That feeling when the fluff lies to you

That feeling when the fluff lies to you.

Anit tank weapon, not useful against tanks.

>Prescience no longer allows you to reroll gets hot rolls
But I loved that tank, why did it have to become shit?

I think people with only plasma armies annoyed games workshop.

It doesn't even effect plasma guns, which was the main problem, it only effects blast weapons.

Normal plasma guns still get to re-roll as the 'gets hot' is part of the 'to hit' roll but it's a separate thing on plasma cannons and not a 'to hit' roll. I swear they said something about twin-linked allowing re-rolls to gets hot on blast weapons or something which seems hypocritical to me.

gets hot? pretend i don't know what that is.

The reason the Imperium uses bolters instead of plasma guns is because plasma guns get hot and injure or kill their user.

Ok, it works like this.

Roll a D6 to see if you hit, a 'to hit' roll. Weapons with the gets hot special rule harm the user on the roll of a 1, if you have reroll you can reroll the 'to hit' roll meaning the first roll didn't matter even if it was a 1.
roll and 1 then a 2? doesn't get hot so you are not harmed.

This weapon is a blast weapon with the gets hot special rule. It does not roll to hit because of blase so instead it makes a separate 'gets hot' roll, basically don't roll a 1.

It was recently ruled by games workshop that it doesn't matter if you have rerolls to hit as the 'gets hot' roll doesn't benefit from it.

Fluff explanation I just made up off the top of my head: Blast weapons usually generate more heat, so they are more likely to get hot.

Imperium doesn't give a fuck about their citizens

Because plasma kills their precious space marines, right?

they dont, but they do care when 1/6 of their soldiers die from every trigger press costing them a soldier plus the gun that costs probably 20 times that of a lasgun

Great observation chief

>twin-linked allowing re-rolls to gets hot on blast weapons
Twin linked allows you to reroll gets hot on blast weapons. "Reroll misses" does not.

It's worse than that, the plasma gun isn't always destroyed by containment failure.

You're literally losing a soldier and giving the victor the chance to pick up a rare and powerful weapon.

Pask exists exclusively for the Punisher now. Great job, GW. Less options for fun is solid design.

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage.

>one fewer option = poor game design

Welcome to 40gay. Literally 8/9 of the CMv3 dex was omitted in v4 because, as Gav would later explain, "I prefer vanilla, so you must too!"

Self-rape of the fluff is the LEAST of GW's sins. They'll burn for their actions against street investors.

There's no such thing as street investors, those people are called customers.

There's no such thing as customers, those people are called targets,.

There's no such thing as targets, just wallets with a mouth

There's no such thing as a mouth, just a hole for my dick.

only Tau and Eldar can have nice things

I thought that vehicles weren't affected by Gets Hot! due to advanced cooling systems?

Nah, you just get a 4+ save against it or lose a hull point. Amusing, given the plasma Russ fires 3 shots from its main gun and therefore has a not terrible chance of blowing itself up before the end of the game.
Still, it's pretty good for killin muhreens.