Tundra civ ep.61 - A new war has begun

Welcome everyone, new and old players alike! This is Tundra civ, a civ thread series in a fictional, non-fantasy setting where you play as the rulers of the White Republic, a nation in a world similar to our own.
Check out the pastebin for story, technologies, stats etc (updating it right now)
pastebin.com/t7gWa2pa
And an archive of previous threads if you want to skim through some of them.
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/boards/pol.tg/subject/Civ/username/Civ bulgar/page/1/
Previously on Tundra civ:
The Spirelords - the four remaining leaders of the Organisation - have begun to unleash the machines of war their ancient, yet advanced technology has built. In the Summer of 1194 After the Exile they opened the Vault under Vajni and unleashed a massive, flying dreadnaught - what we called "The Doomship". It took our entire airforce's power to eventually bring it down. We began preparing for war and now it seems that war is upon us - it is now early 1196. The Spirelords completed the construction of their Global Underground Tunnel Network. They assaulted and took over three of the remaining six Vaults, gaining whatever technologies are locked within. Now the Enemy has unleashed metal monstrosities from the Deep, attacking key points across our nation, in particular the three remaining Vault locations.

Stats as of the beginning of the crisis
>Population:187 000 000 (79% white, 14 % chink,2%hibibi, 3% darkskin,2% pacharnati)
>Colonials: 28 800 000 Eyerdar 16 200 000 Veita 16 200 000 Ocras
>Economy:7//10
>Food stockpiles:7/10
>Food production: 7/10
>Political Stability:7/10
>A.Exploration
>B.Food production & Population growth
>C.Improve religion/culture
>D.Settle new lands
>E.Construction
>F.Improve Military
>G.Research science
>H.Improve Navy
>I.Improve economy
>J.Regional development
>K.Diplomacy and war
>L.Government and laws

Lt.General Malhus was leader of Operation Whack-a-Mole, which breached a part of the tunnel west of Pirusat - that was our first encounter with the automatons, the new soldiers the enemey has unleashed upon us. Malhus proved himself to be highly capable and not only held the line, but pushed the enemy back and destroyed the tunnel exit, after which he wiped out the enemy force of around 3000 armored soldiers and light automatons and around 60 heavier vehicles - tanks and walkers of various size and firepower.
That tunnel's been sealed and the enemy in this area has been destroyed, but the Spirelords have opened up many surface exits across all continents and machines and armored soldiers are pouring out - it is a state of Class 1 emergency, all armed forces are on battlestations.

Seven Vaults are known to us - four have already been looted by the Spirelords - Vajni, Kayans, Ahmanud and the Eye of Sand. The three they are now aiming for are located in cities we directly control, all in Aymsland - Mikson, Babaduand and Victory. Metal armies are being unleashed across the globe, however - they are targeting key infrastructure points and sources of strategic resources - petroleum, uranium, titanium, aluminum, iron and coal - they are targeting less-defended mining settlements and smaller industrial cities -the goal is likely to cripple our manufacturing capabilities as quickly as possible.
The crisis is still in its first hours, but Centerhold's High Command must make quick decisions on how to deal with it.
Our armed forces are dispersed across the nation and each army is ordered to be dealing with the closest enemies at present

The Valley of the Heart in Veita is being heavily targeted - the interior of this continent is rich in some of those key strategic resources that the newest generations of military machines use.

A similar situation can be found in Ocras - the smallest of the four continents has the weakest military presence, even relative to its size and population - its vast mineral wealth and the lack of competition allowed colonists from our nation to turn Ocras into the richest of the 8 Areas in our republic.

>F.Improve Military

Our only hope is to match them on the battlefield as they can out manoeuvre us. Luckily we hold a numbers advantage.

>K.Diplomacy and war
Let's hit them hard
I'm back, and I was just catching the last two thread I missed. People thought the bad rolls were from me kek.

J. Set up military bases in the three remaining cities that have vaults and are in our control. Have 2 Maargard divisions placed in each city and begin construction projects involving bunkers and strongpoints in the city.

Nah, we felt from your absence you had merged with one of the other anons.

As to your vote, we are in open conflict we don't need to state an effort to assault them. Not to mention we are mostly on the defensive.

I'm going to change my vote F so as to avoid any deadlock.

Thank you user, your vote shan't be wasted.

Okay then I change my vote to F Well it's nice that anons felt my absence

K

You two just sent us back into deadlock as changed his vote

Not really made us go deadlock since I've change my K vote to F
So counting it it's 3 F with me, Galenus, and user to 1 k

All right, we've got some players, so let's have a mixed result with decision.
It's been several hours since the first fights have broken out. The enemies are consolidating their numbers. Several smaller settlements have already fallen. Their numbers are growing and each of their foot soldiers is worth several of ours, while their heavier vehicles are also deploying kinetic barriers. The good thing is that so far we don't have any reports of enemy naval or aerial forces, but they have strong AA capabilities.
The standing army knows its job, but what policy will the government take right now?
1.Military
A.Focus on the defensive
B.Let the generals decide what's most appropriate
C.Counter-attack!
2.Economic
A.Declare a state of total war, mobilize reserves and maximize military production
B.A state of war, raise the militia's readiness, deploy the best of them to the frontlines and increase military production
C.The army will handle this - this can't be called a war, it's a large-scale terrorist insurgency - this will be over soon enough

A.
B.

1.Military
B.Let the generals decide what's most appropriate

2.Economic
A.Declare a state of total war, mobilize reserves and maximize military production

I know this reaction may seem extreme to the people but if we need to we can point out that we know they are related to the doom-ship. That should motivate the people.

>A.Focus on the defensive

1.B.Let the generals decide what's most appropriate
2.A.Declare a state of total war, mobilize reserves and maximize military production

We need to declare total war, we fighting the nose. We can't do the same mistake Hitler and declare total war by the end of the war.

>B.Let the generals decide what's most appropriate

A state of total war has been declared - all available resources will be mobilized to support this war effort. Airplanes, tanks and anti-armor weaponry in particular will be prioritised - small caliber weapons are completely useless against these enemies.
Operational freedom has been given to each Regional HQ. The militia will be mobilized - it's total war now.
Give me 3 1d100 rolls now - 1 for our war preparations, 1 for our generals and 1 for the enemy's performance(high would be good for them).

Rolled 74 (1d100)

roll

Rolled 44 (1d100)

Rolled 49 (1d100)

Inky i'm leaving everything up to you tonight i wont be here

The factories have begun their production and the militias are mobilizing and being prepared for war.
Fighting so far has been mostly smaller skirmishes, but it seems the enemy has maneuvered a large force to attack the major city of Mikson in Aymsland - it is home to one of our Vaults and is the largest city in Aymsland's Southwest. The army base outside Mikson was destroyed in a night attack and now the remaining troops and militia are defending the city in the hours before the sunrise - our enemies aren't troubled by low visibility at all.
The garrison is ordered to hold their positions and prevent the enemy from gaining access to the Vault at all costs. The Battle for Mikson has begun!
We've got 15 000 professionals, 40 000 militia, some fortifications and light artillery support as well as 50 tanks. Enemy estimates are at around 20 000 armoured infantry, 500 light combat vehicles and 100 heavy combat vehicles.
Let the battle begin!
2 rolls for each side

Rolled 4 (1d100)

My time to shine
I'll make you proud

Rolled 87 (1d100)

Rolled 15 (1d100)

Rolled 88 (1d100)

Guess my luck is here to stay

Well at least it wasn't a complete catastrophe. Good thing I rolled as soon as I saw Inky's.

There it is, that trademark Inky 4
91vs103
The enemy is pushing through our outer defence lines. Most of our forces are now concentrated in the inner parts of the city, a large hill rising above the plains - it was once home to the palaces and grand temples of the Kafi Empire and the local Spire. Underneath is the entrance to the Vault, the enemy's ultimate target.
The first light of dawn is shining from the east - air support is inbound as well as a Blitzkrieger armored regiment. We need to hold the line!
42 000+30 tanks vs 17 000+500 vehicles
Again, 2 rolls for us and 2 for them

GOD DAMN IT INKY!

Rolled 5 (1d100)

Hope

Rolled 1 (1d100)

Rolled 57 (1d100)

FUCK

Inky, there is only one roll per person.

Rolled 32 (1d100)

Rolled 83 (1d100)

Well lads It's been a fun ride, but now my curse had spread not just to me.
I did only one roll. Someone is just worst then me.

We can still win this, I mean they already had four vaults so really we have only increased their potential by 25% assuming the vaults were all the same.

wew lad
6vs89
The enemy's larger walkers were almost impervious to our attacks. They blasted through the defence lines, the sheer terror of this unknown foe led to many militiamen fleeing. The battle is lost - the enemy has looted the contents of the Mikson Vault and occupied the city. By the time reinforcements arrived, they were the only ones left to oppose the automatons - suffering heavy losses, the 3rd Blitzkrieger armoured division was forced to retreat.
All contact with Mikson has been lost. Parts of the forces we had have managed to escape and regroup with others, but overall losses have been heavy - over 60 000 men, 200 tanks and 100, including the casualties from the raid on the large army base.
Day 3 of the War - no major losses so far other than Mikson in Aymsland, but over a third of the industrial towns in the arid lands of Ocras have fallen, heavy fighting in Valley of the Heart in Veita
Next course of action?

Yeah, I know. We still have many battles to fight still, and good thing we are in total war production because we're going to need it.
Take care of the enemy in Valley of the Heart, while the other places set up major defenses.

Begin systematically sealing off all of their exits from the rail system by gathering as many of our forces together as we can.

For our militia, we must establish containment on all of their breaches and begin setting up defences.

We outnumber them but we don't out-quality them. This war is the opposite of everyone we have fought before.

An additional point, how are we coming on nukes? As we may need them for my backup strategy of blasting the vaults open triggering their fail-safes.

Arrest and execute the commanders responsible for the fall of Mikson.

Rally are forces in Veita while we prepare for a counterattack in the valley of the heart.

Deploy Maargard and erect defenses in area of Ocras that we still control.

Rush to open all the other vaults, we need that technology, And I suggest we go on the defensive.
Also
>Pic Related
Luck has come back to haunt us.

We lack the capabilities to open the vaults as we don't have access to the key for them, which is in the hands of the organisations members.

Have we managed to retrieve any of the technology from the battle field?

Then we shall go on the defensive and hold the vaults.

We tried but Inky was I charge of rolling for us.

I did a good job too ;-)

Across most fronts we are assuming defensive positions, while in Veita we are preparing a major counter-offensive. The forces we had in the Valley of the Heart have largely been wiped out, the last survivors are defending Heartvale.
General Yargis is in command of the assembled 10th and 12th armies outside of New Mikson, the capital of Veita. He has 160 000 fighting men, with 230 tanks and 300 combat aircraft. His orders are to push the enemy out of the Valley and secure our vital strategic resources and industrial centers.
Lighter resistance on the way was encountered and crushed - the troops are now leaving the desert and entering the warzone.
Having established radio contact with the surviving garrison, enemy numbers are estimated at around 33 000 armored infantry and 1000 vehicles.

Give me 2v2 rolls and maybe some music

Rolled 30 (1d100)

I'm on my phone so im slower

Rolled 32 (1d100)

Rolled 27 (1d100)

Rolled 16 (1d100)

here goes nothing.

NOTHING BUT SHIT ROLLS YET WE STILL WON

62vs43
We've broken through the siege of Heartvale and regrouped with the garrison, bolstering our numbers. Our spirits are raised - now we go on the attack!
170 000i+220t+290ca vs 32 000ai+950v
Roll again, 2v2

Rolled 66 (1d100)

Time to bring out my weighted dice.
I hope the dice gods don't find out

Rolled 16 (1d100)

We shall win
The weighted dice worked.

Rolled 55 (1d100)

Rolled 86 (1d100)

Rolled 59 (1d100)

Guess they find out, and punish us a bad follow up rolls.

Inky, you were right and that pisses me off.

Rolled 7 (1d100)

What a shitty party, i'm having right now sorry guy for not being with you, sad thing is im not the only one having a bad time, here have a roll anyway

Obelix it is seemingly a good thing you aren't rolling

82vs141
This delay is due to me looking for suitable images
Bad news - the enemy has air capabilities now!
Though few in numbers, the fighters they are employing are fast, durable and maneuvarable - they are dealing heavy losses to our own fighters and bombers, we've lost our air superiority, while combat on the ground is continuing with high casualties.
roll 2v2 again to decide the outcome of this operation

Rolled 13 (1d100)

Dice gods hear your human servant send to this realm. Hear my plea and free us from this cruse, they know not what they do. It was all my fault. I used my power not for good but for evil. Free us!

Rolled 92 (1d100)

We must win this.

stop rolling please

Rolled 19 (1d100)

I call on the dice gods, as a detail-writer, bring me good rolls or bring me luck

Rolled 96 (1d100)

Well the dice gods answered your plea, not in your roll though.

>e] [

can we reroll please

God dammit

Take your damn blows, roll with it and accept the future. Also it really isn't that bad.

can we reroll this please

Rolled 18 (1d100)

105 vs 115
Though our men fought valiantly, the enemy tides were ever increasing. Having lost our air superiority, our supply lines came under attack soon afterwards. Knowing no fatigue and no fear, the enemy is capable of fighting without stop. The prolonged engagement exhausted our capabilities as our armored support dwindled - eventually a withdraw was authorized. Taking as many civilians with him, General Yargis organized a retreat properly.
Losses are estimated at 40 000 men,250 aircraft and 180 tanks. The enemy is targeting our anti-armor capabilities, it seems.
The Valley of the Heart has been lost - we've taken what we could with us as we've retreated.
Now rolling for the general war effort during the operation - it lasted two weeks and there was plenty of fighting elsewhere to be done.
1 - War industry and preparations
2 - Our war performance
3 - The enemy's performance

Rolled 84, 1, 87 = 172 (3d100)

Welp, I was supposed to roll for that.

Rolled 42, 54, 86 = 182 (3d100)

I don't get this. Oldfag rolled twice. I understand that I was late but my roll should count over his second.

>Our war performance
>1

>The Enemy's performance
>87

GG

op dont care about that

We need to get our hands on that tech.
I propose the formation of a task force to acquire the technology necessary to defeat these armies.

I've had enough of this shit evening im coming back home guys, dont fuck everything up people

God dammit all. Our fucking army is shit.

Okay time for backup plans A, B, C and D in order of extremeness.

A - We blow the vaults, destroy their contents and establish our defensive lines again where ever best.

B - We preform the above and begin WW1 level mass charges with militia with dumb-fire anti-tank missiles and such.

C - We send a token force into an area, attract their forces there and then bomb the fuck out of it with every gun, bomb or plane we can muster.

D - We nuke any of their exits to the surface we can and preform the above plans elsewhere

I was already writing the post :/
Since I fucked up with this one, I'll take the average of these 2

This war isn't going too well. We're losing ground on every front - the entire arid region of Ocras has fallen. Lots of casualties across Eyerdar and Aymsland - at this point we've lost most of our armor and around half our airforces, but with full war production we're making up for part of that at least. We've got plenty of manpower to spare, but the enemy is now disputing our aerial superiority as well.
The Kaichou and Sunset Alliance are currently occupied with fighting off the aggressors on their own fronts, but the worst news is from the NPU - lacking an army, its meager defence forces have been completely rolled over, most of the NPU's cities have been occupied, the government is holed up with the last resistance they have in Marzhibur.
A month has passed since this war began. What shall we do now?

C D it up lure and nuke

Keep pushing, and blow up the vaults if possible.

FIGHT OR DEATH

we need to get that tech for ourselves organize an effort to retrieve some from the battlefields

First off, evacuate anywhere that might get cut off or can be used to reduce the length of the line of battle.

Detonate the vaults and gather our most elite armed forces together. We will use them to preform an attack on the nearest entrance and then prepare to do it to the next, then the next and so on.

Mass produce large caliber machine guns and autocannons and put them on trucks. Should be a cost effective solution to enemy air power and androids with power armor and stuff.

switching Well then don't detonate the vault.
We must nuke the tunnels, B and D destroy all they means of travel and locate where they are coming from.
Also back at home now, that party was shit the music sucked and most of the folk there were assholes.
Why didn't i come here to help you guys fight, would have been a much better use of my time.

We'll keep on fighting and we'll attempt to reverse-engineer the enemy's technology, but there is one major decision that must be made.
We have the ability to destroy the two remaining vaults - one under Babaduad, the other under Victory. Doing so would mean we will never have access to the technology hidden within, but the same will be true for the Spirelords.
The Kaichou God-Emperor has sent us a message - he asks us not to destroy the Vaults.
A.Blow them up
B.Heed the Emperor's words