What are some worlds with quality lore and story like the Witcher's...

What are some worlds with quality lore and story like the Witcher's? Now that I completed the games and read all the books, I feel empty and need something else that's as compelling.

Game of thrones

The setting of Age of Sigmar

>trollface.jpg

What specifically do you like about the lore? What qualities do you find appealing? That would help us make better recommendations.

Not OP, but I love the idea of being a wandering monster hunter who travels from village to village. The though of being a woodsman who knows how to track monsters down, kill them through the use of knowledge and planning, and lift dangerous curses is really cool.

And on top of that, the potions, oils, and bombs they prepare are a really nice touch, too. Combine that with simple magic and swordsmanship, you get the best adventuring class/archetype ever.

He said compelling. GRRM can't lick Andrzej Sapkowski's shit.

Try to find some historical fiction, one reason Witcher is good is because Andre is a massive history nerd and loves the shit out of his medieval europe.

Malazan Book of the Fallen.

3.3 million words should tide you over for a few weeks.

One reason the Witcher is good as it is a localized version of Elric of Melniboné.

Instead of Order vs Chaos, you have North Vs South. You still remain neutural or balanced though.

Instead of a sentient sword you have one for humans and one for beasts

You have a lone, white-haired albino with odd eyes.

You have a protagonist who's main weapon is a sword but suppliments it with minor magics, potions, concoctions and brews.

You have him somewhat tragic in life with few friends and a world that despises him as a relic of a bygone age.

You have an author who used to work as a translator for Western fiction right before Communism fell.

That does not mean the Saxon, Celtic, Germanic, Slavic and Rus mythology isn't a beautiful thing to explore for the first time.

Don't you dare compare something as good as Witcher to the shittiest of shit tier fantasy.

You are really stretching for a lot of those anyway.

I agree, and what I find most compelling from an RPG perspective is how it's still a (relatively) grimy, dirty profession rather than a get-rich-quick scheme.

The main character is literally lifted from one and placed in another. If he did not copy he was entirely inspired by Moorcocks character in the same with that Tolkien did a lot of Western writers.

The guy could of admitted to it and said yes, I see Moorcock as a source of inspiration but instead he refused to speak of anything. Even after Moorcock served him with papers about infrigement of copyright, but the Polish government stepped in because he was one of the few authors that sold well, if not the only one in regards to popular fiction.

>Instead of a sentient sword you have one for humans and one for beasts

That seems a bit of a stretch.

It's a stretch because that dude is retarded lol.

Moorcock is a fag who sucks Alan Moore's cock and missed the point of LotR because he doesn't like scones.

>even after Moorcock served him with papers about infrigement of copyright,
Source it.

The main forcus is a special sword, The Silver sword in Geralts case and Stormbringer in Elrics case.

Both characters named The Whtie Wolf.

Both characers have a love interest who is a powerful sorceress and alchemist.

Both end up in the middle of political turmoil and balancing the world by their actions.

Face it Geralt is just another aspect of the Eternal Champion.
Trying to find the source. And hardly, their mediums are different, their overarching themes are quite different. The only thing similar are their look.

Sapkowski translated science fiction for the Polish audience.

You didn't read Witcher at all did you?

>Can't source a public court document.
Because it's bullshit? lol

I hear Moorcock is wheezing on about needing his dick sucked, get to it boy.

>Don't you dare compare something as good as Witcher to the shittiest of shit tier fantasy.
Witcher is the shittiest of shit-tier fantasy. How anyone can type "quality lore and story like Witcher's" with a straight face is a mystery to me.

You're one of those people that sperg at flgs about space Marines having mark 2 shoulder plates and mark 5 helmets aren't you?

>You don't like my favorite edgy self-insert wanky version of European folklore!
>That means "x autistic thing" about you!
Really solid comeback, user.

Exalted has a absolutely amazing setting. Just the few bits we have in 3e so far leave me excited for all the future setting books. Theyll hopefully do a better job of keeping away from some of the pitfalls of 2e

Get into Elder Scrolls Lore.

If you want VAST AMOUNTS OF LORE that you can get involved in for very long periods of time, you could try Glorantha. It's very Bronze Age rather than Late Medieval, but it's got a lot of material and a lot of interesting stuff.

This is actually a good suggestion. TES lore is nuttier than squirrel shit.

this
regardless of what people may think about Bethesda or the games, the lore in Elder Scrolls is pretty fantastic