Android Netrunner General - /anrg/

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/6/3/blood-money/

>Question of the day:
What do you think of Khan and Builder of Nations having 12 influence? Do you think MWL will make them unplayable?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Android Netrunner Official FFG News & Spoilers:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/tag/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-card-spoilers

>Floor rules
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/66/62/66628aed-d2e3-41c3-9ea2-1caae96b104f/adn-floor-rules.pdf

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c9/e5/c9e522d2-d9f6-4053-9a80-684198c25fa5/adn_faq_v301.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>Netrunner Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
github.com/shyndman/ono-sendai (You’ll need to build it yourself)

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder (not recommended)

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
eriktwicereviews.com/tag/netrunner/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

I can see why it could be hard on for Khan (though I can't see potential combos with the MWL cards yet), but why would MWL effect Builder of Nations?

There's definitely a deck involving pic related.

Took an experimental version of one to a Regional today and it didn't do so well.

Going for some bullshit with Fisk and Sifting or Populist Rally after Investment Seminars. I've got Exclusive Party + Comet jank in there which can leave. The issue is early aggression and setting up before getting the soft lock.

I played it against a deck that plays Netrunner and I decided the Corp after they got to 6 points. Jinteki made me wait until I got central breaker suite to start pressure. Dunno how I feel about horizontal decks. Dunno how I feel about suite. Economy feels like it takes too long until I land a cheap Siphon. I also had to go tag me even with fairly important resources on the board.

Laramy Fisk: Savvy Investor

3x Account Siphon
2x Easy Mark
2x Employee Strike ••
6x Exclusive Party
3x Fisk Investment Seminar
2x Information Sifting
2x Inside Job
1x Levy AR Lab Access •••
2x Populist Rally
2x Special Order
3x Sure Gamble

2x Comet ••••

2x Data Dealer
1x Oracle May •
2x Political Operative
1x Salsette Slums ••
3x Scrubber •••

2x Alias
2x Breach
2x Passport

Deck is gutter trash as it is, but I think the premise is sound. Maybe some other shell.

>Dunno how I feel about horizontal decks. Dunno how I feel about suite. I also had to go tag me even with fairly important resources on the board.

I think changing the Easy Marks into Bank Jobs would be an easy way to inject credits into your engine, given the current corp climate, and the fact you're Fisk. I think a singleton Same old thing to protect the Levy could be worth it as well.

On the topic of going tag me as criminal, it I don't feel comfortable building a decks anymore that can't afford to go tag me at some point. So many Snares, and D+D still the most recent big box. And the ever present fact that Account Siphon is the first 3 cards in the deck.

In that context, maybe cut the Scrubbers and SalSlums. Apocalypse or Eater could do a lot to support your game plan and breaker suite.

>Wheeler keep spinning
Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity's Shadow)

Event (22)
6x Exclusive Party (Salsette Island)
1x Rebirth (The Liberated Mind) •
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
3x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x Vamp (Trace Amount) ••
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) •••
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
1x Employee Strike (Data and Destiny) •

Hardware (6)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
1x e3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount)
1x Feedback Filter (Creation and Control) •
2x Logos (Honor and Profit)
1x Q-Coherence Chip (Honor and Profit)

Resource (10)
2x Political Operative (Democracy and Dogma)
2x The Turning Wheel (The Liberated Mind) ••
2x Bank Job (Core Set)
1x Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow)
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
1x Gang Sign (The Underway)
1x Film Critic (Old Hollywood) •

Icebreaker (3)
1x Mongoose (Kala Ghoda)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ••
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) ••

Program (4)
1x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)
3x Au Revoir (The Source)

15 influence spent (maximum 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Liberated Mind

keep spinning wheeler

Even though I don't even own that card.

>What do you think of Khan and Builder of Nations having 12 influence? Do you think MWL will make them unplayable?

12 Influence seems a bit weird. Had they wanted to keep the deck size/influence ratio stable, 13 seems like it would have been more indicated. As for the MWL, don't care about it myself, but I do think that if that loss of one point of influence is enough to make people think that decks are going to be "unplayable", then the list is not doing its job and its about time to start thinking about banning outright the unbalanced cards.

That being said, it does seem to me like "unplayable" is way of an overstatement.

Talking about Khan, anyone think that ID ability means there's going to be new some new bypass tool for the faction?

Having proxied it for a couple of games yesterday, the ability feels weirdly narrow to me. There's a few moments I wished it would have affected programs rather than Icebreakers.

Khan with Chameleon (or better, a chameleon-alike in criminal) would be great, though it is an inf hog.

Likewise, Khan with Autoscripter seems like a good combo.

I don't think she'll be released without support

I'm not even sold on Chameleon. The double constraint of needing to install once you've passed the first ICE, but before knowing what the following one is going to be is huge.

And then it would need support. Probably more Datasucker than LLDS, but same same poison.

So far it's a kinda wasteful ability that demands you know already what it is you want to install before you install it. Which I guess is cool because it seems like it asks for expose. But you can bet that's not going to work that way and if the ID is played it will only be because people have found a way around that.

I guess one cool thing early game is that it gives incentive to the corp to rez ICE rather than let you though and give you that click-free, abated install.

How do you make use of Nero's ability? First thought was use Snitch, doing something like expose, jack out, then run again if it's a Sentry. If they rez, you jack out, if not then you go through, using Snitch again on the second unrezzed ice if available, letting you map out the board state. Maybe add on rez increase cards? I have a feeling that Snitch could be better served on other IDs though.

I just use it to be really aggressive early game. Since I no longer need a killer I can pressure harder and force some rezzes. And then I derez it.

Wouldn't go with Snitch because it's basically making your ID ability redundant.

As user mentioned, the cool thing about Nero is the ability to face-check in reliable security. Some code gates can hurt you, sure, but they're few, and overall their bite lesser than equivalently priced sentries.

Where more traditional crim decks would wait for Faerie to start face-checking, poking at servers, Nero can go naked from turn one. Faster, and you might save slots for other functions.

Add the link for balance.

That's true, and you're basically safe from code gates too if you either run 1st click or have a decoder out. Your thoughts on including Au Revoir?

I think au revoir works well with 40 size decks, shaper, or Andy. Otherwise you can't setup fast enough.

What if you use it with 6 Spy Cameras?

I don't know, you're welcome to try.
Personally I had good experience using Spy Cameras with Drug Dealers. I also tried with oracle may but the drug dealers were better at it.

Still a few things you should stay wary of. Yagura comes to mind.

>Your thoughts on including Au Revoir?

Might be counter-intuitive, but I think *because* you can so freely jack-out free of risk means you probably actually are going to do it so *less* than you would with some other decks/IDs, especially so with Au Revoir set up. You want to start with as little set up as you can, and you *can* start naked, meaning by the time you get Au Revoir out, you've probably "wasted" so to speak quite a few jack out occasions already.

And that's before even going into how your ID ability changes the way the corp is going to install and rez things (which actually could go both ways regarding that Au Revoir plan of yours).

Anyway, try, might work for you, but that's not where I would go first myself.

bump

Early experimentation seems like I'd spend way too much time drawing and installing Spy Cams to do anything effective for the first few turns. We'll see what happens during a proper match I guess, since I much prefer going fast..

True, since I'm going for a rez/derez deck I might switch out Snitch + Au Revoir and Spy Cam for stuff that could contribute faster or keep the Corp poor. Setting up could prove too slow otherwise.

Chaos Theory is sad.

And the guys (likely her dads, based on the photo, but the suit might not be related, and any other male relation is possible) are arguing about a poptart

Maybe the threat of a Financial Collapse is why CT more often than not has a MOpus...

I'll repeat it again, but FFG needs to stop with the Chaos Theory bullying now!

No, they just need to make more child runners, preferably one per faction. Then they can bully each of them in turn and CT will have friends who are not also her computer.

>and CT will have friends who are not also her computer
She has at least one...