now lads, no need to squabble whilst anonymous. One of you could just not respond and nothing would happen.

reeeee

Yes, but then I wouldn't be able to justify my rage, and I like my rage.

Pretty fucking inspiring.

Zathras slip sad. Abhuman , so get purged. Also speak about bad conditions, so get purged again. Very sad fate. Zathras does not mind, though. Zathras serves God-Emperor, yes.

Zathras needs to call Zathras to remind Zathras that dinner is called off on Saturday.

That would be incredible.

'Look guys, you've had your fun with the exterminatus. There's going to be no more exterminatus today.'

you keep posting this thread, we keep giving you the same answers

it would be stranger for a society like the imperium not to use skulls and bones in all of their iconography

Am I a "baddy"?

You see, Guardsman, the Adeptus Biologicus long ago uncovered information reaching back all the way to the time when the Emperor walked among us that the human mind can recognize a human skull instinctively. It is a sign of death, to be sure. So we put the skull on everything to remind us that we will all die in the Emperor's service. Some of us on the battlefield, others in their beds, but always in the Emperor's service. We show at once our knowledge of death and our contempt for it, for He has delivered us.

in seriousness the skulls represent the sacrifice and immortality of the God Emperor even in death

well that makes sense

Have you been listening to Tau propaganda again? Of course they're going to call us the baddies.

>wheels are like assholes

This seems like a weak subversion of /d/'s usual Everything Is Dicks trollery. Could anus be the latest 'effort' from the Veeky Forums wags who gave us such schoolyard classics as "failbaddon" and "lolnoarms?"

Talk about limitless potential ...

Are you dense, or are you just deliberately overlooking the obvious reference just for the sake of being a whiny little bitch?

He's quoting from the same sketch as OP, you insufferably pompous ass.

He's quoting Mitchell and Webb, you dense motherfucker

You're in the Guard, not a fucking kindergarten. What do you want, a fucking flower or some shit?

Excuse me, but I think he meant us.

>Insane laughter at every fucking sentence
Jesus fucking christ. I hate this shit, they had laughter even when nothing remotely funny was said.

Not their fault - it was a BBC comedy program, so obviously that means it had to have a laugh track so that the idiotic public knew when to join in.

And yet the constant canned laughter ruins the whole skit for me.

Related question: why eagles?

In Russia, the double headed eagle represented the church and state as two separate groups, but for us the God Emperor is the head of both church and state, so the double headed eagle is symbolically pointless.

Well, unless it means something else. Now before you shoot me, I do like it. I just want to know what it means.

I thought it was only Americans that used laugh tracks? Then again, even in the US they're falling out of favor.

>and of African American descent

Wow, they can figure out the skull's nationality as well as its ethnicity? Pretty impressive.

>but for us the God Emperor is the head of both church and state, so the double headed eagle is symbolically pointless.

It shows that he's both.

And in general, eagles are imperial. Or if you ask the viking, a carrion eater with much the same associations as vultures. Which kinda fits the undying corpse on the golden throne.

Imperium and Mechanicus

underrated post

But aside from that, That Mitchell and Webb Looks show is pretty good in my opinion.

I know, user. I do know.

I just can't get the fog to clear

Hitlers Eugenics and as well as the field as a whole is remarkable. Much was learned from the Camps experiments concerning the human body, let alone the myriad number of ways you can identify it.

+COMMISSAR, I SHALL HANDLE THIS DISCUSSION+

IMPERIAL GUARDSMAN OF THE EMPEROR'S INFINITE GRACE, DO YOU KNOW WHO FIRED THE FIRST SHOT?

Xenos did. Every record I have ever read on the history of our species has pointed to us once coexisting with Xenos, as horrible as it sounds, we lived in peace with them and controlled a great empire with numerous alien races. Our civilization was good, we lived together without strife. But then humanity stumbled. The fell gods of Chaos conspired against us and led to humanity tripping and falling into darkness. Our former allied Xenos jumped on this opportunity, ripping us apart like vultures tearing into a corpse. Our allies did not aid us, but forsook us in favor of furthering their own cvilizations, and feasted upon ours.

Humanity was plunged into the Age of Strife, Old Night, an era we barely survived thanks to the grace of the Emperor, whom you call God.

You know what we did under his rule, after he unveiled himself on Terra? He launched a Crusade. The Greatest Crusade that mankind would ever know, a mission of war that would start with a single world and spread to retake millions of those that Xenos had stolen from us. We found the Xenos of our old Empire on this mission. Traitors, all of them, they had ENSLAVED us or hunted remnants of humanity to extinction. They had fired the first shot, they had stabbed us in the back and left us vulnerable, had left us to die.

So we made a choice little Guardsman. That we would never trust an alien ever again. That we would never expose ourselves as we had before and open ourselves to another chance of extinction. Suffer not the Xenos little Guardsman, for no matter how friendly he may appear, he ultimately does not care about your well-being, but his own.

+UNTO THE ANVILS OF WAR+

"Black" is offensive to people. So they use "African American", even when the person isn't American.

Skulls symbolize Imperium true allegiance to C'tan Nightbringer and his prerebelion Necrons.

I was going to say that nobody could have any problem with just "of African descent" but then...
>aren't we all, like, of African descent?

I dont even like 40k, but now I want to kill some xeno skum. Sign me up and hand me a flashlight

negroid would work, I think

Now we know. Now we know!

Blood Angel Pyker and PDF bandit TV series when?

This thread makes me want to sign up with the guard

THE EMPEROR PROTECTS

Stop whining and have a new hat.

What's wrong with skulls?