How do I even fight anything artillary or made out of metal with these?

How do I even fight anything artillary or made out of metal with these?

I have to roll insanely good to even damage a rhino.

Glance it to death then hope it wrecks without exploding.

That is way too luck based to be viable. Maybe it there is only one on the board.

well that's great, but that's the only thing they do. So either do that or use some other unit.

What units should I use? I just fought an army of spacemarines 500 pts with 4 rhinos, a unit on a building with rocket launchers (Which were devastating), and a land speeder. The space marines just kept running away in the rhino, getting out of the rhino, shooting half my daemonettes to death, and then getting back in the rhino.

My army was :
Keep of Secrets with lvl 3 psych (Summoning Daemons every turn)
2 Units of 10 Daemonettes
1 Mask of Slaanesh

Have the Keeper of secrets take a Lash weapon 2d6 S 6 shots should easily wreck a rhino, and they'll be able to get close quickly without being threatened by marines.

Have the Daemonettes take objectives. If they want to win, they'll have to come to you.

Consider also cutting out the Masque and including some Seekers. They're Mich faster and can outflank. They're much more likely to close the distance and wreck face.

They can shoot me from a distance even if I take the objective. I would be in a literal foxhole.

yep.

I'm not sure if you're noticing a theme, but mono slaanesh doesn't fucking work.

Godamn. So what, rules-wise Slaanesh is like Korne mixed with Tzeentch with none of the good aspects of either?

So get in cover. Tacticals with bolters isn't the most threatening shooting.

Hide behind LoS blocking terrain.

>Tacticals with bolters isn't the most threatening shooting
It is when I drop after one wound

5 tactials shooting rapid-fire at 10 daemonettes, you're looking at around 7 hits, 5 wounds, with maybe 3 of those going through after saves.

This is only if you're within 12" though, which means your Daemonettes are in easy charging distance.

If you're further away, you're talking maybe 1 or 2 wounds, and that's assuming you don't have any sort of cover better than your 5++.

I'm questioning how he's even fitting all that in there. If each of those Rhinos has a tactical squad inside, that's 400 points already.

One rhino was empty, 3 rhinos had a squad of 5 marines each, and then a detachment squad of rocket launchers that had 48" or maybe 42" reach.

Its 48". Even so, that's still pushing right up against 500 including the landspeeder, and he has to be running unbound since he doesn't have an HQ.

He was running some sort of tactical detachment that we described as "Speedy and fluffed as a scouting party." I believe he said it allowed for cheaper rhinos at a 20 point decrease.

Take CSM allies and use those to take away the metal boxes.

First of all, terrible fluff. Marines don't scout in Rhinos. That's what scouts are for.

Second, I can't think of any detachment or formation that does that. There's the Gladius that gives free transports, but it needs 6 tactical squads.

I texted him but he hasn't responded yet.

He is cheating you bro.
Give him some Slaaneshi style vengeance.
With a dildo.

He's not that kind of guy.

I dunno, it smells fishy.

I agree. I'm also now questioning the part of where he says they got out, fired, then got back in. While I assumed it was on separate turns, I wouldn't be surprised if the marine guy has been having them get back in right after shooting or something dumb

All in one turn :

He was dismounting a rhino, shooting, rolling a distance in inches on 2d6 to see if he could move and get back into the rhino in one turn, though he never went farther than like 2 inches away from the rhinos at any time.

Oh, yeah. Blatant cheating. First, he has to embark/disembark in the movement phase only, and it uses the movement of the unit so you can only do one.

Second, assuming he was running to get back in the Rhino in the shooting phase, he can't run and shoot in the same turn. He also can't Run to embark or disembark or anything.

Third, he should only use 1d6 to run, not 2.

Sounds to me like he's either reading the rules very wrong, or a cheating faggot.

Sounds like a cheating faggot to me.
Points discrepancies? Unheard of formations? And then doing weird stuff with embarking/shooting/disembarking?

I'd chalk one of them up to misreading the rules, but not all of it.

Yeah. So far the only thing it sounds like he actually didn't cheat with is the Land Speeder. I would say the Missile Devastators as well, but they sounded like they did way too much work for a single squad on a roof.

How old are you guys? Sounds like he has no idea what is meant to be happening

Don't underestimate missile dev squads.
Mine has served me well these last 3 editions, stable versatile fire support is always usefull.

Wtf those daemonettes look like shit, what happened to the ones from 2nd/3rd ed?

Yeah, I'm sure missile devs are great, though with everything else and how oppressive they sounded in that story, I wouldn't be surprised if the marine dude did something else to boost them further.

sexy went out of style. the new plastics are static and half male half female bodies. the old metal diaz were in motion, as if dancing and feminine

i gave up on mono slaanesh years ago because i found i did terrible at rending and wasn't fast enough. now i min/max and take whatever looks cool and do much better. i crushed a skittarri/ad mech player the other day

The biggest thing I hate about the new models is how static they are. At best you get a slight walking stride. It doesn't feel like a bunch of Initiative 5 creatures sprinting across the field.

i might be a big manly man who has stared death in the face but i would buy the fuck out of some prancing daemonic women with giant claws or slender swords

Buy Ragingheroes' then.

OP you may want to talk to your friend about his interpretation of the rules. As others have pointed out he's doing things that are extremely illegal. He either has almost no grasp of the rules ( like someone who has watched YouTube battle reports but never actually read the book), or he is cheating. I hope it's not cheating because that can sour your experience so early in the hobby.

As for Slaanesh, I suggest pairing the demons with some Emperor's Children CSM. It's fluffy and can help fill some gaps in your army.

I would second this. Picking up some Chaos Space Marines or Renegades and Heretics can be a good way to stay mono-slaanesh while getting some long-range firepower and shooting to help your Daemons close the gap.

Any response OP?
Or is your "friend" a fag?

Nah still no response. But it's 2 AM now and I'm drunk as shit. So Yeah.

I'd recommend checking out the rules for his units and formations, as well as, you know, embarking and disembarking rules, because that super sounds like he was playing off your lack of knowledge.

You only get free transports in a certain formation, and he didn't have that. Four Rhinos is 140 points stock, straight up. You cannot disembark and rembark on the same player turn.

>OP: how do I solve this tactical problem, Veeky Forums?
>Veeky Forums: have you tried learning the rules?

>OP: lolnope

Every single time.

Isn't there that White Scars one that lets you do it? But you need to take a shitload of other things, no way it could run in 500?