Why don't you use centipedes in your games? They're way better than insects, who are completely overdone

Why don't you use centipedes in your games? They're way better than insects, who are completely overdone.

Better than ants or spiders, sure, but not giant mantises.

Mantises are way too boring and passive. Centipedes are true survivalists, that will never go extinct.

I've used giant centipedes in my game.

Also, I'm considering buying a vietnamese giant centipede (the one in your pic), the pet store where I buy mice for my python, just got some giant vietnamese centipedes, they're super fucking neat.

What do you feed them?

Wasn't there some crazy thread about centipedes and sealed jars?

Why aren't you running dire bobbit worm hydras, Veeky Forums?

If there was one, I missed it. Sure there were some good caps, though.

If we're judging arthropods based on their ability to not go extinct then we should just use giant cockroaches.

Pretty sure centipedes came first, though.

What about a game where all the fantasy races are replaced with giant insects! Warrior mantises, Tunneling spiders, bees and wasps, stealthy moths.

The idea has been floated around on Veeky Forums. I know there were fly and leech races, alongside the Thri-Keen and moths.

Fuck you and that deep sea thread a few weeks ago

Because I don't actively despise my players, strangely enough.

>Why don't you use centipedes in your games?
I did, once. We made them genetically engineered to produce Tetrodotoxin in their bite. It was a great thing, they were perfect for assassinations.

Not that guy, but you feed them the souls of the damned, and quite possibly crickets.

So these?

Good old monstrous spiders for me. They sneak around the party, lay ambushes, spin webs and hide in smart places

Decapedes, gigapedes and micropedes are better for fantasy games than regular centipedes.

Those aren't real.

Unruly players.

Horseshoe crabs, then.

NIMBLE NAVIGATOR

you feed them crickets or mice. That's the cheapest. But they'll eat baby birds, small lizards and frogs, anything that's about their size that can't kill them first.

The pet store suggests crickets.

Yeah, that's what we were going for. We also used smaller ones to help us kidnap people easier, their venom was very weak compared to the mush larger ones.

I do. They're essentially chinese red-headed centipedes and have a pension for entering peoples ears. Obviously some burrowing is needed to make adequate space. Also obviously they're often used by torturers.

centipedes aren't insects?

I've got centipede centaur people, who are horrible and extremely dangerous. They use giant centipedes a lot themselves - as pets, hunting animals, throwing weapons, etc.

I said better than insects. More legs=better

Human upper torso?

Do you count 6 legs and a 3 part body?

What about slugs?

They're slow. How have they not been wiped out?

Millipedes can have up to 750 legs, centipedes need to git gud.

The body terminates in a humanoid torso, head and limbs yeah. But they have a second mouth and centipede jaws below the join too.

Millipedes are cowards that curl up in a ball and eat decaying plant matter. Barely better than a pillbug

>mice
How big are these things?

Slow and contemplative, the giant slug and snail civilizations of yore were wiped out and reduced to barbarism. They are pressed into service as baggage animals these days. There are traveling merchants who make their homes in the shells of a giant snail. Some egg-laying creatures lay their brood inside living giant slugs.

Their preferred habitat is aquatic or marine, where they're a lot faster and able to drop an adult human like an elk by reusing venomous stingers they acquire from devouring jellyfish.

Aww, he's kissing it

Can they compete with the cone snails, though?

I use centipedes. Especially giant centipedes. and other giant bugs, because they are a core part of my setting.

>m-mouse, senpai~
>kyaaah

And?

Creepy as fuck. Still kinda cute.

Nah.

Waterbears are so cute.

I keep one as a pet in the real life.

>they're better than insects!
They're still just arthropods.
If you faggots wanted something scary you'd be looking at the prehistoric ones that lived in the ocean.

No one gives a fuck about those. Centipedes are "real" and most people have seen one in real-life. That makes using them more impactful than some prehistoric shit you'd need to pull out a book and explain.

It's something you can immediately visualize and make a connection to.

Because they breed en masse and taste horrible to most predators. And they also tend to stay in dark areas away from dangerous sunlight, and with their gray and black bodies tend to blend in with the underbrush

And no slugs preferred habitat is the Pacific Northwest. On land. Where their body won't almost immediately disintegrate into the water. Snails on the other hand do better in water then land. Shells are heavy m8

New Vegas did it.

YOU RANG?