This thread belongs to Horny Rat, everyone posting in it is a skaven

This thread belongs to Horny Rat, everyone posting in it is a skaven.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/6npbwacs3vuhzow/The Loathsome Ratmen.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Allahu Ratbar!

>Horny Rat
>Horny

So, HR is trying to take over Slaanesh's domain?

Yes, he's first.

Did I hear skaven?

I'Z LOOTING DIS THREAD FER GORK AND MORK!

This is a thing to consider: is Veeky Forums more like Skavenblight or Naggarond?

>mousetrap
>for rats on steroids
this is bait

So what's the whole deal with the AoS bit about the Horned Rat sitting on Slaneeshs chair? I'm not up to date on the lore, but I do love how they blew up the moon.

The deal is pretty much as you said. Slaanesh has fucked off somewhere (possibly literally) and is missing, so the Horned Rat is now the 4th god of chaos along with Khorne, Tzeentch and Nurgle.

What other gods think about him? Is he equally powerful?

Don't know what the other gods think about him. As for the power - he's more powerful than he was, but not quite on their level.

What does that make him the god of?

Nurgle has disease, Tzeentch has change, Khorne has rage, and Slaneesh was excess.
I don't see the Horned Rat picking up Slaneeshs stuff, so how's it work? Plus, human worshippers?

Horned rat is totally stylin' on Nurgle, he's completely redundant in the pantheon.

Well that's disappointing.

Here I was hoping for something more like the old stuff about how he had a little of each. The cannibalistic death rage for Khorne, all on the unclean filth and diseases for Nurgle, the rampant and uncaring innovation for Tzeentch and the drive to always have more more more from Slaneesh.

I think this change could have been thought out better.

>this change could have been thought out better.

This pretty much sums AoS as a whole.

>Doomwheels will never be accurately portrayed in vidya
Why live?

I'm cautiously optimistic for skaven in AoS. You can make clan-exclusive armies now, can't you? :3 And the loose formation units feels like a better look for skavens.

This is obviously both the better written option and more in theme with basically all previous fluff.
>headcanon4lyfe
GWfags BTFO

What's going on here?

all tunnels lead to skavenblight
you don't even need the other boards anymore

JEEZUS, that artist is BRILLIANT!

did someone say lizardman?

Except for the fact that the scaven looks like it's biting it's own arm.

are you fucking kidding me?
look at the detail on that drawing!!

I may be deaf but I too am pretty sure I heard "lizardmen"

You damn right, smith is the myth

whats his name?

Adrian Smith

>everyone posting in it is a skaven.
>femanon
well, shit.

>femskavens
>biological litter machines
There's always a couple of exceptions to the rule, the token "so badass they defy the traditional hegemony" characters, so don't lose hope just yet!

That's certainly a tight ass and some champion-sized testicles...

Skaven are hands down my favorite army in WHFB.

Too bad I didn't get to play them because I was broke when the game was around still. Guess I could get into KoW and play their Ratmen.

One day I will have a Skaven game of WHF RPG. Yes yes, the man-things will die. Soon-soon.

Severely underbuttered toast. Holy fuck.

>This thread belongs to Horny Rat, everyone posting in it is boned

THISSS THREAD WILL BE CLEANSSSED IN THE NAME OF SSSOTEK

Remove furries

I can't fucking wait for the Pestilens army promo figs to get round bases >:(

Lizardmen are the best.

>venerate the great flying serpent as avatar of the god
>find great serpent, but it doesn't fly
>strap magitech on it until it does

but I feel bad posting in a skaven threat without contributing to the topic

Didnt he eat Slaanesh or something?

>that one time we had an idea for WH universe where orks, vampire counts and skaven were the GOOD guys

>like clean, nice, happy good guys

>This thread belongs to Horny Rat
You don't say...

Muslim Skaven are now my headcannon

For Sigmar and Empire, you heretical sons of bitches.

etc.
FUCK YEAR!

Now I'd like to see a pestilens grey seer model/conversion

I've always wondered if skaven became skaven the same way beastmen became beastmen

oh

From what I remember of 20yo fluff, I think so. Although iirc skaven have existed for much longer and thus are more "evolved" and genetically stable.

>that were facing extinction
>who worshipped the sun
>their signature spell, the Dreaded 12th Spell, merely revealed disguised Skaven rather than polymorphism enemies into them
>had a general who made active use of this spell to turn enemy cavalry into Doomwheels, named Urskiir Screed
>who were essentially Burmecians

I still have the Google Doc. I'll link if anyone's still interested.

>warmbloods

You remember wrong: Beastmen were born as a result of the great catastrophe, and are mostly mutated humans; the legend of the birth of skaven sees humans already having a developed civilization and suggests the ratmen were overgrown rats.

Also skaven have a patron deity that may have put in motion their creation, despite both beastmen and skaven falling under being mutant creatures of chaos, the reason and the way of birth were different.

>wannabe Slann

God I hate that skink model

>hating on merit-based promotion

But he's cute

What's you favourite clan?
For me it's either Skryre or Rictus depending on the mood. Both have that nice saturday cartoon villain vibe to them.

please do.

daily reminder that WotC will never do an extension as accurate as Kamigawa lore-wise.

d'aww, it's a tiny slann baby!

I'm probably wrong on this, but as far as I'm aware the Horned Rat may have taken up Slaanesh's seat after he/she/it got stomped on by the new Elf gods, all of his/her/it's worship goes to Archaon.. for some reason.

Silly user, robots don't think - they calculate.

And by this I mean
>Horned Rat took Slaanesh's spot as one of the big 4 Chaos Gods
>All the Slaanesh worship/love/lust/etc... goes to Archaos

Clan Skyre is my favourite. A swarm of rats cackling with glee as they spray bullets and lasers everywhere with the occasional wet splat of a gun gone wrong while le ratty merchants rub their paws in the background is amazing.

>being this naive
TOp kek

Someone gonna get commet'd

A female Grey Seer appeared in one of the official WHFRP supplements, which implies that the giant, basically feral baby-machines that are the only ones mentioned in modern fluff may not be an entirely natural creation.

1. >RPG >Canon (Again >WH >Canonslol)
2. It's always explained the bloated broodmothers ARE not natural, although semi-natural female skaven are much bigger than the average male skaven

You called?

Clan Mors. Just pure rat tide.

Sadly user, they don't.
>Only 10% of skaven whelps are female
>99.9% of female skaven are breeders
>Only 20% of skaven live to adulthood

So yeah, odds are very small of a) female non-breeders existing and b) actually surviving. One book says that non-standard females are culled by the eunuch keepers, but I can't think which one it is off the top of my head (skavenfag, I have a shitload of them)

I keep pet rats user. You have any idea how big the balls are on bucks?

Pic related. That isn't a furry cushion he's sitting on.

Weren't the bloated baby machines an invention of some Skaven fan forum to begin with, anyway?

Are you the stupid waifufag?
The answer to this question will also answer your question.

I think more the designers of GW wrote themselves into a corner.

>Highly numerous race
>High morality rate
>No female models
>How to explain????

There was no mention of skaven breeders in the first books though. I know this because as a kid I wrote shitty fanfic about the original of my donut steel clan, which involved the warlord being killed, his mate exiled, and his son coming back to take control of the clan

What are the best Skaven books? I want to start reading some but I have no idea where to start.

The Loathesome Ratmen And All Their Vile Kin, hands down. It's written as a treatise by some Empire dude who's trying to convince people the skaven exist, and has gathered the evidence to prove it. It has about their biology, the clans, how they've interacted with other races, and various accounts of encounters with the skaven.

There's lots of nods to other lore in it, and some pretty funny jokes (the author notes how the theory that skaven are a combination of the forms of Rat and Man are a bit too close to the theory put forward by the heretical Karls Darhain). There's also stuff that you really wish got developed further (the author theorises that if they synthesise the musk of fear they could rout entire armies instantly). Plus the artwork is fantastic.

Far and away the best skaven book, and I honestly think it's one of the best fluff books too. Try and get it if you can.

It's this guy's fanfiction.

Stupid man-thing! Trying to read book-books! Me kill you now!

>cheapest I can find to buy is £35
>can't find it in the WHFB General pastebins
>only download I can find that includes it looks super dodgy

Damn it.

I could only find this.
>mediafire.com/download/6npbwacs3vuhzow/The Loathsome Ratmen.pdf

It looks good, thanks mate.