40k general

I don't know what to edition edition

>Rules databases
Emega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-FI/Mechanicum-Cerastus-Knight-Atrapos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is there any race that you haven't played against in a long time or ever?

I just had my first game ever against ad mech, but they're a new faction anyway.

>Bought a small 3 tiered drawer
>took ~1.5 hrs to organize my bits by army
>tfw bits are finally neat and organized
>mfw now every time I need to search for a bit I don't need to sift through 3 armies worth

Battlereport:

So tee gee, I think I faced That Guy today. I'm a noob, for what its worth.

>be me
>go to local GW with 1000 points of scions, inquisition and a few marines since there was a mega battle happening
>was a little late and they already started
>guy I had seen there before was at the other table, asks if I'm down for a game
>he says 1850, I say I only have 1k
>"oh okay. Do you have anything that could harm a knight?"
>mfw
>his Tau friend who I'd fought before comes up with a Taurox and a squad of scions (he'd wanted to play Kill Team)
>I kind of wanted to face him in Kill Team (and sort of asked him)
>knight guy budges in, essentially forces us to play him

I should have just said no but I went ahead anyway. God dammit. I even heard about this guy's knight list from other store-goers, but when I had first met him he was running KDK and seemed like a chill dude (still seems nice but...). Anyways:

>Other guy who I had met before comes up, looking concerned
>tells knight guy, "dude are you really gonna bring like 3 knights to a 1k point game"
>ends up lending me his 2 dreadknights because he felt bad
>game start, 3 knights on the table (two short ones and the tall guy)
>immediately shunt the two DKs over to the short knight in the back because reasons
>send a rhino with a plasma tac squad up the field a little
>DKs and knight shoot it out a little
>rhino takes a hit, -1 HP
>his knights advanced to take out my servo skulls

Next I did something really dumb. Being a noob, for some reason I thought you rolled for reserves all at once instead of by each unit. I rolled a 1 and kept all my melta scions in reserves. No one caught my mistake and I didn't realize it until my DK friend mentioned it later.

>DKs assault back knight, murderzone him
>Tall knight and little knight shoot up the Chimera (immobilized), Rhino (dies) and Taurox (dies)
>tall knight assaults DKs, begins dunking them
>luckily I had to leave for something and bailed out at that point

Fuckin A.

>>he says 1850
Immediate warning bells go off when you hear this guys. 1850 is faggot tier points.

>knight guy budges in, essentially forces us to play him
No, man up and tell him to fuck off with his noise

>3 knights to a 1k point game
Please tell me you took this kid out back and beat his ass

> No one caught my mistake
Because not having your meltas shoot their knights is better for them. 100% if you rolled for them to arrive they would have mentioned you did it wrong

Yeah. You're right. Looking back on it, I kind of thought I could take him since we'd houseruled that my 4 scion squads were all melta command squads.

But if I won, then we'd have a knight player claiming his army was underpowered because it got rekt by stormtroopers.

So what glue is best? It seems to be doing OK, but it sticks when I don't want it to, and doesn't when I do.

So, got a suggestion on a good plastic glue?

GW glue is fine in my experience. The plastic glue, that is. The new weird ass super glue tubes are fucking garbage.

How would you make a Soviet-inspired Tau (Cold War era)?

paint them all red and give them little yellow sickle and hammer decals.

Sweet Jesus Christo above, user. You bailed at the perfect time. Also why is that reaction image so perfect?

you are obligated to say comrade at least once an hour. perhaps a mustache on every tau?

Spam Tanks and Riptides/Skyrays. The more missiles, the better. Also, all infantry formations are mechanized.

The hammer and sickle thing probably would be ill-fitting for Tau. The closest thing they would make is drone and riptide.
Can they ever grow facial hair?

GW brick and mortars have terrible playerbases in my experience. If you have an flgs I'd suggest checking it out. I spent the first two years in the hobby going to a GW. Almost quit because I couldnt stand associating myself with a bunch of that guys. Luckily I decided to give the flgs a second chance - best decision I couldve made.

Minimal unit upgrades, absolutely no drones, quantity over quality tons of infantry backed by couple overblown superweapons.
HQ must be the most useless unit of the whole community.

model a tank after the Trabant or Lada

>facial hair

Ethereals can.

Dark Eldar. I have other armies, but I've never played against DE. Ever.

I only use mine for low-points (1K and under) casual games.

Huh. Well I be darned they can. The shake weights did draw my attention first.

Does it count as facial hair or epic neckbeard?

Use the Testor's that comes in the black triangle shaped plastic container. It has a small metal tube applicator and lasts forever.

what's his full list? I want to be that guy

>No drones.

Red Alert lied to me.

What is so bad about 1850? That was the limit my friend group was aiming for...

They're right next to my house and from what I gather they all hate the knight guy too (even the manager). Overall they've been pretty good, but I will start looking around now.

Just 5 knights, one of which is the tall one (atrapos I think).

user, that's just a long braided goatee. neckbeards are terrible

But why?
It's a redflag.
Which Aptros? The one larger than a Warhound?

This time in events that never happened: This shocking story will surely rile some emotion in you!

>Which Aptros? The one larger than a Warhound?

There are zero knights bigger then a warhound.

The better question is, can they have fu-manchu hair and look good?

>but why
my life is miserable, I want to make some neckbeards cry and rage at forums because of me

Red Army or Blue army (for originality)?

Just don't expect anyone to want to play you a second time. You're better off building a fair army that you get really good with and then trash talking.

Oh yes there is. It's a newer 30k Knight that got resized. It's larger than the Supremacy Suit.
It's a 50/50 deal. Some do some don't. Depends on the Tau.
Get out and get fresh air.

forgeworld.co.uk/en-FI/Mechanicum-Cerastus-Knight-Atrapos

This is the one I'm pretty sure.

True. Definitely no way I'm gonna accept a game from that dude again.

>It's a redflag
For what, though?

Yeah why would 1850 specifically be bad?

>There are zero knights bigger then a warhound.

Isn't one of the new Forge World ones coming out soon to be as large or slightly larger than a Warhound is?

I say fu-manchu beard for slender ones while those with a Earth-case like build get bushy beards.

>not giving bushy beards to fire warriors so they can be OPERATORS

Same size as Ta'unar, Ta'unar is smaller then a warhound.

That's the one.

1/2

I've never played against Orks, though I'd really like to. Everyone in my flgs played AdMech, Tau, SM, or Khorne Daemonkin. Orks just seem like a genuinely fun army to play against, I wish they had better rules.

>and look good
tau never look good, so no

Got to cover up all their ugly mugs with helmets.

Nice! I've got a tackle box I use to store my CSM, and the top shelf has all my bitz in it sorted as best I can.

2/2

I have now played over 125 games with my Orkz since 6th edition started, AMA

W/L ratio?

Fun per hour?

I wanted to play orks when I started but I didn't want to lose all the time so I went for AM instead. I wish orks had better rules too.

No imperial knight is the size of a warhound.

Feeling kind of dispirited today 40k general, drove for two hours today to seek out two different hobby shops to find a game and neither of them had any 40k community, just lots of MtG players. While at least I have some devastators and a Space Marine Heroes set coming in to build andpaint, any tips on how to get better at the game while I'm sitting in a dead zone for my hobby? Sorry for blogging.

>W/L ratio?
65/35 my favor roughly, maximum fun per hour

Zog me it's bootiful.

That's what you get for not calling ahead you git.

I have a lot more, my collection all in all is like 10,000 points give or take

Disgusting. Too many toys and not enough boyz.

Get your friends to buy Tabletop Simulator when it goes on sale and play online. There's a fairly healthy selection of maps and armies, assuming you don't mind a little proxying here and there.

Still not enough boys to toys.

how can you deal with pie plates and people bunkering in a corner etc?

how would you rank opposing armies from ez to hard? including mirror match

>those screaming red blobs
Good heavens.

made a 1850 pt list for a sort of mad king scenario, I know Necrons are strong right now but I don't see anybody using destroyers, hope this list isn't too cheesy

Destroyer cult formation

Destroyer Lord
phylactery, voidreaper, phaseshiftier, and mineshackle scarabs

three units of 6 destroyers
one each upgraded to a heavy destroyer

one unit of 3 heavy destroyers

CAD

Lord
war scythe and mineshackle scarabs

two units of 5 immortals with tesla carbines

two units of 10 flayed ones

8 lichguard with sword and board

check online for locals

and they just keep getting bigger and bigger; where will it end?

It's netlist territory. Especially in the UK where our tourneys aren't played at that points level if someone comes in wanting to play 1850 is so they can thoughtlessly drop the FOTM list down and expect an easy win.

hire a prostitute to play with you, we do it once a month for my D&D group

The new knight is a manlet and you are still bitching.

Wait a minute, that new knight is armed with those fucking D blast laser guns isn't it?

No, lascannons instead.

Plate armies you either go shooty/heavy armor or very very fast

CSM/Marines, Nids, DE, Orkz, Daemons I would rank "normal"

Guard, Tau, Eldar, Knights I would rank "ah crap"

Knights I rank "zog me"

Chaos Knights I rank "zog me"

I hope they make the lasers strength D in the final draft, because fuck eldars.

Eldar Wraithhost I rank "Juz zog me up git"

Ah slightly scaled down then, makes sense. Is this also the first superheavy that doesn't have HPs that are a multiple of 3?

Most tourney groups (easily spotted by their house rules and an acronym name) play at that point value.
That means all the opponent is doing is playing at list literally printed from the internet from matches that give new meaning to WAAC faggots.
Rarely, it's the point value of a FLGS, but it's pretty much only that if they are tourney fags.
So basically, if you wanna play a game and your opponent says the point value should be 1850, look over what they are bringing. Even if you already agreed to play and are in the middle of setting up, if the faggot puts down infinite eldar bikes, wraithknights, grav spam or an invisible deathstar, decline the match.
If your opponent asks why, you can say the game isn't worth your time (because it will be literally 0 fun for you to get crushed) and/or you don't play against WAAC min maxed meta tourney lists for pickup games in the same why you don't punch yourself in the face for fun.

Also, we might summon the tourney fags and their houserule spouting by talking about this. Please ignore them, they are a plague and a cancer on the game.

i am but a humble chaos daemon, i must sow chaos where ever i am

Well, it does help that SP points are being rulled out. The reason that the factors of three existed was because Structure points was a thing. It was used to calculate void shield regen I think and was given to superheavies for their hp instead. 1sp=3hp

This image was deceptive then.

Those are muh wierdboyz, one of my favorite units

These are always deceptive. Most of those slideshows are made twenty minutes before they are revealed and are put together by interns.

Heres a tide I brought for a tourney

I bet that Knight and Gorkanaut had an interesting time.

Nice and bunched up for all those blasts.

Thats betta

they are definitely weird.

So should I tell my group to push for 2000 instead of 1850?

They did, essentially punched each other to death I got lucky on the charge and took him with me

I had to come out like that, had to fit how ever many tons of boys it was inside of six inches, I got slaughtered that game, actually beat or tied with everyone else that day tho

You should play at whatever level you like. Personally, I prefer 3k doubles.

>two effectively codex-compliant chapters play more uniquely compared to codex SM than CSM do

csm update when

Nut nuff boyz!

You should play whatever everyone is comfortable with.
One guideline: More points means less min maxing can occur, because you have more points for more answers.
My FLGS standard is 2k, but that's just what we are used to. You wouldn't think 150 extra points means much, but considering that's basically another answer to something I might encounter, that's good.
Try out other points values, 2k is good, 2.5k, 3k as well. Then downgrade, try 1.5k and 1k. See which of the points values you guys enjoy more.
Odds are, you'll want more points for more toys. Just keep in mind too many points can make the game take too long.

>csm update when
It's probably sitting on the CEOs desk while he compares it to the internet and the rage it would cause, mostly among 3.5 edition faggots.

Everyone keeps complaining about how units keep getting too large and yet dont say anything on how the new titan is smaller then a dread-knight

Favorite HQ?

>mfw the CEO is still upset about 3.5, pre nerf heldrakes, and the white dwarf chaos daemons update

this is your brain on chaos

any questions?