What is a good rpg where my players can create unique characters and feel special?

What is a good rpg where my players can create unique characters and feel special?

Anima

Not enough data for a meaningful answer

Shortlist-
Legends of the Wulin
Valor
D&D 4e

/thread

Even if everyone calls it "Weaboo the Weabooning" it's very character focused, in both development and setting letting you play with a incredible wide toolbox and the setting lets you feel important no matter the scope of your objectives.

Any RPG that doesn't explicitly have a limited scope like "you're all playing janitors at a spaceport." And even then, with imaginative players, not always.

It's cliche, but the only limit really is your imagination.

It's about players, not about the system.

Don't hate the player baby. Hate the game

What class is good enough for best girl?

>4e
>unique characters

Yep. The whole '4e characters are the same' thing is tired old bollocks which is completely untrue in reality. 4e provides a solid framework for building interesting, varied and unique characters. It's not perfect and has some real flaws, but a little houseruling and being more liberal with out of combat utility powers helps a lot there.

Going to go with any game that does not use levels to define character progression.

tumblr

>Best girl
>Not Alma

No, Agrias

I'd be more interested in knowing the opposite, a good RPG system where players can't create unique characters and feel special.

Chess

3.pf?

Agrias is boring, Alma for life.
At least her job wasn't replaced and improved upon by Sid

>Chess
>RPG system

Now, I'm not gonna call you wrong, but I will ask that you explain yourself.

They can, but it will end in mechanically unwieldy characters

Chivalry and Sorcery, not only are the players not creating the characters, they will almost always end up as the most mundane people.

HarnMaster. What happens when you combine autistic levels of realism at the cost of playability with a "roll everything randomly" char gen system? A party made entirely of dirt farmers, that's what.

Traveler.
The character creation is just too rng heavy so you have to either luck into stuff or roll til you die and get to start over again.

T3 kind of solved that by turning it into a lifepath with the odd random roll thrown in.

No.

>4e

So you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Why didn't you just say so?

Agrias is a woman, she transcends best girl. Alma's a cool chick, and Rafa a cute.

See

And unless you have an actually valid point to make, shut the fuck up.

>Valor

Someone have the pdf?

Dungeon World

Oh, Rafa...

Her special skill is nigh-useless as-is, but I hacked it at one point so the spells only targeted a single panel rather than a five-panel area, and she was doing ludicrous amounts of damage. Strange how easy it is to make a piece of the mechanics go from crap to amazing with a simple tweak.

>Strange how easy it is to make a 20% panel accuracy spell become amazing when it instead has 100% accuracy, guise

WAOW

The question was for a good system.

Not sure if it was even 20%, probably lower than that. Had a lot more fun with it at one panel for sure.

13th Age

The "One unique thing" feature encourages this kind of thing.

Just don't let it fall into "Muh special snowflake" territory and you should be fine.